Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makani

Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) Empty
PostSubject: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:28 am

Selim (Salem really, no one could ever pronounce the darn Arabic name his mom had foisted on him) yawned heavily and blinked several times, fighting the inborn urge to sleep. Sleep sounded great right now, like it usually did but when Barda Al-Naziri had dropped him off with distinct orders to get his butt down the hill and into the counselor’s office or so help her she’d send him off to the evil Jocha and Abugida the child eaters. It had been a long time since the old bedtime story had scared him, but Salem was still scared of Barda. He had the sneaking suspicion that his cousin Hakim had told her about his tattoo and Salem wanted nothing less than to face his mother’s formidable wrath. So, falling asleep on the spot was not an option (sadly) and instead he had to haul his hinny and his suitcase down the huge hill, to the counselor’s office and then probably sit through some boring initiation without falling asleep. At all. The very thought of it nearly brought Salem to tears. No sleep? Till dark? The lanky teen groaned and swore up and down that as soon as the initiation was over he was going to climb into a nice, tall tree and get some rest. With a heavy sigh, Salem pressed his i-pod headphones against his head, trying to keep himself awake with the wonderful music of the Sex Pistols. ‘Anarchy in the UK’ blasting in his ears, the disgruntled teen set off down the hill.

Camp half-blood. What kind of name was that, anyways? Mom had told him something about his real dad being a supernatural being and that, now that he was older monsters would start coming for him, but honestly, Salem hadn’t listened very well. It had been warm in their apartment when she was talking and he’d been having a great dream earlier in class about being able to erase people’s memory (specifically the memory everyone had of him walking out of the gym locker in his boxers. Narcolepsy was a total coolness killer sometimes).

Salem yawned heavily and blinked, the 'I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?' slogan on his shirt becoming a blur. Really now. Couldn’t he just take a quick nap. Shaking his head, the dusky-skinned boy started singing aloud the song lyrics, trying to keep himself away while he walked. Maybe there would be cute girls there- and if there were, the last thing he wanted to do was sleep walk and drool right in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:55 pm

<-------------------- The stupid weaboo with the stupid icon*

My "Lizard" senses are tingling.

Which only means one thing.

NEW KID!
----------
I don't really have lizard sense. Which is a real downer for all of us, its just that my stupid creator, yes you Irene, made me think I have Lizard Senses. So of course, this is going to be like any other introduction. A guy coming down the hill being chased by monsters, passing out, waking up in the infirmary, etc.
SHUT UP AND GET ON WITH IT!
Yeah yeah, whatever Irene. I got it.
--------------------
So, I hiked up the hill just like the stupid weaboo who has a stupid icon told me to,*
only not to find a boy or girl who has great magical powers, or is the 50 millionth son or daughter of Poseidon, Zeus, or Hades, or is Percy Jackson's true love and Annabeth's worst enemy, or some random emo goff girl who is destined for Nico.
Because what I saw made me smile.
Even though it was just a kid, looking half asleep, tracking down hill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 am

The song on his i-pod ended and Salem looked down to get the name of the next thing on his playlist. Oh dear. It was ‘All the Single Ladies’ by Beyoncé. Salem winced- the song had gotten on his i-pod when he’d used his cousin’s Aisha’s computer to download new music. At first he’d been rather grumpy about Aisha’s mainstream music getting on his mp3, but after listening to some of it, the tunes of Beyoncé and Lady Gaga had become his (very) secret guilty pleasure. So, tucking the music player deep in his pocket (in case the great gods of cool happened to be looking down on him) Salem let the song play.
It started off with harmless humming along to the song and before he knew what he was doing (it was uncontrollable, like a virus or something) Salem was singing along at the top of his lungs with a little dance (gangly limbs going everywhere) added in.
“ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! IF YOU LIKE IT-“ And of course, because he had the worst luck in the world he danced right into the camper coming up the hill, bowling the smaller girl over. Any social life he might have hoped to have here was officially ruined.
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 pm

The guy was random.
Creepy.
Weird.
But funny.

As soon as I started walking up the hill to help the camper, he started singing the most recognizable song on the planet, and I soon started to hum to it. I can picture Zaph dancing to it already. Heh.

"Uh...do you need any help with your OH SHI-"
WHAT.
THE.
HADES.

The dang guy knocked me over!
Back to top Go down
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Salem smacked his hand against forehead and then immediately removed his headphones. On the ground, next to the girl with strange hair he had knocked over, lay the shattered remains of any chance of a normal social life here at camp Half-blood. Salem groaned and offered her his hand.
“Yo…uh, sorry ‘bout that. D’you need a hand up?” Salem accompanied it with a winning grin. “And, uh, d’you think maybe you could stay quiet ‘bout me shakin’ my booty to Beyoncé? It would totally ruin my bad boy image.”

Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:52 pm

"Sure" I murmured quietly to the guy
Wait.
No.
Irene, no.
Your making this stupid.
"So, Booty-Shaker, whats you name?"
I am definitely not keeping quiet about this. Mwahahahahahaha....
Back to top Go down
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

No! Nooooo! The gods of cool hadn’t just frowned upon him, they had totally decided to grind his face in the mud. This was awful. The highlight haired girl was going to be the death of him.

“Aww, c’mon! I haven’t even been here for a day, Highlights! I don’t deserve this! At least give me a week to settle in before I get some kind of awful nickname!” Salem wasn’t on his knees and begging but he was close to it. Swallowing his pride had never killed him in the past. And besides, Highlights (what was her name, anyways?) had seemed reasonable. Maybe some kind of bargain?

“Tell you what, Highlights- what’s is your name, anyways?- I’m Selim, but everybody calls me Salem. And if you keep the booty-shaking between us I will…” Salem’s voice trailed off- what did he have to trade? He suddenly grinned, realizing he had what every eleven year old girl would willingly give their soul for. Reaching into his backpack, he withdrew the large ‘candy care package’ his mother had sent him with.

“I will give you this entire bag of awesome.” He held up it, triumphantly. There was no way any girl in their right mind would refuse the beauty of chocolate plus the added power of gummies, licorice and skittles.

“Besides, if you don’t spend all your time trying to destroy me, we could be, like, great friends. I need someone to explain this all to me- all I got from mom was some supernatural mumbo jumbo. I don’t even know why I’m here.”
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 am

QAQ Sorry! Forgot to post up the character I was roleplaying with >///<
If you want, I could make a new character (me)
Here is the character I was going to roleplay with
Clicky
But I much rather roleplay with this one, afterall, they are almost the same age- I could add highlights to the hair :D! That would be exciting...
Back to top Go down
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Sure. Sounds great. I don't mind just continuing this RP, now that I know what age you character is. It was kind of confusing before.
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Yeah...Now she has highlights :3 LIKE ME!
----------------------
Salem. So thats his name. Its ...catchy...But wait whats that OH-
Candy.
Candy.
Candy.
IRENE :D
Shut up.
>:'(
I eyed it like it was my prey, in which it was, but still.
"Deal." I snatched the bag.
GIRL, THAT CANDY IS MINE. YOU BEST BE SHARING!
Back to top Go down
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 am

Salem stared dumbly down at his hand where the candy had been a second ago. Wow-on top of being kind of cute, she was really fast. Maybe she was related to the Flash or something. That had always been his favorite comic book hero.

“So, why is this place called camp ‘half-blood’ anyways? Kind of a creepy name for a camp, don’t’cha think? Oh, and what’s you name, chica-dee?”
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:00 am

OC: Sorry for not posting for more thsn a couple of days. I've been grounded (AND I STILL AM NOW!) because of sleeping in class. I honestly think I am a child of Hypnos some times.

Ripping open the bag, I glanced up at the Salem. What he said only made me giggle a bit, recalling when I first came to camp, and one of my friends first time coming to camp.
"Whaaaaat is this place?" the girl continued. I immediately recognized the refrence from the parody of Naruto (Clicky and skip to 6:23)
"Some kind of flat surface area thats all white." the girl giggled, then said "No seriously though, what is this place? A real funny name for a camp if you ask me"

"My name is Liz. So, Salem, if you could understand this, then I will give you some of the candy in this happy happy joy joy bag."

"Μιγάς δηλαδή για μισό θεός και κατά το ήμισυ του ανθρώπου. γνωστός και ως ημίθεος. Αυτή είναι μια κατασκήνωση για ημίθεους, όπως παρατήρησα στο σημείο, ετεροθαλείς στρατόπεδο."
Back to top Go down
Makani

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

OOC: Wow, grounded? I don't think that ever happened to me... that must really suck. Sorry.
"What... half-gods...camp? And why are you speaking garble-d-gook?"
Better question, Salem realized, was how he had understood any of that strange speaking.

"Liz, could you, maybe try again in the magical language of English? I don't know about you, but I kind of prefer it."
Back to top Go down
Socialized Fireflies

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm

OOC: Yah...but I'm back on for a while, won't be on tomorrow though...maybe on Wednesday I could get back on, after all I can't sleep in class for 7 days -w- ITS KILLING ME!

Dang it! Must....Think...Of....Comeback!

"Maybe if you repeat what I just said in English..."

Alright! Gigiddy!
HEY! YOUR COPYING QUAGMIRE >:|
Shut it, Irene.
Oh yeah, I should probably explain who "Irene" is.
You know the weird voice in the back of your head that seems to talk to you? Yeah, thats it. I call her Irene though. Sometimes I think I am just some made up character in a book.
IRONIC, AIN'T IT?
What is?
NOTHING...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)   Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fresh Blooded Half Blood (or the Naive, Narcoleptic New Kid)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: