Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Misael Campos

New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) Empty
PostSubject: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:30 am

Misael looked out from the cab that he shared with his grandmother Rosa. She had been taking care of him for so many years, the years that had followed the death of his father and the disappearance of his mother. He hadn’t known either of them very well because they had both left him when he was very little. Rosa Campos was the only family that Misa knew, and wanted. Instead, he found himself in the middle of nowhere, looking at a hill wondering what had brought him to this place. He had been normal, a high school student who never got into much trouble. The life he lived was one of books and homework, having to push through his dyslexia and ADHD to make the grades he knew his parents would be proud of, if only they knew. All of that had changed, however, that fateful day in gym class. He couldn’t have imagined it because he had no idea what world he was living in, yet the fact still remained that he was who he was.

A demigod.

The word came to his mind like oil mixing with water: it just wouldn’t stay down. No matter what he did, the though continued to surface, coming to the forefront of his mind. He wasn’t a normal guy, and that was why everything had been so difficult for him as a kid. He had always been the boy who got in trouble for hitting another kid too hard, even if it was only on accident. His mind could easily understand the concepts his teachers taught him at school, regardless of the dyslexia and ADHD, both of which were apparently a result of his parentage. He was made for battle and Ancient Greek, not gym class and English. When Rosa had finally told him, it had been a lot to take in, and even now, he couldn’t push the thoughts down.

“Well, mijo,” Rosa said to him, breaking his reverie. “Are you going to go up? That’s the only place that is safe for you. I’ve kept you safe as much as I could, but I know that doesn’t mean much to you now.” She looked as if she was on the verge of tears, and Misael could only think that she deserved to cry. Rosa had lied to him for his entire life, and now she was willing to feel bad about it. He was about to tell her off when she finished with, “Te amo, siempre.”

Those words were the only three words that he remembered his mother telling him, and they said it all to him too. “Te amo, siempre, abuelita,” he replied. “And now that I understand. If I had even thought that those creatures would have come after someone I loved, I would have kept them as safe as possible. Somehow, my not knowing kept me safe, so I forgive you.” Opening the door, Misael grabbed his small bag from the seat next to him and looked at Rosa one last time before leaving. “This isn’t forever,” he said. “I’ll be back.”

“Of course, you will, mijo,” Rosa replied. “Of course, you will.” She smiled at Misa, and he smiled back as he soaked in the moment he had just spent with his grandmother. Then, taking a deep breath, he stepped out of the cab. He heard it leave as he made his way up the hill, looking to meet someone, anyone, who could help him find his way. He didn’t see anyone, but that didn’t mean no one was there. And so, Misael walked up the hill, carrying his bag and beginning his new life as a demigod.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Cratus Walked Stealthily up the hill, We Had Followed The Car, Unseen, Keeping Watch, protecting them as His Mother Last Wish. I Was There, When Atlas Was Freed, I Was There When She Was. I Knew She Needed Us... SO I Held Up TO Her Promise... I Pulled Off My Shredded Up Purple Shirt, and Placed On A New Green one. I Flexed my muscles Cracking the Scabs Along My Back. I Had Rubbed Nectar Over Cratus's Clawed Hide, Hoping It Would Help The Bleeding. My Blades Were Perfectly Cleaned On The Way over Here, Even After The Most Recent Battle With Prometheus's Vultures... I Had Killed Two Of Them, But Not Before They Had Hurt An Innocent. I Was Frustrated About My Performance, But I've Been Doing This For Almost 8 years... It Felt Weird Protecting An Older Child, But one Demigod Over Fifty Dead Is Better Than Anything i could do. Cratus Quietly Padded Up The Hill, I Sent One Of My 8 Throwing Knives Into the Skull of The Hidden Kampala. I Sighed And Leaped of The Head Of My Hell Hound, Doing A Flip Landing With My Blades out, In The Ready Stance... I Knew That One Wasn't Alone...
Back to top Go down
http://Thtsimmermonkidd.tumblr.com
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Misael turned around when he heard the sound of someone behind him. He was amazed to see a guy about his age standing there, weapons bared. Next to him stood the biggest dog he had ever seen. Misa didn’t understand what was going on. He hadn’t even fully reached the top of the hill and already people had weapons out and looked like they wanted to kill him. He didn’t know how to fight. He didn’t know what was going on.

“Ummm…” he said hesitantly. “What is going on?” Absentmindedly, he took a few steps back from the guy and his dog. “I’m kinda new and have no idea what’s happening.” This was supposed to be a safe place, but Misa wasn’t so sure now.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:13 pm

"Oh, Sorry, if i scared you, But These Kampala Really Want You Dead... Can You Fight?" I Asked Slinging My Second Sword At Him, It Landed Hilt up on The Ground. I Pulled Out a Knife And Walked over To Him. "I'm Dylan, Dylan Hyde... Son Of Phantasos..." I Said Maneuvering Myself Between Him And The Newest Monster. It Moved Slowly At First, Only Two... Sadly I got Rid of one Already... I Sent Cratus To Go Over And Protect Misa, As I Maneuvered Forwards... "Drop Your Weapons, Or I Wont Be The One To Confront You.' The Snake like Voice Rang Over the Empty hill. I Dropped All Of My Weapons, And Was Bare, Even Armor... I Glanced Down At My Hand and A Throwing Knife Appeared... I sent It Flying into the Skull Of The Second Kampala... two Hell Hounds, And A Manticore Waltzed out of the trees.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 am

Misael was taken aback by the young man’s question. Seriously? Did he look like the kind of guy who could fight? He didn’t even know what they were facing. This whole world was foreign to him, something he had just now recently come into, and this guy wanted him to take up a dagger and just fight? He was absolutely insane, in Misa’s opinion.

However, when the monster came out into the open, Misael couldn’t help but curl his hands into fists. He felt that this creature’s presence here near camp was wrong, and that he should do whatever he could to fight off this attack. Misa watched as Dylan, who had introduced himself, threw a dagger straight at the monster, causing it to explode into dust. However, there was no rest for the weary as monsters that Misael somewhat recognized from his brief introduction to Greek mythology. There were two dogs that looked like Dylan’s pet, and there was a manticore.

Breathing heavy, Misael clenched and unclenched his fists. He wanted to fight, and he could feel the strategy forming in his head. If only he had a weapon, something to help him fight. He wasn’t necessarily good at anything fighting-like. He had taken a few archery classes at a camp growing up, but the full extent of his knowledge was just enough to fire the bow, not to actually aim or kill. Still, he had to do something.

Just as he thought that, Misael felt something appear in his hand. It was a token, on one side was an owl, on the other side was the profile of a woman who Misael didn’t know. Touch the owl. Press it. said a voice inside his head, so Misael did. Immediately, a bow sprung up in his hands with a matching quiver on his back. It was a solid bow, and he fit an arrow onto the string. “Please let this fly straight and true,” he whispered to whomever had given him the bow and then he shot, shooting arrow after arrow into the horde of monsters coming towards him.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I Dropped My Weapons On Cratus who stood between me and Misa... One Of The Hell Hounds Shadow Jumped closer to Campos.... I Didn't bother with him, i think that bow of his could Kill Him Before I Can. I Morphed into a Large Black Werewolf And Charged, upper Cutting the Hell hound, sending him through the wooded areas... I Jumped Towards the Manticore Attacking with speed. I raked his left side, and was almost shot in the foot. I went sideways and smashed into the tree. I Raced Back On All Fours, Jumping atop the beast and ripping off its tail.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Misael didn’t fully understand what was happening, but he wasn’t complaining. The dog like Dylan’s jumped closer to him, somehow teleporting and crossing space quickly. Without even thinking, Misael fired an arrow at the beast. He missed, not having take the time to aim properly. Still, the black dog was coming closer, meaning that Misa wouldn’t have time to fire but one more arrow before he would be fighting at close range. Then, the bow would be somewhat useless.

Firing, Misael prayed to the gods (because if he was a demigod then they existed, right?) To his surprise, the arrow flew true, striking the beast in the eye and sending it to the floor. Misa sucked in a breath of surprise as the beast burst into dust. He hadn’t even thought about where Dylan was. Searching, Misa found the demigod attacking a manticore. He didn’t trust himself to fire at such a small target, especially because it was so close to Dylan and Misa thought he would hit the demigod. Instead, Misa turned to the other hound who had been staring down Dylan’s dog. With a flourish, Misa had an arrow knocked and sent it flying at the beast. Maybe, if he didn’t kill it, he would at least scare it away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)   New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Arrival: Unclaimed (open to the first replier)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: