Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Tethys' Characters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tethys
Experienced Poster

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 pm

CANDICE FROST CABIN LEADER OF KHIONE
b. December 31st, 1996

Mortal Family:
Father ~ Brendan Frost
Sister ~ Jordan Hale (Deceased)

Years in Camp:

Brief History:
A man, around 30 by the looks of it, stood in his backyard. It was early winter, but there was already snow blanketing the ground, with more flakes drifting down. He trudged forward through the snow, with frozen winds whipping his face. It was bearable, though, for snow and cold came every winter. In fact, it may have been considered pleasant by the man; for the snow reminded him of someone he once knew.

There was a simple reason why he was stepping through the deep snow - there were babies. Just casually sitting outdoors as the harsh winter winds whipped around them. They wore little pale blue dresses, that didn't look very warm. It worried the man sick. They had to be frostbitten, sitting there in the freezing cold. How did they get there? Are they even still alive? Who's are they? Too many questions swam through his mind, but not enough answers.

They looked similar, so they may have been twins. One of them had odd, brown hair that seemed to have a silver glint. The other one had dusty brown hair, that looked a bit gray. Their hair was up in 2 pairs of short pigtails, all of them consisting of curls. They were both a ghostly pale, with sharp, ice blue eyes.

Something clicked in the man's brain. These were his children. It was a thought, but he had to be sure first. He scooped each one up in an arm. The girl with the dustier hair giggled, clearly not bothered by the cold. He smiled, and observed this one closer. Her clear blue eyes matched her twin's, but resembled someone else's eyes, too. If these were somehow his own babies, he could see where they got the curly hair, and freckles in one of the girl's case, from. The paleness and silver glint must have been inherited from thier mother. He didn't want to believe these were his, but there was no denying the truth. Their clear resistance to cold confirmed it.

At first he was overjoyed, for the obvious reason - he was a father! But the joy faded as quickly as it came, replaced by worry. Was he insane? He couldn't afford to have 2 children! It would be costly, and a struggle to take care of them. He was already getting paid little at his current job, and kids wouldn't make the situation easier. Of course, he loved them already, he would keep both if he had the choice. But his rational side took over, and he knew he had to give one of them up. He looked at the larger one, who seemed to try to be looking away shyly. His eyes filled with pain, but he needed to do this before he became too attatched. Suddenly, he thought, Jordan. And the other one would be Candice. He would put the one, who was now named Jordan, up for adoption.

He was worried, still. He knew there were risks involved, that had nothing to do with money. He knew that he was holding 2 demigods.

xXxXx

The 8 year old girl squinted her eyes under the intense sunlight. "Argh! It's too hot, I'm going to melt like an ice cube!"

She dashed to the comforting shade of a tree, he giggling friend following. "Why do you always want to play outside, Meg? There's a lotta stuff to do inside!" she protested.

"Why don't you ever want to play outside? C'mon! Let's race bikes down to... the end of the street!"

Before Candice could react, her friend Megan had hopped on her pink bike, and rapidly pedalled toward the direction she had pointed to moments earlier. Instead of complaining, she swiftly sat atop her bike, and tried to catch up the her friend. Dad didn't allow her to go all the way to the end of the street, but he didn't let her do a lot of other things, too! It was no big deal!

Megan was still pretty far ahead, but Candice was catching up. She bit her lip, and pedalled faster. Megan, realizing her friend had started to catch up, frantically tried to move quicker, but instead her foot hit the petal at an awkward angle. The bike swerved a bit, before collapsing on top of her.

"Oh my gosh! Megan!"

Candice raced toward her friend, who was lying in a heap in the middle of the road. She stopped dead in her tracks as something slid toward her defenseless friend. There was no way to decribe it besides creepy. It was pitch black, with a fat seal's body, and the head of a dog. It had a deformed looking fusion of seal and human hands, and pointed teeth that were preparing to sink themselves into Megan.

"DOG! RABIES* DOG! Wahhh" She started screaming for help, in a shaky voice.

"It's... a seal." was all she could say. The only thing on her mind was saving her friend. A surge of energy hit her, and she confidently charged toward the seal thing, that was clumsily trying to catch this escaping piece of prey.

"That's not funny! N-not a seal... Big dog..." she whimpered, clearly afraid. Candice knew what a seal looked like, and it looked like that creatures body. How wasn't it a seal?

Her mindless charge finally ended as she shoved the creature aside, with as much force as a small 8 year old could muster. It backed up a few feet, more from being startled than being forced in the direction. It looked ready to go for the new target, when it froze in place. Literally, with frost creeping up it's body. Candice watched in confusion and shock, as Megan saw this as a chance to dash back to her friend's house.

Suddenly, everything was silent. The animal was frozen in the burning July sunlight, and not a single bird chirped. Suddenly, a teen with thickly furred legs dashed out from a cluster of trees in surprise, but Candice was too tired to be surprised. A wave of exhaustion hit her, and her consciousness slipped away.

xXxXx

"Hey." Said Jordan, in her usual, boring voice. Candice looked away, partially 'cause she was fuming over the fact that Jordan, and not herself, had become cabin leader, and partially because it was kind of awkward 'cause even though they were twins, they barely knew eachother. They were seperated at birth, and when Jordan arrived at camp 4 years ago, 2 years after Candice had arrived, they never bothered bonding.

She blew a long brown bang out of her face, and crossed her arms stubbornly, refusing to answer. The new cabin leader just shrugged at Candice's childish attitude, and walked out of the cabin's door.

She continued silently fuming atop her bed. There was absolutely no reason her sister became cabin leader! Why would everyone vote for her and not Candice? Well, then. They're all clearly dumb. Jordan is the least bit likable, while she assumed that everyone thought she was awesome. But seriously, Candice had been here longer, making her the more experienced one, and therefore better choice as cabin leader. How Jordan got picked as cabin leader was a total mystery to her.

Unsure of what to do, she swiped out her DSi, which she probably wasn't supposed to have at Camp Half-Blood, (like she cared) and started absentmindedly training her pokémon. As virtual flames engulfed her virtual opponent, she bitterly wished that Jordan would burn up like that. Candice had been at camp, like, a lot longer than Jordan, and she had been working to become cabin leader all these years. (fine, Candice didn't really know they would build a Khione cabin)

A picture of Jordan burning to her death in flames stuck in Candice's mind, and a crazy grin appeared on her face. Maybe she could get rid of Jordan. For good. Her mind started to form a plan to murder her sister. The best way to kill her was to surprise her. She won't have to react, and she'll be gone! Ha! A triumphant smile appeared on her face, and she pulled her dagger out. Her twisted mind could already picture what it would be like - dark red blood pouring out of a fatal wound. She stared at her dagger, picturing the blood dripping down from it. No one really liked Jordan, anyway.

No one would have to know, so there would be nothing to feel guilty about if Candice 'knew' that she was killed by a monster. She would just pretend to be all sad and stuff. It would be just like killing a Greek monster, maybe even easier.

A wave of strength hit her, and she left the cabin to find Jordan, with a murderous glint in her eyes.

xXxXx

I'm not going into detail... But she murders her sister and blames a hellhound, since she found Jordan near the border...

Personality & Appearance:
Candice is 5"6', with most of her dusty brown hair of it in a messy ponytail, and the rest of her wavy hair dangling down the sides of her face. She has clear blue eyes, that radiate confidence. Her skin is very pale, almost mimicking the color of snow. No matter what the weather, temperature, or season, you'll usually see her wearing a t-short with jean shorts. Because she's pretty active, you'll almost always find her in athletic sneakers. She's also on the thinner side. Which is a bit surprising bacause she's eats a lot.

Candice is pretty much an open book, blurting things out carelessly. In fact, a few times she got close to revealing the truth about that little 'incident' a few monthes ago. She makes it obvious how she feels, and tends to be selfish; having virtually no respect for others, and wanting things to happen in her way. So, she complains frequently. If things don't go her way, she'll try to fix it herself. Candice is the confident type, and loves competition, although she'll get pretty annoyed if she loses. She can care less about the little things in life, so if she loses a game or something of that sort, she'll get over it after a few hours. She is protective of the ones close to her, but can care less about anyone else. She hates to be pressured to do something, so she'd rather do something alone, or make someone else do it. Candice judges people quickly, but if someone's nice to her, she'll keep any negative thoughts about them to herself, and maybe, just maybe, even be nice back.

Fatal Flaw: She's selfish, has anger issues, weak under pressure, and can act rashly.

Talents:

Demigod Powers: She has permanent resistance to cold, the ability to freeze things for 2-4 hours, (although after doing this, she's need to rest for hours, up to even a day depending on the size of the object) and she can freeze about as much water as can fill up a large bottle of soda without getting too tired.

Normal Talents: She's a speedy runner, an awesome hula hooper, a master pegasus rider, a pretty good actress, and she skilled with a dagger.

Weapons: An old celestial bronze dagger from camp. Of course, her sister was the one who got the cool** sword that made the opponent's temperature drop on contact.

Year-Round or Summer: Year-Round

Other: I'm putting a lot into this, so tell me if there's a problem! Does she seem too overpowered? I thought it would be fine because the freezing thing she does forces her to rest for almost a full day. The freezing water thing doesn't sound too big, so she won't get very tired if she only freezes the amount mentioned. If you're confused about part of it, please ask 'cause I'm trying to add as much as possible. Is the format for the history okay? I wanted to expand on it as much as possible, so I gave a little story on most of trhe major events in her life. And if the part with her dad sounds weird, don't blame me 'cause I'm not a father. xD Sorry if there are any spelling errors, I'm using Internet Explorer, so I don't have a spellchecker. I WISH I HAD FIREFOX ON THIS COMPUTER. D: It was fun making a, er, insane character. Yup, she's totally insane.

*She's only 8, so she doesn't know it's rabid dog, not rabies dog. xD
**No pun intended.

Last edited by tεthys on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 pm

O_o That history is not brief.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
tethys
Experienced Poster

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 pm

It doesn't hurt to add a little more, right? :D
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 pm

It's great! It's just reeeaaallllyyy long. xD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 pm

So, is she accepted...? xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh, she needs accepting? xD

Well then yeah! Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 am

Oh man, you know me in person Tethys? No? Could've fooled me. *shrugs* I mean, athletic? Pony tail? Bluntness and such? Man, you know me that much?! Maybe not the murder part... Complains, wavy hair, so on, i would've think you'ved stalked me before. Awkward laugh here...OMG! The name! The Name! I cant get over the fact of the NAME! *squeals*
^^likes her name and your charrie's name too. :)
Back to top Go down

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:29 am

I DIB HER FOR FIRST RP WITH CASS. :3
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:00 pm

xD Sure. I actually based her appearance off of the female hero in Pokémon Black/White, and named her after another character in pokémon. But, I'm still stalking you. :D
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am

Kewl. I feel both flattered...and creeped out. >.>
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Tethys' Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tethys' Characters   Tethys' Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Ugh, I have no idea where I'm going with her, so I'm just gonna post the base for now. o3o

DAUGHTER OF HADES
b. August 2nd, 1998

Mortal Family:

Years in Camp:

Brief History:

Personality & Appearance:

Fatal Flaw:

Talents:

Demigod Powers:

Normal Talents:

Weapons:

Year-Round or Summer: