Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)

Go down 
+8
Nico
stormfire
Tomasthegreen
Mark_Son of Hermes
Scarlett O'Hara
Boo Bunny
tethys
Camille
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Camille

Camille

The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) Empty
PostSubject: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Hey people:)))
I found the sneak peek of the Son of Neptune(came out 2 days ago sorry)...so only a part of the first chapter. Here's the link to it: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15872.Rick_Riordan/blog
or... you may go on this one: http://disney.go.com/disneybooks/heroes-of-olympus/
they're the same really-.-

Last edited by Camille on Sat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did some mistakes...)
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I read it last night! <3 I love the cover, and I'm happy their doing Percy's POV for part of it! (: I think we'll also have a couple new characters!
Back to top Go down
Boo Bunny
Bieber Bunny
Boo Bunny

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:37 pm

YAY for new characters!
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks I'm reading it right now
Back to top Go down
Camille

Camille

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm

lol no problem :))
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Here's another part released around a week ago:

Part of him wanted to head west to the ocean; that's where he'd be safest. That's where his power would be greatest. But those Roman guards at the door made him uneasy. Something inside him said, "This isn't my territory. This is dangerous."

"You're right, of course," said a voice next to him. He jumped. At first he thought, Stheno had managed to sneak up on him again. But the old lady sitting in the bushes was even more repulsive then a gorgon. She looked like a hippie that was dumped on the side of the road 40 years ago where she had been collecting trash and rags ever since. She wore a dress made of tie-dyed cloth, ripped up quilts and plastic grocery bags. Her frizzy mop of hair was gray-brown like root beer foam, tied back with a peace sign headband. Worts and moles covered her face. When she smiled, she showed exactly 3 teeth. "It isn't a maintenance tunnel," she confided. "It's the entrance to camp!" A jolt went up Percy's spine. Camp.. yes! That's where he was from! Maybe this was his home. Maybe Annabeth was right. Maybe she was close by. But something felt.. wrong. The gorgons were still on the roof of the apartment building. Then Stheno shrieked with delight and pointed in Percy's direction. The old hippie lady raised her eyebrows. "Not much time child. You need to make your choice." "Who are you?" Percy asked, although he wasn't sure he wanted to know. The last thing he needed was another harmless mortal who turned out to be a monster.

. "Oh, you can call me June." The old lady's eyes sparkled like she had made an excellent joke. "It is June, isn't it? They named the month after me."
"Uh, okay. Look, I should go. Two gorgons are coming and I don't want them to hurt you." June clasped her hands over her heart. "Oh, how sweet. But that is part of your choice." Percy glanced nervously at the hill. The gorgons had taken off their green vests. Wings sprouted from their backs, small bat wings that glistened like brass. Since when did they have wings? Maybe they were ornamental, maybe they were too small to get a gorgon into the air. Then the two sisters leaped off the apartment building and soared toward him. Great, just great. "Yes," June said, as if she was in no hurry. "You can leave me here at the mercy of the gorgons and escape to the ocean. You can make it there safely, I guarantee you. The gorgons will be quite happy to attack me and let you go. In the sea, no monsters will bother you. You'll be safe at the bottom of the sea. You can begin a new life, live to a ripe old age, and escape a great deal of pain and suffering that is in your future." Percy was pretty sure he wasn't going to like the second option. "Or?"

"Or you can do a good dead for an old lady. Carry me to camp with you." "....Carry you?" Percy hoped she was kidding. Then June hitched up her skirts, showing him her swollen purple feet. "I can't get there by myself," she said. "Carry me to camp across the highway, through the tunnel, and across the river." Percy didn't know what river she meant, but it didn't sound easy. June looked pretty heavy. The gorgons were only 50 yards away now, leisurely gliding toward him as they knew the hunt was almost over. "And I should carry you to this camp because?.." "Because it's a kindness!" she said. "And if you don't, the gods will die, the world as we know it will perish, and everyone from your old life will be destroyed. Of course, you don't remember all that so I suppose it doesn't matter. You'll be safe at the bottom of the sea." Percy swallowed. The gorgons shrieked with laughter as they soared in for the kill.

"If I go to camp, will I get my memory back?" "Eventually," June said. "But be warned, you'll sacrifice much, you'll lose the mark of Achilles, and you'll feel pain, misery, and loss beyond anything you've ever known. But you might have a chance to save your old friends and reclaim your old life." The gorgons were circling right overhead, probably studying the old woman, wondering who the new player may be before they struck. "What about the guards at the door?" Percy asked. June smiled. "Oh, they'll let you in, dear. You can trust those two. So, what do you say? Will you help a defenseless, old woman?" Percy doubted June was defenseless. At worst this was a trap. At best this was some kind of test. Percy hated tests! Since he lost his memory, his whole life was one big fill in the blank. He was blank from blank, he felt like blank, and if the monsters caught up with him, he'd be blank. Then he thought about Annabeth: the only part of his old life he was sure about. He had to find her.

"I'll carry you." Percy scooped up the old woman. She was lighter than he expected. Percy tried to ignore her sour breath and her calloused hands that gripped his neck. He made it across the first lane of traffic. The driver honked, another yelled something that was lost in the wind. Most just swerved and looked annoyed, as if they had to deal with a lot of bratty kids carrying old hippy women across the freeway.
Back to top Go down
Camille

Camille

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 pm

oh no...he'll lose the curse of Achilles...i still hope that everythings gonna be alright:)
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:07 am

that was a really good sneak peek i can't wait until the book comes Oct. 3
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

Idon'tlikethathelosesthecurseofachilles. It's kind of something that shows he's important... But, then again it would be boring if he could just kill everything in his path, now that the titan war's over, and he'll probably be on a quest or somethin'. It would be Mary Sue... Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Tomasthegreen

Tomasthegreen

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!
i cant wait for the book to come out!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormfire

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 am

wow.......it was awesome
the son of neptune WAS AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Tomasthegreen

Tomasthegreen

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Is anyone as Excited as I am? cyclops
I wonder if Tyson is in this one? cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Nico will hopefully be in this one. He was only mentioned in the last one . . .
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Nico I agree with you and thanks for the new part tethys
Back to top Go down
Camille

Camille

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:56 pm

I hope that Bianca comes back or something like that!
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:53 am

Nah, it would be boring... I hope Percy gets back his memories hehe
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Camille wrote:
I hope that Bianca comes back or something like that!

I don't think that would happen, but I personally think we should have got to known Bianca better before she died. She seemed to be a great character. ^^
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am

Yup more stronger than Nico... Hades said that..
Back to top Go down
Tomasthegreen

Tomasthegreen

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

yeah i wonder if Hades lets Bianca come back since she was really powerful or something like that...
or Gaea takes her backs from the underworld but turns her against the good guys...!!!! 8)
Back to top Go down
Angelo

Angelo

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I do think that Annabeth is going to play a big role. Remember that decision in the battle of the labyrinth that Hera said was for later, well I think its coming in a big bad way.
Back to top Go down
SystemOverload7

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

I can't express how exited i am for this book! so i won't even try:)
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 pm

I just had to BUMP this topic.
GUYS. There's an excerpt from Chapter 2 up on the Barnes and Noble website, in the form of a video in which Rick Riordan reads it.
I'm not thrilled with the whole listening aspect of it, but that's okay! It's very interesting.
Anyone who has heard it... thoughts? But put them in a spoiler, please. xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)   The Son of Neptune(sneak peek) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Son of Neptune(sneak peek)
Page 1 of 1