Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A date is just a date, right? (Katie)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Misael Campos

A date is just a date, right? (Katie) Empty
PostSubject: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Markus sat at the table at his favorite Italian restaurant in Manhattan. They had great spaghetti and great ambiance. He had made a date here for tonight. It was a blind date, set up by a friend of a friend. He fidgeted at the table, looking to the door as every person walked in. Could that be her?
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I strode into the restraunt, my idiot half brother Percy set me up on a date with a friend of his because apparently I needed to take a break from keeping our cabin running at all times of the day.

Anyways I walked through the door and a waiter showed me to a table where one other guy was sitting, he looked nice enough, a tad older but that was alright. By the look of his worn hands I could guess his God Parent was Ares, Hephaustaus, or Apollo.

"Hello" I greeted him, smoothing out my top (see picture) and extending my hand to him. "Jamie Seaslicer, Daughter of Poseidon."
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Markus watched as the young woman talked to the waiter. That had to be her. She fit the description that he'd been given. She looked a little younger than him, but most demigods at camp were younger than him. As she approached the table, Markus stood, stretching out his hand to take hers.

"Markus Jones, son of Hephaestus," he replied, shaking her hand. He motioned for her to take a seat across from him. "I guess we're both in the same boat," he added, taking a seat as well. "Blind dates can be so awkward, right? I figured we could just get it out there and move past it. You know?" He chuckled awkwardly, not sure how she'd react.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

"Umm yea I guess" I shrugged my shoulders, trying to relieve some tension. He was okay, nothing special yet. "Percy set me up I guess, How did you get conned into this?" I allowed a small smile to play over my features, if he did answer my question about being forced into this, then at least I knew he wouldn't be interested.

The waiter came and asked for a drink, pulling out a fake idea I asked for an Appletini. I looked at Markus, "Would you like a cool one like mine?" I indicated discreetly my fake ID I could get him one if he wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Markus had forgotten that Percy Jackson would have known this girl. He hadn't heard much from that kid since the whole saving the world thing. "Well, seems like your brother knows one of my sisters. She took it upon herself to set me up." She had said that he had been moping around the cabin too long. What did she expect now that most of friends were gone from camp.

Markus smiled as Jamie showed him her fake ID. He pulled out his own and ordered a beer. When the waiter left, he showed it to her. "I live in the city during the year," he explained. "There's nothing fun to do without a fake ID. You just gotta know the places that will take it. Like this wonderful establishment." He motioned to the restaurant. He leaned in and added, "It doesn't hurt that I know most of the waiting staff. I come here a lot because the food is really good." He sat back and berated himself. He was rambling because he was nervous, which wasn't cool.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

"Thats cool I guess, I grew up in the city as well, though it wasn't in a home, more of the gang scene." my smile faded, perhaps if we grew closer I would tell him.. maybe, I shook my head. "What else do you do in the city?" I asked mildly interested.

Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Markus listened to Jamie give a brief look at her past life. He would never have guessed that from her. "I am a student here," he replied. "After all, even demigods have to go to college, as unfortunate as that may be." He took his beer from the waiter and thanked him. "To new friendships," he said as he raised his glass. A toast was always in order on the first drink.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 pm

I toasted with him, I was fine in silence, no matter how awkward. "Soo.. Son of Hephaustaus thats usually fun huh?" I got an idea, "Could you help me? Like make me a magic sword like my dim witted brother has?" I leaned over a gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "If you aren't too busy?"
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Markus was taken aback by the peck, but he stammered out an answer. "Yeah, I could," he replied. "I mean I'm best with daggers, but a sword is just a longer dagger, right? What kind of powers would you like?" Depending on the power, he would have to find a child of Hecate to spell the blade, but other powers he could bestow himself.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:11 pm

"Could you set it on fire?" I asked "Like when I pull it out it just blazes into fire?" I thought, "And if possible could you make it transform from a bellybutton ring?" I blushed a bit after saying that. I usually didn't publicize that tidbit about myself.

Then as a last afterthought, "Could it be inscribed as 'Storm Strike'?" Then I stopped I felt childish asking him so many questions. "Sorry I got a bit carried away."
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Markus thought about her request for a moment. "The flames would need to be added by child of Hecate, right before the final quenching in a vat of nectar." That comment was more for him than for Jamie. "As for the transformation and inscription, those are standar bits of my work." He flashed a grin before adding, "But I will admit that I have never made a weapon turn into a belly-button ring." Markus took a swig of his beer. "I assume you have one," he commented.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I blushed a rosy shade, "Yea.. I usually don't tell many people, much less people on a date." what the hell might as well tell him. "I also have a tattoo" I blushed again, I don't know why it embarrassed me. Maybe it was because I just didn't show it off?
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Markus's eyes shot up at Jamie's confession. "That's bad-a," he said with a smile. "I've always wanted to get one, but I could never decided what or where. Can you tell me what it is?" He didn't ask where it was because that could lead to an awkward subject that he much rather would like to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 pm

"It's just a bunch of stars" I said like that was it, "Nothing big" I blushed again, what was with me and the embarrassment? "It's only one but it's kind of special." I thought back "It reminds me of my Dad, I don't want to go into it right now."
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Markus finished off his beer as Jamie explained about her tattoo. "That's fine," he said with a smile. "I understand how hard it can be to talk about family. After all, we all have screwed up mortal families, as well as being part of a dysfunctional immortal family." He flashed her a wink. "What's your plan for after camp?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:53 pm

"I don't know.." I frowned, "If I can't figure something out i'll be rejoining my old gang, at least thats as far as I thought about it." I smiled "You're a really nice guy." I told him, and I meant it, it wasn't often I met someone who actually cared this much about me.

I allowed my thoughts to drift again while we ordered. Then once the waiter left I asked a rather odd question. "Have you ever played Assassins Creed?" my mind rapidly expanded on my crazy idea. "Would it be possible to get a set of armor like that?"
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Markus smiled at the compliment. "You're not too bad yourself," he said with a nod. "And you are always more than welcome to hang out with me and my college friends if you want. Maybe, you can get a feel for the whole collegiate scene." He ordered another drink and asked the waiter for the menus.

When Jamie asked about the armor, Markus could only shake his head. "Sorry, haven't played that one," he admitted. "But if you explain it to me, I might be able to figure it out." The waiter returned with the menus, and Markus held them up. "Would you like to look, or do you trust me to order you something delicious?"
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am

I smiled lightly "Surprise me, I don't eat italian much" I thought about the armor. "I actually have a picture in my wallet," I explained, "don't blame me, the guy is hot." I showed him the picture:

Spoiler:

"Pretty sweet if I do say so myself." I spoke up.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 am

"Alrighty then," Markus replied, "we'll have two chicken parmesans, please." He turned to Jamie. "It's the chef's specialty." She offered him a picture of the armor. "As long as he isn't hotter than me," Markus said with a smile as he took the picture. "I mean we are kind of on a date right now." He flashed a wink before looking at the picture. "I might be able to make something like that," he replied, handing back the picture. "I am not sure about the cloth though. Most of my work is with metal and leather. Cloth shouldn't be too hard though."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:31 am

"Great thanks" I thanked him. "So you're in college huh? Lots of monster attacks their?" Now that he asked it earlier, what was I going to do next year? Turning 18 I wasn't allowed to stay year round anymore, a few years ago Chiron had discovered that when 18 year old were staying as year rounders pregnancy rates had soared.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 am

Markus replied, "No problem, any time." He smiled at Jamie. She was nice, and he could see himself getting to know her more, maybe even forming a relationship. "Actually, the monsters seem to go for the younger, more inexperienced demigods. I'm too old for them to come at me and expect easy prey. Every once and a while, I have to fight a couple off, but it's nothing too bad." The food came, and Markus put a little on a side plate, offering it to his father. "I hope you like it," he said before taking his first bite.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 am

I cut a slice of chicken from my food and put it in the water that was poured in front of me. Instantly it disappeared. Another tribute to my Dad who loved to ignore me. Why did I bother sacrificing to him if he never even acknowledged me as his daughter? It's like he had disowned me or something.

"It is delicious." I replied after eating a few bites. "Good choice"
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 am

Markus only smiled as he ate more of his food. "Glad you like it," he said when his mouth was empty. "So, are you hating Percy for setting us up? Or is this more of a pleasant surprise?" Markus knew what it was for him, but he wondered what Jamie would say.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:46 am

"Dono, I hate my brother either way, he's lazy, doesn't clean up after himself, and pretty much dumps the responsibility of taking care of the cabin on me." I thought "However i'd say this is pretty pleasant. What is it for you?"
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Markus smiled at Jamie's question. "It was," he replied. "I'll have to give Percy my thanks the next time I see him. Has he been around camp?" It had been a while since Markus was at camp, so he really didn't know what was happening with the older crowd. He had come back to camp just for that reason. People like Percy and Thomas were just old memories that he had wanted to relive, if that was even possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A date is just a date, right? (Katie)   A date is just a date, right? (Katie) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A date is just a date, right? (Katie)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next