Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] Empty
PostSubject: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] 1293479855_5948_full

Melina Riley Johnson

"Those who begin by burning books will end by burning people."

Melina, along with her older sister, Stella; sat on the bleachers of the arena, catching up on each other's whereabouts. It had been five years since the Johnson sisters last saw one another, which they agreed was fine while they were seperated. The two never really did get along well. They always had something to share with each other that would make the other react harshly; pride was, without a doubt, their fatal flaw.

Melina stroked her puppy's soft, golden hair. She had just found the dog lost in the woods of Camp Half-Blood, which was quite strange. Nevertheless, the twelve-year-old didn't hesitate to keep it for herself. Felix was her new golden retriever.

"So you're an actress now," Melina asked her sister, looking up from Felix.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] Untitled

Stella Johnson

"Well, yeah. I'm a daughter of Athena. Can't you tell?"

Stella simply nodded her head 'yes.' For once, she didn't want to brag about her accomplishments, but instead make peace with her sister. They were family, and so they were supposed to get along, and always be there for each other. What they had done in the past was completely unneccesary; it was time for a new beginning.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:11 pm

-Eliza
"Could you atleast let me explain!?!"I said kinda loud while walking behind Mini.Was it really that hard to hear my explenation of why I tried to kill her when she was twelve?I mean come ON.Were family and not just in the greek way.
-Minerva
I turned quickly,the dust not even moving and loooked at her.I crossed my arms and put on an expessionles face."Then explain."I said my voice not leaving a single trace of emotion.She opened her mouth as if to say something but instead looked elsewhere and mumbled "Its complicated."I sighed and shook my head.
I look around the arena and noticed to girls that seemed to be just hanging out.I walked over to them."Hello.Im Minerva but you can call me Mini."I said smilng kindly.The life had come back into my face.Eliza appeared next to me and nodded hello.Ever the dark and misteriuos type.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Melina Johnson

Sounds of young, female voices met Melina's ears, and so she cocked her head toward the destination from where they were coming from. Before Stella and she stood two girls, one almost Melina's age, but appeared older; the other was about fifteen or sixteen. "Hello," she greeted, nodding her head in acknowledgement of their prescence.

Stella Johnson

"Hello." Stella flashed her best smile at the two girls before redirecting her gaze toward her sister. She studied Melina, realizing that she had obtained a few scratches from an unknown scourse; at least unknown to Stella. The truth was, Melina had been sneaking out of camp every so often to help a few friends when they were in trouble. She had probably gained a lot of skill over the past years, and so a thought dawned on Stella.

"How would you girls like to have a friendly match?" she asked Minverva and Eliza. From the corner of Stella's eye, she could see that her younger sister was looking at her with a quizzical expression.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:50 pm

-Eliza
I watched the two girls as they said hi to us.Well not really watched but more or less examined.The younger one,Melina Johnson, was in my little black book.Not a good thing considering everyone who was in it was wanted dead or alive by the titan army.I snapped back into reality when the oldest,Ms.Johnson(she seemed old enough to be called miss,asked if we wanted to have a freindly spar.I smiled though my eyes showed no emotion.Theyd stoped about right after I killed my eighty-ish victim."Sure."I said crossing my arms over my 'cookie monster' tee.A good spar would help me relax.

-Minerva
I watched the two girls as they shared meaningful glances and seemed to understand what the other thought without having ESP.I had been like that with El once but that was a long time ago."Ok."I said pulling a strand of my hair behind my ear.I could use the practice.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:30 am

Melina Johnson

Meline focused her gaze on Mini and Eliza. "Okay," she shrugged, bringing out her retractable yellow highlighter; clicking it, and then enabling it to transform into her celestial bronze sword. She walked out toward the middle of the arena and waited for the group. While doing so, she gaze a small tap on her owl bracelet, which then sprung into her bronze shield; decorated in images of war.

Stella Johnson

Stella followed her sister out into the center of the arena, retrieving her pocket-sized piccolo (small flute), and making the b flat note on the instrument; commanding it to turn into her celestial bronze lance.

The young adult studied her opponents intentively, which is something she had not often done. She had always been an actress after she graduated college in only two years, so she didn't really have as much experience in battle than most Athena children.

Judging by their opponents apperance, they might have something up their sleeve. Being cautious of their opponents, Stella grabbed a sword from the racks in the arena; perfect for an offensive weapons. After that, she walked back over to her sister.

"We're ready."
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:57 am

-Eliza
Thery weapons choises practically yeld close combat but I just stuck with my dagers.I unsheathed both dagers,one was celestial bronze and the other was silver.Both were bloodstained preety bad.I walked over to the two other girls.
-Minerva
I unsheathed both my sword and made my eyes comepletly black as not to waste energy on the indigo around the edges.I followed behind El already trying to point out weakspots and good defensive positions."Us too."I said.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Melina Johnson

Melina seperated her feet from each other, practically alining them with her shoulders. She kept her battle essentials close to her body, but not too close; and with that, forming a triangle with both her shield and her sword, her waist serving as the bottom of the shape. Her left foot was placed in front of her right, which gave the young demigod a defensive advantage; as her left hand was holding her shield. With this stance, Melina kept her body heavily guarded, but also was capable of enforcing a lot of power into her offense.

Mother, hear me now; I promise you that I will make you proud! the twelve-year-old prayed. The half-blood vowed that she wouldn't allow herself to fail like she almost did when dueling with Hades, god of the underworld. The battle between the two was quite intense, and Melina, along with her friends, almost died. However, the daughter of Athena was capable of putting up a decent fight; hopefully she would be able to do so now.

Stella Johnson

Stella gripped her spear tightly after placing her sword in her sheath. She positioned her left side to face her opponents, just like Melina had done. Her hands held the weapon slightly above her chest, aiming the spearhead at Minerva and Eliza.

"You can make the first move," her younger sister said.

"We're ready for it."
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:57 am

I looked over at Mini with an amused look on my face.This was gonna be fun."Yo voy a peliar con la mas grande.Tu pelea con la mas chiquita.Got it?"I asked her grinning at my flawless spanish.Groing up in a house full of Latinos for twelve years paid of.Good thing Mini was one of those Latinos though she wasnt there during the 'incident.'
I smirked."Fine.But dont forget that that would only work with a sheild."I said complaetly bluffing though Im preety sure no one could tell 'cept El.I advanced on Melina running at her quickly and silently then running past her and slashing at her side with one sword while keeping the other raised infront of me for defense.
I smiled and ran at Stella just like Mini only I got their faster.Being a daughter of Hermes had its advantages though I would never in a million years say it aloud.I got in real close as to not give her space to use her sheild and slashed at her shoulders with both dagers.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:16 am

Melina Johnson

With Melina already in her stance, she was able to deflect Mini's attack just by moving her shield with her body - she twisted her waist and let the sword clang off of the shield. After that, Melina raised her sword a little bit higher than her chest; rotating it almost 180 degrees downward. And with Mini still following through with her attack--her arm still raised--it would be almost inevitable for Melina to miss her target - her opponent's side. The twelve-year-old kept her shield in its original position; covering her shoulder and most of her body; preventing herself from getting hit with a counter attack.

Stella Johnson

Stella slammed the butt of her spear down on the ground to defend herself from Eliza's attacks; as she didn't possess a shield to protect herself fully, but what she was doing at the moment should be good enough against two daggers. She kept spear in position, reaching for her sheath and drawing out her sword; slashing at the teenager's waist, which was left unguarded without a dagger to spare to protect it.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:59 pm

I smiled when she deflected my attacks.Fighting with people was alot better than with robots or dummies.More room to think.I jumped back a she swung her sword at me but she still managed to nick my waist.Ignoring the pain I ran at her again this time jumping over her and slashing at her back with one dager and keeping the other up for defense.Id learned my lesson about keeping up a good defense.
I backed up swords still raised looking for an opening.I didnt use sheilds because my swords were sefficent.My eyes changed to indigo as I read her aura.Full front attacks werent gonna work.This time I ran at Melina both swords at my side.I jumped and hit her sheild with the hilt of my sword and kept the other up in defensive.This would hopefully make her drop her sheild giving me an opening to attack,or atleast hurt her arm.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Melina Johnson

Minerva's attack on the twelve-year-old's shield had only managed to cause Melina to stumble only a small centimeter off of her balanced stance. The daughter of Athena concentrated all of her brain power on her next attack, but still remained well aware of her defense. Melina decided to take a risky chance, and go for her opponent's leg. She advanced forward before crouching down; her footwork supporting her balance. When she had crouched down fully, Melina lifted her shield above her head, shoulders, and waist; preventing herself from being wounded. Once her shield was in it's defensive position, the demigod swung her sword at her opponent's leg, hoping to make even the smallest of injuries.

Stella Johnson

Stella simply sidestepped her opponent's pursuit with immense speed. She had manged to get behind her opponent, then quickly lunging the butt of her lance into Eliza's back. If Eliza fell from the spear's push, Stella would then thrust her sword into the teenager's back; hopefully putting an end to the daughter of Athena's battle, so that she may assist her younger sister.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:44 pm

I fell from the spears push but I rolled forward last second.I brought up a dager infront of me in her direction as I stood up.This was interesting.A develish smile appeared on my face.I ran at her this time using the speed given to me by my bloodline.I slashed at her shoulder and torso but kept moving after the initial attack.Moving fast enough was a better defense than most people thought.
I jumped as the sword slashed at my legs.I was practically expecting that to happen.You dont crouch then raise a sheild to protect your upper body to try and attack someones shoulder.I rammed the hilt of one sword at her sheild again and slashed at the nice little opening she left to her legs.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Melina Johnson

Melina had expected her approach to work to no prevail; the manuever itself was difficult to learn, even for the most advanced of sword fighters. She speedily raised herself up from the dirt, avoiding Mini's incoming attack. The young half-blood kept herself well defended, awaiting her opponent's next strike.

Stella Johnson

From the corner of her eye, Stella witnessed Melina's sophisticated fighting style. Her younger sister seemed to be building off power from every attack that was beat down on her. The demigod nodded her head in approval, signaling that she understood Melina's plan.

Stella waved her lance in a circle, making it harder for Eliza to keep her weapons in her grasp. After that, she thrusted her sword's hilt into her brawler's throat, which would, unfortunately, make it harder for her competitor to breath if successful.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:21 pm

The spear hit my throat and I made a gagging sound.I back up my breathing labored and put to fingers on the place where my neck and shoulder seemed to connect.I rubbed lightly and my breathing went back to normal.Thank the Gods for tsubo points.I raised my sword again and risked a quick glance at Mini.She caught my eyes and mouthed 'now'.Iturned and slashed at Melinas back while Mini raced passed me and stood infront of Stella with her swords raised.
The technique had worke well enough but now that I was up close and personal with Stella I noticed to swords werent that good an option.I sheathed the oldersword and waited for Stella to attack.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:39 am

Melina Johnson

Melina sprinted passed her opponent's incoming attack, holding her sword and shield up for defense. She wound up next to her sister, Stella. The twelve-year-old nodded her head, and mouthed the word, 'go.'

Stella Johnson

Stella tried her best to refrain from looking at her sister, as she had their competitors to worry about. Nonetheless, she had managed to, with the corner of her eye, see what Melina had mouthed to her. Almost instantly, Stella twirled her lance so that it was facing vertically; perfect for defending against two attackers. If one had manged to pass by, though, she still had her sword; along with Melina, someone who had been studying swordsmanship ever since she came to camp. Her younger sister's shield could prove some worth, also.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

I turned around and found myself standing next to Mini.The other girls had done the same thing.Partners fighting.Great."Para arriva o para avajo?"I asked her in spanish.Good old spanish.So many people didnt speack it at camp it was sad.
I smiled as my eyes turned red."Parra ariva."I said.Almost simoltaneasly we ran at both girls,El swinging at Melinas lower body,while I swung at Stellas upper body.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Melina Johnson

Melina, with the assistance of all her years training, swiftly sidestepped Eliza's abrupt approach. Now the demigod stood further behind Stella, fully protected behind her lance; and also Melina's own shield and sword. She waited for her older sister to pull off her next move, which then Melina would be able to eventually advance in for her own attack.

Stella Johnson

The daughter of Athena once again rotated her spear in a perfect circle with enought power to, hopefully, knock the weapons of Mini and Eliza to the ground; or at least set up a temporary destration. Stella's gray-eyed gaze focused on their competitors' incoming moves, almost trying to memorize them for future pursuits. At the moment, the best thing the Johnson sisters could do is set up an impeterable defense; only to wait for the perfect time to strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]   Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family is just . . . Wonderful [Private to Meganpurple65]
Page 1 of 1