Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Whips Don't Make Songs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Whips Don't Make Songs Empty
PostSubject: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 pm

CRACK! Phoebe's whip cracked at a metal dummy, snapping one of it's hands off. She grinned with delight as she heard the clunk of metal on the hard ground. Taking a step back, she turned her back and twirled around, round-house kicking the metal dummy and later hitting it with her whip. Almost laughing with triumph, she set down her whip and headed toward the benches, sitting down next to her black backpack with neon green accents. Phoebe took out her iPhone and started checking out her text messages. Just some boys trying to date her, nothing much.

"I could make a Youtube video of me working my whip?" She questioned herself, going to the "Youtube" app on her phone. Once she got her phone filming, she picked up her whip and lashed it around, hitting the dummy, but barely making a dent in them. Her whip was only to scare enemies, not really to hurt them. Sure, she could easily cut off some un-protected place, but her whip was useless to any of the armored parts.

After she was done making the video, she watched it. "Drat, why can't I make a decent video?! I can't make a single video of myself without looking like I'm trying too hard!" Then it hit her. She could lash her whip to make it sound like a song!
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 pm

"I'll tell you why," I said to her in my thick texas accent, "you are swinging too much from the shoulder, you need hip motion. And whips don't sing. They cry," I said the last part with a twinge of sadness.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 pm

"Woah, hey!" Aeon Ananke rushed into the arena, completely oblivious of the girl's long ranged whip. With one hand, he gripped the top of his teal coloured beanie, as though trying to keep it from falling off his mass of messy dark hair, in his other hand, he dragged along a tall bonde boy's shirt sleeve.
"That's one of those iPhones, right? I thought we weren't supposed to use cell phones around here!" Aeon examined the phone with wide eyed curiosity. It didn't seem like many people bought any new technology to camp very often, and it was always interesting to see how different tools used their clock settings. "Terry, check it out! Or. Well..."
Aeon released the other boy's sleeve and gave him an apologetic look which was met by a quick smile.

"What're you watching there anyway?" Aeon peered over the girl's shoulder to see a short clip of her practicing with her whip. "Hey, that's pretty neat." He said, smiling encouragingly, "But you kind of look like you're trying too..."
The blonde boy nudged Aeon's shoulder. "Aeon..."
"Hunh, yeah?"
"I think we might be... I mean, we kinda just rushed in here, hahaha." The boy named Terry scratched the side of his nose and laughed nervously. "Sorry about my friend. He's kind of enthusiastic... I'm Terry, and this is... ummm this is Aeon."
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm

"...Aeon? How doya spell it?" Setting down her phone, Phoebe Grace got up and lashed her whip near the face of a young camper, about 10 or 11 years old. Startled in fright, he collapsed to the ground and curled up in the fetal position. This normally didn't occur, it was the first time she saw it happen.
"HAHAHAHA!" She burst out laughing and she clutched her stomach and bent over, still laughing. After a while, Phoebe wiped an invisible tear and took a breath, still giggling every now and then. " Annnywayyyys... I'm Phoebe Grace, daughter of Eros. How old are you two?" Phoebe asked out of curiosity. These two boys were... Strange to her. One boy was just like any other boy except he wore a snow cap and had yellow eyes. This other boy was really tall and he had grey eyes, maybe a light blue? Not that she was looking at their eyes, it was just hard to not notice. "What's with your eyes anyways? Are you diseased or sumpthin'?" She said, directed to Aeon.

This day was suprisingly calm to her, considering her mood didn't swing all that much. She hated her mood swings, she was nice and sweet like sugar one second, but a devil the next. "Alright, well I gotta go whip some dummy butt, so I'm gunna whip it while you tell me everything there is to know about you." Phoebe ordered in a joking way. She laughed and picked up her whip, slashing some metal dummys in the bum area, smiling and doing her fancy twirls and sutch.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 pm

((Kendall, don't forget that powerplaying is against the rules! For the sake of the roleplay's rhythm, I'll just go along with it, but try not to let it happen again))

Aeon pushed himself up off the ground and sat cross legged, dusting his hands off as though nothing noteable had happened. He tugged at Terry's pant leg as though to get him to take a seat beside him.
"I'm 15! That's quite some whip you got there!" Aeon piped, a proud expression on his face. "Uhh... and I'm 16," Terry added, hesitantly sitting next to his companion. Usually when people sat down for conversations, it meant they were going to be there for a while, and Terry wasn't too sure he was comfortable talking to a girl, particularly one who was apparently armed. He was also pretty sure sitting down in the arena wasn't a good idea in general.

Terry took in a deep breath as he heard Phoebe's question. He knew physical appearance could be a touchy subject with Aeon.
"I! I'm not diseased!" Aeon stared at the girl indignantly, "Why are your eyes whatever colour your eyes are? My eyes are my eye colour because they're my eye colour!" Aeon crossed his arms and huffed, although he didn't seem to be showing signs of wanting to move, even as Phoebe left to practice against the dummies.

"Well ummm," Terry said, feeling as though he ought to try and break through the discomfort, "I'm a son of Apollo... Aeon's unclaimed... I don't really know what to say about myself, hahaha. I mean, it's not like I'm super interesting or anything?"
Suddenly, Terry felt a tugging at his sleeve again, and heard Aeon whisper harshly into his ear "I think there's a cowboy in the arena." Aeon was staring a clearly older camper in a ten gallon hat and a long trench. "Actually, I think he might be a vampire hunter. He's got the coat for it."
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:26 pm

[[Sorry, I'll try not to do it again.]]

As Phoebe showed off with her fancy whip, another girl with similar features to Terry's came up and sat next to them. "Hi Terry. Hi Aeon." The girl only known as Liliana Brooks said in a very blunt voice. Liliana Brooks was the Athena Cabin leader, being very wise, she wasn't that old. She was 14, she appeared 16 because of her height. Phoebe, being that ignorant person she is, ignored them and threw her whip down on the ground, screaming, "You darned whip! You're no good at whipping dummies!" Phoebe was Bipolar, causing her frequent mood swings that she hated. Right after she yelled at it, she began crying, and she sat on the bleachers on the other side of the arena, muttering apologies to her whip.

"That guy creeps me out over there. What do you think he's doing?" Liliana whispered with a sharp edge, staring at the man out of the corner of her eye. She heard Aeon make a comment about him, something about vampire hunters and cowboys. Liliana crossed her arms and observed a rolly-poly. Liliana was a curious child, she enjoyed learning and discovering new things, but intelligence did come with a price. At a young age, she fell off a playground and hit her head hard, causing some sort of mental disorder. She never figured it out, and is beating herself up for, "Not being smart enough to figure it out."

Liliana urged herself to ask how those two were doing, but she was concentrating on the man (And the rolly-poly). That man was strange. What was he doing here? Liliana had kept a hand on her dagger, just in case he attacked. You never know what's out here in Camp Half-Blood...
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:33 pm

"Oh hey," Terry mumbled after recognizing Liliana's voice. Aeon smiled welcomingly at the new arrival, but said nothing in reply, unsure of the girl's name.

"I think he's a camper..." Aeon said in response to Liliana's comment, glancing sidelong at the cowboy-esque figure, "He's got the shir-..." Aeon jumped up as he heard Phoebe suddenly yell accusingly at her whip and run off crying. Both he and Terry shifted around quietly, uncomfortable with the situation.

"Terry, you know a lotta girls right?" Aeon finally asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.
"Uh, yeah. I guess."
"Then you know how to talk to 'em. You know... crying ones." Aeon tilted his head in the direction of the crying Phoebe in the bleachers and coughed a little."You need help?"

Terry pushed himself off the ground. "Ah no, I should be good," he said, dusting his hands. He made his way towards the other end of the arena, his hands in front of him, until he felt his feet bump into the base of what he knew to be the bleachers.

Scratching his arm, he searched for the right words to say. Although it was true that many of his friends were girls, it didn't mean he was yet comfortable to talk to them, especially if they were crying. "Ummm," Terry said finally, "Are you okay? You ah... you left in a real hurry."
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 pm

After hearing Terry's soft voice, Phoebe wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek and shook her head angrily. It wasn't that she was angry at her whip, it was that she was angry at herself for being angry at her whip. Faster than you can say, "Jack rabbit", Phoebe was up on her feet and beaming like a ray of sunshine. "You bet I am! Gee, thanks Terry! You made me feel a whole lot better!" Phoebe giggled, giving Terry a slight hug and running off to the stuffed dummies and spinning on her heels. She whipped the dummies, skipping around in circles.

"Uh... Bipolar, I guess?" Liliana whispered in an un-even tone. She shifted around in her seat. Liliana was picking at her grey nail polish, which was slowly chipping away when she realized that Aeon didn't know her yet.
"Oh my gods! I'm so sorry, it never hit me that you dont know me yet!" Liliana was frantically looking around, trying to hide her embarassment. She stood up and put her right hand out to shake with Aeon. Liliana quietly introduced herself with a beet-red face.

[Excuse the short post, please(:]
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:21 pm

(Only if you forgive the late reply!)

"Uhh, no problem," Terry responded, unsure of what to make of Phoebe's sudden change in personality. Girls were mysterious. They were emotional, and seemed sometimes like they could cry at the drop of a hat, but this was a whole new level of bizzarity for Terry.
"Oof," Terry grunted as he felt the girl's arms wrap around him and as he heard her feet rush away from him he was overcome by a feeling of confusion and embarrassment.

Aeon watched the girl suddenly switch from crying to extreme bliss with curiosity. "Wow," he said, stunned, "That was about 37 seconds of dialogue. Is it normal for people to change emotions so quickly?"
"Oh," he said after having listned to Liliana's response. He frowned slightly, confused. "I thought the cycles for that were usually longer than that... You know, a couple of weeks at the least," Aeon started out somberly, but then returned back to his cheerful disposition just as quickly as Phoebe had, "Whatevs! It ain't like I'm a psychiatrist or anything! Hahahaha!"

The girl suddenly introduced herself, seemingly flustered. Aeon grinned back at her in a comforting way. He hadn't thought to ask Liliana for her name, having been confused and distracted by Phoebe's sudden emotional rollercoaster. "Cool!" Aeon laughed despite himself, "I guess you already know me though! You don't havta be embarrassed!"
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

"Take care of your mouth," I say to the kid, "idle gossip tends to attract flies."
"and it is cowboy," I say proudly,"never even seen a vampire and I don't think I'd care to."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whips Don't Make Songs   Whips Don't Make Songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whips Don't Make Songs
Page 1 of 1