Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Guardian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Guardian Empty
PostSubject: The Guardian   The Guardian I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:37 am

My name is Jovan, and for legal reasons my last name is Smith. I have been sent from a place beyond, in order to act as a guardian. The one I am to be protecting is a boy named Jarrod Hart, who is a 16 year old student at the local high school. Until recently I have been somewhat of his guider, not fully there, but rather, as his intuition. However current events have caused me to take more drastic actions. I have been required to take on a body, and physically protect him from the harm he is encountering. The enemy has advanced greatly on him, and has become very close to succeeding in capturing him. I must always be ready for the time when I meet this enemy. I don't know what form it will take, but I will know when I see it. Until then, I must keep constant watch and must always be prepared.

It was a late hour, on a warm spring night. The street was wet, from the rain that had fallen earlier. The lights from the lamps were reflected in the puddles of water, giving the whole lane an eerie look. At the end of the street a figure appeared. It was a boy, about 17 years of age. He had short, jet black hair, and piercing black eyes, the color of coal. He was tall and lean, a giant of a boy. The boy moved down the street, his motions were fluid and smooth, almost surreal. He stopped abruptly in front of one house, and looked at it. He took a deep breath, and let the aroma fill himself. He smiled, deviously and then carried on down the street. I watched all of this from the shadows of the night, noting his every move and picking up on all of his reactions. I shrunk back even more when he passed me; fortunately, he overlooked me and continued. I watched as he arrived at the end of the street, and I watched as he disappeared into the darkness. I had seen enough for the night, I knew who I was up against, his guise was clever enough to trick the simple human minds, but I saw through it; I knew his intentions. What I did not yet know was how powerful he was, and his abilities. I withdrew from the shadows and walked into the light of the street. I quickly made my way down to the other end, and vanished from sight.

I was sitting at the desk in an old hotel room; beside me were a piece of paper and a pencil. I picked up the pencil and began to write.

Emmanuel,
My task here on Earth has begun. I have seen the enemy; however, I am still uncertain of his strength and talents, and what weapons he possesses. I realize that my time is short; the adversary has already progressed, and has picked up the scent. Reinforcements may be needed. I do not as of yet have the number of how many we are up against. I suspect that they are not as foolish as to only send one. Although that is all I have presently seen.
In Your Service,
Jovan, Guardian

After having finished the letter, I folded it neatly, closed it with the seal of my ring, and then sent it off. I watched as the letter disappeared in a wisp of smoke, and then it disappeared.

The next morning, I was up before the sun. I crammed everything I had into my small pack, and headed out into the woods behind the hotel. It was quiet and still, which was the way it should be. I set my pack on the forest floor, which was strewn with leaves. I began my daily ritual, meditation, training, and reflection. I could feel the presence of the forest around me, the power that surged through the trees became more perceptible. My breath drew in and went out with the same rhythm; steady and calm. I was then that I became aware that I was being watched, I turned around immediately, and there in front of me were two beings. Both of then towered over me, they had etched on their faces, expressions of seriousness. They were dressed in robes of pure white, with wings of silver, which were very similar to mine. I watched as they transformed into a more suitable form, and then they greeted me.
"Brother, it has been long since we have seen each other." One answered. I reached out, and embraced them.
"Come, we have much work to do, and very little time." I replied with urgency, "The enemy is moving fast, and we must act with swiftness and prowess, if we wish to win this battle."
I grabbed my pack and made haste, out of the forest, followed closely by my brothers. We headed into the city, and made our way to the place where we would find our foes, the fairgrounds. It was still early in the morning, so naturally it was empty. He found us first, or should I say, they. There were three of them in total; all of them were in their true forms. It was quite a sight, the blood red eyes, and pale white skin, which was covered in a scabby layer of blemish. The black wings, with stains of what appeared to be blood, were spread wide for show.

"I knew they would come, they never refuse to accept an opportunity to liberate one of them."
A voiced sneered from the shadows. I turned and watched as the figure stepped out of the darkness. I had seen him many times in his true form, yet it still made me cringe. He is truly demonic. His eyes were void of any realism, and his face frenzied and feral looking. His skin, scabby and flaking, He looked diseased and thoroughly unclean. His wings were ragged and tarnished with the impurities of all his deeds. He was Lucien, the most powerful, and leader, of all the Fallen. Before I could respond, my brothers behind me, both of whom had returned to form, struck out with a mighty force. I took the opportune distraction to also return to form. I faced the group of three, and blasted them with a shot of Bluefyre. They were all shot about 10 feet back, and landed in a heap, but they didn’t stay down for long. They returned several volleys of hell's fury. I released my shield and watched as the black flames licked around me and vanished into the darkness. I shot out another volley of the Bluefyre, immediately followed it with a blast of Holifyre. I watched as the yellow and blue flames engulfed the demons, and when it licked down to the ground, the demons were gone, forced back to where they came from. I stole into the shadows and entered the tent that was nearby. My eyes adjusted and I could see the figure of Davon. He was bleeding from the top of his head, and appeared to have many bruises covering his arms and face. He was comatose and sprawled out on the ground. I heard footsteps approach; I whipped around to face them. I saw my brothers, a look triumph emitted from their faces. They hurried over and dropped down around Jarrod. I pulled out my cell phone, and punched in the emergency number. After a brief exchange of few words I shut my phone and placed it in my back.

"The paramedics are on their way. Come brothers, our work here is done. He will be in good hands. But now, a spot waits for us in the place where we belong." I replied. Together we stood up, and we willed ourselves to the place beyond. I took one last look at Jarrod, "I will be back soon" I said out loud. That was the last thing I said before I found myself returned to my real home.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/

The Guardian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: