Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Administrators

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tethys
Experienced Poster

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

I've been discussing this in the chat, and Death and I suggest that the admins need to do some things;

1. Accept Characters: I understand you have other things to do, and there are a lot to look at, but you have a job to look at these characters. If you don't have time to do this, your not fulfilling your duty as an admin. If you were busy with other things, maybe an admin position doesn't suit you. If new members' characters don't get accepted, they'll just go inactive. And if we don't get active members to join, older members will stop going on. And when the older members stop going on, the site will crash. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but this'll have to be done.

2. Throw Away Old Topics: I have seen this only happen once in the last month. We're trying to keep the forum clean, and it's pointless to keep old topics sitting there. Again, if the admins need to do other things, maybe they don't have the capability to have power over the forum. For example, there's still an old Halloween scary story topic at the Amphitheater, plus member made topics from a month or two ago.

3. Rename the Christmas Tree Patch: I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet, it's fairly simple. Just go to categories and forums in the admin panel, click on it, and rename it back to the 'Strawberry Field' or whatever. This is pretty unimportant, but it needs to be acknowledged.

4. Updates: We need to know what's going on. The posts at news and updates should be a bit more frequent. At this point, members have no clue what's happening. When's the next battle, who gets the canon characters, etc. I understand that you might be waiting until the new staff are decided, but we should be directly informed if there are any changes here. Skin changes, additions, staff changes, etc. Actually, I think Dan's doing pretty good at this. Just before Dan was admin, no one was informed there of the skin change, staff change, etc. I don't think this is too much of a problem. Honestly, I think I'm posting this because I'm curious about the canon characters and stuff right now.

This wasn't meant to offend anyone, I have nothing against the current admins, personally. Dan and Zan both have their strengths of administrating the forum, but there's other things to do. I'm not trying to argue or be rude, but I think if they can't take these responsibilities for whatever reason-- too busy with school, have other things to do, etc, that they shouldn't be an admin. Admins are people who watch over the forum everyday, and make updates. Becoming admin just doesn't give you power, it gives you responsibility. Some people can't handle this responsibility. An administrator needs to be active, responsible, and experienced. We have too many active members to count. It's hard to find someone responsible enough, and in the end they don't end up with the other qualities. And lastly, just because a member has experience, doesn't mean they're responsible or active. I think we need the 3rd admin to have all those qualities. I'm not pointing fingers, and I'm not saying the admins should demote themselves and find new people, this is just my opinion in general of what needs to happen. Someone needs to take action. Thanks for reading this,

~Wish
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 am

No bad intentions guys. I really like Zan and Dan to be admin, but we need active admins to help with the site. We couldn't do everything as regular members.

This site needs people who will accept these responsibilities cause if we don't, the site will die off soon. Sorry if I'm too open this time but I feel the need to tell you guys this.

So please, if we don't have the admins active, might I suggest another slot for admin?
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am

I forgot to mention that-- I agree with Death. Now that the admins are a bit, well, inactive, it we be smart to give an extra slot, so we have enough to do everything on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:47 am

If you read Dans newest post in news and updates he used the key word ADMIN(S) I picked up on it and What I heard was they were going to promote the top 2 or 3 (most likely 2) nominee's.

~Katie
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
tethys
Experienced Poster

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:50 am

Oh! Never saw that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrators   Administrators I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Administrators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: