Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Excelsior's Characters [Updated]

Go down 
+2
SpySkater
Excelsior
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Excelsior's Characters [Updated] Empty
PostSubject: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Excelsior on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

Location : The labyrinth of my imagination... Wanna take a look?

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Awesome characters! I would love to roleplay with Samuel, Chris, and Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks. Name a time, place and occasion via PM and I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Excelsior's Characters [Updated] Jackman01

"The Lion"
Name: Harold Jackman
Age/Birthday: 18. Born August 30.
God Parent: Hephaestus
Mortal Parent: Ann Jackman
Years in Camp: 7

Brief History: Harold "Hal" Jackman was born to Hephaestus and Ann Jackman, an aircraft mechanic from Houston Texas. For the first few years, Ann did well in her career and provided a good life for herself and her son. She was thrilled at his natural aptitude for all things mechanical, and loved teaching him basic things about fixing machines. Unfortunately, she was laid off during a company downsizing when Hal was eight. Ann's new job, a garage attendant, paid much less than her old occupation. Mother and son moved from a comfortable townhome into a small one-bedroom apartment, but Ann always remained upbeat for her son's sake. They got by for three more years. At age 11, Hal was taken from school by a satyr named Carey Morten, who sought to get him to Camp Half-Blood. After multiple close calls, their luck ran out in New York--Carey sacrificed himself while distracting three empousai. Luckily, Hal was brought to camp by another nearby satyr. He has remained there ever since, making short trips into the city whenever safe to do so. Ann is still alive but is too poor to leave Houston.

Physical Appearance: Hal Jackman is fairly big, at 6'4" and 210 pounds. He has more lean muscle and less fat than other large guys, making him more cut than someone like Brandon Mathias for example. Hal's nickname, the Lion, comes from his mane of long, curly, dirty blond hair. This unruly coif, coupled with a crooked nose, two missing teeth and a bruise over the left eye (all sustained during workshop accidents) gives the impression that Hal is a stereotypical brawn-over-brains jock. That is, unless he has to prepare for a formal event. Put some powder on, conceal the bruise, straighten and trim the hair, and the guy can look decently handsome. This combined with his chiseled body results in someone who could legitimately pose for Calvin Klein, though Hal would much rather appear as his casual self.

Personality: Do not judge a book by it's cover. Hal may not typically look like a gentleman, but he is no meathead. This son of Hephaestus is friendly, humourous and outgoing--unlike some siblings he has no major problem dealing with other people. His hustle, determination and tireless work ethic are his strongest points--the fact that he never complains, does more than his share and never stops until the job is done well is inspiring to those around him. It can even become a rallying point during hard times. Since Hal loves to build, he is quite sentimental and wishes everything around him could be permanent--buildings, creations, friends, relationships. He's also modest, not wanting any glory or fame. He simply takes quiet pride in helping others.

Fatal flaw: First off, Hal can potentially work himself too hard. If a major problem arises, he takes it upon his own shoulders to fix that problem, and may not realize that every one person has their limits. Also, he has a hard time letting go of things such as an old home, a treasured gadget, or a friend, even if that friend was really an acquaintance. Hal tries admirably to remain objective, and intellectually he knows that war means destruction and loss, but it is still an emotional roadblock that can cause him to think irrationally.
Pets: He's befriended a camp pegasus named Luigi.

Talents: Hal's nickname also derives from his fast and ferocious fighting style--his build allows for remarkable speed without sacrificing much strength. The one minor drawback of his body is actually his relative lack of fat compared to other guys his size--this gives him slightly less of a cushion to withstand blunt trauma when set against people like Magnus Starkweather and Brandon Mathias. Hal is an accomplished combatant, armed and unarmed, being well versed in mixed martial arts and swordsmanship. He is equally comfortable fighting up close or at a distance, with swiftness or muscle.
In addition, Hal is a master of fire--his clothes and body are immune to heat, and he can project tongues of flame with his hands. He can melt iron and even steel with this power, though this is very taxing on him.

Weapons: Hal's primary ranged weapon is a customized crossbow with a scope. The crossbow has a special mechanism that snaps the bowstring back into place after every pull of the trigger, allowing for an increased rate of fire. Hal has normal, explosive and grappling hook bolts at his disposal. His other weapons are a halberd, scimitar and a pair of knives--all of these collapse into their hilts for convenience. He possesses a sawn-off Remington shotgun as well.
Other: Hal's latest journey into New York has been delayed by a number of unfortunate circumstances. He is currently missing from camp.

*I.E. Admins, that means he is a dormant character. I'll bring him in when another of my characters dies or leaves.*

Last edited by Inferno on Fri May 20, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Nice character! He's a little powerful though, so maybe take away one or two of his talents? :]

Also, guns aren't really allowed at camp because they're kind of unfair, so please remove that as well.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:43 pm

No guns? That's certainly not in the posted rules, and I've never heard that from Breeze, Dan or anybody else. Besides, we're referring to a camp with magic allowed in it. If magic can be here, why not guns?
Also, this is not the only character in the forum who possesses a firearm.

Last edited by Inferno on Fri May 20, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm

It's more of an unspoken rule then, and I know that I always enforce it. Guns aren't necessarily fair, bullets fly faster than blades, after all, and that makes all the difference in a setting like this where most characters use traditional weapons like swords and spears or just plain brute strength.

Magic is allowed because that is the way this it was written in the books and because there are people who can form resistance and develop immunity to magic.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:00 pm

If "fairness" is an issue, I can simply not use guns against other characters--I don't do that anyway. Plus, the presence of guns in CHB has been established in The Lost Hero. There is a canonical base for them now--I would not have brought them in if that were not the case.

Having said that, though, I am not here to argue and break rules. If you insist, I will comply. However, I would appreciate it if this rule is officially posted, to make it clear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Ah no, it's alright now, the only issue would be if you intended for your character to use the gun against another camper in a duel. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine.

Accepted!
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 am

Combat Scouting Reports

Key
Power: The amount of physical strength possessed by the demigod.
Speed: How fast and nimble the demigod is. This is a combination of straight-line speed and agility.
Endurance: How well the demigod can last in combat. This is a combination of physical stamina and the ability to withstand blunt force punishment.
Defense: The demigod's ability to block, parry and/or avoid incoming attacks.
Skill: A combination of the demigod's natural combat aptitude and the training they have received.
Special Abilities: Any powers inherited as a result of the demigod's divine parentage, and/or other factors.
Description: A summary of the demigod's fighting style, strengths and weaknesses.

Brandon Mathias
Spoiler:

Chris Talbot
Spoiler:

Samuel Anders
Spoiler:

Malcolm Reed
Spoiler:

Jerrod Willis
Spoiler:

Jeremy Willis
Spoiler:

Magnus Starkweather
Spoiler:

Hal Jackman
Spoiler:

Grayson Starkweather
Spoiler:

Last edited by Excelsior on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 am

Whoa...big words...hey, Inferno, are you into paintball guns and hunting?
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:18 am

No actually. I have a friend who is, but I'm just a bit of a theoretical gun geek.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 am

Poop to you then. xD
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Character Theme Songs:

Brandon Mathias: "Diamond Eyes"--Shinedown
Brandon is a soldier first and foremost. In his opinion, duty is more important than anything else--fun, fame or romance. The lyrics of this song (such as "I'm on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine") depict Brandon's bravery and valour. He is a loyal trooper and he'll lay down his life for the safety of others in a heartbeat.

Samuel Anders: "Half the Man"--Threshold
Sam is not a fan of conversation, so an instrumental piece suits him well. This track starts out slow and suspenseful, representing Sam's relatively dark personality and hard past, before rising to a pulse-pounding climax to show this young man's bottled ferocity and rage that is unleashed in battle.

Chris Talbot: "It's My Life"--Bon Jovi
Chris knows that he won't live forever, so he's out to make his time on Earth matter to his friends, peers and to society. He is quite practical and open-minded, excited to see where life will take him and what he'll be able to do there.

Malcolm Reed: "Ready Aurora"--Tom Salta
Malcolm is a pure intellectual. He lives to amass knowledge, theoretical and practical. This Scottish demigod looks at everything from a logical, rational standpoint. He acts more like an android than a man, with a usually limited emotional range, so this instrumental track fits him because it too does not change in tone.

Jerrod Willis: "Praan"--Garry Schyman
Jerrod may be six foot six, but he's quiet and reserved. The lanky son of Hermes loves nothing more than reading by himself, enjoying nature and generally being solitary. The tone of this track fits his personality well.

Jeremy Willis: "Shake It"--Metro Station
In stark contrast to his brother, Jeremy is a party animal. He loves to hang out and make friends, and shows surprising stamina for his slight frame during social events. He's also a flirt and thinks about romance quite a lot, as shown by some of the song lyrics. But most of all, Jeremy lives to have fun.

Magnus Starkweather: "Snow's Theme"--Final Fantasy XIII Soundtrack
Magnus is all about being cool. He's a proud, pure-blooded American from a rich family, and he's proud of that, sometimes to the point of arrogance. On one level, Magnus is a dedicated soldier like Brandon, but the son of Zeus can be less disciplined than his Ares friend. Magnus places extra emphasis on being rad, and this electric guitar ensemble is every bit as hardcore as he is.

Hal Jackman: "Burn For You"--TobyMac
Hal may look like a redneck and be able to control fire, but he is actually laid-back and friendly. The tone of this song fits his generally chill personality while still showing his discipline and willingness to get the job done at personal cost. Hal's inner fire is brightest when he is creating things that will hopefully last many years, and it will never stop burning.

Grayson Starkweather: "Fireflies"--Owl City Grayson is a kind and intelligent young man, but he does love to dream whenever he has a moment to himself. His mind just enters it's own little realm, thinking of random and abstract things that sometimes form into coherent ideas, which Grayson writes down. This song captures the mood of such dreaming very well.

Last edited by Excelsior on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow. That's pretty sweet. xD
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks very much. I try.

Last edited by Excelsior on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:54 pm

It is very cool. ^^ I really like the detail you have in your characters.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Excelsior's Characters [Updated] Will-rothhaar-338318

"The Drifter"
Name: Grayson Starkweather
Age/Birthday: 16. Born January 3.
God Parent: Aether
Mortal Parent: Nicole Starkweather
Years in Camp: 2

Brief History: Grayson Starkweather was born in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to Nicole Starkweather, a traveling businesswoman, and Aether, the god of the upper sky. Grayson only stayed in Yellowknife for a few months before he and his mother returned to Houston, Texas. Nicole was the younger sister of Rachel Starkweather, making Grayson the cousin of Magnus Starkweather, son of Zeus. Grayson and Magnus became friends, although their relationship was tentative considering their vastly different personalities. Magnus was the first one to go to Camp Half-Blood--Grayson followed 2 years later when he and his mother were attacked on a back road by harpies. Nicole survived with grievous injuries, while Grayson was rescued by a satyr.

Physical Appearance: At 5'9" and 146 pounds, Grayson Starkweather is an average-sized teenager. He is wiry but fit, with defined muscles and a six-pack, though he lacks the sheer muscle mass of his cousin Magnus. With light brown hair, soft blue-grey eyes, rounded features and a fair complexion, Grayson is quite handsome and attractive to girls. He prefers casual clothing with light colours, but is not very picky about what he wears.

Personality: Grayson is a laid-back and easygoing guy. He rarely, if ever complains, and is content to drift and see where life takes him. He is typically calm, soft-spoken and kind, ready with a smile and a nice word to cheer up the people around him. Being the son of Aether, it makes sense for Grayson to have his head in the clouds. Indeed, he is a real dreamer when he has a moment to himself, and is often stuck in his own little world. At times like these, Grayson exhibits an almost childlike innocence, and while he isn't stupid, he's not exactly grounded.

Fatal flaw: Being the dreamer and the drifter that he is, Grayson has a problem asserting himself with force. He is not dumb, nor is he shy, but he decides to let things work themselves out most of the time, optimistically thinking that things will turn out fine. This can be a significant problem when a situation calls for swift and decisive action. Grayson is occasionally blind to the fact that sometimes, everything will not be alright--however, spending time with the practical and action-oriented Magnus is starting to turn this around.
Pets: Most animals tend to like him.

Talents: Because he has spent so much time in contact with the soldier background of Magnus, Grayson has learned quite a few things about fighting. He has received a moderate amount of training in mixed martial arts, and has learned the arts of parkour. Grayson is a more accurate shot than Magnus and far more agile. He is also stronger than he looks. In addition to combat skills, Grayson has a talented singing voice and can play the guitar with skill.

Weapons: Grayson possesses a standard-issue bronze sword, a longbow and a utility knife. He may obtain other weapons at need.
Other: Grayson has an abnormally healthy metabolism. It is almost like he is breathing purer air than what others breathe, but he has hardly ever caught a cold before. It is highly improbable that he will contract an environmental illness such as cancer, but he is not immune to serious pathogens that spread by transmission. Provided nothing severe happens, Grayson is destined to life a very long life.

*Dormant at the moment*
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm sorry, but you already have 7 characters!
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I can see that, but I said *dormant* for a reason. If he gets accepted, I plan to make another character of mine inactive so I can fit this guy in.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Well, I will accept him, but I would like you to make a character inactive before I do so. I noticed that it said dormant, but I would like you to make room for him before hand.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Active Characters:
Brandon Mathias
Magnus Starkweather
Jerrod Willis
Jeremy Willis
Samuel Anders
Chris Talbot
Grayson Starkweather

Dormant Characters:
Malcolm Reed
Hal Jackman

Character Theme Songs and Combat Scouting Reports updated
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Okay, thanks. Accepted!
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I really like Grayson! <3
Is he single? I've been thinking about a boyfriiend for Olive...?
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Yeah, he's single. All of my characters except for Jeremy are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Characters [Updated]   Excelsior's Characters [Updated] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excelsior's Characters [Updated]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: