Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] SonofLeucothea
G R I F F I N || [bryce] || S A W Y E R;; Pontos

Griffin sat down in a chair and grabbed a few of the "Learning Spanish" books from the shelf. He set them on a nearby table and looked at Cassie. The son of Pontos nodded his head. "Yeah...my foster parents tried home schooling me, but I wasn't able to learn because I had pretty severe cases of both dyslexia and ADHD. That's when we had to stop living on our boat and go dock at Staten Island so I could go to school," he explained.
Griffin handed her the first book and folded his hands together. "Do you know how to say anything in Spanish already?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=33165081
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] Untitled-1-3
Cassie l Krest [daughter of Demeter; goddess of the Harvest]

Shrugging, Cassie looked at the books. "I know a couple of things." In truth, she knew more than a couple, but she really wanted to be fluent. Back on campus, Cassie had been the foreign kids' friend. They didn't know many other people, and most of the foreigns were from Mexico. Their Spanish was very close to Spain's Spanish, so Cassie learned some of both.

"Hola, me llamo Cassie Krest. Como estas? Es bueno estar en esta biblioteca. Este lugar es agradable. Por lo que son. Gracias por enseñarme."
Cassie smiled, proudly revealing that she could say a few things.

"But like I said, I only know the basics. I really need help. I had trouble saying that."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 am

Griffin listened to her as she spoke Spanish. He nodded his head slowly, brushing a bit of hair from his deep, vibrant blue eyes.
"Bueno ... usted tiene algún conocimiento general. Eso es bueno. Mejor de lo esperado. Así que, ¿entiendes lo que estoy diciendo?" he said smoothly in Spanish. It was obvious he was generally good at Spanish. However, he didn't speak formally, since he didn't learn by reading, he learned by doing. So, because of that, he has more of a "slang" Spanish than a formal one.
Griffin studied Cassie curiously, waiting for her response to his Spanish question.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 am

Cassie thought about Griffin's word for a long time, staring at his features, like his ears and nose, until she could piece together what he had said. Though she was unclear on several of his words, and a whole, she got what he was asking her. Other than the question, though, she was pretty lost.

"Algunas de ellas. Yo no lo hacen . . . exactamente entender todo lo que dices. Estoy mejor de los casos . . . Hablar el idioma de . . . escucharlo." Cassie blushed at all of the times she had to pause. Her Spanish was very relaxed, and obviously how she talked in English, and the typical teenage slang. She could be heard through her words, even though they weren't her words. "Ese es mi problema con el español." Shrugging, her gaze drifted up to Griffin's eyes, and she blushed again. She had a problem with that. The daughter of Demeter tended to act strangely around boys, especially cute ones.

"Lo sentimos, veces no puedo encontrar las palabras adecuadas para. . . las cosas. Es lo mismo en cualquier idioma, sin embargo, yo. . . supongo."
Cassie fumbled with her words, trying to get everything out with ease like Griffin, but it didn't happen. She messed up several phrases, even though her message was rather clear. It kind of seemed like she was at a loss for words in general, and Cassie was, but she found it extremely hard to talk around Griffin. It's not like Cassie is the smoothest person in the world, but she was normally calm and collected.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 am

Griffin listened intently as she spoke. He wasn't exactly fluent in Spanish himself, he couldn't write it, for example. But he could speak it and understand it easily.
When she finished speaking, Griffin gave a warm smile. "You've got all the right words and all the right phrasing, you just need to be more confident. You know this stuff.." he said. Griffin reached across, delicately patting her hand in a reassuring matter.
"Apenas sea seguro de si mismo. Si no feek confianza, sólo seguir practicando. Decir algunas cosas en espagñol todos los dias. Ti hará más intuitivo a la lengua," he said in his smooth, deep voice. Griffin didn't know why, but he felt a strange attachment to Cassie. 'I just met the girl..' he thought with an inward frown.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 am

"Gracias Griffin," Cassie replied, tearing her eyes away from his face. It was hard to look at him when she was confused about what she felt towards him. He was cute, she could give him that, and smart. That was another quality close to home. Smarts. Being constantly surrounded by professors and college students, Cassie found safety in smart people. It was odd, but it was completely true.

"Listen," Cassie stopped, realizing she was speaking in English. "Lo siento. Quiero decir, ¿qué estás haciendo esta noche? Tal vez podríamos reunirnos y pasar el rato, o practicar el español, o algo así." Cassie smiled at Griffin, the confidence he had been talking about slowly coming to her. She soon realized that she always had confidence, that was one of Cassie's traits, but she felt strangely shy around the boy. What was it about him?

Though Cassie was awful about finding words to describe her feelings, she knew she felt something towards Griffin, she just didn't know what.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:56 am

Griffin smiled. He gently clapped his hands together a few times before he turned his amused gaze back to Cassie. "No, no estoy haciendo nada esta noche ... así que sí, voy a pasar el rato con usted. Pero vamos a omitir la parte española de la misma y solo .. ya sabes ... relajarse un poco? Yo podría sacar de mi barco, si lo desea," he said, twiddling his thumbs a bit as he spoke. Griffin cleared his throat, deciding to speak in English from now on. "I've got a boat that I park out at the docks on the lake...it's small, only fits one for comfortable living space. But it'd only be a ride, so.." he said, shrugging his shoulders a bit as he finished speaking.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:12 am

Cassie smiled at Griffin, her heart skipping a beat. She didn't really know what he was saying at first, several phrases mixed in her head, but she realized he was asking her to go on his boat. Boats were cool. Still, Cassie had never been on a boat, considering that she used to live in Oklahoma, but she had seen many boat shows, and they looked interesting.

"Eso suena muy bien. ¡Oh! De partida. . ." Cassie cleared her throat, "ahora. I mean, now." Smiling, the daughter of Demeter crossed her legs. "Nada de español. Only English, relaxing, and water." Though Cassie was a plants person, plants needed water. Hey! That could be a good analogy if Cassie ever needed Griffin, or if he was being taken from her. Plants need water!
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

[color=white]Griffin smiled, chewing on the inside of his cheek. He gently drummed on his knees with his fingers. Griffin had always had to keep moving, tapping his foot, shaking his leg, wiggling his toes. Anything really. "I look forward to it," he said with a smile.
Griffin rose to his feet, studying Cassie a moment before he spoke again. He was quite fond of this girl...although whether that would last or not was a mystery to him. "Meet tonight at the lake at say...6:30pm?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 am

Cassie stood up after Griffin. She nodded her head excitedly, a smile creeping onto her face. She felt a strange sense of fear in her, but for some reason, she was ecstatic about the whole thing. Now, Cassie is pretty helpless when it comes to romance, which explains why the daughter of Demeter didn't realize she was starting to have a small crush on the boy.

"I can't wait," Cassie said calmly, the grin still plastered onto her face. When she tried to stop smiling, it didn't even last a minute. Cassie was really excited about the outing, especially since she didn't have that many friends, and had just found herself a new best one.

Not knowing how to say goodbye, Cassie stood there awkwardly, a smile still on her face. She couldn't really hug him goodbye, and a hand shake was lame. Still, Cassie held out her hand, and waited for Griffin to shake it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]   Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning Spanish from a kid with dyslexia. [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: