Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Sea of Monsters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Sea of Monsters Empty
PostSubject: The Sea of Monsters   The Sea of Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:04 am

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief was a moderate success for Fox 2000, making about $226 million worldwide on a $95 million budget (though most of that money came from overseas). The film was always intended to kick off a tentpole franchise for Fox 2000, so it’s not really surprising to hear that the studio is adapting the second book in author Rick Riordan’s five-volume series into a movie.

The LA Times’ 24 Frames has an insider claiming that Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters is going into “active development,” and could even start shooting as soon as this summer.

In the first film, young Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) discovered he was a demigod, spawned from the union of Poseidon and a human woman. When he was framed for stealing Zeus’ thunderbolt, Percy and his friends went on a quest to find the stolen weapon and eventually discovered and defeated the real thief, saving the world from a war between the gods.

In Riordan’s second book, Percy must save “Camp Half-Blood” the safe haven where demigods are protected from evil by magic barriers. Someone has poisoned the barriers, so it’s up to Percy and Co. to venture into “The Sea of Monsters” to find the mythical Golden Fleece to save the camp.

The primary cast is expected to return for this next installment, and that list would presumably include Logan Lerman, Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Katherine Keener and Kevin McKidd. Writing duo Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski are handling the script; the pair have a diverse resume, including films like 1408, Agent Cody Banks, The People vs. Larry Flynt, Ed Wood and Problem Child 1 & 2. Take that how you will.

Director Chris Columbus (who also did the first two Harry Potter films), is not expected to return to direct Sea of Monsters, but will reportedly produce the pic alongside Breaking Dawn producer, Karen Rosenfelt. Take that how you will.

(Story from http://screenrant.com/percy-jackson-sequel-the-sea-of-monsters-movie-kofi-104013/)

I am Happy.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Sea of Monsters   The Sea of Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:09 am

Me too. It hopefully will be better than Lighting Thief. That was a good movie, but an awful book-to-movie.

Actors: Good.
Writing: Bad.

Hopefully the Sea of Monsters will be less complicated, since it isn't as long.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Sea of Monsters   The Sea of Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 am

I agree with Nico! It's kind of weird watching your favorite characters that aren't like your favorite characters, and I don't like how they twisted the plot. Hopefully, they won't skip over the part with Circe... That was one of my favorites! :D And there needs to be Tyson. And Clarisse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sea of Monsters   The Sea of Monsters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sea of Monsters
Page 1 of 1