Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

Location : Standing somewhere in between the underworld and the good ol' USA

Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Odysseus was enjoying some quiet time, something he rarely got since he had come to Camp Half-Blood. That was a year ago. He remembered that he had loved it so much that he had become a Year-Rounder, but what was more important was that he was able to spend his time creating combat strategies and practicing sword and spear combat. However, today was different. He was relaxing and reading.

Odysseus took a book out one of his personal drawers. It was one of his favorite books, but not his most favorite. The book was American Military Strategy of the 1800's. He loved reading about the tactics of 19th century armies. As he laid back down, Odie heard noises coming from outside the cabin. He was tempted to take a look, but decided against it. That was when someone came bursting through the door.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) 1293479855_5948_full

Melina Riley Johnson

"Those who begin by burning books will end by burning people."

The girl with all the facts

Melina casually walked into the Athena cabin, her face plastered with sweat. She was still holding her celestial bronze sword, and her bronze shield remained on her left arm. After planting herself on her bed, the 12-year-old transformed her battle essentials back into their original form; her sword, a retractable yellow highlighter; and her shield, an owl bracelet.

The girl's gray eyes scanned the cabin, observing every detail. After a few moments, her gaze fell on a boy that she partially recognized as one of her siblings, but someone she never really talked to. Melina had been at camp for five years now, so she knew just about all of her siblings. The boy, though, she had never had the chance to catch the name of.

"Hello," she greeted with a warm, welcoming smile.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:11 am

Odysseus glanced up from his book, and set it down when he saw Melina. He was good with names. He knew everybody in the Athena cabin, but was not always the outgoing type, so he had never really talked to most of them. "Hello. Melina, right? I am Odysseus Carlson, but most people just call me Odie. My dad named me after one of Mom's favorite heroes. Apparently, she approves."

He paused to make sure his book was bookmarked. He didn't want to lose his spot. He set it back in it's place on the bookshelf, and turned to face his half-sister, on the godly side of the family. He smiled, and stacked up his copies of the various battle strategies he had been perfecting about various battlefields in the American Civil War. He was testing to see how much one simple tactical advantage could change the tide of a battle.

"Looks like somebody's been practicing combat pretty hard. You look like you could use a break." He said the last part with a smile.

Taking a spare canteen of water from his rack, the fifteen year old Californian tossed it to her. "Here, you need to drink. If you don't drink enough water, you could dehydrate. We may be Demigods, but we're still mortal. Take the canteen, I have plenty more."

He sat down at a small table and motioned for Melina to sit as well. "So, let's get this party started. Tell me about yourself, besides the fact that you're a daughter of Athena. That is obvious." He grinned with his heartwarming smile that people loved to see, grabbed his own canteen, and took a swig from it. He glanced up at his spear as he waited. Most people didn't know this about Odysseus, but he preferred using spear and shield during battle. However, he also had a sword which was always at his side during battle. He kept it for extremely close range combat.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

"Yes, my name is Melina. Melina Johnson." Melina's eyes focused on her half-brother more intentively when he introduced himself. He was about fifteen years old, and had recieved the same feature almost every child of Athena obtained at birth: the goddess' gray eyes. Except with his, they had a more blue-ish tint to them. "Odysseus. Yes, I recall his story. One of the heroes of the Trojan War." The 12-year-old paused a moment before resuming. "My name means 'honey,' I believe. I don't know if that means anything, really."

When Odysseus noted Melina's fatigued state, he handed her a canteen, which the girl had no hesitation on taking and gulping down the water. She then slid the chair next to the table far enough away for her to sit down on. After that, she sharpened her gaze on Odie's bookshelf, and then his spear.

Within a few moments, her brother's voice met her ears once more.
"Oh, yes. I know. I've just been, well, working harder than usual." The demigod briskly stopped herself from continuing before Odysseus could ask why. Fortunately, he had asked Melina to tell him about herself. "I was born in New York city," she explained. "My father attended Yale University in Boston, where he eventually met out mother in chemestry class, I do recall him telling me. I wasn't born then, but my older sister was, who is now 20 years of age and already a graduate of college. Her name is Stella, and we were seperated when I was quite young. We were just reunited a few months ago."

The daughter of Athena proccessed the rest of her history in her head. It had been a while since she had really opened up on her past, maybe not even at all. Her life was much more complex than others, and she didn't approve of herself plopping her burdens on someone else's shoulders. This time, though, she planned on explicating. "I lived a nomadic life with my father when my sister and I were seperated. We traveled the world together, so I had the oppertunity of studying architecture and history up close and personal. I came to camp five years ago, when my friend and I were ambushed by the furies."
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Odysseus took a quick sip from his water, and looked at Melina. "Odysseus wasn't just any hero. Mom gave him the idea to create the Trojan Horse. Not to mention that he also was the first to skirt around the prophecy of an Oracle. He is definitely my favorite hero."

Odysseus took a moment to grin with a mischievous glint to his eye. "It seems like Mom is always meeting guys at universities. My dad met Mom when he was professor of Ancient Roman and Greek Culture at UCLA. He's still there living with my step-mother." He said the last part about his step-mother with hatred.

Odysseus took out a scroll, one of his hundreds of battle strategies, and added something to it. "Well, that's good that you've been reunited with your sister. I'm Mom's only child, but I do have two half-siblings, they're alright."

Odysseus finished, and from the look on his face you could tell he was pleased with himself. He rolled the scroll back up and set it in it's place on one of the shelves. He turned back to his sister, and added,"It looks like everybody here gets attacked before they get here. For instance, the superintendent at my boarding school happened to be a Laestrygonain. Nearly killed me, but it was Greek day and I happened to have that spear with me. It saved my life, that was when I met some satyr I still don't know the name of. He whisked me here, and here I am."

"So, you traveled with your dad? What was that like?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Melina nodded in agreement when Odie mentioned the Greek hero Odysseus' accomplishments. "Yes, that's right. He's one of the many heroes I look up to as a role model."

While taking a sip of water from the canteen, the 12-year-old noticed the spark of hatred Odysseus had for his step-mother when he mentioned her. She decided not to intrude on his personal life. The young half-blood could relate to his resentment, though. There was a time--and there still are times--that Melina was envious of her older sister, Stella. Stella was always the artistic genius, and it made Melina show large amounts of animosity toward her kin because she wasn't capable of the same aesthetic talents. "Yes, I'm happy we found each other again," she said thoughtfully, but with a bit of exasperation.

Melina listened to her half-brother explain his story. It was a bit like her's, but her friend and she had managed to flee from the furies. The two didn't have their weapons at the time, and instantly recieved them once the demigods reached camp.
"I can relate to that," she replied.

"Traveling with my dad wasn't always so easy," she said, answering Odie's question. "There were times where it was a struggle to get on a plane, or even pay to rent a hotel room for a few nights. I was homeschooled, too, but sometimes, if my dad bought us our own house, I attended public school. It was hard making friends, and then all of the sudden having to leave. In a way, I'm thankful I had to experience the nomadic life, but it was quite complicated as well."
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Odysseus looked at her with a tiny bit of pity. It was hard not to pity such a story, but such was the story of many heroes lives. Jealousy, pain, suffering were all parts of a never ending story in the world of heroes.

Odysseus replied,"Yeah, I've tried to model my life somewhat after his. Now that I know I'm a Demigod, I can model my whole life after him." He said the last part as a joke.

"You seem to have harsh feelings toward your sister. Are you two having problems? If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to."

He finished his water, and tossed it on his bunk. "At least you guys had each other. I know many families that are broken, and a couple of my childhood friends lived in a foster home. I know it can be hard living life as a Demigod. I was nearly killed by my monster superintendent. I'm just glad that Satyr was there."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Melina took another sip of water from the canteen before setting it down on the table. Her gray-eyed gaze faltered at the mention of her emotions toward her sister. In all honesty, the demigod regretted mentioning her sister. The story between the Johnson duo was the same as any other sibling rivalry. Pride had always been a flaw to Athena children, and Melina and Stella were envoius of each other's strengths and abilities.

"I don't hate my sister," she insisted. "We're just . . . different. I mean, not that it's a bad thing. It's, well, pride." Melina didn't dare to continue any further. She didn't want to be embarressed by her adolescent actions of her childhood. Held back by jealousy? This was something the young half-blood intended on improving.

The daughter of Athena concentrated on Odysseus' words.
"Yes, I know. I probably shouldn't be talking. My life went pretty well compared to some other demigods. Stella's did, too. Living with my grandmother while I was with my dad really helped her graduate from college at such an early age. She's already an actress."
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:13 am

"Listen, Melina, you can't just bottle up your feelings all the time. We, as children of Athena, should understand this better than anybody. You need to talk, it will help you feel better. It also helps you focus better in combat when you don't have any stress inside you. When I fight, I usually focus all my stress and anger right into my form. You should try it sometime, it helps."

He paused for a moment, and stood up. "Come on, let's go outside. We can sit outside the cabin and talk. It's too beautiful of a day to be cooped up inside."

Pushing his chair in, Odysseus walked outside grabbing his spear, shield, and a rag on his way out the door. He was planning on keeping his weapon and shield nice and shiny as long as he possibly could. "Listen, I never said you hated your sister. I just said that there was some animosity there. You need to deal with it sooner or later, or things could get worse."

He didn't usually give advice to someone he'd just met, but he felt like it was something Mom would want him to do. That was what advice was all about. He could give her advice all day long until he was blue in the face, but she had to be the one to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:43 pm

"Yes, I know," Melina said solemly, lowering her head to the floor. "I understand that it's better to talk about your problems. The thing is-" The 12-year-old's voice began to trail off. "I don't like feeling like I'm another burden to bear. Others have their own obstacles to worry about, and I wouldn't want them showing sympathy for me. I have been trying to find someone to talk about it with me, I really have. I just haven't found someone that really understands yet. I never even shared half of my past with my boy- er, closest friend." The demigod ceased her words. She didn't dare to go any further. She herself was having doubts about her boyfriend, Kai Crosshawk.

It's not that she hated him or anything. In fact, it was by far the opposite. The truth was that a few months ago, the daughter of Athena was captured by the lord of the dead. It wasn't even for that good of a reason, in her opinion. It was because Melina had engaged in a relationship with Hades' son. Why had he decided to take such risks and bring it to such measures? The demigod was still unsure of that. The fact that her mother had decided to save her was the interesting part. Melina never considered herself as a major asset to her mother.

After realizing she had been lost in thought, the young girl redirected her attention to Odysseus.
"Those are my reasons. I wish I didn't have to be the way I was sometimes."

~ The whole Melina and Hades thing was a topic I roleplayed a while back. I thought it would serve some purpose in the post. xP
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:42 pm

"Well, you can always talk to me. You don't have to worry about being a burden to me. If more children of Athena would be more friendly to each other, we wouldn't have this problem. I'm serious, you obviously need someone to talk, and I'm you're big half-brother, so there you go. Trust me, I know what it's like to be alone."

He took the rag and started wiping down his shield as he spoke. He was really routing for Melina, he barely knew his younger half-sister, but he understood being alone. A lot of times, someone just needed another person to talk to.

"So, about this boyfriend of yours," he said with a mischievous grin,"Tell me about him."

OOC: It could possibly serve some purpose. We'll just have to see.

Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:02 am

Melina sighed silently to herself, knowing that it was time for her to open up. With all the emotions bottled up inside of the her, it might mend herself if she talked. "It's just my past. My present somtimes, even. I've already told you my history. A few months ago though, I was sneaking out of camp with a few friends for just the weekend. She wanted to see her father after five years, and I must say, the journey was, fortunately, smooth."

"Once we got there, everything was peaceful for a time. Then, we somehow managed to walk into an abandoned house where I was kidnapped by a manticore. Hades . . . Hades had sent it after me, and it was all because of my relationship with his son. I guess that when I brought Kai with me to visit my father, Hades thought I was too dangerous; that I might be the reason for his son's death."

Melina paused for a moment, registering everything that she had told Odysseus. It was good to have finally spoken about her troubles, but in a way, she still felt like a burden. "I almost died in the underworld. Mother came to save me."

At the mention of her boyfriend, the demigod quickly glanced up at her half-brother, and then slowly drifted her gaze back to the ground. Blush was creeping on to the girl's cheeks, and so she kept her face hidden with her curly, blonde stands of hair. "Well, he's . . . nice. Uh, good looking . . ."
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:03 pm

"Hm. That is interesting. The son of Hades, huh?"

He continued to wipe down his shield, returning the shine to it. Once the shield had its shine, again, he took his shield and set it down. Picking up his spear that he called Silencer, he took the rag and started shining the Celestial Bronze tip.

" Listen, I'm no expert in love, but I think that you can't give up if you really like him. At least that was what I was told once."

Odysseus was no expert in love, it was true. He could never give advice on love, unless he'd been given the same advice. He was great at giving advice on any subject, but the one that he'd had the most problem with, and that was love.

He continued," It looks like Mom was looking out for you. She would never let one of her children be left to the Underworld. We mean more to her than we know, she told me so the one time I met her once."

"As for your boyfriend, I think that I would like to meet him, sometime," he said with a wink and a mischievous grin.

Before she could say anything, he added,"Hey, big brother's got to approve."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:22 pm

"I know, but mom talked to me after she saved my friends and I from the underworld," she began. "She told me that she was concerned for my well being, and that my relationship with Kai could put me in even more danger. I was supposed to talk to him about it, but I didn't know if I could."

Melina focused her eyes on her half-brother once more. She gave him a small smile before continuing. "You can meet him. I don't mind. He can have an attitude sometimes, though. I would suggest not saying anything that would intimidate him." With that, Melina chuckled for a small moment.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:11 pm

"Well, that is interesting. That does sound like Mom, though. Well, I guess it's all up to you. Why didn't you think you could talk to him? I mean, Mom basically said you shouldn't be together for your own good. Don't you think you owe him an explanation? I would want one if I were in his position. It's up to you, though."

He set the rag down and examined his spear, Silencer. It was bright bronze once more. He grinned and whistled a quick cheerful tune. Sitting his spear down, he turned back to Melina.

"Me, say something intimidating," he replied with a wink and a grin,"I wouldn't do that."

He laughed, pulled his sword, Wolf Bane, and started wiping it down as well.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:08 am

Faye walked towards cabin 6 smiling. Her little brother' s hand gripped hers. Faye noticed two of her siblings talking. One was Melina and the other was... Odysseus. She lead Carter over to them. Carter hadn't met many of his siblings yet, if any. Faye smiled at them her grey eyes sparkling." Hey guys, have you met Carter?" the demigod asked motioning to her brother.
Carter smiled when he saw more people, Faye must know them. He smiled big showing his teeth." Hi I'm Carter!" he greeted.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:30 am

"Mom never necessarily said I had to end the relationship between Kai and I. She was simply warning me about the dangers that could put my life on the line. She . . . she was preventing my death."

Melina's bright, gray eyes flashed with glee, escaping her gim mood. "I don't know you as well as yet, big brother," she began. But I'm sure all brothers like to tease their sister's boyfriend once and a while." A big, warm smile formed on the face of the 12-year-old, a stifled laugh attempting to escape from her lips.

The daughter of Athena averted her gaze from Odysseus when their half-sister, Faye, came strolling toward them. She was holding hands with a young boy, about five. Melina figured it was Faye's little brother, Carter, whom had arrived at camp a while ago. The half-blood stood up from the stairs of the Athena cabin and greeted the two.
"Hellp Faye. Hello Carter."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:47 am

Faye smiled, but had the feeling she was interrupting something." Are we um... interrupting something? We can leave, Carter has to sleep soon anyway." she asked. If they wanted privacy, they could just say so.
Carter yawned in agreement to sleep. He had been up all night training. He looked on his arms synthesis scars left from Alex and sighed.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:32 pm

"Well, yeah, that is...," Odysseus broke off, and turned toward the new face. He recognized Faye and her little brother, Carter. He'd met Faye once, but it had been a while. He smiled wryly as he wiped down his sword.

To Faye, he replied,"No, Faye, you are not interrupting anything, we were just debating whether I would say anything intimidating to Melina's boyfriend. I don't think so, but Melina thinks I might. Who would you bet on? If you want please have a seat. Here let me make some room."

He picked up his sword, spear, and shield, and moved it in front of him, and gestured for her to sit down. He continued to wipe his sword clean.

"So, what are you to this fine, wonderful day, Faye?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

"I can take care of Carter for you," Melina offered, opening her arms for the five-year-old. Carter looked extremely exhausted. The scars on his arms were what worried Melina. What had happened? Was he attacked? The 12-year-old's eyes looked at him with sympathy, but also curiousity.

The daughter of Athena jerked her head to her half-brother, Odysseus.
"Wait a minute, I never said that. Well, completly," she chuckled. "I said that some brothers like to tease their little sister's boyfriend. I hope you're not like that, Odie." Melina crossed her arms at her chest, glaring her gray eyes at Odysseus with fake suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Odyseus looked at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes, but a look of faux innocence on his face. "Oh, I have no clue what you are referring to Melina. I'm just a simple guy trying to make his way in this camp."

He grinned, and added,"Besides, I have my own girlfriend to worry about. She keeps me in line, you know."

Pausing a moment, his facial expression changed as if he had just thought of something. "So, Melina, what are you going to do about Nico? Will you still date him?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:25 pm

"You mean Kai," she corrected. "My boyfriend is named Kai Crosshawk. He is the son of Hades I was referring to. I've heard of that Nico kid, but, y'know, he's not really my type." Melina gave Odysseus a small, soft smile before shifting her gaze to the ground, a frown forming.

She continued,
"I don't know what I'm going to do, honestly. I've been pondering on what I should do for months now, but the same thoughts keep coming to me. If I broke up with him, how would he take it? Even more importantly, how much more safe could he be without me? We're all offspring of the gods. I don't exactly see how I could be so fatal to his safety when our lives are at the brink ever single day."

Melina nodded in approval of her logic, hoping that Athena was doing the same on Mount Olympus. The 12-year-old instantly remembered the conversation she had with the goddess on half-blood hill. They talked about Kai, and the dangers Melina was being put into. This moment reminds me of then, the daughter of Athena thought. The only difference was, Athena gave her daughter of options and warnings. Melina refused to dump her boyfriend, but now she was having second thoughts. Would it be better?
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 pm

"Look, Melina, we all have to make tough choices at some point in our lives. It doesn't matter if we believe we can stop it from happening, because it is innevitable that at some point in their lives, everyone will have to make some big decision that will have major consequences. Every choice you make, in this world, has consequences, either good or bad. You have to make your own decisions, no one can tell make them for you. Just like no one can tell a story except for his or her own."

He paused and pursed his lips solemnly. "You have to make this decision on your own, Melina. However, you need to take a look at every choice and it's possibilities and consequences. Also, remember, there are other fish in the sea, as my dad used to say."
Back to top Go down
Thalia Rose Grace

Thalia Rose Grace

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Walking back from the bonfire, I noticed some siblings of mine talking, I hadn't said hi to them before so I figured I would. I walked over and waved. "Hiya! What's up? I am Liz. You are?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Melina nodded her head. "Yes, I know. I have been thinking about it, deeply. I- I'm just confused, oddly enough. I have everything mapped out in my head, but at the same time, I don't." The 12-year-old shifted her body involunatrily, frustration hastily arising. What should she do?

The young demigod registered her thoughts in her head. She sighed for a moment, then pursed her lips together. "I'm just confused," she repeated. "I've had these moments before, but I've never been so furious with myself for not knowing what to do." Melina looked to the sky, praying to her mother for guidence. The young half-blood could almost hear words transmitting themselves in the girl's mind. One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life, that word is love.

Melina's eyes widened when the words processed through her brain. She remembered the Greek philospoher, Socrates. He said those words. Why were they given to her, though? Were they teeling her to stay with Kai, or to engage in a friendly relationship with the boy? The only thing she did know at the moment, she had to talk to him right away. She had to tell him what Athena had told her on half-blood hill.

Melina's thoughts were interupted by a female voice. The girl jerked her head to the girl, recognizing her half-sister, Elizabeth. "Hello Elizabeth," she greeted, her gloom fading away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)    Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading is more than just a hobby. (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: