Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Angel's Characters.

Go down 
+4
selene
Crispy Bacon
Nico
Angel
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Angel's Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Angel's Characters. Delish-49308-319-480

Angel's Characters. Charlie

Name:
Charlotte-Marie "Charlie" Grandge
Frozen at 17 years of age. Though, in reality, she's 25.
Birthday:
July 15, 1986
Godly Parent:
Iris (Ίρις), goddess of the rainbow and divine messenger
Claimed:
Yes
Years in Huntresses:
8 years
Group:
Gatherers

Mortal Family:
• Father (Oscar Grandge): Oscar Grandge used to be a care-free, wild, insane free spirit. He was artistic, crazy, random, overall, very right brain heavy. He, Charlie and Georgia would travel and go on adventure after adventure. It was a great life. Though Charlie was always more supportive of it than Georgia. When both Charlie and Georgia were almost killed, Oscar Grandge decided that it was time to find a spot and stay there. He actually got a real job at a bank, which Charlie hated. Soon, he became more and more organized and responsible. He started to dress nicely and not have paint on him. He covered up his tattoos every morning with clothing or coverup. Georgia was supportive of the change, but Charlie was not. Soon the change became just about permanent when he married Charlie's step mom, Chrissy.
    "My dad used to be great! When I was little we traveled, hopping from place to place, learning new things, meeting new people. It was amazing. The best life ever. But then that all ended. Me and my sister were in a "near death experience". It was just a hellhound. And we got away, so I don't know why it freaked Oscar out so much. Yes, I call my dad by my first name. Anyways, he decided that we were going to stop traveling, get a home, settle down, and stay there. Boring. But Georgia loved it. When my dad married Chrissy, things just got worse. He already worked at a bank, and then he marries this stuck up, rich, snooty little... Gah. She keeps him "contained". "Mustn't let daddy go out and embarrass the family with dirty hands!" I want my real dad back.. The one that my real mom fell in love with. But still, all in all, I guess he's a good parent."
• Step-Mother (Chrissy Grandge): Chrissy married into the Grandge family when Charlie was ten. She's a very uptight, proper, clean person. And Charlie hates her. Chrissy and Charlie's personalities both clash drastically. Chrissy is well-mannered, polite, and feminine. Charlie is not. She's messy, artistic, loud, rude, and strong. The only thing keeping them from murdering each other is Oscar. He is the person that steps in and talks to both sides rationally. In the end, Charlie and Chrissy agreed to be civil. And, to help that process, Charlie left.
    "Chrissy is just...ugh!' That woman has to have something shoved up her butt because she's so uptight all the time. She's proper, and a lady. Who gives a crap about being "a lady". Don't your parts do that for you?! I just don't understand her. Maybe if she hadn't forced my dad to completely change who he was, I might not mind her as much. But the woman comes in and changes our entire life. The way we eat, where we live, what we do, EVERYTHING. It all changed with two little words. "I do"."
• Sister (Georgia Grandge): Georgia Grandge is the "sensible sister". She is a little over a year older than Charlie and has apparently gained all the wisdom there is in the world in that year. She's a very smart, knowledgeable person. Almost overpoweringly so. When the Grandges were traveling, she was the one that kept the group in check. She was the one who cooked and was responsible. And she was always the one who asked if they could stop traveling and just calm down for a little bit. Charlie and Georgia don't always see eye to eye, but they get along generally well.
    "Georgia is my big sister. Though she acts like she's learned all there is to know about the world in that one year. She thinks she knows everything. And I have to say, the most upsetting part of that, is that she often is right. I don't inositol how se can remember these things and names and crap that I don't give a hoot about. I swear, she has a photographic memory. Anyway, me as my sister got along better when we were travelling. Georgia isn't a very stubborn person. So when we would argue, I would win. But then something went her way. We settled down. And it, like, lit this fire to get what she wanted in her. It was dangerous. Because now there three, equally stubborn Grandge women in the world. But when we finalł settled down, she became even worse. She was convinced that this would help our father "grow up". And then she supported the marriage from the Underworld. She was decided on her opinion if the union in less than a week. She loved it. She said it was helping him "Keep up and wake up!" did you ever think that maybe he doesn't want to do those things?! Nate he just wants to eat pizza in bed. He has his entire life to grow up, why would you want more of it? Sometimes I just didn't understand Georgia."
• Half-Brother (Michael Grandge):
Michael Grandge is the child of Oscar Grandge and Chrissy Grandge. Therefore, he is Charlie's half-brother. Michael is six years of age, but has only met Charle twice in his entire lifetime. Though, it's not because Charlie doesn't try to visit. Chrissy believes that the Greek gods thing is "evil", since she's a devout Catholic. Charlie has called her out on her beliefs, shown her abilities, but Chrissy just believes she worships "Satan". And when Charlie came back with "Well actually, it's Hades, and I give offerings to all the gods," Chrissy snapped. She refused Charlie any contact with Michael after that. Charlie has tried to send him an Iris message so she can meet her half-brother, but it's no use. Chrissy watches him like a hawk.
    "Michael...the one time I met him he was the sweetest little boy. It seems like he's the only good thing that came out of their marriage... But, that good thing was taken away by the cruelest person to ever live. Chrissy. She thinks I worship Satan! Pah! No, dolt, that's not why I have these abilities. I have these abilities because your husband and my dad got it on with a goddess. I just don't get it... She lets Georgia see him! OH wait, that's right. Georgia didn't want to be a Huntress. She said it was too much work that would be unfulfilled. Well I don't believe that. It's the most rewarding experience I've ever had. But because it comes with immortality from age, Chrissy doesn't let me see Michael. And because I'm not like Georgia. I won't push my heritage under a rug just like that. "

Brief History:
    "My history, the early parts of it, was the best! I traveled around with my dad and my big sister. We got along, most of the time, and saw the most amazing things! My dad was my hero. He was so strong and adventurous. I wanted to be just like him. But then those times ended. Georgia and I, being demigods, started to have a scent. And a strong one, apparently. We were attacked in one of our trips by a hellhound. Georgia got stitches in her back, and I broke my arm. But we got away! So I don't know why Oscar insisted on us "settling down". Georgia loved it, but I hated it. And then things just got worse and worse. Oscar married Chrissy. And she completely changed him. Granted he was changing for himself a little bit before, but she really solidified it! No painting, no tattoos, she made him cover up his current ones, no contact with me and he had to dress nicely. Well after those rules were put into effect, I followed Georgia, who had gone to Camp Half-Blood a year before. I didn't stay there long, though. I was recruited to the Huntresses, made the pledge, and it was the best choice I ever made. I love the Hunters. They're more of a family to me than my real family. I don't have to deal with men, I travel around, get to shoot things with arrows, and live with the goddess Artemis and the rest of the Hunters. WHat could be better? I'll answer that for you. Nothing."
Charlie was born in Portland, Oregon. Though she didn't live there for very long. Only about two years after Charlie was born, the family of three began to travel. At first, it wasn't very far travels and they always returned to Oregon. But as time went on, they went further and further out into the world and they returned home less and less. Oscar paid the bills for their house when they would return home, so they still owned it, but they never lived there. It was like an empty thing that they could always come back to. The family would stay in hotels, at strangers houses, or even rent an apartment for their travels to different places. They stayed all over the world. They backpacked across Europe, took a safari through Africa, dove into Asian culture, and explored the ruins of South America.
However, when Charlie was seven and Georgia was eight, the two girls were attacked by a hellhound. Georgia had to get stitches in her back and Charlie broke her arm. After that experience, Oscar realized that taking the girls all these places was exposing them to the monsters wanting to kill them. It was dangerous. And he had to prevent his girls from being hurt. The Grandges moved back to Portland, Oregon and "settled down". Oscar got a job at a bank and started working there, much to Charlie's hatred for the boring job. While at said job, Oscar Grandge met his soon-to-be wife, Chrissy Sarlton. Or, as she was soon to be known, Chrissy Grandge. Charlie never understood why her father married such a boring, dull, proper, annoying woman. When she tries confronting him about his decision, he gets upset. "It's what's best for the family!" he says. Charlie has stopped asking about the marriage over the years, though it's mostly because she wants to preserve whatever kind of relationship she has with her father for as long as possible. When Charlie was fourteen, she went to Camp Half-Blood, as her sister did the year before her. Charlie was claimed almost immediately, since Georgia had already been claimed as well. She spent three years with her half-siblings and it was better than home, but something was still missing. She didn't feel complete at camp. It was nice and friendly, but she felt like she wasn't living her life to the fullest. And then, one day, The Hunters of Artemis came to camp to recruit and Charlie knew that's what she wanted to do.
At the age of seventeen, Charlie Grandge became a Hunter of Artemis. She's traveled around with her adoptive family. She's had close calls, lost friends, and had happy times with the rest of the girls as well as Lady Artemis, who she respects more than anyone else. Charlie has been a Huntress for eight years and, despite the fact that it cut her from her relationship with her new half-brother, she will tell anyone who asks that it was the best decision she ever made.

Physical Appearance:
    "My appearance? I mean...I guess it's pretty normal? I don't know! All of the girls in the Hunters say that I'm pretty. But we're not really ones to care much about looks. I'm average I suppose. Average height, weight, beauty, things like that. I have tattoos, if that means anything to you. It probably doesn't. Just look at me or something! Holy crap, don't make me describe myself..."
Charlie stands at about 5'9" in height, so she's on the taller end of the female height spectrum. She has a thin, but muscular frame, due to her training with the Hunters. Her arms and legs are mostly muscle, though her stomach still remains lacking in tone. Her arms and legs are long and she has a short, petite torso. Her feet are quite small for her height. She only wears a size 6 and everyone says that her feet look like toddler feet. Her hands, however, are quite large. Her fingers are long and thin which makes gripping a bow easier. Her right arm is covered in a sleeve of tattoos. This tattoo mural starts at her wrist, goes up her arm, over her shoulder, and down her right side before it ends at her hip. It's quite a large tattoo, but Charlie loves it. Though whether or not her love for it came because her step-mother hates it is unknown. Charlie also has a rainbow on her ankle in honor of her mother, Iris.
Charlie's face is heart-shaped. She has round cheeks and strong cheekbones that people, for some reason, love to poke. Her cheekbones are especially prominent, along with her dimples, when she smiles. Charlie believes her nose to be slightly large, but it's not a very prevalent flaw. While she doesn't have a "button nose", she doesn't have a beak either. Her nose comes to a point and flips up a bit at the tip. Her lips are thick and pink. Often they are turned up in a smile or open because Charlie is blabbing about something on her mind. Charlie always says that she has a big mouth, meaning both literally and figuratively. Charlie's ears stick out a little bit at her earlobes, but whether or not she has yet to notice it or just doesn't care, it doesn't bother her. Her eyesbrows are plucked, though not by her own choice. She let her friend pluck them when she was younger and ever since then, if she didn't keep them clean and tidy, they would grow out like bushes. Charlie has a very expressive face. All of her emotions can be read like an open book if one simply watches her facial expressions.
Charlie's eyes sit on either side of her nose, a bit too close together. They are round with slender points in shape. They are framed by thick, dark eyelashes that are made longer, thicker, and darker by the caked on mascara. Charlie loves eye makeup, but only dark eye makeup. She almost always has eyeliner, black or gray eyeshadow, and black mascara with her at all times. She says she looks bad without makeup, but no one ever sees her without it, so no one can testify that this is true or if she's just exaggerating. Her irises are pure black in color, though around the pupil is a small light of silvery-gray. Her eyes are so dark they can't even be classified as dark brown. They are, literally, black as night.
Charlie's hair is just as dark as her eyes. Her hair is black in color with hints of silver and brown when the light hits it. But her hair is indeed black. It's also quite long. When she isn't wearing it up, which she almost always is, it reaches to the small of her back. It's also quite curly. It twists and spins into ringlets that cascade in a waterfall of black curls over her shoulders and down her back. And Charlie hates it. She'd much prefer straight hair, because curly hair is frizzy. Charlie's bangs are jagged and swoop across her forehead, but she often has them pinned back because she sees them as a hassle. Charlie's preferred hairstyle is a big, thick, messy bun near the crown on her head. She often wears a rolled up bandana like a hairband to keep flyaway strands out of her eyes. She has bandanas in almost every color and pattern. They're like a collection to her, or maybe an obsession. She ties them by the top, so she says it's also similar to a bow. But it seems she's the only person to see the resemblance in that.
Almost all of Charlie's clothes are covered in something. Mostly paint or dirt stain her wardrobe, though she doesn't really dress to impress. She usually wears tank tops or baggy t-shirt with a pair of jeans and her old, worn out, horribly torn and worn down to the nub gray sneakers. She prefers dark colors with splashes of neon and bright pinks, greens, blue, purples, oranges, reds, and yellows. She's often like a walking rainbow. She says it's for her mother, but the truth is, Charlie just likes bright colors.

Personality:
    "I'm sarcastic. Yeah...that's a pretty good description I think. I'm sarcastic and artsy-fartsy. And a little strange, but the best people are. I really love art. It's my favorite hobby! Actually, it's more than a hobby. It's what I love to do. I love to paint and draw and sculpt...it's what I could do for the rest of my life if I was allowed. I could stay up for hours on end painting something. My favorite medium is oils, but I love watercolors and acrylics too. I'm a very messy painter, which you can see by my clothing. I don't try to keep myself clean when I'm drawing or painting, because even if I tried, I would fail. Oh right, personality. I don't know... Just talk to me and find out or something! Gosh.."
Charlie is sarcastic and blunt, she's talkative and loud, and rude and angry. But she's also a dreamer. She's a free spirit and artistic. All in all, she contradicts her own personality a lot. When she's angry or tired her sarcasm and rudeness are very strong in her speech. But when she's happy or excited, she plans things and laughs and dreams of wild and crazy things. But overall, despite all of her flaws, Charlie is a good person.
Charlie is, in one simple word, sarcastic. She has a dry, witty sense of humor that seeps into almost every conversation. Her sarcasm is also very blunt and is most prevalent when she's mad. If she's yelling at someone, her to-the-point sarcasm easily slips out. Along with this sarcasm also comes a bit of a potty mouth, though she tries her best to substitute those words for something more appropriate. Charlie loves to make people laugh with her natural sense of humor. Though she has never considered herself a clown, since she doesn't do silly things, she still likes the feeling she gets when she makes someone laugh. It makes her day just a little bit better.
Charlie is a free spirit, much like her father was before the incident. She doesn't really want to tie herself down to one place or to one job, unless it's something to do with art. That's why she never had a problem joining the Hunters. A lot of the girls' only issue with the Hunters is the fact that you have to swear off of men. Well Charlie has never dreamed about fairytales and happy endings. She's very cynical in that topic. "The truth is, no one really falls in love forever. You could be the happiest couple when you get married, but as you grow older you grow tired of each other. Friends grow apart like that all the time and it's completely normal. But when married people do it, it's called divorce. There's no difference, one just costs more money. Be with someone for as long as you're happy, don't waste your money on a wedding only to have a divorce later, and don't kid yourself by saying that you're going to be together until you die. Because even if you last that long, by the end, you'll be sick of each other." With such a strong opinion on the subject, as well as Charlie's stubborn, hard-headed personality, she has never dreamt about staying in one place. In fact, her dream is to see as many places as possible. That and the fact that you never have to deal with relationships and not be looked at like a crazy cat lady is what makes Charlie perfect for the Hunters of Artemis. She gets to see all of these wonderful places, travel around with people she cares about, and just be herself.
Charlie is a very talkative, yappy person. She can ramble on and on about any kind of subject. She's also able to hold conversations with people very easily, even those who she doesn't know. Charlie has always had this gift of being a social butterfly. Although she doesn't like it, she has no trouble keeping a conversation light and interesting for everyone. She hardly ever lets on that she has this ability. The only time she really uses it is when there's someone who is alone or out of the crowd. She'll go over and simply talk to them. Just talk, and it seems to make them feel better. Charlie is a talker. but this talkative trait can backfire on her a lot. Charlie is able to ramble on when she's happy, or angry. She'll go off ranting on some subject and the angrier she gets,t he faster she talks and the more she says. People have a hard time keeping up with her when she does this. Someone physically has to snap her out of it, calm her down, and bring her back to reality. Otherwise, the more and more she rants,t he angrier and more frustrated she'll become.
Charlie is a very creative and artistic person. She loves pretty much everything art related. She loves to draw with pencils, charcoals and pastels. She likes to paint with watercolors, oils and acrylics. She loves to sculpt things and always has a little thing of play-doh with her to sculpt when she's bored. Charlie always has to be doing something with her hands. She has a hard time sitting still, so when she's sitting there playing with play-doh, drawing on her free arm, or twiddling her fingers, that's as still as she's going to sit. Charlie's style of artwork is very surreal. They are like scenes from dreams that she can't remember, or at least that's what she says.
Charlie has a bit of a temper, especially when people don't snap her out of her whirlwind of rage. As Charlie starts to rant about something that makes her angry or a subject she feels strongly about, she grows more and more agitated. If someone doesn't snap her out of it, her serious anger issues that she has kept down for the past few years will resurface and she'll snap. However, Charlie has gotten better at calming herself down. She tried to control her temper, but, as she says, "If people weren't so stupid, I wouldn't have this issue,"
Charlie is a very "dreamy" person. Not the physical way, but the actual dreaming way. She loves to think of all kinds of adventures she could have and plan out extravagant events and trips, though they hardly ever get put into action. People sometimes tell her that she has her head in the clouds. But she simply retorts with: "That's better than having your head down a hole,"
Charlie can be a bit cynical and negative, but only on certain subjects. But these subjects that she has a negative outlook on are ones that people often save hope for. Topics like marriage, love, and family. Those subjects are not good ones to bring up to her if you're depressed about them, because she'll only make your view on those subjects worse. Charlie always says that she's realistic, not cynical. She claims that she sees the world for how it really is, depressing. And the other people that have yet to except that about humanity are all fools setting themselves up for disappointment. This brings us to our next trait, bluntness. Charlie is a very blunt person. She hardly ever sugar coats anything for anyone. She tells them exactly how it is, no matter what might happen. This is helpful in some ways, but often gets her into trouble. It's especially problematic when her bluntness is taken as being rude, which happens a lot.

Likes/Dislikes:
    "I like art! And I like dreaming and painting! I like being a huntress.. Uhh...I don't like people. They're stupid. Well, I guess you can just look at the list down there, huh? So then stop asking me and just do that!"
• Being a Huntress
• Vanilla ice cream
Dislikes:
• Chrissy
• People
• Cats

Talents:
    "I have a lot of light and light spectrum based abilities. Since my mother is the goddess of, not only in divine messengering, but also rainbows, I have powers in manipulating both light and mist. It's kind of difficult to explain, though... They're not particularly powerful abilities, but they have their perks I guess."
Light spectrum manipulation: This is one of her weaker abilities, as well as one of her hardest to control. Since rainbows are just the light reflecting off of water in the sky, Charlie is able to manipulate this light to do her will. Though she's a draw back to it. She can't use actual light. She has to physically create a rainbow and then draw her ability and power from that source. But creating a rainbow is easy for her. All she has to do is toss up some water.
Mist control: "Mist" is the best kind of water vapor to create a rainbow. After much practice, Charlie has learned how to control this mist and even create it from water around her to create rainbows. And from those rainbows, she can draw power and a "beam" of sorts that she can use as a weapon.
Instant messaging: Since she is the daughter of the goddess who people give offerings to for divine messages, Charlie is actually able to create her own messaging system. Though it's much weaker than her mothers and can only reach people within about a 100 mile radius of her. She's also only able to hear them, not see them. But it's better than a telephone, since that allows monsters to learn her location. All of these abilities tend to wear her out quickly, though. So she really only keeps them for a last resort.

Weapons:
    "My weapon of choice is, like my other Hunters, a bow and arrow. This bow and arrow I created especially for myself. It's made of wood and painted white. I carved some cool designs into the side, balanced and strung it myself, with some help from the Warriors group, and painted it. I also created my arrows. They're special arrows made just for me. I made my bow my first year in the Hunters of Artemis and it has been my faithful weapon of choice ever since. "
Charlie's bow is named φάσμα (Spectrum). It is carved in an arch and made out of dark wood. It is painted white with swirls of colors traveling up the sides. There is a pattern that is similar to Charlie's tattoo engraved on the grip area of the bow. The arrows are also quite special. The shafts are made of the same wood and decorated the same as the bow, it's the tips that are unique. They are made of celestial bronze and infused with power drawn from the rainbows that Charlie is able to create. While people don't believe that rainbows have power, they are quite wrong. Rainbows are the result of two elements meeting, water and light. When that is tapped into, when the true power is extracted, it's quite strong. It acts as an extra oomph, an extra punch to the arrows and helps them fly further and dig deeper into their target when they hit.

Other:
Her color is mediumseagreen. Charlie is a Hunter of Artemis, therefore, she is not open for dibbing.

Charlie's post layout:

Last edited by Angel on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:44 am; edited 35 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Angel's Characters. Matthew-2
Angel's Characters. Matt2-1

Name:
Matthew Lee Pierce
Birthday:
April 14, 1995
Godly Parent:
Khione (Xάoς) goddess of snow and ice
Claimed:
Yes
Years at Camp:
Five years

Mortal Family:
• Marshall Robert Pierce (Father): Marshall Pierce died when Matt was quite young. Matthew's fifth birthday was like any other day. Parents busy with work, Matt home alone. The usual. However, his father wouldn't make it home from work. Marshall Pierce was in a hurry to try and find a store to pick up a present for his son. While driving down the high way, Marshall Pierce didn't look to see if the road was clear. Hiding in his blind spot was a large truck. Mr. Pierce moved into the lane and the truck honked its horn. But it was too late. Matthew's father went spinning out of control. It would have seemed like an amusement park ride, if his car hadn't spun into the lanes going the opposite direction. Cars piled up, smashing every inch of Marshall Pierce's beat up, hunk-of-junk car. Mattew learned the news of his father's death later that evening. He and his step-mother received a call from tthe police officer at the scene.
    "My dad died when I was little. I don't remember him much. He was always at the office or on business trips. When he got the chance to work from home he was always rushing around and busy. When he was free, he wanted to sleep and rest because he was working so hard. Don't get me wrong, of course I was crushed when he died. He didn't even make it away from the scene of the accident before he died... But I hardly knew the man. He was never around. Guess it's better that way."

• Renae Maria Pierce (Step-Mother): Renae Pierce was the one that raised Matthew after his father died. For as long as he could remember, Renae had been his mother-figure. He didn't even know he wasn't her son until she let it slip one night. At first, Renae was a loving mother. Though she worked like Matthew's father, she tried her best. After the accident, Renae's sanity began to slip. She started turning to alcohol to take the edge off of her problems. She was never abusive, but Matthew started taking care of her rather than her taking care of him. From the age of six Matthew made sure his mother was awake for work, monitored the number of drinks she had, and took the harsh words she would throw at him with a stiff upper lip. He walked himself to school, called in to check up on her, and cooked dinner. Their roles switched after Marshall Pierce's death. But Matthew didn't mind. She was the only family he had left, that he knew of at least. His world came crashing down on him when he was eleven though. A monster attacked their house in Vermont. Matthew barely escaped alive, but Renae Pierce died in the attack. Matthew had no time to mourn the loss of his mother, because at that point he was being whisked away to Camp Half-Blood.[/list][list]
    "My mom, or step-mom I guess, was the parent I turned to. Her death was harder than my dad's. After dad died she sort of fell and turned to things she shouldn't have. I helped a bit, but it was her that got her back on her feet. SHe died shortly afterwards... Not much else I can say really."

Brief History:
    "My history really isn't anything special... Seriously, it's like when you go to a restaurant and you see this amazing sounding dish on the menu. For me it'd be on the desert menu because I have the soul of a very overweight old man. Anyways, you read the name and the description and it sounds so good you pee your pants a little bit. And then you see it arrive and it's this little tiny glob of food in the center of your plate. Sure it tastes good, but it's literally one bite of food. It's a disappointment. It sounded great, it was built up too much. That's what my history is like, but I guess I'll let you know anyway... But this of that as a disclaimer for boredom."
Matthew was born and raised in Burlington, Vermont. He had a normal family, he supposed. Parents that worked too much, a step-mom that did her best to balance work and children and a father that didn't try and maintain that balance at all. Considering what other lives of those around him were like, Matthew considered himself to be quite blessed with an easy time. Because both of his parents worked good paying jobs almost all the time, they weren't hurting badly for money. He had clothes, food and shelter and never had to worry about not having the essentials. All in all, Matthew Pierce's life was relatively normal. At least he thought it was.
From the time he was born, both his parents seemed distant and distracted. Perhaps it was work or adult responsibilities or the fact that they had a child to support. Whatever it was, Matthew barely saw his mother and he can't recall a time when he saw his father for more than an hour at a time. They tried their best, they really did. But it was obvious what came first between work and Matthew.
That unspoken choice was made quite evident when his father had forgotten to pick of a birthday present for now 5-year-old Matthew. Realizing on his way home from work that it was young Matthew's birthday, Marshall Pierce (Matthew's father) abruptly turned around and swiftly drove to attempt to find a toy store. His hastiness got the best of him, though. Not long after, Mr. Pierce was in a fatal car crash. He died on the way to the hospital.
For a short time, Matthew blamed his birthday for his father's death, but his mother took him to see a psychiatrist who convinced him that it wasn't his fault. Soon he learned a new way of dealing with grief. Jokes and humor. Matthew changed after his father's death. Before he was an innocent, curious, quite young boy. He asked too many questions, was always poking in other people's business, and far too often had to know "why?". Before his father's death, Matthew was a normal toddler. But after, his psychiatrist talked about different ways people deal with loss and grief. He mentioned putting on a happy and joking facade, and that sounded good to Matthew. From then on he became the little jokester. He laughed things off, lightened the mood, and gave sarcastic, sometimes inappropriate, remarks. Often it helped to relieve the tension, but other times it only made it worse.
A few years after his father's death, Matthew's joking and happy facade slowly began to fade. He stopped joking as much and started returning to his curious, actually quite intelligent personality. However, as soon as he let that mask fall, another tragedy struck him like a ton of bricks.
He was eleven when the monsters attacked his house. "Son of the cold one!" they called him. They were large brutish things with blue skin, crooked jaws, and large, smelly feet. The were only clothed by brown loin cloths, but their large guts must have kept them toasty warm during the Vermont winter. Matthew wouldn't have survived the attack if it hadn't been for the young girl and the satyr that saved his life. The girl's name was Raegan, but she preffered to go by "Deryn" for whatever reason. The satyr's name was Birch. He was an old satyr, but he had a lot of spunk and guts. He beat the monsters with a large golf club. Turns out those things were not very intelligent. Matthew escaped alive, but his mother died during the attack. Matthew tried to go back for her, but Birch wouldn't let him.
A week later Matthew arrived at Camp Half-Blood. He was claimed by Khione shortly after his thirteenth birthday and has been living happily in the Khione cabin since. He misses his mother, or step-mother, quite often. But since her death Matthew has never let the jokester, happy facade down again. He's known for never being serious around camp, though this doesn't bother him.

Physical Appearance:
    "My appearance? Well can't you just look at me? Anyway, I guess I'm sort of average looking? I don't know! I like my hair, does that count? No? Okay.. Well I guess I'll give you the full description then?"
Matthew has an average appearance, at least he thinks he does. Girls, however, tend to think otherwise. He stands at about 5'9" in height and has a gangly, stalky build. He says he's not particularly muscular, and it appears as though he's telling the truth. But, underneath the layers of clothing, are some "baby muscles" that would get him through a battle or difficult situation. However, he still isn't very strong. His arms and legs are long, as his is torso. His hands and generally small and his fingers are thin and almost girlish. His feet are like boats. He clocks in at a size 16 shoe, so shopping for shoes is quite difficult. His canoe-like shoes often seem to be the first thing people notice about him. Why, Matthew has never been able to figure out.
Matthew has a long, oval shaped face. His chin juts out a bit and it accents his rather prominent jaw line. However, his features still remain soft and subtle. Matthew has a rather long, broad nose. It has a round tip, making him appear to be more child-like. His mouth is always smiling and is framed by full pink lips. Girls always tell Matthew that he has a nice smile, but he doesn't believe them. Matthew has pale, untanned skin. The tip of his nose, his ears, and his cheeks have a red tint to them, as though he has been out in the cold for too long. The brim of Matt's nose and the apples of his cheeks are splattered with light freckles. They're not very noticeable, except when he's laughing, and with Matt, that's quite often.
Matthew's eyes are thin and squint when he's smiling. They are framed by thin, short brown lashes and bushy brown eyebrows. His irises are silvery-brown in color, but they have flecks of blue and black. In the light, his eyes appear to be an unsaturated brown. However, in direct sunlight and in the dark they shimmer like a silver snowflake, reflecting the rays of light that hit them like a mirror. Matthew's eyes are indeed the "window to his soul". His emotions can always be seen in his eyes. Whether he's happy, sad, or angry his eyes tell the tale of his emotions like an open book. This makes it quite difficult for Matthew to keep up his happy facade during sad times, but he's managed to do so and has been quite successful.
Matt's hair is, by far, his favorite aspect of his appearance. It is shortly cropped and barely brushes the tips of his ears. It's brown in color but when the light hits it has tints of silver and purple, similar to his eyes. His hair is very curly. It flips and curls out and doesn't listen to a thing he says. However, over the years of dealing with curly hair, Matthew has learned ways to control it by not controlling it. He tends to wear the "I just rolled out of bed" look and when that's the case, it really is the case. The most he'll do it run is hingers through it. Matthew never lets his hair grow past his ears because it finds it to be more difficult to deal with.
Matthew's clothing is quite simple. He enjoys plaid button-up shirts, skinny jeans, sneakers and his favorite black leather jacket. This is pretty much all you'll ever find him in. It's very rare to not see him wearing plaid. He calls himself a lumberjack. His plaid is always brightly colored too.

Personality:
    "I've been told I'm funny? Does that count? Umm...I guess I've been told that I never take anything seriously. But that's not true, I take everything seriously, I just choose to lighten the mood. Sometimes people get mad at me for it, but I don't understand why... I'm only trying to help. I mean, maybe your half-sibling's funeral isn't the best time to crack a joke, but they were all so sad! I wanted to cheer them up! A few people laughed, but it was a sad laugh. The others just glared at me. But I don't mind, at least they have something to direct their feelings towards. It really sucks when you just want to punch something but you don't have anything to hit. I don't mind being a punching bag, as long as it helps."
Matthew can easily be described as the class clown. He jokes, makes wisecracks, loves to laugh, adores sarcasm and is hardly ever serious about anything. However, rather than simply trying to get attention, like most class clowns, Matthew has a reason for his silly antics. He learned when he was quite young that apparently you could pretend not to be sad by being happy. People wouldn't ask you if you were okay and you could deal with those emotions you keep bottled up alone, instead of putting that sadness onto other people. So Matthew decided that it was a good idea to do this.
Originally, Matthew was a curious, inquisitive, eccentric, and happy little boy. He was intelligent, bright, and always asked people why things were the way they were, sometimes he asked a little too much. However, all in all, Matthew was a normal little kid. But then he experienced his first real tragedy, the death of his father, and he became closed off from the world. Rather than becoming unsocial, Matthew took the opposite way to close yourself off. Humor. He joked and laughed and lightened the tension of difficult situations not only for himself but for other people as well.
"I figure that either way, humor helps somebody. It helps me by not having to put my emotions on others, it helps someone else by making them laugh during hard times, or it gives someone who's sad or angry and outlet for their frustration. Sure I might get yelled at or even punched, but I can take it. At least they're letting out their emotions on something that won't ever fight back.." Matthew always says. His reasoning behind this humorous facade comes from a psychologist he had when he was younger. The doctor mentioned this way that people use to cope and it sounded interesting to Matthew. He began to try it during sad times and found that it not only helped him, but it helped others as well, even if they didn't believe it to be a help at the time. Matthew began to keep this facade up all time time and soon it just became his natural personality. He would joke and poke fun, never at anyone else, and try and lighten the mood or give someone an outlet for their frustration.
Because of the mask of humor that Matthew keeps up, he bottles up his own emotions. He'll always give advice telling people to let their emotions out and deal with them, but he never follows it. Matthew will stay happy and humorous on the outside and keep his emotions of sadness, frustration or any other negative emotion bottled up. He releases his emotions by training. He finds that swiping at things with his sword allows him to let go of those emotions without making a big scene. One thing Matthew hates is when he believes he's let emotions out on other people. Matt has learned that even when people don't mean to be empathetic, they are. When you're sad, they're sad. It's simply human nature. So, to prevent making other people sad, Matthew lets out his emotions in private.
Matthew is a very loyal person. Once he trusts you and calls you his friend he will never let you down. In fact, he's almost annoying loyal. Kind of like a golden retriever. Always there to lend a hand, always there to help you, no matter what crap he's going through. This sometimes freaks people out, especially when he barely knows them. They ask him why he's being so nice and he simply says "Because you're upset..." In all honesty, Matthew is very innocent in this sense. He sees someone upset and he believes he can help them. It's a super-hero complex of sorts. Though Matthew would never believe himself to be a super-hero.

Fatal Flaw:
    "Every hero has a Fatal Flaw, at least that's what I've heard. I've asked some of my cabin mates what they think mine is, but they just look at me weird. I guess you're not supposed to know? I don't know about you, but I'd want to know that flaw that is going to be my "downfall" because then maybe I can try and prevent it. Though I guess that's the opposite of what they're trying to accomplish..."
Once someone sees the reasoning behind Matthew's humorous and happy facade they'll realize that he is one of the most unselfish people they've ever met. And while this is a good thing, it will end up leading to his ultimate destruction. He will give and give and continue to put others before himself until he can no longer take it. While this makes Matthew kind to everyone around him, it's quite dangerous for is own well being. He puts people he barely even knows miles before himself without giving it a second thought.

Pets:
    "My best friend, the one who's always been there, my dear Ms. Opal, though I just call her Opal. Opal is my dear cat. I've had her since I was around nine. My step-mom bought her for me as a kitten to keep me company when she had to work. She apparently didn't know that Ms. Opal could talk. We talked and talked, always conversing and discussing. She's a very sweet cat and almost acts like a loving grandmother, which is why instead of just "Opal" I call her "Ms. Opal". It sounds more like a grandma's name. ...Don't judge me.."
Ms. Opal:

Ms. Opal is a Main Coon cat. She has striking teal, green and blue eyes that stare up at you like the ocean. Her fur is long and brown with stripes that run down her back and fluffy tail. Her stomach is a pale golden brown and has spots of dark brown and black. She and Matthew have an empathy link, so they are able to converse with one another. She wears a jingly collar, with a small bell attached, at all times. Ms. Opal also loves to play in the snow.

Talents:
    "My talents are all snow and ice based, since I'm a son of Khione. They're not all that spectacularly different from my siblings' talents. Some of them have super cool ice storm talents! I haven't gotten that good yet, but I guess I'm okay.."
• Snow and Ice creation: Matthew is able to draw moisture from the air and make snow and ice. It appears as though it's out of thin air, but in reality he's simply using the water molecules that hang low in the atmosphere. He's never gone to a place with no moisture in the air, and he hopes he never will. He can use the ice and snow he creates as weapons as well.
• Cold Tolerance: Like make of Matthew's siblings, when you touch Matthew he is cold to the touch. His skin always seems to have a light layer of frost over it. However, unlike his siblings, he is able to feel this cold. He is able to tolerate it easily, but he does register just how cold he is at all times.
• Ice manipulation: Matthew is easily able to manipulate ice to do his bidding. However, he still has a hard time with snow. Snow is not as solid as ice and does not form as easily, so he is unable to control it just yet. He can make snow, but he can't shape it and form it like he can with ice.
• Snow Storm creation: Matthew has mastered the ability to create snow storms. They can range from powerful blizzards to a light snow. Not only does this require snow, but also water and wind. He can't control each element separately, but he can put all three together and create or control a snow storm.

Weapons:
    "My weapon of choice is my sword, κρύσταλλο (Icicle). I found it on my way to Camp Half-Blood. It was buried in snow, but I was able to sense something was there. I found Icicle deep under the snow. It had a layer of thin ice on it that crackled like Rice Krispies cereal. I was going to put it back, but Birch told me I'd need it. After that monster attack, I believed him. When I took the sword to the Hephaestus kids in the forge they told me that inside the blade of the sword was called Everlasting Ice. It's apparently ice that never melts. I guess it freezes people I strike with it or something..."
Matthew's sword Icicle is quite special indeed. It is made a celestial bronze and has silver swirls of snow painted and engraved across the two foot blade. The hilt is clothed in black leather and has a decorative handle, unlike most greek broad swords. Inside of the blade is a substance called Everlasting Ice. It resides in the core of the weapon and, when a living opponent is struck, the ice spreads and freezes the wound. It stays put, as long as the injured does not touch the ice. Once the ice has been touched, it spreads like wild fire. This ice doesn't work on monsters that are from colder climates, since they are immune to its icy clutches. Matthew has never witnessed Icicle in true action, since the opponent must be living and have its blood pumping rather than a straw dummy in the arena.

Year-Round or Summer:
Matthew stays at camp Year-Round. It would be silly for him to stay only the summer, since his only true family resides with him in the Khione cabin.
Other:
His color is royalblue. Reserved for Pink's character Deryn, do not dib him.

Matt's post layout:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 am; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Angel's Characters. Picture2-7

Angel's Characters. Thoma2s

Name:
Thomas Henry De la Cruz (dAe-la-krooz)
Birthday:
Thomas was born on March 31
Godly Parent:
Dinlas, guardian of Lamark, god of hatred.
Claimed:
Yes
Years at Camp:
Thomas has been at camp for 5 years.

Mortal Family:
• Mother (Petunia De la Cruz): Thomas's mom died way back when Thomas was 13 years old, in the year 1940. (This will make more sense later.) His mother's name was Petunia De la Cruz, and she worked in a high class restaurant, which was uncommon for women of her time period. Petunia was Thomas's only known relative. Petunia was a very strong, accomplished woman. She was a true go-getter that was determined and would accomplish anything that she put her mind to. Though as the war continued to take its tole on France, Thomas could see his mother fading away. They began losing food and Petunia would sacrifice her daily rations for her son. This, after a build up of time, caused the young woman died of starvation. For the time she was alive, she was a determined, strong, confident woman that accomplished difficult feats at her time and raised a son on her own.
    "My mother was a remarkable woman. I remember her just like it was yesterday, even though it was about 70 years ago. She worked in a fancy restaurant, though they would never let her take home leftover food. She gave up everything for me, even when I didn't want her to. When we didn't have enough food for two, she would give me what we had and go to bed hungry. She was like my guardian angel. I miss my mother terribly. It was a shame she had to die so young and never get to see all the world has to offer. All she saw was that restaurant and the crummy building we lived in.. "

Brief History:
    "My history was...interesting, so say the least. I should be dead at this age, you know, being over 70 and all. But thanks to the magic of the Lotus Hotel, I'm happy and young. If only actresses knew about that, maybe they wouldn't pay as much for face lifts. Anyway, my history isn't any harder than anyone else's. I've had loss. I've had good times I look back of fondly. I've made mistakes that I wish I hadn't. I've found love that... I'm rambling. My dad was a big part of my life without really being a big part. Because of the rule about gods and their children, Dinlas had to keep the contact brief. But he lead me around and helped me until I was old enough and less confused to get on on my own. He might not be the best person in the world, but he's not bad. He has some serious mommy issues, though. I guess we all have our problems."
Thomas De la Cruz was born to Petunia De la Cruz and her younger, or seemingly younger, lover in the year 1927. Her lover, whose name was actually Dinlas, left when he heard of the child. Dinlas, the god and son of Aphrodite, left when he found out he was having a son. Hate was boiling inside of him, which wasn't a very appealing thing to see, especially on Dinlas. Thomas grew normally though, and was never bothered by monsters because of how faint is godly blood was. Most didn't know there even was a god named Dinlas, which allowed to family to exist peacefully for 12 years. Then the war started. Though Thomas was young, there was still a fear he might be drafted. It wasn't even a concern, realistically, but everyone else was worried about their son as well. America wasn't involved in the war, and since Thomas lived in France, he envied them. France was one of the first countries to get involved in the war, and it took a toll on the country as a whole. When Petunia died of starvation, Thomas knew he had to leave France. Taking nothing with him but the clothes on his back, Thomas ran. He caught a ship heading to America, and though it wasn't safe, he stowed away on it. For weeks Thomas traveled, be it was land and by sea, which eventually led him to a strange looking building with flashing lights and a decorative flower symbol. The Lotus, it had read. Intrigued, Thomas entered. There he stayed, for 65 short years, never aging and remaining youthful. He was unaware of the time change, and trapped in the casino, until a flashback of his mother came to him. It caused him to stop and think, and also look around. His clothes were different then most of the people in the Lotus. Unsure of what was going on, Thomas ran, knowing he might be running for his life. He made it out after an immense amount of struggle, and found a boy a couple of years older than him sitting and picking apart a flower. His entire world had changed around him, and the boy was all he could focus on. It was impossible, of course. It had to be. "Dad?" Thomas had said, sure of himself. Dinlas took Thomas into his care. Neither was sure how Thomas could recognize his father even though he'd never seen him before, and the resemblance wasn't obvious at all, but it was alright. Dinlas knew. Thomas knew. Life on the road wasn't fit for Thomas, though, and protecting a mortal girl alongside his father was tiring, especially since Thomas hid and made sure no one laid a hand on the demigod, a daughter of Khione. He grew a strange liking for her, but Thomas was no guardian like his father, he seemed to have grown a strange liking for her as well. Feeling abandoned and confused, Thomas took off, knowing about his next move for once. Camp Half Blood. Dinlas had considered it 3 years before, then he had taken the boy in as his true son, but ended up keeping Thomas. Now, Thomas knew there was no other place for him. At camp, nothing eventful happened, until she came. The Khione girl he had guarded along side his father was back, and though she had never seen his face, he was more than familiar with hers. For a while he kept his distance, but after several months, Thomas couldn't help himself. He had to talk to her. That's where we begin.

Physical Appearance:
    "You want me to comment on my own appearance? I'm gorgeous. Umm... I'm tall. Kind of strong, I guess. I have brown hair, if that means anything. Umm... My eyes are really dark. This one Aphrodite girl says I look like a bad boy, whatever that means. I guess I'm normal, I don't know. Just take a picture or something."
Thomas stands at a tall 6'1" in height. He has a broad, strong, muscular frame. Over the years of having to help with mother with work as well as living alone for a while, he's gained some strength in his limbs. His arms and legs are stout, rather than long. His torso, however, balances that out for him. His torso is very long, as opposed to his limbs. His shoulders are broad. So broad, in fact, that people always asks if he plays sports. Thomas's hands and feet are also quite large. His hands, as he's heard them described, are "man hands". They're large like baseball mitts and are apparently very "manly". His feet are just as large and he clocks in at a size 18 shoe. Because he has boats for feet, Thomas is sometimes forced to buy custom made shoes. Though this doesn't really bother him too much, since Thomas has never likes shoes anyway. Though Thomas's limb to torso ratio is slightly off, it all balances out in the end and Thomas is built well.
Thomas has a strong square jaw that leads into a pointed chin. Thomas's face is very square in shape and is slim and long. He's heard the joke "Why the long face" before, though whether it was because his face is actually abnormally long or because he doesn't smile much, he's unsure. His chin is very strong and prominent. His mouth is rather feminine. He has pale lips, but they're plump. His chin, upper lip, and jaw line is covered in a constant stubble. He's tried to shave it, but he looks strange without his shadow. His stubbly beard leads into his small side burns. It varies how much he decides to grow them out. His nose is average size, if not a bit small for his face. His skin is lightly tanned from his constant time outside. His ears are small and pixie-like, though he doesn't take much notice to this.
Sitting on either side of his nose are his thin, long eyes. They are almost shaped are rather squinty, as though he's always taring into the sun. His eyelashes are thin and short and are dark in color. His irises are just as dark. They are pure black and there is no difference between his pupil and his irises. This is one trait he's inherited from his father, since his mother had blue eyes. His eyes are startling to look at at first, because you feel like you're staring into a black hole. But after you look at them for a while, you start to warm up to them and almost crave that empty blackness that they offer. His eyebrows are dark, bushy, and often knit together.
Thomas's hair is dark and a mixture between his mother's curly hair and his father's straight hair. Though it isn't an easy mixture. If left unattended and unstyled, his hair is wild and unruly. Though it doesn't take him long to tame his hair. All he has to do it coat it in a light layer of gel. He'll choose to either slick it back or have it spiked. Usually he'll do a combination of the two. His hair is dark in color, like both of his parents'. It is dark brown or could be classified as black. When the sun hits it, you really see the brown tints to its color. Thomas keeps his hair shortly cropped so it's easier to manage. He never lets it pass his ears in length.
Thomas doesn't really have a particular style. His clothing choice is just simple. He doesn't really like bright colors or bold patterns, since he'd rather blend into a crowd than stand out. He likes jeans a plain shirts. Though his shirts usually consists of colors like black, gray, blue, brown and crimson. All in all, Thomas has a very rugged, rebel-like appearance. Or, as some girls call it, the "bad boy" look.

Personality:
    "I'm not really all that outspoken. I prefer to stay hidden in the crowd, as opposed to standing out. I'm calm most of the time, since there's very few things that make me angry enough to do or say anything. I guess I'm a nice person...or I try to be at least. Whether or not I succeed isn't exactly up for me to decide."
Thomas is a giver. He cares more about others than himself. He would, without any question, do anything that his friends, or even perspective friends, as him to do. He would put his own self-being, his own health, or even his own life on the line to save one of his friends. "My friends are my whole world" he admits when asked about his priorities. Since Thomas doesn't have any known living family, other than his father, he puts all of the love you are supposed to have for your family towards his friends. And since Thomas isn't particularly social and doesn't have a large group of friends, those caring feelings and need to please goes to the few that he does have.
He likes to have a little fun, without breaking any laws. He's a very strict rule follower, which he got from his mother, but he doesn't mind having a little fun every now and again, which he got from his father. He's very determined, like his mother, and can accomplish anything that he puts his mind to. It's actually putting his mind to it that's the issue. Since Thomas sacrifices himself for his friends and those he cares about, he doesn't ever have a lot of time for himself. Because of this, he has yet to really accomplish anything great. It often depresses him that he's yet to do great things like his mother did, but it's not something that he likes to dwell on.
He doesn't like being messed with. When provoked far enough, he will explode, though he doesn't have a short temper. He can endure a lot before he'll show any kind of emotion. (One of the many things he developed from his father.) Thomas believes that he has to remain strong. How can he comfort his friends and help them through their tough times if he's having issues of his own? Therefore, Thomas keeps his problems and emotions bottled up. And when Thomas bottles something up, he shoves it away into the back of his mind. Due to his parentage, this can be very dangerous. This can cause hatred to grow, just like it did for his father when he was cast away by his mother Aphrodite. Thomas, knowing that this could be an issue, tries to let out his feelings by training or exerting energy.
Thomas isn't one to put himself out there and let himself be heard, though depending on the person, he might take requests. He doesn't really like to be the center of attention. In fact, it makes him quite uncomfortable. He doesn't want attention, he doesn't want a spotlight. And for that reason, he's very humble. Almost annoyingly humble. He won't take complete credit for anything, even if he was the one who did most of the accomplishing. He'll pass the glory and credit on to someone else, rather than keeping it for himself. Thomas will simply enjoy the fact that someone else has their moment and he'll remain in the background. He'll remain a wallflower.
The son of Dinlas does have a surprising sense of humor, but doesn't joke around often, which makes the times he causes you to laugh rare and eventful. He has a very dry sense of humor that takes people a minute to realize that what he just said was actually funny. It's a subtle sarcasm of sorts that's hard to pick up on.
With a low self esteem, Thomas is a runner. He runs from problems instead of sticking through things. He doesn't have much faith in himself or his abilities as a person, a demigod, or anything. He'll avoid difficult situations where he'll have to impress or do well like the plague, for he fears that he'll let someone down. And letting down someone he cares for is something that Thomas simply can't handle.
Commitment frightens him, and he doesn't enjoy the thought of settling down with anyone but Maya, whom he practically worships. He doesn't think he'd be good enough for anyone. He doesn't believe he's good enough for Maya either, but he's so in love with her that that doesn't even cross his mind. Besides, he doesn't ever believe that anything will some out of this infatuation, this obsession with the daughter of Khione. He especially knows it because he's too afraid to say anything to her. How could someone so wonderfully perfect, so beautiful, and so amazing ever love someone like him? A son of the god of hatred, a streetrat, could never be loved by someone like her.

Fatal Flaw:
    "Every hero has a fatal flaw. Whatever mine is, I'm not sure. I've done some research as to what it might be, but we're not supposed to know. If we know, then it wouldn't really be our downfall. But I believe that these fatal flaws can be both good things and bad things. "
Personal loyalty, which is destined to be the end of him. He would give himself away and die protecting the person that he cares for the most. He will put his own life on the line to save those he cares for rather than ever thinking of himself. He's going to die protecting Maya, while Maya is destined to die from her curses. Though he doesn't know of it yet, their destinies are intertwined.

Pets:
    "I have a horse who's been by my side for my entire time at Camp Half-Blood. He's loyal and trusting and I named him Charlie's Bullet, after my best friend back in the day. But I just call him "CB" for short. "

Charlie's Bullet:
Thomas has a chocolaty brown horse named Charlie's Bullet, or CB for short, because his best friend in France's name was Charlie. He's a rich shade of brown with a brown mane and a white spot o his forehead. He has a white tail with a brown tip that looks like it was dipped in chocolate.

Talents:
    "I don't really have any talents. At least not powers wise. I'm good with a sword, but that's about it. I guess when your father is such a minor god, you don't really get special powers. Which I'm fine with, really. "
The person Thomas cares the most for shall always be cursed. His only talent, if you would call that a talent, comes from the fact that his father is the god of hate. His power would obviously be the thing he hates the most. Being a trouble for someone he loves. Thomas will lead to Maya's demise, as she will lead to his. It's a curse of sorts that doesn't have much information behind it just yet, since Thomas remains unaware of it. He simply believes that he has no special abilities.

Weapons:
Thomas owns a Stygian Iron sword which his father got carved for him. Dinlas was raised by Hades, and has connections in the underworld. Thomas is secretly afraid of his sword, but he would never openly admit that. Though it turns into reigns for Charlie's Bullet, that's Thomas get's shivers just touching it, and often chooses not to use reigns when riding.

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round
Other:
He is in love with Maya, though she doesn't know how she feels. His color is darkslateblue. Not open for dibs.

Riley's post layout:

Last edited by Angel on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Angel's Characters. Delia2
Angel's Characters. Delia2-1
Daughter of Demeter

WORK IN PROGRESS
This character is a work in progress

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Angel's Characters. SonofLeucothea

Angel's Characters. Griffin

Griffin sighed as he stepped onto his families boat, which was docked at Staten Island. "Honey, what are you doing home ea- ...No..another school?" his mother asked, crossing her arms. Griffin nodded his head, looking up at his mother. "Yeah..."
"What was it this time?" she asked, arching an eyebrow.
Griffin rubbed the back of his neck. "They think I burned down the cafeteria..But I didn't! I swear! There was this weird...thing. I don't even know what it was and it attacked me and it breathed fire an-"
"Griffin, you can't keep getting kicked out of schools! You have to get a good education and your father and I can't teach you because of you-"
"Dyslexia and ADHD..I know.." he grumbled, staring out in the water.
Griffin's mother opened her mouth to speak but shook her head and continued cooking. "So other than getting kicked out, what'd you do today?" she asked.
Griffin frowned, his brow furrowing a bit. "Well...I learned about dominant and recessive genes in biology. It turns out an eye color like mine is very recessive and so are green eyes, like you have, and brown eyes, like dad has. Well...we had to fill out these diagrams that helped us figure out our genetic structure. And no matter how many different ways I tried it, there is no possible way for me to end up with blue eyes. I asked my teacher about it...and she asked if I was adopted.." he said, his voice trailed off as he looked curiously at his mother, who had stopped working.
She let out a sigh and wiped her hands on a towel. "I knew you must figure it out eventually.." she said.
"Figure what out? Mom, what's going on?" he asked, staring at her with bewilderment.
Jody Sawyer sat beside her son, gently patting his knee. "Your father and I found you when you were only an infant..." she said.
Griffin pushed her hand away, rising to his feet. "What do you mean 'found me'?" he demanded.
"Well, it was quite peculiar actually..you just sort of appeared on our ship one day. You had been set at the base of out boat and we heard you crying. I still don't know how you got there but w-"
"So my real parents are just...out there somewhere?!" he asked, obviously furious.
Jody Sawyer cringed at her son's accusation, but nodded her head. She looked down at her feet but abruptly looked up when she heard footsteps. She saw her son leaving the boat and she hastily rose to her feet. "Griffin wait!" she called. But Griffin didn't answer. He just kept walking until he was out of sight.

Name:
Griffin Bryce Sawyer
Birthday:
July 21, 1994
Godly Parent:
Pontos, primeval god of the sea, father of the fish and other sea creatures.
Mortal Parent:
His biological mother is unknown, but he has two foster parents. Jody and Jeffery Sawyer.
Years at camp:
First year
Brief History:
As a baby, Griffin was dumped into the ocean by someone. (Who it was remains unknown) Being a son of Pontos, even at that age, he had a strong connection to sea creatures. They rescued him, carrying him through the oceans to a nearby boat. That is when his parents, Jody and Jeffery found him. The couple lived on their boat that they simply let float through the ocean.
Even at a young age, Jody and Jeffery knew there was something “special” about Griffin. He was able to hold his breath under water for unnatural amounts of time. When he came out of the water, he was almost dry as a bone. And sea creatures seemed to follow him and treat him like a prince.
When Griffin reached the age where he would need to attend school, the couple began home schooling. However, they found that Griffin had extreme ADHD and dyslexia and they sailed their ship to the shores of Staten Island. They sent Griffin to a public school, which he was soon kicked out of. This tradition continued until he was about thirteen, when his parents attempted home schooling again.
When Griffin was fifteen, his parents confessed that he was not their natural son. Griffin was furious and ran away. He set out trying to find his birth parents. However, he soon began being attacked by monsters. A satyr named Thistle found him and helped him to Camp, although Thistle lost his life saving Griffin.
Physical appearance:
Griffin stands at about 6’0” in height, being rather tall for his age. He has a slightly muscular build, but isn’t exactly the strongest person around. He has broad shoulders, long arms, short legs, and a long torso. His hands and feet are rather large, and he often gets comments on how oversized they appear to be.
Griffin has an oval face with a strong, square jawline, slightly larger nose, and thin lips that often remain expressionless. His cheek bones are almost nonexistent and he has thick, bushy, dark eyebrows. Around his face is his usual stubble. He never lets it grow to a beard, but allowed a light layer of hair to cover his face most of the time.
Griffin’s hair is longer. It covers most of his ears but stops there. It is brown in color, appearing lighter and darker in various places. It is wavy and obviously unbrushed. It flips out in random places on his head, but it doesn’t bother him. His bangs swoops across his forehead, curling and flipping like the rest of his hair.
Griffin’s eyes are, by far, the most hypnotizing aspect to him. They appear as though someone took sea water and poured it into two orbs and gave them to Griffin as his eyes. Around is pupil is a sea green that eventually fades to a deep blue around the rim of his iris. His eyes are large, round and almond shaped. They seem to reflect light like water, almost flowing in a way that is mesmerizing when you stare at it. His eyes are framed by brown, thin, short lashes.
Griffin has a tattoo of an anchor on his left, upper arm. It’s small and simple, yet describes him in a way. Griffin tends to wear basic clothing. He enjoys simple t-shirts and vests and jeans with whatever shoes he feels like wearing. Since Griffin isn’t very fashionable, he tends to wear simply his Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and a pair of jeans. However, if it’s a special occasion, he’ll attempt to dress up.
Personality:
Griffin tends to remain rather carefree. He, like the ocean, is a relaxed person. However, he can gets fits of anger that can be brought on rather suddenly. Griffin is very similar to the ocean, and is often described that way.
Griffin tends to be generally calm. He doesn’t enjoy losing his temper and tries his best to stay relaxed. However, at times, his temper can flare up like a violet sea storm. It takes a while for him to cool down, but afterwards it’s as if nothing every happened.
He simply goes about as though his day is completely normal and he was never upset in the first place.
Griffin is complex. He’s mysterious and can he secretive, but is also friendly and kind once one gets to know him. Griffin always appears as though he knows something you don’t. It’s as if there’s this bit of information that he is to keep secret at all times. Because of that, he has an air of mystery about him that, for one reason or another, girls find attractive.
Griffin tends to be rather quiet at first, but he does become more outspoken once you get to know him. Sarcasm is a part of his vocabulary, but he doesn’t use it regularly.
He may not seem it, but Griffin can actually be very intelligent. Once he takes a hold of his, rather severe, ADHD and dyslexia, he has quite the brain for knowledge. He enjoys marine biology, but doesn’t flaunt this aspect of him.
All in all, Griffin is simply an average person, or wants to be at least. He has a longing for the water and his temperament and personality can easily be compared to the sea.
Fatal Flaw:
Griffin has extreme personal loyalty. Once he considered you a friend or someone he cares about, he will do anything to keep you safe and happy. And this doesn’t just stop with friends, he’ll put himself on the line to save people he doesn’t even know. And this often gets him into trouble. Griffin can often be too trusting of others, which is why he’ll reach out to save them so willingly.
Pets:
Griffin has a strong connection to all sea creatures. Fish, turtles and dolphins are a bit more friendly to him rather than sharks and other carnivorous underwater creatures. The creatures that are more used to humans will praise him telepathically, which can often be irritating. However, the ones that dislike humans will be quite rude and harsh in their telepathic thoughts.
While Griffin has a strong connection to aquatic animals, he does not have one single “pet”.
Weapons:
Griffin has three weapons he’ll often be seen using. Throwing daggers, a shield, and a celestial bronze spear. When these three weapons are not in use, they are different parts of a pocket knife he keeps with him at almost all times.
Talents:
Griffin, because he just recently arrived at camp, does not yet have full control over his water abilities. His powers are similar to those of Poseidon’s children, but he can not heal others with water, only himself, and he has no control over storms or wind like Poseidon children do. He only has the manipulation of water itself.
Naturally, Griffin is able to almost breath underwater for about ten minutes. He keeps a thin pocket of air around him, but the oxygen in this pocket of air only lasts for so long. Once it’s gone, he must return to the surface to breath.
Griffin is able to stay almost completely dry. However, he enjoys the feeling of water, so he doesn’t use this ability often. (Plus, it’s quite tiring to use it all the time.)
Griffin is able to communicate telepathically with all aquatic creatures, although sometimes he wishes he couldn’t.
Other:
Griffin has many different aliases. People call him “Grif”, “Griffy”, “Gribs” and whatever else they can think of. While he has no problem with nicknames, he does simply prefer “Griffin”.
Griffin's eye color:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Angel's Characters. Olivia

Angel's Characters. Angel2

Olivia quietly closed her suitcase after she had finished packing her things. She sighed, looking at her now empty bed room. She couldn't stay here. She was a danger to Tyler if she was here. He would want to hug her, and she couldn't let him do that. He couldn't touch her at all...ever. The young girl sighed and began to write her note, explaining that she was leaving. Would her younger brother understand? Would he hate her? For a moment, she wanted to stay, just to be with her brother. Olivia shook her head. 'No, I can't be with him if I froze him from the inside out like Lisa..' she thought. She finished writing the note and left it on her bed. Olivia gathered her bags, opened the window, which lead to the fire escape, and snuck out of the house. "To Camp Half-Blood.." she murmured, trudging into the night.

Name:
Olivia Contessa Frost
Birthday:
December 29, 1994
God Parent:
Khione (Xάoς) goddess of snow and ice
Claimed:
Yes
Mortal Family:
• Father:
.......Allan Frost is Olivia’s, rather distant father. Allan is a scientist who specializes in the study of arctic animals and foliage. He’s always in Antarctica and other to arctic climates doing research. Even during Olivia’s childhood, he was hardly ever around. Although he’s very respected in his field, he often gets too distracted with work. If he is at home, he’s in his office doing more research on his findings when he was out in the field.
• Brother:
.......Tyler Frost is Olivia’s younger brother. He’s three years younger than Olivia and was rather babied by Olivia from the time he was born. Olivia had been more a mother to him since their step-mother, Tyler’s mother, died out in the field with their father.
Years in Camp:
Three years
Brief History:
Olivia was born in a small town in Switzerland. The town was located in the mountains, so there was snow almost all year round. Olivia grew up in cold weather, and at the time, being covered in frost like the rest of the villagers, she believed herself to be normal. However, when the family moved from their home town to New York for Mr. Frost’s work, Olivia quickly found out she was far more different than the rest of the world. Her lips were almost always tinted blue along with the tips of her fingers, as though she was frozen to the bone. She found that even in the warmest of weather, her skin was cold to the touch and often made others cold when they got too near to her. She was mocked in school but also feared for how frozen she seemed to be.
When Tyler’s mother and Olivia’s step mother died, Lisa Frost, Olivia took the role as mother for young Tyler. She helped the nanny to raise him from the time he was little. Lisa Frost froze to death and at the time, when they were still in Switzerland, everyone believed it to be the fault of the cold, harsh winters. But Olivia knew better. She knew that it was her fault her step mother was dead, but she told no one.
However, when Olivia realized who she was and that she was a danger to Tyler, she was forced to run away. Now and again Olivia will try to call Tyler with an Iris message, but he never responds.
Olivia arrived at camp when she was 13 years old. She was claimed almost immediately and has been at camp ever since.
Physical Appearance:
Olivia has a rather hauntingly beautiful appearance. She wouldn’t be described as an ideal beauty, but there’s still some capturing aura about her that causes people to stop and stare. She stands at about 5’7” in height. Olivia has a thin, rather boyish figure, rather than having curves like most teenage girls. However, this boyish figure only adds to her strange, haunting beauty. Olivia has long, gangly arms and limbs and a short, stout torso. Olivia’s arms and legs are considered “toothpick thin” and appear as though they will snap like twigs with any sort of pressure. Because of that, she isn’t very strong or muscular. Her hands and fingers are long and claw-like.
Olivia’s skin is pale and is always as cold as ice. She hardly has any color in her face other than the apples of her cheeks from time to time. Her lips and finger tips are almost always tinted blue, as though she’s frozen solid. This is what makes everyone wary of her, because of her icy appearance.
Olivia has an oval shaped face. Her nose is a bit on the larger scale, but it wouldn’t be considered a beak. She has strong, prominent cheek bones, which is part of her Swiss heritage. Her eyes are thin and long. They are framed by her dark eye lashes and often different colors of eyeshadow. Her irises are a bright, shining shade of and ice blue. When you stare into them, they almost make you feel as though you’ve become colder. Olivia often doesn’t show much expression in her face, however, that’s only because she doesn’t want to. When she wants to lighten up, she does.
Olivia has long, dark blonde hair. It’s very thin and wavy And reaches almost down to the small of her back. Her hair is darker and lighter in various places and depending on where you look in her hair the color could be considered blonde, light brown or strawberry blonde. This is simply from natural color variation and sun exposure. Olivia has long bangs that she often keeps tucked behind her slightly crooked ears.
Olivia tends to wear winter-like clothing because the atmosphere around her almost always is below freezing and sometimes her cold temperatures can even cause snow. However, it will only snow around her. To stay warm from herself, she usually wears coats and long pants and boots. She doesn’t need to wear these things, since she hardly ever feels as cold as she actually is, but she chooses to wear them anyway.
Personality:
Olivia is rather cold, unemotional, and calloused. She doesn’t show much expression in anything, but that’s a conscious choice. She is independent. Ever since she was the one with the responsibility of taking care of her younger brother, she has never believed that she needed anyone else to help her. She’ll simply respond with “I can do it myself” or “I’ve got it handled” and wave away the offer of help dismissively. Olivia also never believes that she needs any friends, she’ll come up with excuses that she prefers to be alone or she doesn’t need anyone else, but those are all just covers. The truth is, any friend she makes leaves in an instant when they realize how dangerous and uncontrollable her abilities are. She keeps herself away from people to try and make sure she doesn’t hurt anyone.
Olivia, since she was made fun of for her “frosty” appearance, handles rudeness quiet well. She simply gives a dry, indifferent remark on the subject and walks away. However, on the inside, she is criticizing herself for her curse more than anyone else ever had.
Olivia, while she doesn’t seem it, is very caring and loyal. She does have a caring heart towards people, but because of her uncontrollable powers, she attempts to keep them away with biting, dry remarks, indifference, and simply an unfriendly nature.
Olivia is very dedicated. Everyday she trains and trains to try and master her abilities so she may one day return home to her brother, but her efforts, for the past three years, have failed.
Olivia always puts others first. She could go around and simply let others face the consequences of continued exposure to her, but she doesn’t. She takes the rude remarks people give, the rumors and the snickers to keep everyone safe from harm and safe from the painful death her step-mother had.
Fatal Flaw:
Olivia’s fatal flaw is that she puts other before herself. She suffers so much for people that don’t even like her and doesn’t say a work about it. She simply tells herself ‘it’s for the best’ and ‘if they knew they’d understand’. She obsesses over keeping everyone safe from her so much that she sometimes forgets to care for herself.
Pets:
Spoiler:
Olivia has a single companion that is immune to her icy curse. It’s a small, female, arctic fox that she fondly calls Blanca. Blanca was brought back by her father on one of his trips. She was a wounded, abandoned fox pup that Allan Frost took in and nursed back to health. He then brought the arctic fox back to be Olivia’s pet. Olivia found that she could communicate telepathically with Blanca and that the fox was immune to her powers, so that fox soon became her only true friend and loyal companion.
Talents:
• Hyperfreeze
.......This is her main “talent”, though she views it as a curse. When she has any sort of contact (any kind of physical contact) with any living thing for more than five seconds, a poisonous ice that dwells within the top layers of her skin seeps through and into the victim’s blood stream. It then begins to attack the vital organs and freezes the victim from the inside out. If the victim is exposed to extreme heat while the ice is active, the ice will melt and be flushed out of their system. That’s the only cure to stopping the poisonous, spreading ice. Because of this icy curse she does not have contact with any living thing.
• Atmospheric Difference
.......The atmosphere within a one meter radius of her, at all times, is like winter.. It’s often below 20º. Her presence often brings light layers of snow and ice, which is why she wears wintery clothes all the time.
• Ice and Snow control
.......Olivia is able to control both ice and snow. She can morph the two elements into different shades and often uses them to make her weapons. The control of snow is minor at the moment, but she has almost mastered ice. She can not, however, simply form ice out of mid air. She can to have snow or water to create the ice, but because of the Atmospheric Difference that she causes, a lack of ice of snow is never a problem.
Weapons:
Olivia does not have one specific weapon. She simply makes each of them out of ice. She also isn’t very strong, so most weapons are too heavy for her to handle, so she tends to simply rely on her control over ice to win battles that she’s in.
Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round
Other:
Olivia hates her middle name, so she never shares it with anyone.

Olivia's post layout:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Angel's Characters. OliverTateOrcan
Angel's Characters. Oliver

Birthday:
December 21, 1993
Godly Parent :
Nyx, goddess of the night.
Claimed:
Yes, Oliver has been claimed for quite a while now.
Mortal Family:
"They say you're supposed to appreciate your family, because they're the only ones you'll have. For me, it's different. I've had enough families for an eternity, thank you. In fact, I've had enough eternity for an eternity.."
Oliver has had quite a few mortal families, considering his past. They're all the same according to him. However, there are a few that stood out as different from the others. His first father that he remembers. Alexander Smitke. Or his step-mother a few lives back, Yolone Hardridge. But these ones? They're all the same as the others. It's not really anything special.

Gregory Orcan: Gregory Orcan has tried his best to raise Oliver, but ever since we was little, Oliver has acted as though he was smarter than him. And often times, he was. Oliver knew things that Gregory couldn't even dream about where in the world he had learned them. "Oli is special.." Gregory would say to the people who questioned how a two year old could be so intelligent.
    "What's to say? He's like every other father I've ever had. They all wonder how I got so smart. Mother never tells them either... Which is simply peculiar. I would tell the man that got me pregnant that their baby has been "alive" for over three-hundred and fifty years. However, despite every father treating me exactly the same, she never does it. Does she think they'll change? Every single parent I've ever had has treated me like a freak. They've never been excited that their child has a higher IQ then they do, it's always the same. There's nothing new to say. I've seen it all,"

Axel Orcan: Axel is a rambunctious, loud, often annoying little brother. He's ten years younger than Oliver, so the age difference often makes Axel more and more annoying. Axel doesn't have much memory of Oliver, since he left for the Wolf House and Camp at such a young age. To Axel, Oliver is a distant memory of a brother, one that he often wonders about. But to Oliver, Axel is just another brother. He's had plenty of them to learn that they don't ever really care about their siblings.
    "Axel is just like dad. Just another family member. He's my little brother in this life and is loud, obnoxious, and hyper 24/7. He still is, too. I have to say, since I left for camp, not much has changed around home. And there's nothing wrong with checking in sometimes. Even after having so many families, you wonder if your current family ever wonders where you went. I know Axel does, he asks dad about me a lot. But dad always gives the same answer. "He's away at a special boarding school. He'll visit soon I'm sure." Sometimes I wonder if he's even convinced himself of that.."

Anna Orcan: Anna is Oliver's little sister. She's the youngest in the family at 5 years of age, which is 12 years younger than Oliver. She's quite the little princess and, as usual, is Oliver's soft spot. Every life Oliver seems to have a little sister that, despite all of his "it's just another family" beliefs, becomes his favorite sibling. However, with this life, Oliver has hardly gotten any chance to spend time with Anna. While he knows what she's like, the chances of her knowing him are very slim.
    "Anna is my baby sister. Man...everytime there's always that little sister that I just can't help but adore. Anyways, I know what Anna is like, but since she hasn't seen me since she was a baby, I have to wonder if she even knows who I am. Sometimes I want to leave and visit her, but Camp has never allowed it, and never will. So the best I can do is simply watch from a hidden distance and hope that maybe dad has mentioned me. If not, maybe she's better off that way,"

Years in Camp:
Seven years
Brief History:
Oliver's past is one that's far more complicated than most. Oliver has been cursed since the first day he was born, December 21, 1859. His curse came from his descendant from long, long ago. His name was Sisyphus. Sisyphus, after trying to cheat death, was forced to roll a bolder up a hill, only to watch it fall down, for all eternity. Well it turns out, before Sisyphus was sentenced to his eternal work, he had a child. Hundreds of years later, the very first demigod descendant of Sisyphus was born. Persephone, being outraged that the blood line had survived for so long and now was full of godly blood, sentenced the boy to an eternal suffering as well. Though not in the way that you'd think. Every time Oliver dies, rather than remaining dead, he is thrust back into life. His physical appearance and his first and middle name remain the same in ever life. No matter how many times he dies, he is never able to rest in peace.
"My life? Ha...that's a very, very long story...If you really want to hear it, I guess I should start from the beginning. My very first life."

First Life: Born in Italy in 1859. Oliver Tate Smitke. Died of tuberculosis at age 13.
    "I guess that maybe my mother decided that I should have another chance at life or something? To be honest, I'm not sure. But this is the first life I can remember and it's where all hell started.
    I was born in Italy in the year 1859. Nothing exciting was really happening at the time, at least not that someone my age would notice. Though that doesn't really matter. My father was the only one to raise me. His name was Alexander Smitke. He wasn't anything really special. He was an artisan. He molded pots and wove baskets and sold them in the market to try and buy food for me and my little sister, who was only 4 when I was turning 10. A little bit after my 12th birthday, I came down with a severe case of tuberculosis. I struggled on and off with it for a little over a year. I died four months after I turned 13. Then, I was taken to the Underworld. It was there that I learned who I was, though, at the time, I thought it was a little late.
    Sometimes I wonder why I was put into the Fields of Asphodel...I almost feel like they put me there knowing they'd need to grab me quickly and throw back into a body. I spent time there, remembering my life, unlike most of the souls wandering there. It was dark and depressing. Time didn't exist for anyone there. An eternity could feel like one, or it could feel like mere minutes. I wasn't exactly sure how long I was there, but, before I knew it, I was being dragged away. I knew that people got he chance to be reborn, but I thought it was w choice. This was not. My soul, memories and all, were thrown back into another body. Same first and middle name, same mother, same face. At that time, it was the year 1876. I had been in the Underworld for two years."

Second Life: Born in England in 1874. Oliver Tate Turner. Accused of being a sorcerer and hanged for his "crimes" at age 32.
    "My second life was an interesting one. I actually lived long enough to go through puberty and get married and even have a child of my own. The worst thing about having to remember your lives, is having to remember the ones you lost and the ones you loved but can never see again.
    In my second life, I was born in England in the year 1874. My name was Oliver Tate Turner at the time. My father was named William Mark Turner and he was a scholar and taught people how to read and write. He died when I was young and my best friend's family at the time took me in. Her name was Penelope Jennings and her parents' names were Maria and Frankfurt Jennings. Penelope and I grew up together starting when I was 9. By 18, I had fallen madly in love with her. She still is the love of my life. I thought 'This is great I got a second chance! This is the woman I was supposed to meet! This is why I was brought back! To find love.' It was cheesy, but it made sense at the time. When I was 21 and she was 20, I asked her to be my wife. She said yes and we married straight away. I was incredibly happy. And that contentment grew when Penelope became pregnant with our first child. A boy we named Matthew Turner. But then rumors started spreading. Someone had discovered an old snapshot of me in my previous life as well as the records of my death. They started calling me a demon. A witch. A sorcerer. I tried to flee, but they threatened my sweet. They threatened my dear Penelope and my little boy. I knew I couldn't continue to live if they died. I went with them and after a trial, I was found guilty of doing illegal magic. And I was hanged for my crimes. I saw my love in the Fields of Asphodel not long after... But she had no memory of me. I watched her soul from afar, wondering if one day she'd remember. But she never did... And my baby boy, Matthew. I never saw him again or knew what became of him. That's my family. Them and no other. I will always be faithful to my dearest Penelope. And I will continue to search for any record of my little boy until the day I die forever."

Third life: Born in Ireland in 1904. Oliver Tate Hardridge. Died of old age at 53.
    "My third life was incredibly dull. It was 1904 when I was thrust from my peace into the Underworld into the real hell on earth. This time, I was born in Ireland and my name was Oliver Tate Hardridge. I was born to my father and my step-mother, Thomas and Yolone Hardridge. They had immigrated to Ireland from England a few years before I was born. I grew up on a farm, starting out in a depression from losing the love of my lives. My parents were concerned at first. I never spoke much or had any sort of emotion to my way of living. After a while, they just started to think that was my personality. Sometimes I wonder if they ever really knew who I was. Sometimes I wonder that with all of my parents... Do they know that I'm technically old enough to be their great-great-grandfather? Or do they go on thinking I'm completely normal?
    Anyways, I grew up on their farm, doing work with the cows and selling the meat and milk we got every year. After my father died, it was just me and my step-mother to care for the barn. She never really did much to begin with, so it was just me. Eventually, she died as well and I inherited the farm, whether I wanted it or not. Though I never married in this life, nor did I have children. I was also the only child, so, eventually, I sold the farm. By then I was 52 and retired. This was the longest I had ever lived, and it was exhausting. I died not long after my retirement at the age of 53. It, like the rest of this life, was a boring death in my sleep."

Fourth life: Born in England in 1957. Oliver Tate Garason. Shot to death at age 23.
    "For this life I found myself back in England. At this point, I was tired of being thrown back into life. I didn't want to have a new life anymore, I just wanted to rest in peace. I started to act out, which made my guardians at the time, my father's grandparents, baffled. I didn't listen to anyone and purposefully tried to get myself injured or killed. At the time, I didn't have the guts to do it myself. I tried multiple times, but I could never go through with it. I wanted to, but something just kept holding me back.
    By the time I was 18, I was hated by most people in the area. I tried to break laws and harass people, hoping they'd, in self-defense, kill me. Well, after 23 years of trying, my actions proved successful. I shot at a police officer, purposefully missing of course, and, in self-defense, he discharged his weapon straight into my abdomen. It was a quick death, but painful. I was alive for a few minutes, at first in shock, but then realizing that I had been shot.
    I spent two years in the Underworld after this life."

Fifth life: Born in New York in 1980. Oliver Tate Hyell. Committed suicide at age 18.
    "This was the first life where I was born in America. My name was Oliver Tate Hyell (pronounced "Hill") My family had just moved to New York from Russia before I was born. After three years of living in America, my father and mother had me on American soil, making this the first life as an American citizen. I grew up with my father's Russian accent, though it faded as I grew older. At this point in my lives, I was ready to die and stay dead. I grew up in a depressed state, just wanting to end it all. But I didn't at first because I knew I'd be back. It wouldn't do any good because I'd be reborn. However, after growing up being teased for being Russian, living in a poor family, scavenging for food like a raccoon, and watching both of my parents die, I decided enough was enough. However, my breaking point was my little sister. Every life I'm in seems to have a baby sister that I care for more than myself. Sometimes I wonder if she's reborn too, but then I realize that she's only my half-sister. She was the only thing that was keeping my alive. She was seven and I was sixteen. I couldn't just leave her alone, and I certainly didn't want her to die with me. However, this problem didn't last long. She died a year later in a car crash and I committed suicide at the age of 18. It wasn't very smart, but I just wanted to stay dead. "

Sixth life: Born in Oklahoma in 1993. Oliver Tate Orcan. Still living.
    "My sixth life, and current life, has always been an interesting one. Throughout my lifetime, I've watched technology and society grow, thrive and change. This was especially evident during the 90s. Technology like cell phones, computers and televisions boomed in the industry and soon grew more and more detailed with every passing year. My family was, or I suppose is, nice enough. MY dad, my mother, who remains Nyx in every life, my little sister, and my little brother were my family in this life. At this point, I already knew about the curse, had done research on it and knew why I was being punished by Persephone. I had also learned about Camp Half-Blood. I had visited there my previous life, but I left soon after because I knew I didn't want to stay. However, it was wrong of me to try and end my life, despite what I'm being put through. I lived with my father, sister and brother until I was ten but then I soon left for Camp Half-Blood. I never tell anyone my secret, though I have a feeling Chiron does indeed know my secret.
    After spending 10 years in Oklahoma, I explained to my father that I knew my mother was a goddess and he sent me off to Camp. My first years were rather dull. I didn't really talk to many people. I'd simply sit and think upon my memories fondly. After never responding to anyone when spoken to, people just began to leave me alone. I did sincerely prefer this. After living for so long and remembering all of it, you learn that everyone is essentially the same...
    So now here we are. Stuck in my sixth life. Sometimes it's hard to go back and remember all of this. To remember my dear Penelope and my little baby boy... But I suppose this is part of my past now. No use dwelling on it. "

Physical Appearance:
Oliver does sort of have that "Nyx" appearance about him. Dark hair, dark eyes, foreboding expression. The usual. Oliver stands at about 5'10" in height, being in the average height for males now-a-days. Sometimes he yearns to be taller, but the wishes fade quickly. Oliver has a slightly muscular, though not particularly buff, figure. He has muscles, mostly in his arms, though they aren't particularly defined there or anywhere else. Oliver's hands and feet are both quite large and the few people that do say something to him will usually point out these oversized extremities.
Oliver has shortly cropped black hair. It curls a bit in some places but usually remains more spiky than anything. Oliver almost always keeps his hair short, since he never has to do any work to it. Oliver has large sideburns that reach to almost the bottom of his ear. He has slight facial hair, mostly on his chin, but other than that remains baby smooth. Oliver has dark, thick eyebrows. They remain nicely shaped naturally and are often knit together in a thoughtful expression.
Oliver has an oval shaped face. His chin comes to a dull, rounded point that leads into his slanted jaw lines. Rather than having the masculine, manly square jaw line, Oliver has a more feminine bone structure as far as his facial features go. This doesn't really bother him much anymore, though it used to. Oliver has a medium sized, almost pixie-like nose that curves upward at the tip. His lips are also a bit more feminine than most, though this doesn't make Oliver any less attractive. He simply looks "pretty" rather than "manly" and after so long, his appearance no longer bothers him much.
Oliver's eyes are framed by thin, dark lashes. His irises are dark brown, almost pure black in color. Unless you shine a light directly in them, you can't tell the difference between iris and pupil. His eyes often appear to show his entire past in them, since Oliver has never been good at hiding his emotions. His face can remain emotionless, but his eyes tell his entire story.
Oliver, throughout all of his lives, has always dressed in the "modern" clothing of that time period. Back in the 1800s it was coats and dress pants and then as time went on it became more and more casual as well as being acceptable to wear jeans. Oliver now wears button up shirts, usually with the top buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a pair of jeans and one of the only pairs of shoes that he was able to find that actually fit his feet, his black, hightop converse. Oliver tends to wear darker colors, grays, black, blues etc. He doesn't want to stand out, so he simply tries to blend in with the shadows. Oliver also has size 12 gauges, though he doesn't plan on going larger than 12, simply because he believes they start to look tacky and overdone.
Personality:
Oliver has a very reserved personality. He remains generally quiet, doesn't talk to many people, and prefers to keep to himself. Oliver also prefers to be alone and tends to slunk away into the shadows. Even if someone talks to him, he'll hardly ever reply back. If, by chance, he does give a reply, it will simply be a small sentence and then he'll walk away.
Oliver tends to keep to himself. He doesn't enjoy people, talking, crowds or anything having to do with other beings around him or attempting to interact with him. He can easily be described as a wall flower and someone who enjoys being on the outside. This reserved personality, for one reason or another, attracts girls to him like bees to honey. They believe him to be mysterious and troubled, though why he is unsure. Perhaps it's because he's a man of few words? Or maybe it's the dark hair... Either way, Oliver tries to avoid girls like this as much as possible since he doesn't like the attention.
Oliver is one to try and blend in and fade into the background. He doesn't like attention. He doesn't like being focused on. That being said, Oliver has never been good at speaking in public. If people are focused on him, all he wants to do is stop talking and fade into the shadows. This may cause Oliver to be described as shy, but he isn't. He has no problem talking if he has to, but he doesn't like to and doesn't like to be the center of attention.
Oliver is polite, gentlemanly, and chivalrous. Since he was born in an older time period, Oliver simply learned how to be polite and act like a gentleman. Opening doors for people, saying thank you, the little things that people now-a-days don't really take the time to do. He also moves at a slower pace. Oliver doesn't rush here, rush there, rush everywhere mentality that modern people do. He takes his time, sees the sights, and moves at a slower speed than the rest of the world. Because of this polite, chivalrous, gentlemanly personality, girls often continue to find him attractive.
Oliver is loyal. Although it may be hard for Oliver to allow you to become his friend, once you are, he's always there for you. Through thick and thin he'll do whatever he can to help you no matter what. His loyalty is a redeeming quality of himself that he often takes for granted.
Oliver has a kind heart. Oliver always believe in second chances, since he is, indeed, the living proof of second, third, and fourth chances. This plus his kind nature to accept anyone to matter what they look like, act like, or what they're dealing with gives him the kind, generous heart that he's been told he has. Penelope always used to tell him he was "sensitive", but Oliver never understood her meaning.
Despite the rough, calloused, reserve, and often cynical exterior, Oliver had a kind, sweet, polite, generous, and all around good tempered nature about him that, though it's hidden deep inside, is still there to this day. It may take some work to reach after all of his loss and his "I'm indifferent" facade, but once you are able to dig down deep enough and earn enough of his trust you will have a friend for life, or maybe even longer.
Fatal Flaw:
Oliver's fatal flaw is how he always dwells on his past. He travels back into his memories, remembering happy times in his lives and yearning to go back. He's stuck in the past rather than realizing he's in the present.
Pets:
Oliver doesn't have any pets.
Talents:
Rather than being extremely powerful after being "alive" for so long, Oliver's fighting and combat abilities remain rather limited and weak considering how long he's had to master them. The thing about being reborn is that you aren't just born with your skills in that past life. You have to relearn for to speak, write, and use combat methods, handle weapons, and learn your special abilities. While one may remember how to do certain things, they have to start from square one. Only memories remain. So, rather than being immensely talented, Oliver has to start over with every new life and after so many years to relearning, Oliver got tired of learning so abilities he may have had in the past he has yet to teach himself to execute now.

Weaponry:
    Oliver's talents are generally limited. He has a basic knowledge of most weapons, swords, daggers, archery, etc. However, his best weapon is a spear. Throughout the years, Oliver has become an exceptionally talented spears-man. All other weapons remain at a mediocre skill level.

Shadow-Based Powers:
    Oliver has minor control over shadows and darkness, but since he does have to relearn his abilities during every life, he tends to neglect this power. He could become stronger in his shadow manipulation, but never puts in the effort.
    Oliver has never been able to shadow travel, though. He's attempted to do so in the past, but he never reaches his destination before he seriously damages his energy with this strong power.

Weapons:
Oliver, since his third life, has hidden a spear near where his past life's body was buried. Every new life, when he gets the chance, he travels to that spot and digs up the spear so that he can continue to use it. The spear has a mixture of birch wood and oak wood handle and a celestial bronze tip. Oliver has different sets of tips for his spear. One that injects poison, one that acts as a lighter of sorts and ignites what it hits, and one that freezes what it hits. He doesn't use these special tips much, since he does have a limited number of them. Usually Oliver uses his normal tip.
Other:
Oliver is not open for dibs.

Post Layout:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Angel's Characters. Dionysus
Character you're applying for:
Dionysus, or The dreaded Mr. D

Brief description of the character:
Physical appearance:
Short, plump and generally unattractive, Dionysus is a man that obviously doesn’t care about physical appearances. He stands at only 4’11” in height, a trait which is often passed on to his children. Dionysus is rather rotund. His stomach bulges and he has rather chubby cheeks. Dionysus’s limbs are stout and are not very muscular.
Dionysus has long, dark hair. It reaches a bit past his ears and appears to be a bit greasy most of the time. Dionysus has a rather scruffly beard that wraps around his face. Since he tends to stay unshaven, he has the beard most of the time.
Dionysus’s most attractive features are, without a doubt, his eyes. Purple and vibrant in color they appear as though they are two fresh glasses of wine. His big, round eyes are framed by his rather thin, dark lashes. Sitting about his eyes are his rather dark, bushy eyebrows, which are often furrowed out of irritation. Sitting between his eyes is his, surprisingly, small, round, button nose. Dionysus has thin, often wine stained lips that are either turned up in a smirk or more commonly down in a scowl.
Dionysus is often clad in fine robes. Usually made of silk or some kind of fur, Dionysus enjoys rather “fancy” clothing. Since he can not have wine, he might as well dress well. Dionysus wears a headband, woven out of grape vines, on his head at almost all times.
Personality:
Dionysus can often be described as bitter, like sour grapes. He has a rather bad attitude since Zeus is forcing him to be Camp Director, without the help of the wine he loves so dearly. Dionysus is harsh, sarcastic, and judgmental. Because of his bad attitude, he is often hated by most of the campers, including some of his own children.
Dionysus enjoys finding something that annoys a certain person and simply using it and using it to try and make them tick. A perfect example would be that he pretends to never get Percy Jackson’s name right.
Dionysus enjoys sarcastic comments. He’ll often snap back with some witty, rude remark. However, while he is able to give out sarcasm and rude behavior, he doesn’t tolerate it when others give it back to him. His temper will often flare up and when that happens his face begins to turn red, like a strawberry.
While Dionysus is rude and judgmental, he does have a soft spot for his children. He cares for all of them, but hardly ever shows it. Dionysus does not let this vulnerable side of himself show very often. However, he does have a special place in his, rather shriveled up, heart for his children.
Dionysus has a hard time expressing emotions other than anger and irritation. He tends to bottle those up, sealing them like a bottle of wine from the 1960s and putting them into the back of his mind, as though they never occurred in the first place. Dionysus doesn’t know how to deal with emotions like happiness and love. So he keeps that part of him away by wearing a facade of rudeness and cruelty. He’s rather misunderstood, like most of his children.

Sample Roleplay:
Dionysus sat in his office, leaning back in his chair with a sigh. He wore is usual decorative, silk robe along with his usual grape vine headband. He grumbled irritably to himself and his usual scowl was plastered across his rotund face. He reached for his glass of water. He dipped his finger into the cool liquid, watching as it turned purple in color. Just as Dionysus brought the glass of freshly made wine to his lips, thunder rumbled in the distance. Dionysus growled. “Fine! Fine! No wine!” he bellowed. Dionysus waved his hand above the glass and just as quickly as it came, the wine turned back into water. ‘Stupid no wine rule...what am I supposed to do? I’m the god of wine! What else do I have?!’ he thought, continuing to complain about his father’s idiotic forbiddance of wine. ‘What’s next? You gonna forbid the Apollo kids from playing music and healing?’ he thought, crossing his short arms defiantly. He looked like a three year old that wasn’t allowed to by candy from the store.
Dionysus snapped out of his own thoughts as a knock came at his door. “Yes, yes come in, come in. But don’t knock too hard on that door, it’s mahogany!” he said in a rather loud tone. As usual it was come random camper he didn’t know, nor care about.
“Mr. D?” the young camper asked.
Dionysus arched a bushy eyebrow. “Yes yes, what is it? Ask you question and be on your way..” he said.
“I was sent here to see when the next sing-a-long would be?”
“...Is that your question? Well alright, the next sing-a-long, as usual, will be on the first sunday of the month. Mark that on your calender because it’s always the same day,” he said, waggling his sausage-like finger at the camper.
‘Honestly...these campers..’ he thought, taking a sip of the water. He made a sour face. “Ugh...” he said in disgust. ‘Why can’t I have wine?!’ he thought, slamming the glass down on the table. Dionysus stuck his finger in the water and it, once again, turned into a crimson-purple liquid. Thunder rumbled once again and Dionysus scowled. “It’s grape juice!” he hollered.
“Might not want to be so testy with Zeus there, Dionysus..” said a voice the god of wine would recognize anywhere. Chiron.
“I’ve got it handled..” Dionysus said dismissively.
“We got a new camper today..” Chiron said. He was in his centaur form, rather than his disabled, wheel chair disguise.
Dionysus studied the centaur a moment before he shrugged his round shoulders. “Why should I care?” he asked.
“She looks like one of yours..” Chiron said. Chiron clip-clopped towards the tall, mahogany door, letting it swing open. There stood a girl. She was short, petite with a scowl on her face. She had platinum blonde hair with purple and crimson bangs. Like Dionysus, she had striking purple eyes.
Dionysus stood up abruptly. “Mary-Lu..” he said.
“My name is Bellinda!” the girl bellowed, clenching her tiny fists.
Chiron cleared his throat, turning to the girl. “I’ll...let you take care of this one, Dionysus..” he said before he trotted out of the room.
Bellinda watched the centaur go before she turned to the stout man. “Listen...I don’t know who you are, but I was told to come here. So I did. Now what is this place?!” she asked, stomping her foot.
Dionysus frowned, studying the girl a moment. Rather than snapping at her with a sarcastic comment, he sighed, shaking his head. “This is Camp Half-Blood...umm...you should go find Chiron. He’ll explain this..better..” he said, scratching his dark hair.
Bellinda rolled her eyes. “Whatever..” she muttered, walking out of the room to find the centaur.
Dionysus watched her go before he sat down in his chair again. “Oi...” he said, taking a drink of the grape juice. Dionysus had never been good around his children. Should he be kind? No...that’s favoritism.. But why should he care?
Dionysus rubbed his temples. “What I wouldn’t give for alcohol right now..” he muttered, glaring at the glass of grape juice.

Why do you deserve/want to roleplay this character?
I find Dionysus to be one of the most misunderstood characters in all of the canons. Yes, he’s rude, harsh and judgmental, but he has a soft side that he doesn’t particularly know how to deal with. Much like my main character, Bellinda (who I used in the sample roleplay.) Because I’ve roleplayed Bellinda for so long, I’ve learned how to develop someone like her. It’s a delicate balance to roleplay a character like this. You have to know when to have the nicer side of them show or the meaner side.
I believe, or hope I suppose, I understand the character of Dionysus well. He’s quite complex, much more than I had originally anticipated. He’s sarcastic, crude, harsh, mean...but has a soft spot for his children and a vulnerability that he finds difficult to show.
I think I’ve proven myself to be a generally good roleplayer and I hope that you’ll give me the opportunity to roleplay the dreaded, Mr. D.
Thank you,
Angel.

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Angel's Characters. Tumblr_lw286aL3vo1r0wbtwo1_500
Angel's Characters. Tumblr_lv3bclsjEd1qbm4md
Angel's Characters. Tumblr_lw2fkxlDln1r0vax7o1_500
Angel's Characters. Artemis

Character you're applying for:
    ArtemisἌρτεμις, maiden goddess of the hunt, wilderness, animals, childbirth and plague.
Brief description of the character:
    Physical Appearance: Artemis is short. She stands at about 5’4” in height, something his brother Apollo often teases her for, though she doesn’t care. She keeps the appearance of a young girl and tends to look as though she’s about 15-16 years of age, if not younger from time to time. Her frame is thin and petite, but muscular. From archery she has gained strong arm, upper body and leg muscles, since it takes your entire body to shoot a bow. Artemis has long arms and legs. Her hands are dainty and feminine and don’t look like they could wield a bow.
    Her hair is long and reaches to her mid back, but she ties it up on a thick braid to keep it out of her way. Her hair appears to be brown, but in the light it is obviously tinted red. Her hair is naturally curly and wavy. It flips and curls into ringlets when she wears it down, though that hardly ever happens.
    Artemis’s eyes are deep green in color, like the forest. Around her pupil is a deep shade of gold that fades to hazel. With the coming of the night, the flecks of silver and gray can be seen in her irises, like stars. Artemis’s skiin is lightly tanned from her time outdoors, though it’s hard to tell, since it’s often covered in dirt and grime. Her face is round with a pointed chin and high, defined cheek bones.
    Artemis isn’t one to care about appearances. She doesn’t care that she has dirt on her face or cuts and bruises on her skin, since she isn’t out to impress anyone. Though when she does put work into her appearance, such has when she attends scheduled meetings at Olympus, she is quite beautiful.
    Personality: Artemis is very closed off by nature, except to her huntresses. She keeps a stiff upper lip, doesn’t ask for help, and may be a bit too stubborn for her own good. Artemis doesn’t share her feelings easily, since she wants to stay strong, or appear to that is. She keeps her weaknesses and fears bottled up and lets them out by hunting or shooting her bow. Sadness and fear, to her, shows weakness. And she has to be strong for her huntresses. Even though they look at her with awe, Artemis often admires all of them for the work that they do. She has respect for every single one of them. While she may have a hard time conveying it, Artemis is very proud of her group.
    Artemis is very stubborn. Once she puts her mind to a task or believes that something should be done, she is determined to see it through. Even if something is more than likely to fail, she has to keep pushing through. She's a very prideful goddess, though not obnoxiously so. She simply has pride in herself, her hunters, and females in general and she often neglects the males as a result. She already restricts men from her hunters group, but she can portray that males in general are "beneath her". Though she doesn't truly believe it, her pride in herself and those around her makes it seem like she has little to no faith in men. (though sometimes this is a little true.)
    Artemis is very tactical and good at thinking on her feet. Her mind moves swiftly and easily flits from one thought, or move, to the next. Because she's a hunter, she has to think at least four steps ahead of her opponent, and she's very good at doing so. She can analyze movements as well as habits to help determine what the enemy is going to do next. It doesn't take her long to think things through, since her mind works so quickly. But sometimes, even though she has thought something through, she regrets her decision later.
    She has difficulty dealing with regular emotions. She's blocked out emotions like love and pure happiness. They still exist to her, but not in the normal "female ways". Since she is a maiden goddess, she has sworn to remain that way and therefore does not ever think of men or gods in that kind of way. Instead she feels love and happiness for her hunters and for the wilderness, rather than for men. however, she has a difficult time comprehending others who are able to use these emotions.
    The goddess has a difficult time trusting others to do things. She has faith in herself to complete a task, but she often loses faith in people very quickly. From time to time, even if she requests something from someone, she'll complete the same task herself just in case the other person decides not to finish it. She doesn't have trust issues, but she doesn't believe that people will always do what is asked of them, so she would rather be safe than sorry.
    Artemis is a naturally gifted leader. Even among those with more power than her, she simply has such a strong will that she takes charge without meaning to. She was born to help, guide and lead those who need her assistance.
    Overall, Artemis is stubborn, hard-headed, and prideful. But she is also kind and gentle towards her huntresses and animals, and she is trustworthy, even tempered, and kind. Even as a goddess, she has her flaws and weaknesses, but she accepts them and tries to use them to her advantage. Her stubborn, hard-headed, determined personality is what makes her a gifted hunter, and her patience doesn't hurt either. Her drive and need to finish tasks she's started helps her to succeed and try her hardest at any task, even if it's a daunting one. And her pride as well as her kind nature is what makes her such a gifted leader.
Sample Roleplay:
    A small strand of curly, dark reddish-brown hair fell into Artemis's deep forest green eyes. She brushed it away from her furrowed brow and stared down at her papers in concentration, though mostly in mild irritation. These maps were just so confusing now-a-days. She had an older map. One that she'd used for ages, and it worked perfectly well. It was simple and lightly colored and showed the forests, rivers and mountains. But it was burned in an attack on their campsite. All of the huntresses got out safely, but Artemis lost her map. This new one was shiny and laminated. It had lists of roads and names of towns, cities and states. And it cluttered the natural aspects of the map, which is all ARtemis cared about.
    Artemis was snapped out of her map-reading by a voice. "Lady Artemis, the girls sent me to see if you were ready to lead the hunt? We should head off soon. It's nearly dusk," the girl said. Artemis recognized her as one of her huntresses. Her name was Lydia. She was one of the younger girls among the group at the age of thirteen. Her hair was dark brown and curly and was always pulled back away from her face. She had large, round, dark brown eyes that looked like two pieces of coal. Artemis rose to her feet and poked her head out of the tent. "Hmm... Yes it is almost dusk," she murmured, realizing she'd lost more time than she realized trying to translate that blasted, modern map. The goddess glanced back at her desk and sighed, realizing she'd have to postpone her work for now. "Yes, I suppose we should be heading out," she said with a nod. Lydia smiled and nodded her head. "Would you like me to inform everyone?" she asked hopefully. Artemis smiled and patted the young girl's shoulder. "Yes, please do so." The girl scampered off happily, pleased that she had received a task from her leader.
    Artemis draped her pack of arrows over her shoulder and grasped her bow in her hand. It was quite a large bow for someone so small, but it was easy for her to manage. It was curved and made of birch wood. Carvings and markings were etched in the surface in decorative patterns. The goddess brushed the same loose strand of hair from before behind her ear and gave a nod of her head. She started out of her tent, wanting to gather their dinner as soon as possible. Her huntresses were waiting for her in an organized group. One, whose name was Emily, smiled wryly. "Did you figure out that map, Lady Artemis?" she asked. The other girls chuckled and grinned, turning to their leader. Artemis stiffened, attempting not to crack a smile. "It's a very difficult map.." she retorted. The group burst into fits of laughter and Artemis joined in. She enjoyed these fun moments with her hunters. They were the kind she looked back on and smiled at. The kind that made her laugh silently to herself when her mind drifted to those past moments.
    The laughing ceased after a few minutes and Artemis gave a nod of her head. "Come, we should begin," she said, raising her bow up a bit. She started into the forest and the girls followed close behind, automatically taking their ranks in an organized manner. The hunt had begun.
Why do you deserve/want to roleplay this character?
    I believe that I've proven myself over my year on this site. I think that I have the capability to roleplay a goddess, since I already roleplay a god. I hope that you liked my application! :3
    -Angel

Artemis' Post Layout:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:42 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm

D e c e a s e d || C h a r a c t e r s

Spoiler:

Angel's Characters. Tumblr_lnl26ui7PE1qicchko1_500
Ollie stomped up to his room, slamming the door closed. "Oliver! Oliver, you have to understand!" Ms. Thaxler called, knocking on the door. Ms. Thaxler was the woman who helped out with the orphanage. She was like a grandmother to the kids here.
Ollie threw his clothes into his bag. "Go away!" he yelled. Once again, he had been returned by his newest foster parents. "Oliver...why do you keep causing so much trouble?" Ms. Thaxler asked.
Ollie stopped in the middle of his packing. He walked over to the door and opened it. He stared up at the woman he had grown so used to. She was old, appearing to be in her late fifties. Her hair was black with strands of gray. She had laugh lines and various wrinkles across her face by age. Ollie glanced up at her. "I...I don't know why this stuff keeps happening. But I'm not causing it," Ollie said in a pleading voice. Ms Thaxler looked at Oliver with a sympathetic gaze. "Ollie...I'm very sorry for you bu-"
"I don't need your sympathy!" Oliver snapped. He had his bags packed with the few things he still owned. Ollie slung the bag over his shoulder and stepped towards the window.
"Oliver, what are you doing?" Ms. Thaxler asked in a slightly demanding voice.
Oliver stopped, keeping his back to the old woman. "Leaving.." he said rather bluntly. Without another word. Ollie pulled the window open and jumped out. Thankfully, his room was on the fire escape, so he simply climbed down. Ms. Thaxler stood at the window, demanding he come back inside. However, Oliver didn't listen. He just kept walking, not wanting another thing to do with that orphanage or the foster care system.

Name:
Oliver “Ollie” William Lawrenceson
Birthday:
October 17, 1995
Godly Parent:
Aether, god of the upper air and light
Mortal Parent:
Ophelia Lawrenceson
Years at Camp:
This is his first year at Camp Half-Blood
Brief History:
Ollie was born in New York City. His mother was a loving person. Flawed, but she tried her best. She worked constantly to try and keep her two children, Ollie and Marie, safe and healthy. Soon, desperate for money to keep her family well, Ophelia began doing illegal things. She became a drug dealer and smuggler, as well as the provider for other dealers, since she worked at a hospital as a nurse, pain killers were easy to come by. However, Ollie’s mother soon got involved with the wrong people. She began feeling bad, doing the illegal things she was doing. She attempted to stop, to cut herself and her buyers off. However, people who buy drugs don’t take rejection well.
They started threatening her. It wasn’t too bad at first. Menacing phone calls, threatening letters. Nothing too serious. However, soon people began to take things further. Her car windows were smashed, bricks were thrown into their house. And one day, someone took things a little too far. They took little Marie, Ollie’s younger sister, away from him and his mother. Ophelia was devastated. She soon fell into depression and locked herself away. Two months later, Ollie’s mother had killed herself, leaving Ollie alone.
Ollie began wandering the streets. He was young at that point, only being about seven years old. Ollie lived on the streets for five years. Every now and then, someone would take pity on him and invite him into their home or buy him dinner. It was a difficult life, but Ollie made the best of it. He was quite musically gifted, even as a young child. He’d perform for money, attempting to make enough to buy food for that day. However, one day, a police officer stopped him while he was performing.
“Did you know it’s illegal to solicit money in New York?” the officer had asked.
After questioning, the police learned that Ollie was an orphan with no home. Much to Ollie’s chagrin, they sent him into the foster care system. He was adopted a few times, but because of the growing threat of monsters, most believed him to be too much trouble. They “returned” him...as though he was a toaster from Wal•Mart.
Ollie escaped from the orphanage one day. He was tired of being rejected and decided that living on the streets was better. However, because he was 15 at this point, the threat of monsters had grown greater and greater.
Ollie was found by a group of demigods that were on a quest. They took him to Camp Half-Blood, where he found out he was a half-blood. He was claimed briefly after.
Physical Appearance:
Ollie stands at about 5’6” in height. He has a rather scrawny build, since having muscles is simply a dream for him. Ollie has thin, broad shoulders, gangly arms and legs and a long torso. He’s not extremely tall, but he does appear taller than he is because both his legs, arms, and torso is long. Ollie has big hands and big feet, which only look bigger because of his thin arms and legs.
Ollie has a long, round face. His nose is a bit larger, but doesn’t appear to be too big. He has lightly tanned skin from spending so much time outside, but still can be considered pale by today’s standards. Ollie has thin lips that are often turned up in a slight smile.
Ollie has deep, warm golden eyes, like the glow of the sun. It’s as if one gaze from them warms your entire body. Ollie’s eyes are thin and almond shaped. They are framed by thin, dark lashes. Above his eyes are his thick, dark brown eyebrows.
Ollie’s hair is short, dark brown, almost black. He hardly ever lets his hair gets long, since he finds it to be a hassle. He has bangs that brush across his forehead. However, none of his hair covered his eyes. His hair is very curly and wavy. It flips out in random places on his head, but he doesn’t care very much.
Ollie tends to wear simple clothing. Jeans and plaid t-shirts usually fill his wardrobe. The only unique thing about his clothing choice are his socks. He always wears interesting or “fun socks”. He’ll also often roll the very bottom of his pants up so that other’s can admire his socks.
Personality:
Ollie is calm, level headed, and kind. He tends to be rather soft spoken and can be considered shy and slightly awkward. He tends to get rather embarrassed around people. He gets very clumsy and ends up tripping over everything in sight, even simply his own two feet.
Ollie attempts to see the bright side of everything, which tends to make him a bit naive. He’ll see something bad and try and turn it into something good or helpful, this often makes others think he’s weird or strange. However, people simply refer to him as innocent or naive. Ollie, however, is far from it. He’s been through quite a bit, but simply chooses to look at the bright side. However, he doesn’t share his past with people. Whenever he does, they attempt to give him sympathy, but Ollie hates sympathy. That’s the one thing he gets mad at is when people feel bad for him.
Ollie is kind and had a light-hearted, goofy sense of humor. He enjoys sarcasm and puns, but not at other’s expense. He is simply a goofy, happy kid that chooses to be just as he is.
Ollie tends to bottle up his emotions and frustrations about his past. He simply goes deep into the forest or far away from other people to let his emotions out. He doesn’t like having people near when he lets loose and lets out his anger, he feels is makes him look weak. So, whenever he gets upset, he makes a goofy comment and puts on a facade of happiness until he is alone.
Fatal Flaw:
Ollie’s fatal flaw is his chosen innocence and naivety. He almost forces himself to look on the bright side of everything and try and pretend that evil and bad things don’t exist. This will, eventually, lead to his downfall. Whether it be metaphorical or literal downfall.
Pets:
Ollie doesn’t have a pet, however, he does love dogs. He’s always wanted a pet but could never afford to have one on his own.
Weapons:
Ollie has a simple, celestial bronze sword. It’s two feet long, double edged and nameless. Since he’s not much of a fighter, he doesn’t feel he needs a special weapon. However, if he needs to fight in battle, he does. Although, he’s not very good at it.
Talents:
Ollie does have minor light and air control abilities, however, he doesn’t know how to use them just yet. Ollie’s abilities are stronger during the day, but since he hasn’t really explored his powers yet, he had yet to learn the full extent of what he can do.
Other:
Ollie is a Year-Rounder. His initials spells “OWL”, which he hates. People often call him “Owl-boy”, “Owllie” or just plain “Owl”. However, he hates the fact that his initials spell “OWL”, so he refrains from telling people his full name as much as possible.

Angel's Characters. N_i_c_k__by_DealingHeart

Al heaved a sigh of relief as the final bell of the day rang through the hallways. 'Thank Zeus...' he thought, obviously pleased it was Friday. Al gathered his books and his black bag, slinging the thin strap over his muscular shoulder. He turned to exit the room, but stopped when a woman walked in and started towards him. He recognized her from the hospital his mother was in. Instantly, Al began to panic.
Why is she here?? Oh what are you saying, why else would she be here?! She's not just here to chat!
Something must me wrong.
Al tried to swallow his fear, but it simply got stuck in hi throat like a rubber ball.
"You're from the hospital, right?" Al asked. Maybe she wasn't from there...maybe she just looked like one of the nurses.
"Yes, I'm from the hospital."
Damn.
"You might want to go there and visit your mother. Her condition..." her voice trailed off and she sighed.
"It'd be best if you came down as soon as possible," she finished. There was a somber tone in her voice that made Al's skin crawl. But slowly, he nodded his head.
The drive down to the hospital seemed to draw on forever. It was as if time was slowed for only him while everyone else whizzed by without a care in the world. And of course, he got stuck behind the slowest drivers in New York.
Al stepped into his mother's room and almost fell apart right then. She looked...small and fragile. As if the slightest gust of wind would send her crumbling to dust. Al took in a deep breath and made his way over to her side.
He was silent for a moment as she turned her head to face him.
"I got a C+ on my math test today...and Ibrought those chips you like. The ones from the vending machine downstairs. I wasn't sure if you were hungry or not, but I brought them anyw-" Al was cut off as his mother's bony, shaking hand wrapped around his. The two just sat in silence, staring at eachother. The only sound that filled the room was the beeping of the heart beat monitor.
Maria Daniels stared up at her son. No longer a baby boy...not her baby boy anymore...
Her head lolled to the side and the grip on Al's hand loosened. The steady beeping of the monitor was now simply a continuous beep. Al was stunned, shocked.
Nurses rushed into the room, pushing Al aside and attempting to revive his mother with the crash cart.
Al simply stood there, staring at the hand that Maria Daniels had been holding no less than a minute ago. A bitter realization fell over Al. His mother was dead.
Al clenched his fist, feeling the veins on his neck bulging out and the years streaming down his cheeks. Al threw his fist forward and created a large, gaping whole in the wall. Most of it was now crumbling apart as cracks started to spread out from the large whole in the pale wall. The nurses simply stood there, staring at him in disbelief. Al scowled at them and left the hospital without another word.

Name:
Alcander "Al" Daniels
Birthday:
April 2, 1995
Godly Parent:
Ares, god of war.
Mortal Parent:
Maria Daniels.
Years at Camp:
Second year
History:
Al was born and raised in New York city. His mother was single most of his life, only dating a few, insignificant men now and again.
Al always helped his mother when he could. He had a lot of respect for her, since she raised him and his older sister alone after their father left.
Al was a bit of a trouble maker at school. He didn't want to cause trouble, it just sort of followed him around. After being kicked out of school again, Maria decided to tell Al of his heritage.
Al chose to stay behind to help his mother keep their lives together. Al's sister, Jovanna, who he never mentions, was more of a rebel than he was. She went out, got pregnant at a young age, had tattoos, piercings out the wazoo, and at sixteen, dropped out of school and ran away from home.
When Al turned fifteen, he began attracting more and more monsters. His mother was almost killed by a manticore attack. After that, Al decided that his mother would be safer if he went to Camp Half-Blood.
Before he entered the border to camp, he was hit in the head with a black, elastic band. Turned out that that band would be his most trusted sword. To this day, he still doesn't know who gave him the sword.
While at camp, Al found something he didn't expect to find. He met a girl named Kat. He soon fell head over heels for her. He would have stayed at camp year round, if it hadn't been for his mother's sudden serious condition. She was in a terrible car crash and was sent to the hospital with a cracked skull, major concussion, torn lung, broken ribs, fractured pelvis, and shattered knee cap.
After a full school year of his mother in the hospital, she passed away. The damage to her body was far too great. Al fell into a depression, but decided to return to camp.
Physical Appearance:
Alcander is tall, muscular, and has a rather harsh looking appearance. He has dark hair, dark eyes, and is often wearing an emotionless expression on his face.
Al is tall, standing at about 5'11" in height. He's rather muscular, since he did have a year of training at camp. When he first arrived, he was considered scrawny. But now, he has some pretty noticeable muscle in his arms, chest and legs. Al has strong, broad shoulder, short arms and legs, and a lengthy torso.
Al has a strong, slanted jaw line. He doesn't have the manly-looking square jaw like most of his siblings. He inherited his mother's facial structure with his heart shaped face, strong brow, and slightly dainty nose. Now that he has gotten a bit older, Al has begun to grow some stubble on his chin.
Al has flippy, black hair. It goes a bit past his ears and his solid in color. There are some dark brown tints in bright sunlight, but not many. Al had bangs that swoop across the left side of his face. These cover his eyes sometimes, but he usually doesn't let them get long enough to do that.
Al had dark brown, almost black eyes. They are almond shaped ad placed slightly close to the brim of his nose. Framing his eyes are his thin, almost unnoticeable lashes. Al has strong eyebrows, they are rather thick and very dark in color. However, his bangs usually cover them, so they're not as noticeable.
Al tends to wear simple clothing. Darkly colored, cotton v-neck shirts with simple, plain wash jeans. Al doesn't wear a lot of accessories, and he doesn't have a very unique wardrobe. But he doesn't really mind. Al does, however, always wear a black elastic band around his wrist, which turns into his sword.
Personality:
At first, when one makes acquaintances with Al, you think he's sarcastic, rude and a bit mean. However, if you work hard enough to become friends with him, his nicer, more respectful, "goofier" side emerges.
When one first meets Al, they will most likely find him to be, in one word, rude. He becomes very sarcastic, snarky, and short tempered with people he's just met. It's as if he's trying to warn them to stay away. It's almost like he's trying to tell everyone that becoming close to him would be a bad idea.
However, despite this effort of his, people still try and get to know him. Once they do, they realize he's not as bad as his first impression made him seen. Al still stays sarcastic, but in a light hearted way. He becomes a very loyal friend, never abandoning those he's put his trust in.
Al has a very quick temper. Although he tries to control it around people he's friends with, it still breaks free sometimes. And every time his temper does flare out of control, Al always feels terrible afterwards.
Al tends to be quite the judge holder. It takes him a long time to forget things others have done to him. And until the event completely escapes his mind, which it hardly ever does, the people are not forgiven.
Although he doesn't act like he is, Al can be very smart. He's always had trouble in school. Learning new concepts and reading, due to his servers dyslexia and ADHD. However, Al still does have quite a bit of common sense. He is also gifted with an analytical, problem solving brain. This makes him a decent battle strategist.
Al was raised to have respect for women, due to the fact that he was raised by a woman. He may be ruse and sarcastic to people he first meets, but he doesn't let himself be as rude to a girl.
Fatal Flaw:
Al doesn't trust very easily. He also tends to push all of those that have grown close to him further and further away.
Pets:
None, Al isn't big on animals but he does kind of want a Pit Bull.
Weapons:
Alcander has a celestial bronze sword named Arsen. It's a simple sword, no special designs. Just a sword. When Arsen isn't being used in battle, it is an elastic band around Al's wrist. To simply change the sword from a bracelet to a weapon, you simply hold the bracelet like the hilt of a sword to go from band to weapon. And then stick your hand through the hilt to have the sword turn into a bracelet.
Alcander also has a simple, bronze shield. It's nothing special, simply a shield to help him in battle and defense.
Talents:
Alcander has a great talent for sword fighting. He isn't a master, but he's improved from when he first arrived at camp.
Alcander doesn't really have any magical abilities. He can sense the power of a weapon, but it's nothing special.
Other:
Alcander has a secret. He can ballroom dance. As a child, his mother told him that one day he was going to ask a girl to dance, and she would be blown away by his dancing skills.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 pm

I n a c t i v e || C h a r a c t e r s

Spoiler:

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 pm

R e l a t i o n s h i p || S t a t u s e s

Charlie Grandge:
    Is a not interested in any kind of relationship.

Griffin Bryce Sawyer
    Is in a relationship with Cassie Krest.

Olivia Frost:
    Single and not interested in anyone.Undibbable until further notice.

Andy Hayes:
    Is interested in Evelyn Yates.Reserved for Crispy

Matthew Pierce:
    Single and not interested in anyone.Not dibbable

Thomas Henry De la Cruz
    Is in love with Maya Logaine

Oliver Tate Orcan
    Is not interested in relationships.Not open for dibs

Last edited by Angel on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:45 pm

U p d a t e s

Added:

Elle Brummit, Daughter of Epiales

Notes:
Elle has been brought back. She is reserved for Rempy, so don't dib her.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Welcome back Angel! Elle is accepted!
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Thank you Nico!

Last edited by Angel on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

U p d a t e s

Added:

Andrew "Andy" Timothy Hayes, Son of Athena.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:34 pm

ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 pm

OKAY IF ANDY AIN'T ALREADY DIBBED, I DIB HIM
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:49 pm

He's kind of with Crispy's character. xD Or...he will be.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Bleh, okay. xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm

U p d a t e s

Added:

Olivia Contessa Frost, Daughter of Khione

Notes:
Olivia is my newest character, but she is currently undibabble.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Accepted!
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

I love Olivia's nametag o.o
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Me too! 8D Her's is my favorite. x3
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Caleb's accepted. :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel's Characters.   Angel's Characters. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel's Characters.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next