Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:27 am

Ava walked along the side of the creek, contemplating the 3 months she had been at camp. It was all so new for her, but it had definitely been fun. Sword fighting, archery, it was an exciting life for a 13 year old girl. But it was lacking. Hakuro was a fun person to be around, but one needed more than a single friend in their life.

She sat down on the edge of the creek, gazing at a picture of her mother, taken at a Church several years ago while drinking from a bottle of wine she had sneaked out earlier that day.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 am

”’Cause Maybe, You’re Gonna Be the One That Saves Me"

Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) RasmusLedin t
||r||a||v||i||s||||n||o||v||a||l||e

Mr. tall, mysterious and Poseidon’s child
-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Travis was already there when he spotted her. A younger girl, for about two years, sitting on the stream bed of the Zephyros Creek, holding a pitcure in hand. Having been there for quite some time now, he managed to close his eyes before hearing her enter his line of hearing. But, at least, it was not monster to fight, much to his disappointment. But it didn't mean he wanteed to fight. He just wanted to...have a reason to be here, and not act so much as a waste of space.

Gripping the trunk of the tree he was on, Travis shook off different particles off his white shirt and swung his feet off the branch so that only his butt and upper body held on to the branch. "Lovely weather we're having?" he asked her, with curiosity in those pretty blue orbs of his.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:52 am

"Wha- Where did you come from?" Ava exclaimed, quickly stuffing the picture back into her jeans pocket. She realised that she still had the wine bottle in her hand and quickly dropped that as well and threw a fist towards his face, utilising the training she had received.

She was slightly drunk, but that didn't stop her from trying to hit the stranger in the face. If anything, she was fuelled by it. It resulted, however, in her missing the face and hitting the tree instead, which resulted in her sobering up quickly. She held her fist in her hand, looking grumpily towards the stranger, expecting him to laugh at her or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Now now little one.' Travis said, as he found her drunkness amusing. "We don't want any violence do we." he cooed to her with an odd chuckle. He smiled at her, leaning to the left fast to avoid collision, and found the sickening pound on the tree amusing. "Sorry." he apologized, as he stood up and wadded into the water. He grabbed her hand, and the water did it's works and healed the forming bruise.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:34 am

"How..How did you do that?" Ava asked the random. Of course, the answer should have been obvious, but the whole combination of drunkenness, punching a tree and being healed by water had slowed her thinking a little. It didn't help that she was thinking about her mother as well.
"I...I'm sorry for attacking you." she told him.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:09 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Travis smiled at the girl, his white teeth shown out. The sunlight bounced off his dark hair, making it shimmer and shiny. "Poseidon's kid here." he chuckled at the girl. She was very much...amusing to him someway. Maybe it was because she was drunk, and in a sense, he was taking the advantage. In humor of course, not in the, eew, creepy way. "It's alright. I'm Travis. You?" he composed simple sentences off the words, and it flowed smoothly from his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 am

"My uh..My names Avalon, but most people call me Ava." Ava mumbled to Travis. She really needed another drink, most of this was a tad much for her, especially only after the short time she had been at camp. She realised that he was holding her hand and her face immediately turned bright red. "Do you mind letting go?" she asked Travis, the image of her mother springing to mind as tears began to form in her eyes again.

Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Travis looked down, and saw his hand involuntarily held hers too. With a quick move, Travis let it go without much of commotion as her blush. "Sorry. Carried away." he chuckled, relieved that she didn't call him perverted or something. But as he saw her eyes, eyes that were unfamiliar to him tearing up- or was about to, he tone down the cockiness and his face was worried. "Hey, are you...uhm...okay?" he awkwardly asked, knowing that she was not okay. Who was crying who was okay?!
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 am

Ava lifted up and inspected her hand, saying to Travis: "Yeah, I'm...It's fine." She looked up at him with her teary eyes, suddenly noticing his short, black hair and blue eyes, a combination that was fairly uncommon but blue eyes was only to be expected from a child of Poseidon. His hair was probably dyed anyway. Thinking about parents, she remembered the first time she met her father, Dionysus. It hadn't really ended well, but it still brought a smile to her face.

She then suddenly remembered one of the many people to 'help' her on the way to Manhattan, someone who was very similar to the boy next to her right now, and the lesson she had learnt from that encounter. Quickly standing up, she told Travis "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I have to go...grow grapes and...practice sword fighting" and began to walk away quickly. Which probably wasn't the best idea, considering that she immediately slipped on a rock and landed in the creek.

Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Travis refused, as much as he wanted to, to giggle in the girlish manner he knew was both not possible, since he was no girl, and because he knew that it was better to shut up. Admist a girl, he knew two things. It's that girls are more sensitive and that they aren't like him. Emotionless to the real pains of life. And that they could kick your butt in moments notice. wait, make that three. "Hey, don't go so fast." he said, in a tone of worry. He held out his hand to her, twice today, and shifted his face into the other direction, knowing they, girls, don't want to let anyone see them in their weakest. Who knew, but they themselves, that girls were this complicated?

"C'mon Ava." he led her to the creek bed, making her sit down and rest after she picked herself up. "why don't you tell me why you're in such hurry eh?" Travis raised his black eyebrow in a concerned way. Yeah, he could be this. A gentleman. But as long as you don't treat him as dirt, he wouldn't be a real jerk to you.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 am

At this point, Ava had gone into shock slightly, mostly from how stupidly cold the water was at that point. This led to her letting her guard down slightly, which led to her revealing at least three things she would never reveal under normal circumstances.
"I..It's because on the way here...." she stuttered out, before suddenly bursting into tears.
A slightly rational part of her wondered how Travis would see her, as a pathetic, weak girl or something else? Because that was really how she felt right then and there.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:50 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Shh. It's okay." Travis cooed. Her squishy clothes made his get wet and then did he realize that she was cold. Travis silently controled the water, making it seep out of her clothes, but unfortunately, he couldn't do it on his shirt. But nevermind him. "Look at me." Travis said, his blue eyes peircing. He held her steadily in his arms and very much thought of nothing else but to help. "Just tell me. I won't tell it to anyone. Promise." he said to help her in her words. C'mon. Let me help, Travis saild silently to herself.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 am

Ava made up her mind. It didn't matter if he reminded her of people and things that she would rather forget, she had to talk about it to someone. "Well...A lot of people helped me on the way here you see, but even more tried to...take advantage of my situation. One of those people...he was like you." That wasn't all she had to talk about, but it was all she was willing to share at that point. It was surprising that she had the confidence to talk to Travis about it, but he seemed like a nice person. And it was unlikely that her father was going to let anything happen, especially inside the Camp.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"There there." travis said, slowly patting her head in a familiar brotherly way. Maybe it's because she was kind of...well...surprising, that he felt a little bit protective about her all of the sudden. He knew, pushing her too much would cause another wave of tears and sobs exchange, so he just hummed a bit. And later, he didn't help, but to sing a song. "When everything feels like a movie, yeah you bleed to know you're alive." he muttered, singing a line of Iris. Travis looked up, to the sky, as she picked herself up, and smiled. "You know, there's a bright sky." he spoke out randomly.

Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 am

"A bright sky, and every star is a light." Ava said in response. "You're the first person I've told about that you know." She pulled out a small bronze knife from a pocket and observed its edge, marvelling how sharp it was. "And you know Travis, I actually can't help but wonder why you're out here. Care to explain?" she called out. Her former surprise, sadness and shock were gone somehow. On the other hand, she was still drunk, so that might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:46 am

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Travis sighed. Sudden mood swings of this girl was pretty...undescribable. Yeah, that's it. "Well, I'm honoured I guess." he chuckled mildly, as he still gazed up the dark, evening sky. He lowered his head down, as she took out the weapon, and wondered if she was even capable of handling such weapon amidst the influence of alcohol. "Well, I guess because no one ever does come by here." Travis admitted, as he looked at the tree he sat on. "And I guess I needed some time alone." he told her with a smile. "You?" he asked, still grinning, but with an eyebrow arched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)   Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting at the Creek (Private - Death)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: