Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Yes! It's empty! (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lyricgeek

lyricgeek

Yes! It's empty! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Spoiler:

I poked my head out of my cabin thoughtfully, careful not to wake the others as I slipped through the crack I had managed to make before closing the door. The sun was just rising although I felt as energetic as ever as I grabbed my camera and snapped a photo of the pink light that lined the horizon before sprinting across camp.

The amphitheater was silent and the big door opened up with a creak. Stepping inside, I checked that no one was there before skipping over to the big stage. Leaning my guitar in my lap, I smiled- the words coming out of my mouth in a soft and elegent melody as I plucked the strings of the guitar.

"I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us,
How we met and the sparks flew instantly;
And people would say they're the lucky ones..
I used to know my place was a spot next to you,
Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat;
Coz lately I dont even know what page your on"

The words of the song, The Story of Us by Taylor Swift, came to me instantly- just one of the hundreds of songs I had memerised. The same smile from before still glued on my face, I continued singing. I had never really been a morning person but it was the only time I could practice without being watched or critisised by others and when my shyness wouldn't get the best of me.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 am

Mia Baker ][ Daughter of Apollo ][ 16

Spoiler:
I walked into the Amphitheater, ready to sing. As I approached, I heard singing. I recognized the song too. I walked in quietly, making sure she didn't see me. Then I began to sing to her soft melody.

"Oh, a simple complication miss-communications leads to fall out
So many things I wish you knew so many walls up I can't break through
Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking..."

I drifted off, unsure if I was intruding or not. Apollo kid, I immediately thought.
Back to top Go down
lyricgeek

lyricgeek

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 am

I nearly fell out of my chair as I heard singing behind me, so intranced in the song that I hadn't even heard the girl come in. Ok, I was really not cut out for camp if I was scared of a girl.

She was great at singing though, a natural talent and from what I had learnt about demigods of Apollo was that we were all talented at something musical- I had once thought of it as a cheated talent but it was how I was born I suppposed, just like famous singers were born with their talent at singing too.

I listened to her sing the words thoughtfully, surprised that I hadn't shyed away from her yet, or even ran out of the room scared silly. It was wierd...Knowing that this girl was probably my half sister, it was strangely reassuring and I soon felt myself singing the chorus with her.

"Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room,
And we're not speaking;
And I'm dieing to know,
Is it killing you like it's killing me, yeah?
I dont know what to say,
since the twist of fate when it all broke down;
and the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.."
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I smiled, that she started to sing. I sang the last line of the chorus;

"Next Chapter," with a laugh at the end.

I examined her, noting that she was a little older than me. Her guitar was an amazing instrument, and I was extremely tempted to ask if I could play it. "I'm Mia, daughter of Apollo," I said after a few moments of uncomfortable silence.
Back to top Go down
lyricgeek

lyricgeek

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm

"Alex-alexandra, Daught of Ap-apollo" I replied, my shyness returning to haunt me. "You-you're very go-good at singing" I smiled, trying to break the awkward silence that had entered the room.

For some reason, knowing that this was my sibling- someone I had never thought I'd ever have, I wasn't so afraid to talk or speak infront of her. She seemed quite nice and I wondered if we could be friends, I was getting quite lonely anyway and it was very rare for me to not be...shy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 am

"Well, hello sister," I said with a slight edge of laughter in my voice. "You're pretty good too," I said back. The girl seemed nice, and I was hoping for us to be friends. "That's an amazing instrument," I told Alexandra, admiring her guitar. She seemed a little uncomfortable, so I started to sing again.

"I'm so glad, you made time to see me. How's life, tell me how's your family. I haven't seen them in awhile. You've been good, busier than ever."

Back to December. The song made me very emotional, and I smiled at that.
Back to top Go down
lyricgeek

lyricgeek

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:15 am

"Thanks, my mu-mum gave it t-to me wh-when I was li-litte" I replied, eyes admiring the guitar just like her. It had been Christmas when I had gotten it, the day mum had told me all about Camp Half Blood and shared the tiniest bit about my father which was a very rare occasion for her. I had been so excited when I had fumbled with the wrapping- the present's shape an obvious give away but I was still shocked when I saw the guitar. I could remember the feeling of being loved and having someone to care for you like it happened just yesterday- it was amazing and for the first time I had felt like I really belonged somewhere, like I really had a family.

Her singing snapped me out of my thoughts and I instantly recognised the song- my hands stroking the guitar strings delicately. I was relieved to not have to talk although some part of me was curious and anxious to find out more about my half sister- like who her family was, when she got to camp, that kind of stuff that people ask when trying to make small talk with someone.

"We small talk, work and the weather
Your guard is up, and I know why
Because the last time you saw me
Is still burned in the back of your mind
You gave me roses, and I left them there to die"

I sang it with her softly, my voice faint and small compared to hers'. I wondered if all children of Apollo were good at singing and my pride of my talent soon began to fade. I was probably nothing compared to the other Apollo kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes! It's empty! (Open)   Yes! It's empty! (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes! It's empty! (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: