Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. Empty
PostSubject: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:05 am

Dean swung the blade around his right hand once before delivering a solid strike to a dummy's head, cleanly removing the head from it's body. Dean sighed loudly, fighting dummy's was too boring for him and out of frustration he kicked the dummy's head across the arena floor. 'Stay calm.' he told himself, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply - Only to, obviously, exhale deeply, but giving himself a calming breath which kept his nerves under control for the time being. He was hoping someone would enter the Arena soon so he could have a real challenge.

Last edited by Ares on Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:26 am

Derek Retoll
Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. E1330fdc18
"Am I Supposed To Be Happy?"
~o~o~o~o~o~

derek entered the arena, sword in sheathe and slung over his shoulder. "Hey." he greeted the other kid, and bringing his sword down. He placed it out of it's container and began to polish it before hacking some dummies. "So, what brings you here?" he asked, conversationally.

~o~o~o~o~o~
“When All I Ever Wanted, Comes With A Price.”
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:37 am

Dean sliced through a third dummy before he turned his head and sighed, speaking in conversations was hard for him but he tried his best and usually answered with as few words as possible. "Fighting..." He replied softly, not saying anymore though his eyes took in the boy's stature and examined him closely.

Last edited by Ares on Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:06 am

Of coarse he was fighting, what would you do in the arena, have a cup of tea?, he thought to himself. "Well, isn't that nice. he says, eyeing the other kid. Sure, he's seen him around, now and then, but eh, no one really notices him except whenever he's alone. Derek stopped polishing his sword, placeing the wax back into his pocket and standing up from the bleachers. He looked at the celestial bronze weapon in his hands, swinging it once or twice and watched as it sparkled in the sunlight. Proceeding to his first dummy, he threw a glance at the other kid. "So, I'm Derek, son of Apollo. You?" he asked, lunging to a dummy and practiced on disembowling its abdomen.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:18 am

Dean stopped attacking the dummy and stood up, looking down on the other kid next to him with a quizzical gaze. Dean took note at the he attacked the dummy, though he was slightly taken by surprise when the boy said he was a child of Apollo for almost, if not all, the children of Apollo that Dean knew relied on a bow for they all had a flawless aim. "Dean... But I am no son of a God. I only wish to kill them, including your father." He replied in a rather harsh and blunt tone, swinging his blade and removing another dummy's head, though he was tired of fighting dummies and turned his attention to the boy. "Interested in an early death?"
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:22 am

"I myself have no love for dad." he says bluntly, finishing off the dummy by beheading it. Ripping the straw clean off the body, he straightened himself triumphantly. Sure, he's heard of those rebellious campers in camp, and he didn't know why they do stay in camp for that matter, but why not make things...diplomatic? At least, for the start. "Death sounds harsh. How about first blood?" he asked casually, glancing at him in the corner of his eye.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

Dean grinned and turned his back, walking towards the stands as he grabbed his shield and placed on his helmet - Which were all crafted specifically for him by his Uncle. "The match will be over before it begins..." Dean said calmly, spinning his blade in his hand once and cracking his neck - He was ready and now all he awaited was his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:34 am

"I won't count myself out just yet." he said, having nothing but a sword and a body armor. Nothing. His dad gave him nothing, but a world of misfortunes, monsters and death. So he has no lonve for Apollo. But he does love camp, and all it's inhabitants, so he will never trade them for anything, even his life. "You ready pretty boy?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:38 am

Dean laughed loudly, as he stepped forward - He was now about 4 meters from his opponent. Dean concentrated for a few moments and completely prevented his opponent from moving - Using one of his many talents granted to him from his Grandfather. "I could kill you right now if I wanted to... But what fun would that be? You're messing with powers you can't even begin to comprehend." He said. The question was rhetorical and Dean removed the control he put over his opponent's movements, breathing in deeply and trying to keep himself calm. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

"That's nice." he said, regaining power and swinging his sword in front of him testingly. He grinned politely at his opponent and nodded his head. "Oh, after you pretty boy." he said, lowering his weapon a bit and keeping the smile on his face. But his eyes, his blue eyes retained power, feirceness and harsh.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

Dean stepped forward quickly, putting about a meter between himself and his opponent - From here, his second ability would come into play. Dean swung his sword with exceptional speed at his opponent's stomach in a horizontal slash, and due to the nature of his other talent, his movements were at least twice as fast as his opponent's; Giving him even less time to react to the difference in speed.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:35 am

That boy's fast, Derek thought, leaning back as the Dean swiped his torso. His eyes widened a bit, at least knowing how fast his opponent was. Seemingly, his brain went into hyper mode, catching every detail of everything. Regaining his balance, after stepping back a bit, he leaned forward and crouched. "My turn." he said, showing his perfectly white teeth. Derek jumped forward, lunging a bit at his opponent, sword slashing horizontally in his path of destruction and as if he's faster than most campers, which he is.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Dean smirked as his opponent dodged his attack, then proceeded with his own. He was sure his opponent would be a great fighter with a lot of speed normally, but against him - Everyone had the same speed. Dean pushed his left arm out and slammed his shield against his opponent's sword, the sound echo'ing through the small arena; but Dean knew he couldn't give his opponent a lot of time to think. The young Demigod stepped forward with his right arm bent and his sword close to him, and lunged it forward at his opponent's stomach. Dean knew that whenever he was this close to someone, he could move at twice their speed and so, Dean threw his right arm forward with a solid lunge at his opponent's stomach.

Last edited by Ares on Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Derek watched as he blocked his sword with his hands. How did he do that? he thought. But thinking was inevitable in these circumstances, and he was trained to act. So, as Dean's right hand began to cut through the air, he tried to avoid it by leaning right and grabbing Dean's arm with him, making him come down with him. Unfortunately, the blow didn't exactly leave him unscathed, as it punched his left side of the abdomen. Derek immediately doubled over a bit, coughing up some sticky liquid and spitting on the ground. "Cheap shot." he growled and threw away his sword. This was personal. Derek, still holding on to his opponent's hand, twisted it into an angle, he knew it would pop out of the socket.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Dean's gaze narrowed into a more glare, becoming more calculative but he couldn't prevent himself from smirking at his opponent whom had been so calm before and wanted a first blood match, but was now taking things so serious. The young Demigod couldn't help but chuckle, though he stopped when his opponent threw his sword away and began twisting Dean's hand into an awkward position. "Then let's play..." Dean said softly as he released his sword from his right hand, the blade fluttering as it slammed against the ground below - But Dean also moved his left arm quickly and took the shield off, throwing it about 3 meters away.

The young Demigod looked now, Dean's opponent had his wrist in a tight grip and maybe he could use that to his advantage. Dean stepped forward with his left leg and twisted his body in towards his opponent, but turning completely around in a 180 degree turn, immediately after that, Dean moved his right arm across his body and since his opponent was holding his wrist, this would cause his body to lean over Dean's. From here, Dean used his left arm to grab his opponent's arms which was holding his wrist and bent forward with him - Using his own body for leverage. Dean then pulled hard on his opponent's arm and this would cause his opponent to flip over and land on his back.

If Dean's opponent was flipped successfully and now laid on his back, Dean would take advantage of his opponent being on the ground. Because Dean was holding his opponent's arm, he would almost jump down, placing his opponent's arm between both of his legs as he used his body as a stopper. Dean placed his left leg across his opponent's neck - Not choking him, but not allowing his to lift his head. His right leg was placed over his opponent's chest - With each of his legs being on a separate side to his opponent's arm as it was placed in between them. From here, Dean would placed his left foot on the ground and use it to bridge his body up slightly.

With his body now bridged up, Dean would use his thighs to lock his opponent's arm in solidly and use his force to push the arm down, delivering an Armlock to his opponent. The armlock hyperextends the elbow joint and causes severe pain. If Dean's opponent didn't give up, he would have no choice by to snap his opponent's elbow joint and make his arm completely useless.
"Give up... It's over."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Derek flipped over a bit, but landed on all fours, as he twisted himself in mid fall. He growled at Dean, eyes flaring a bit as he tried to get on top of him. "It's over when the fat lady sings." he growled and used his left hand to push his opponent back. Derek used the force of pushing the kid to get himself up.

~lost of insiration...cause of your very detailed post. O.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.   Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ares v. Death (Dean v. Derek) - Open to all whom receive permission to join.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: