Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Blackened Sky--

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, this is a story I've been working on for quite a while... It's just the beginning, but the only people I've shown it to are my best friends, and they're kinda biased... x] So here it is, named after Biffy Clyro's first album, but it will become apparent why later on. Be warned, there might be some minor language used, but I'm not sure if this is my clean story or not... x]--Rufus

Blackened Sky.
I smile a small smile of content, as she snuggles into me, head against my chest, an old film playing on the TV, though I’m more interested in her. I kiss her hair and she giggles.
“It tickles!” She complains, half-heartedly, though I know she likes it really. My smile widens a little bit, and I place my hand in hers. She turns to face me, beautiful grey eyes staring into my brown, and we kiss, a gentle thing full of love and warmth. “I love you, Callum.” She yawned, as I wrapped my arms around her.
“I love you too, Nora.” I replied.

I had loved her for so long. She was my love, my life, my sole purpose for waking in the morning... but she was my brother’s. None of this was true, no matter how much I wanted it to be. It was just a dream.
The real Nora wouldn’t ever want to date me, her best friend’s older brother. I woke up to the sounds of my mother’s screaming.
“CALLUM! IF YOU EVEN WANT TO THINK OF GETTING TO SCHOOL ON TIME, I WOULD THINK OF GETTING UP IMMEDIETLY, YOUNG MAN!” I groaned, before wiping the sleep out of my eyes, and rolling out of bed. I walked downstairs, clad in just my superman boxers, only to see Nora and Daniel (my little brother) in the kitchen. Great. Just great. I tried to stay calm and not blush or anything, but it was hard, with her giggling in the background. She was only in year eight for god’s sake! And it was not cool for a sixteen year old to be crushing on somebody who was three years younger than him. I grabbed the orange juice carton out of the fridge before glaring at Dan, his sniggers still audible.
“Aren’t you meant to be setting off for school now, Danny? Wouldn’t want you to be late!” I sneer, sarcastically. Why couldn’t he get a life and stop pestering me? He pulled his tongue out at me, and I heard a stifled giggle escape from Nora’s mouth. I took a swig out of the carton, before dropping it on the floor, and storming up to my room. I slammed the sticker-clad door on the world, and flopped back down on my bed. I wasn’t going to cry or anything like that, I was just on edge. Life wasn’t treating me the way I hoped it would recently. The pile of homework on my desk was forever growing, my friends list ever shortening. I had no time for anything, or anyone, including myself, and was just getting weighed under by exams, college forms, and CV applications. It was all too much for my small teenage brain to handle. I wanted my life to revolve around fun, not work. But I knew my carefree days had ended a while ago. My bedroom door swings open, revealing my mother, whom promptly walked over to my bed, sitting on its edge.
“Callum, are you ok?” She asked. I could hear the concern leaking into her voice. I shook my head. “What’s the matter, Cal? You do look a bit peaky.” She turned on the whole mother with a sick child act, checking my temperature, checking if my tonsils were swollen or not, checking my body for spots.
“Nothing’s the matter, mum. Just a bit stressed I suppose.” A bit stressed? I hadn’t had a single day where I’d had no homework or coursework since I was in year seven. That was three years ago. And I’d never taken a sick day in my life. She thought for a moment, before reaching into her pocket and pulling out her mobile phone. “Mum, who are you phoning?” I asked, but she just put a finger to her lips.
“Hello? Moorvale high School? Hi, this is Callum Donovan’s mother, I’m afraid our Callum is too ill to come into school today. Don’t want to pass on his little cold to all his classmates when exams are so close by. Thank you,” And then she hung up.
“Thanks mum.” I mumbled. She smiled at me, and winked.
“Just this once, eh? Now, rest and relax, and I’ll bring you up some soup after I’ve driven Daniel and Nora to school.” She walked out of my room, closing the door quietly behind her. I groaned, and pulled the dark duvet over my head, blocking out all sunlight. I wouldn’t go to sleep- I knew that. I just wanted to feel like I was asleep. So I could kid myself into thinking everything was fine. I heard my mother’s car reverse out of the drive, and drive out of the estate. I tried to actually fall asleep, but it didn’t work. I just tossed and turned in my bed, undecided whether the covers stayed on or off, or if I slept on my back or side. I sat up in my bed, eyeing the pile of sheets and books on my desk waiting to be written on and completed. I averted my eyes, looking at the clock instead. My mind spent a few moments trying to figure out what the numbers read, before figuring out that it was 9:30 AM. Only half an hour had passed since my mother left, and already I had failed at the day’s task. I rolled out of my bed, landing on a mix of blue carpet and dirty clothing. I dragged myself up to my feet, grabbing a random pair of black jeans from the floor, throwing them onto my bed for me to change into later. I bent over, looking for a t-shirt or something to wear, but found nothing on the floor. I shuffled over to the wardrobe, and opened the doors, picking out the first thing I saw, which happened to be a Manchester United football shirt. A small smile found its way onto my mouth. Every summer my father would buy both me and my brother a new football kit, even though I hated the sport. Most of the time they found their way shoved to the back, never to see daylight again, but this one seemed to be lucky. I threw it onto the bed, like I had done with the jeans. I took a step back, closing the doors and scoped my room.
“Now, what to do first?” I asked myself out loud. “Homework, or bedroom?”

Last edited by Zombie Elmo on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pooh-Bear

Pooh-Bear

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Oh my goodness. I want to read more of that story so bad. The beggining is so darn sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://thefallen.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 am

--I really liked it! It was a good start, so I can't wait to read more!--
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 pm

*Thank you! I might put up the next part when I've finished my site-story for someplace else... =D*
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:25 pm

--Okay! xD!--
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:55 pm

COOL!
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Thaaaanks. . . It's really old though. I think the original file on my laptop was deleted >z<
xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blackened Sky-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackened Sky--   Blackened Sky-- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackened Sky--
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: