Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lost (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:24 am

Please, Daddy... If your there... Can I have a new friend? And... How come I can't do nothing special, like my brothers and sisters? And... Why can't I meet you, Daddy?

I'm no one special.

*~•~*

Jimmy Lance loved camp. The boy had seen the Pegasi, the arena (though he hadn't had any lessons yet), he'd met his brothers and sisters, and he got to stay up late. The only thing that made him unhappy was that John was gone, off to find more demigods.

It was about 6 o'clock. J.J. was building a sandcastle on the beach. There were a few people coming and going, but other than that, the boy was alone. His sand castle was a pile of sand, shaped like a cylinder, but with little bumps and hand prints on the side, where Jimmy had been patting it. It had a shallow moat around it, and he had put little shells around the sides.

To J.J., it was art.

He looked for the sun on the horizon, water lapping at his feet, but he couldn't find it. He was facing the Atlantic, the East of America. It set in the West. But the boy forgot that. He figured it would be behind some clouds, or something.

Suddenly, small voices entered Jimmy's head. High-pitched, minuscule voices. At least twelve of them. They hard to understand, but it sounded as if they were arguing. They went away after a few seconds.

J.J. went back to his dramatic looking. A wave came in. It was larger than the rest, and it soaked J.J.. He didn't care, but, he did care that his sandcastle was now a pile of shells and wet sand.

"Awwwww!" he said, before standing up. He walked over towards the dunes. Luckily, he wasn't wearing his denim shorts, just a pair of board shorts, so there wasn't any chaffing. They were plain green, with white thread around the bottom and the pockets. On his feet, he wore nothing. The six year-old didn't like shoes. He wore a yellow t-shirt, with the Axel company logo on it - a triangle, with the left side thicker than other two sides - in green. His shirt was a gift from John. Another gift from the Satyr, a celestial bronze knife, hung on his side, because John had said always to wear it.

As he reached the part where sand became grass, the voices came into his head again, still arguing.

What did I say about coming over here alone, Mickey?! The birds can see you!

But I wanna play!

A loud birdcall ripped through - what was to everyone else - the silence. A blur of grey swooped down, into the long grass around two metres in front of Jimmy. It came back up, just as fast, but this time with something pure white.

A high-pitched cry, joined the birdcall. The cry wasn't of terror, but of sadness.

"Who's there?" J.J. asked the night.

There was no reply, but the cry started to travel away, towards a bunch of trees J.J. couldn't see properly in the gathering darkness.

"Wait!" the boy cried. He sprinted off, following the noise, not paying attention to his surroundings.

Then he dropped down a hole. Not a Alice in Wonderland hole, with clocks falling with him, a hole, with dirt.

"OW!"

Jimmy stood up, rubbing his leg. He looked around. Everything was black, except for a faint light coming from the sky. He saw the silhouette of leaves above him. He wasn't in a hole, he was in a pit. J.J. shivered.

He realized where he probably was - The forest, where he had been told not to go in unless properly armed. They told him there were monsters in the forest. All the boy had was a knife.

A conch shell sounded in the distance. "Dinner..." he whispered. Tears started to form in his bright blue eyes.

J.J. sat down, and, what he saw through the darkness, was a mouse. Pure white, like the thing he had seen being taken off by the bird. Blue eyes looked into black.

"Hi..." Jimmy said to the mouse, a single tear slowly sliding down his cheek.

Hi, a voice sounded in J.J.'s head. It sounded tearful, like J.J.'s own. I am Mickey.

"You can talk!"

The mouse looked at him quizzically, I've always talked. Maybe you can just understand me?

J.J.'s eyes lit up. "Daddy! My big sister told me mice are sacred to Daddy! Maybe that's why I can talk to you! But... Then how come my brothers and sisters can't talk to mice...?"

Mice are sacred to your Dad? Is your father Apollo?

"Yes!"

Mama told me about Lord Apollo!

The mouse's voice went quieter. Mama...

"Mama...? Oh..." Jimmy understood now. His mother was the flash of white that he had seen with the other flash of grey. She was a meal. "You should live with me! We can be... Friends!"

The mouse perked up. Yes, Please!

J.J. clapped his hands together. "Yay! But... How can we get out?"

And then the mouse and boy cried together. The boy because he was afraid of the dark, the mouse for his mother. They cried for twenty minutes. Two kids, lost in the forest.

[Insert Dramatic Music Here]

Jimmy thought as he cried. Of John, of the Camp he had just begun to love, and of his new-found family. He remembered how his step-sister had told him all about his father.

She had said that sometimes, if you prayed, your parent might answer. And not always with words - with actions.

Jimmy closed his eyes, and tried to stop crying. He tried to imagine his Dad, who he had never met. He imagined a normal Dad, with blond hair, and bright blue eyes. He imagined coming home from his school, and, instead of being hit, he was hugged. The father he never had.

Lost (Open) LetterThing

J.J. imagined folding his letter up, before writing his fathers imaginary address on it (Daddy, Daddy's Howse, Olimpus, The Sky 9087) and putting a stamp with a crayon-drawing of himself, Apollo, his mother, and Mickey on it, and then giving it to a flying mouse to take to Apollo.

He clapped his hands together, as he imagined the sun, the thing his father was god of, shining through the trees. And that is almost what happened. A small ball of light, the size of a golf ball, floated in the air by Jimmy.

"Light! Yay! It looks like the sun!"

How did that get there?

"I dunno, but I like it! Do you think I made it?"

Maybe... Try to move it!

"'kay..."

J.J. looked at the miniature sun, and imagined it rising a little, and coming closer to him. And that's what happened. The six year-old and mouse both covered they're eyes as the mini sun glowed in they're faces. It was, to Jimmy, beautiful.

"Mickey, do you think people will see it if I try to make it go up?"

The Mouse did the closest thing he could to a nod, and then replied in his squeaky voice, I think you should try.

"Yay!" Jimmy clapped his hands together. He imagined the little ball rising, up to two metres above the canopy. And that's what it did.

Suddenly, he was tired. He held Mickey close to him, breathing heavily.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 am

Mia Baker

Spoiler:

I was taking a stroll in the forest, thinking, and singing to myself. I ignored dinner, because I needed a thinking walk. I then came upon something quite peculiar. A small ball of light, that shone like the sun, appeared in front of me. I knew deep inside what this meant. I followed it hoping for it to lead me some where in dire need of help.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 am

Jimmy's light extinguished. For a moment, he was in darkness again. But then he saw a silhouette of a girl, definitely older than him, at the top of the ditch he'd fallen into. Though tired, he managed a small, faint light. He recognized the girl - she was one of his sisters. He hadn't met her properly, but had seen her at dinner and in the cabin. 

"Hello?" J.J. whispered up at the girl. Mickey spoke in Jimmy's mind, Who's she?

"I think she's my big sister," he replied to the Mouse, "I think she can help us!"

The mouse did what Jimmy thought was a nod, and disappeared into his shirt. Jimmy could feel the mouse's warm heartbeat against his chest. 

The light Jimmy had made was beginning to fade. The boy was already tired and exhausted when he made it, and his most recent light was only making him more so. It was only a little time before the light went out altogether. Hopefully he would be out by then.  
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:04 am

I was led to a pit, where I found a little boy at the bottom of.
"Oh gods!," I muttered to myself.
I believed he was my brother, but I had never properly met him.
"Hey, buddy! Are you okay? Are you hurt?," I asked.
He seemed around the age of six or seven. He had to get out of that pit. I began thinking a million miles an hour, trying to find a way to get him out safe. A rope? Maybe, but it would be quite hard to get a young boy out of a pit that deep. He probably wouldn't be able to tie the rope around himself anyway, and if I were to do it, I would need someone else to help me. The conch shell had already been blown, so that meant that everyone was at dinner. Great, this was going to be easy, I thought to myself.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 am

Jimmy grinned from ear to ear. Holding out his hands to show what he was saying was true, he said, "I'm J.J., and no, I'm not hurt! I think Daddy helped me, cuz I wrote him a letter and I said please!"

Apollo may not have been helping Jimmy, or he may have, but it made the boy feel a lot better to think it was true. Plus, he'd discovered he did have powers, after all. And pretty cool ones, too. 

"Can you please help get me and Mickey out?" 
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:06 pm

"Im going to try J.J, I'm going to try," I said.
At this point, the rope didn't seem like a bad idea.
"J.J, do you know how to tie really tight knots?," I asked him.
This was a stupid question, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I looked around for a rope, or someone to help, but to no avail. But then, I spotted something peeking out of the bushes. I got up, and was very surprised to see a rope. A long one at that.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 pm

The six year-old nodded. "Yeah! Well... Kinda... I can tie my shoelaces. I can tie my shoelaces around my waist!"

Jimmy giggled.

He watched the girl walk over to a bush, and pull out a rope. "Yay! Now I can tie my waist-shoe-laces!" he said, but then his light went out, and whimpered.

Trying to stay happy, he asked curiously, "What's your name? And who's your magic-parent?"
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:17 pm

"J.J, you're gong to have to do tie the shoelace knot a few times around yourself," I told the little boy.
I watched as the light went out, and he whimpered. "Don't worry, I'm here now J.J!"
He asked me a question, and I responded, "I'm Mia, and my dad is Apollo."
I smiled, trying to keep him distracted. I tied a few knots near the bottom of the rope, so he has something to hold on to. I tied the top of the rope around myself, so I could easily pull him up. I dropped the rope down to J.J, and started with the instructions.
"Okay, J.J I need you to listen carefully. You need to wrap the rope around yourself, and tie the tightest knot you can. Then, hold on to the rope, where I made those two knots. Hold on really tight, just in case your knot doesn't hold, okay?," I said.
I found a root that I could hook my feet on to, and peered into the pit.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 pm

J.J. tried to catch the rope thrown down to him, but missed. It fell to the ground with a low thump

Mickey poked his head out of Jimmy's green t-shirt, and crawled up onto his shoulder. Try not to throw me off, he whispered in J.J.'s mind. 

"Why would I want to? We're friends!" was the reply he got. 

Mouse on his shoulder, Jimmy picked up the rope, and wrapped it around his waste once, before tying his giant shoelace. "Two little snakeys, playing at the park. Rolly-Poley, run! Around the tunnel, run!" he breathed. His tying shoelaces rhyme was different to everyone else's because his mother had forgotten the normal one, so she made up her own version of the rhyme for J.J.. 

Once J.J. was complete tying his shoelace (in a double-knot), he called up to his older half-sister, "I'm ready, Mia!"

He held on to his two knots as tight as his six year-old self was able to. Mickey held on to his shirt has tight has his mouse-self was able to. 
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:11 am

I watched as J.J. did what he was told. He told me he was ready, and I started to get ready. I hooked my feet in the root, and was ready to pull him up.
"Okay, J.J, I'm going to pull you up!," I yelled to my half brother.
I started to pull the rope, and found that J.J. wasn't even that heavy. Well what did you expect Mia? For him to weigh a hundred pounds?, I rolled my eyes, and continued to pull. My hands were starting to hurt, and the rope wasn't exactly comfortable. The root was holding pretty well, and I was happy, because if it were to give out, I would go into that pit with J.J.
"J.J, how are you doing? Are you okay so far?," I asked with struggle in my voice.
I learned that you needed to keep kids a little distracted in situations like this. Pulling slow, I didn't want to knock him against the wall of the pit. Cuts were starting to form on my hands, and I couldn't wait to finish pulling him up. Just when I figured the rope wouldn't hurt anymore, a big gash formed on my palm. I yelped out in slight pain, but to my horror, I let go of the rope. Thank the gods, I grabbed it back before it could go far.
"J.J, I'm sorry are you okay?," I asked with fear in my voice.
I kept pulling, and I realized it was starting to get dark.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 am

J.J. gladly closed his eyes as he was lifted up. He stayed silent, not wanting to look. "Arrgghh!" he let out a high pitched yell as he was dropped, and Mickey nearly fell off his shoulder, but Jimmy stopped him falling just before he could properly fall.

"I'm okay..." he replied to Mia, but his voice was shaky.

He began to move up more. Then he was right at the top, and he gladly scurried over to his half-sister. He hugged her, glad to be out of the pit. "Thank you..." he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 am

I finally pulled him out of the pit, and I now realized my hands were pretty dirty. He ran over to me, and hugged me. I could almost hear the imaginary audience in my head go, Awww...
I hugged J.J. back, glad that my little brother was out of the pit. My hands were still bloody, so I wiped them on my jeans. I untied J.J's rope, and then untied mine.
I got down on one knee, staying eye level to him, and said, "J.J, you're very welcome." I hugged him again.
I picked up his hands, to see if he had any cuts. To my surprise, he had none.
"Hmm, no cuts. That's good," I muttered.
Then, a mouse came and climbed on J.J's shoulder.
Well, hello mouse, I said in my mind.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:55 am

Hello, speaking in the minds of both J.J. and Mia. 

"Wait... YOU CAN TALK TO MICKEY, TOO?!" Jimmy asked excitedly, jumping up and down. "THIS IS AWESOME! MICKEY IS GONNA LIVE IN OUR CABIN, ON MY BUNK! I wanna try and build him a house!"

His voice was serious as he continued on, "But I don't wanna make him a cage. That would be mean, cuz he can talk and he's my friend!"

Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 am

"I can talk to Mickey, yes," I said with a smile.
I watched as he jumped up and down, excited.
"You're going to have to talk to the cabin leader about that, but okay," I said with a smile.
I listened as he talked about the cage.
"I understand J.J, I wouldn't want a cage for my friend either," I said to him. I continued, "Are you hungry? Dinner already started."
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 am

J.J. put his hand to his tummy, realizing how hungry he was. "Yeah! But... What if dinner is done when we get there? I wanna eat!"

The boy looked around. "Where is Camp?" he asked.

OOC: Sorry about the reeeeally short post. :(
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 am

"Don't worry, if that's the case, I'll make sure you get something to eat," I said reassuring my younger brother.
I watched as he looked around, and asked where camp was.
"I believe it's that way," I said, pointing in the direction I had walked in earlier.
"Let's go," I said to J.J, walking towards camp.
As we were walking, I looked down at my bloody hands, and thought, Heal... As I watched, the blood went back into my hands, and the cuts closed up.

OOC: That's okay, I posted relatively short here too.
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 am

J.J. walked close to Mia, not wanted to get lost again, or eaten. Getting eaten would be bad. He watched silently as Mia's wounds closed up, but with his mouth a gigantic 'O'.

"That is SO COOL! How do you DO that?!" he asked his half-sister.

As they trudged through the forest, J.J. had to run a few times to catch up - his stubby little legs were lagging behind. He yawned, and began to shiver. Something about yawning had made his little body realize how cold it was. He walked a little closer to Mia, keeping alert at how times, with his left hand on his knife handle. He was scared.

J.J. realized how Mia had spoke to Mickey in her mind instead of out loud. He tried it. J.J. to Mickey, J.J. to Mickey, 1 2 3! he thought. The reply came almost a once, Mickey to J.J., Hi!

J.J. giggled out loud, proud of himself and his mouse-speaking abilities.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 pm

"Apollo children like us have a talent for healing," I told him with a smile. I continued to walk, noting how he would fall back a few times. I slowed down. I saw him shiver, and I unzipped my sweatshirt, and handed it to him. I wasn't cold, being the daughter of the sun god and all. In a while, he laughed out loud, and I didn't even know what he was laughing about, but I still smiled. I watched as the lights of camp appeared, and I was glad to be back. I walked towards the Mess Hall, not hungry, but making sure J.J, got there and was able to eat. People were still eating, so I said, "Go ahead J.J, I'll be at my cabin."
Back to top Go down

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 am

"I'll give you your jersey back when I go to bed!" J.J. said to Mia a she went back to the Apollo cabin. Ignoring the looks he got, J.J. sat down with his siblings, before wolfing down his meal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost (Open)   Lost (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: