Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Something missing...[Private with Katie]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec

Alec

Something missing...[Private with Katie] Empty
PostSubject: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Alec sat with his back against a tree, thinking about his time at Camp so far. He liked Camp a lot, but somehow he felt that something was missing. If only he knew what that something was. The teenager chuckled. A child of Athena, wise and noble, couldn't figure out one small problem. It was sad. Well, whatever. He'd figure it out eventually. He had plenty of time, and nothing to distract him except for the occasional nut dropped onto his head by a bored Dryad. In other words, prime thinking conditions.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:24 pm

"You Know... After a while I expected you to move..." I called from up in the tree "Generally people don't like being hit with nuts. Unless... Are you a nut?" I asked smirking slightly, I checked his eyes, "Son of Athena? Grey eyes right?" I shot him, "Sorry I talk a lot." I shrugged "In case you're wondering what I was doing in the tree I was just laying in the sun cause it feels good."
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Alec jumped slightly as a voice reached his ears. Looking up, he saw a girl sitting in the tree and looking down at him. Was she the one who'd been dropping the nuts on him? Well, whether she was or not, one thing was for sure: this girl was odd. Alec wasn't sure what to think of her.

"I'm a son of Athena, yes," he replied. "And I was thinking. I generally don't notice other things when I'm thinking. Besides, I figured whoever was dropping nuts on me would eventually get bored and stop."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:24 pm

"Stop?" I laughed shortly. "Why would I stop?" I grinned, "Katie Firebird daughter of Apollo." I scratched my neck "Watcha thinking about?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Alec gave the rhetorical question serious thought. "There's a variety of reasons, to be honest. You could have run out of nuts, or fallen out of the tree..." he trailed off, trying to think of more reasons. Then he remembered that she had introduced herself and forced his mind to focus on that. "Alec Harkin." Her question made him pause, once again, to think. Though Katie didn't honestly have to right to question his personal thoughts, he felt he could at least give her some sort of answer.

"It's difficult to explain," he began. "I'm thinking about Camp, I suppose. About how I feel about it."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:08 pm

"Whadya mean how do you feel?" I asked puzzled, "You either feel something or you don't?" I sighed, "For example right now I'm feeling confusion, I don't need to know why I just am!"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 am

Alec sighed with exasperation. Katie was odd. "You may be fine with feeling the way you do and not questioning it, but I'm not," he replied. "I feel...strange, and there isn't really a word to describe it. So, I came here to think about it."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:52 am

"What kind of feeling is strange?" I asked laughing "What did you like throw up a hydra or something?" I continued chuckling a bit, "Tell me, oh wise one. Do you have any cute single brothers?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

Alec shook his head, and there was anger in the gesture. He hated it when people didn't understand him. Then again, at the moment, he didn't understand him, so he couldn't blame Katie for taking the whole situation lightly. "I just said that I couldn't describe it," he said. "And to answer your question, I don't know. I don't talk to my siblings much."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 pm

"Wouldn't you think that combining brain power would be better?" I asked "You should really know these things. Surely there must be someone as cute as you around?" I smirked as he tried to wrap his head around that one.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Katie had a point about combining brainpoweer. Alec was about to respond when she continued speaking. When he heard what she said, he blushed bright red. "What? I-I'm not...I don't..." he stared at the ground. For once, the child of wisdom didn't have anything to say.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:16 pm

"What embarrassed?" I chided him, "You're a cute boy!" I kissed him quick on the cheek. "And I said so! That makes it official, Y'know if you wanna date me or something." I told him giving my sunniest smile.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 am

The situation was escalating far out of Alec's control, which was something he just couldn't bear. She called him cute. Was he cute? He'd never thought about that. To him, looks didn't really matter. If you were going to be friends with a person, personality was much more important. But Katie had called him cute. That was a good thing.

Then, she kissed him, and his brain went into shock. His face redder than it had ever been before, the boy struggled to form words, making sure to look anywhere but at Katie. "Wha--date? But you...I...we don't even...I don't...you just..." Once again, he could say nothing even remotely coherent. The normally confident, intelligent teenager was going to pieces.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

"I didn't say you had to?" I chuckled at him as he broke down, "I was just lettin ya know I'm open and available!" I swung my hands by my side, "As I've heard before, love at first sight right?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Alec couldn't understand how Katie could possibly be enjoying watching him freak out. He was still as speechless as he had been until Katie mentioned love at first sight. Then, his brain latched onto something it could refute and he came back to his senses.

"Love at first sight doesn't really exist, though. You can look at someone and think 'Oh, they're good looking,' or 'I bet they're nice,' but love takes time to be created. Besides, you didn't love me when you first saw me. You would have said so if you had. You don't love me now either. you're just messing with me." Even as he spoke, Alec thought about what was happening. Was Katie the thing that was missing from his enjoyment of the Camp?
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:10 pm

"I never said I loved you at all?" I pointed out. "You can't prove love at first site exists, but you can't disprove it either." I shrugged "Thats how I see it anyway. You can look at it anyway you want, for instance how do you feel about me?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 pm

She had a point, though not a very good one. He had an answer ready when she asked what he thought about her. "I think you're very odd. Nice, but very odd."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

"Oh thanks." I muttered dryly "I call you cute I get odd, very fair tradeoff." I rolled my eyes at him, "What BESIDES thinking were you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:54 pm

"You asked what I thought of you," Alec said with a shrug. He was glad that they had moved on to another, far less embarrassing topic. "Would you prefer that I had lied? If it's any consolation, you are pretty."

He wasn't sure what sort of answer Katie expected when she asked what else he was doing. "All I was doing was thinking. Serious thinking is a big deal, especially for children of Athena."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

I winked at him, "See giving compliments isn't SO hard." I yawned, "Thinkings boring why don't, Y'know hang out with me or something?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Alec didn't see how thinking could be boring, but maybe Katie had a point. After all, if he wanted to find out if Katie was what had been missing from his experience at Camp, wouldn't hanging out with her be the best way to do that? His mind made up, Alec smiled at the girl. "I think I'd like that."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm

"Alright then what do you want to do?" I asked smiling gently at his acceptance, "I'll do anything, things have been getting repetitive for me."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Her question got him thinking. What did he want to do. "I don't know..." he said slowly, then smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I'm not that good at social situations.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

"Well I don't know about any parties tonight?" I told him, "Although we could go cruise around Manhattan for one?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Alec wasn't really a fan of parties (or much of anything that most people considered to be fun, really) but maybe this was an opportunity to have some fun and stop all the thinking he'd been doing lately. So, he nodded. "Sure, that sounds good."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something missing...[Private with Katie]   Something missing...[Private with Katie] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something missing...[Private with Katie]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next