Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Portrayer or Face Claim Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Misael Campos

Portrayer or Face Claim Question Empty
PostSubject: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Is there a forum where everyone's face claims are posted, so I can know that I am not stealing someone's portrayer?
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Do you mean play-by? That's what we call it here.

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t5676-play-by-claim

There it is!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:09 am

Yup! People are really strict about their Play-Bys, though! So be warned!
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:36 am

haha i've been on sites where the staff keep a list of every claimed play-by and you have to check the list to make sure your desired play-by isn't claimed... this thread is a lot more relaxed than that.

though, i would suggest such a list. it makes life easy, and it keeps people from writing a character sheet with a certain play-by in mind, only to find out he/she is taken.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 am

Eeh. That would require very frequent updates. And it would be a really long list. This way is just easier, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 am

but what is easy is not necessarily what is beneficial :P

just a suggestion. i understand if you don't use it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:09 am

Well, the thing is, there are thousands of characters on CHB, and for an Admin to be in charge of constantly updating the list is just, well, not realistic. There would be a lot of people bugging the Admins about it, and it would give people another thing to be angry about. Currently, people who want to claim a Play-By can just make their own post, and make it as fancy as they want, and it's a cool thing. I see what you mean, though, by creating a list, but this site is extremely active, and someone being in charge of that list is just unrealistic. It was good thinking, though!
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:23 am

yeah one of the sites i am on is just as active as this site, and the staff is in charge of the list, like all of them, because it is a big job. Still, i know what you're saying, and I totally understand that it's a lot to undertake.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

The only problem is, Mods can't moderate the community section of CHB, so it would be up to, like, two Admins or something.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 am

ouch, well, if you ever restructure the site and your staff positions, keep this is mind because let me tell you it really does help a lot, even if it is a pain in the butt to update.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah! We can always consider it, and debate it and stuff when redoing things!
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:54 am

glad i could help :D
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 am

Wait, can we have a play-by of two characters, but only one person, as long as they have different looks? EX. User1 has a picture of ashley Greene. Same as User2, but Ashley Greene looks absolutely different from both pictures.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:00 am

Um . . . It depends on what the person who had the Play-By first decides.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:00 am

So, if user1 says yes, then they could be the same play-by for 1 person?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portrayer or Face Claim Question   Portrayer or Face Claim Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portrayer or Face Claim Question
Page 1 of 1