Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

InRealLife Advice Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

InRealLife Advice Thread Empty
PostSubject: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, If you guys don't do IRL advice, then just tell me and I'll delete this.

So, My Grandpa just died In Real Life. Of course I'm sad. This is the first MAJOR family member that has really died since I was 3 and my Grandma died. I haven't cried and don't feel sad enough to cry, even though I had alot of good memories with him. Am I a bad person? Or just simply un-emotional? Please Reply.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 am

You aren't a bad person. When my grandfather died, I didn't cry either. It's not like I wasn't sad. I think it might have been that I didn't realize that he was gone for good until several months later. Just give it some time to sink in, and once it does, remember he's in a better place.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 am

Hey, I feel your pain. My grandmother died about 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure that I haven't cried. No-your not a bad person just because you didn't cry. In fact, when my grandmother died my dad(Her son) didn't cry at all. But, his sister(my aunt) cried a bunch. I guess it just depends on who you are if you cry when somebody dies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Don't worry Tony ; you're not weird or abnormal or unemotional. As someone who's suffered grief through death themselves, all I can say is that sometimes it takes a while for the grief to sink in and the tears to start. Believe me, my nana died about a year and a half ago, and i've only just started to cry.

--ninja
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day. My mom's godmother died when I was about 6, and I was really unemotional. I loved her, she was a really good family friend and I spent a lot of time with her... I just didn't really comprehend her passing. I suppose I was sad, but I guess being young you move on.. quickly? I felt quite guilty for not being upset, but I think it's a normal thing for some people.
The same with my dogs. I had 2 Maltese of the same who have been with me my whole life, and about a year and a half ago they both passed away within 2 weeks of each other. I cried a little when they first left, but otherwise I got through it quickly. Only now looking back do I realize how much I miss them, and cry about them and get upset. But it's okay to be emotional if you are eventually... it happens to everyone, and sometimes it helps to get it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Thank you all for helping me. I actually did end up crying at his burial with my Uncle on my other parents side. He had never meet the man who the funeral was for in his life, and yet he came to support me. That is what made me cry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: InRealLife Advice Thread   InRealLife Advice Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InRealLife Advice Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Questions & Advice-
Jump to: