Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Alec's Characters

Go down 
+4
Dan
tethys
Prince Deity
Alec
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Name: Alec Harkin
Age/Birthday: 15/August 31
God Parent: Athena
Mortal Parent: Lucas Harkin
Years in Camp: 1
Brief History: Though Athena couldn't say she loved Lucas, she admired his intellect, which was greater than that of most mortals. The goddess also found amusement in the man's last name, which is similar to an ancient word meaning "listen." Figuring that any children with such a name would have to be wise, she chose to bless Lucas with the gift of her offspring. So Alec came to be.

The boy quickly established his wisdom, and didn't disappoint his mother. He excelled in school, even going so far as to call the whole thing "a complete waste of his time." However, his father made him continue to go, trying to let his son live a normal life. By the time Alec was thirteen, however, Lucas knew that a normal life just wasn't going to be enough for his son. So, he sent the teenager off to Camp Half Blood, where he has been ever since.

Physical Appearance: Alec has brown hair that sticks up in spikes all over his head. His hair is often messy, as he never bothers to style it. The boy has the storm grey eyes that are a trademark feature of Athena's children. There are often dark circles under these eyes, as Alec often stays up late reading fantasy books. Most often the teenager can be found wearing a Camp Half Blood shirt and shorts over his tan skin.

Personality: At first meetings, Alec comes off as cold. This is on account of his "holier-than-thou" attitude, which can be a little off-putting. The boy prides himself on his intelligence, and it shows. He tends to look down on those who aren't as smart as him, or those who choose brawn over brain. This leads to an intense dislike of the children of Ares (Alec avoids them like the plague).

Assuming someone could get past the first impression (it's not that hard, really), they would find Alec to be a nice guy who just needs to loosen up a little. If he had a few close friends Alec would stick by them and probably be a little nicer to everyone else.

Pets:None
Talents: Alec is very smart, and is good at seeing all sides of an issue and getting others to agree with him.
Weapons: Twin daggers made of celestial bronze.
Other: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Alec on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:16 am

Hello, and welcome to CHB. I myself just joined yesterday.
Might I suggest coloring your character, in case you make more in the future?
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks, I didn't think of that. Welcome to you as well.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:31 am

Welcome to the site! Very nice first character!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 am

A great first start. Well done! Accepted. (:
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Name: Aaren Fowler
Age/Birthday: 13/October 2
God Parent: Hephaestus
Mortal Parent: Victoria Fowler
Years in Camp: 0 (New arrival)
Brief History: Aaren's childhood was filled with explosions, all caused by him. The boy has always loved to tinker with tools and metal, but somehow almost everything he makes blows up in his face. His mother kept a careful eye on her son, and eventually, after realizing that it would be best to have Aaren learn how to build things that wouldn’t try to kill him, she sent the boy to Camp Half-Blood, hoping that the other children of Hephaestus could put his talent to good use. Aaren has just been dropped off at the Camp with no real explanation as to why he's there.

Physical Appearance: Aaren has black hair that goes down to his shoulders and often obscures his eyes, which are light brown in color. The boy's face is often covered in motor oil, as are his hands. He often wears a simple t-shirt and shorts, which are stained as well. His skin is tanned, as he spends a lot of time outside, testing his inventions. The teenager's body is covered in scars, some big, most small, from his inventions' explosions.

Personality: Aaren is a friendly guy. He always has a smile ready to greet any new people he meets. When in conversation, however, Aaren can be difficult to talk to, because he is easily distracted. Often he'll forget he's in a conversation and start telling the listener about whatever creation he's just made, oblivious to their reaction. If someone can keep Aaren focused, he's a great guy to be around. The boy loves to be helpful, and will often ask people if they need any assistance, any time, to call on him.

Pets: None
Talents: Working with and shaping metal to be how he wants it, making things explode.
Weapons: A wrench made of celestial bronze that, when a small button on the bottom is pressed, turns into a sword, and a ring made of celestial bronze with a gemstone that, when pressed, expands into a decent-sized shield. Aaren keeps his weapons disguised so other people won't steal them.
Other: Nothing at the moment
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Another great character! By the way, clicked your egg.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Thank you. :D
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Awesome characters! Really, I'm impressed. Whenever you get a chance, maybe we could roleplay sometime? Just hit me up on a PM anytime. :D
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:22 am

Can I get mod reviewal on my character please? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:40 am

Hey! Nice charrie Alec! You may be wondering why the admin might not been looking at your charrie, and the answer is simple. We all have our seperate lives and we may be busy at times. So plaese just be a little more patient. Alot of us are also waiting for approval for our charries.

And whenever you want to rp, just pm okay? Your charries are awsome!
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Ya, I can't wait until your new character's accepted. The admin haven't been accepting characters for the last week or so; they must be busy...
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Agreed with Wish. (:
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Sorry for such a delay on this... yes, I've been pretty busy with some personal stuff, but I'll try to continue to accept characters as frequently as possible. (: Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Character you're applying for: Athena, goddess of wisdom and warfare
Brief description of the character: (Personality and Physical)

Physically, Athena is unremarkable, though she is possessed of what could be called a cold beauty. The goddess has long, black hair that flows down her back in curls. Her eyes are grey, and her gaze is stern. Athena seldom smiles, and most often looks at things as though she is studying them, assessing their merits and faults. Her clothing changes, but always remains simple. Usually a white toga, perhaps with a breastplate. Obviously, though, since she can change her form at will, her appearance is not constant

Athena is the goddess of wisdom and warfare, which obviously shows in her personality. Athena is wise and disciplined in her thinking. She does not act until she has considered all possible outcomes or complications. However, in desperate times it is possible for her to think both quickly and accurately. Athena seldom, if ever, takes risks, even advocating the death of Percy Jackson at one point because of what he might do in the future. Everything she does has a reason, and nothing is ever left to chance.

To her children, Athena is kind and protective, though not overly so. She has great love for her children, partially because of their unique birthing process. Athena has said that her children are “born from thought,” and that this is the purest kind of love that exists. Athena so loves her children that occasionally she claims them at birth. She will go to great lengths to protect her children, but since she is loath to take risks, will not act purely out of worry for her children’s wellbeing, and will always carefully think before acting.

Though she is not the goddess of vengeance, she might as well be. When wronged, Athena will retaliate, and will not stop punishing the offender until she feels they have suffered enough. However, Athena isn’t foolish, and won’t make careless mistakes out of hatred. Cold and calculating, Athena will find ways to punish those who wrong her that make sure they will not do so again.

Though she is the goddess of warfare, Athena is much more of a tactician than a fighter. She prefers thinking to violence, and leaves the violence to Ares. Athena is more likely to be seen in a command center directing troops than on the front lines, unless fighting was absolutely necessary.

Sample Roleplay:

Athena sat on her throne, pondering the coming war. More specifically, she wondered what role the demigods, especially her children, would play. Though she didn’t want to admit it (demigods were so chaotic and unpredictable), the gods would need help to destroy the Titans and Kronos (if his destruction was even possible). The goddess of wisdom wasn’t incredibly concerned about her own children; they came from her, and thus were wise. They would be able to keep themselves and others alive, as well as strategize for the Camp. The other children, though…

Athena frowned. While she respected all of the other gods with whom she shared Olympus, she knew that some weren’t as wise as she, and might not act in everyone’s best interest in the battle. This was especially true of Ares. Just thinking of the man gave the goddess a minor headache. Ares lived for violence, blood, and carnage. The war would be like candy to him. That would not be helpful while trying to strategize. She could see it now: Ares’ contributions to their battle plans would amount to little more than “Kill them all!” That could be disastrous.

Still, Athena had faith that, even if she and the other deities failed, their children could help in some way. A combined effort by dozens of children descended from the gods would certainly some sort of impact on the war. As long as the campers carefully thought through their actions, and with quite a bit of help from her children, the demigods would be able to assist the gods in repelling the Titans.

Sighing, Athena rubbed her temples, dispelling the pain that ran through her mind. It would probably be best to report her thoughts to Zeus, seeing as she was his closest advisor. So, the goddess rose and exited the throne room to search for the Lord of the Sky.

Why do you deserve/want to roleplay this character?

I want to roleplay Athena because of her status as the goddess of wisdom. I consider (and have been told by others that this is true) myself to be wise, which I image the person roleplaying Athena would have to be in order to nail her down. I write well, and my posts are of decent length. I spent two years RPing on a site which required multiple paragraphs per post, and posts full of description and depth, so that’s what I write. I feel that I can portray Athena’s cold wisdom well and be an asset to the site.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 pm

I like your Doctor Who pic
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Name: Julie Baum
Years at Camp: Her entire life

Brief History: As a wood nymph, Julie has spent her entire life living in the forest near the Camp. She spent most of her younger years playing tricks on demigods who passed by her tree. Many a camper walked away from the forest with a sore head, having been the victim of a thrown nut. Recently, however, Julie has focused more on helping out the camp during their fights. Camp Half-Blood is her home, and she does what she can to protect it.

Dwelling: Julie lives in the forest at Camp Half-Blood. More specifically, she resides in a fir tree in the middle of a particularly shady spot in the forest.

Physical appearance: Julie is of average height, with shaggy brown hair that goes down to her shoulders and green eyes. She wears a simple green tunic, and never wears shoes. When she blushes, her skin turns green rather than red, on account of the chlorophyll running through her body. Her wrists and neck are often adorned with necklaces and bracelets bearing beads in various shades of green.

Picture

Personality: Julie is a very kind nymph, and immensely enjoys helping others. However, her desire to help everyone means that often she trusts people too easily, and can't tell when people have ulterior motives. This hasn't gotten her into trouble yet, though, so she sees no reason to change her ways. Julie loves talking to different campers, but sometimes babbles without realizing it. The girl doesn't know when to shut up.

Fatal Flaw: As mentioned above, Julie's main flaw is that she trusts people too easily, believing that no one honestly means harm to anyone else. This makes her vulnerable to lies and tricks, or even physical harm.

Talents: Julie is good at getting people to open up to her, and is also good at making various things with plants (medicines, splints, etc).
Weapons: Though she doesn't fight often, when she does, Julie wields a long stick sharpened at both ends.
Other: Nothing at this time
Back to top Go down

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Alex and Sam are accepted!
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Yay! Thanks. :D
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Lot of Alex-es lately. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alec's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alec's Characters   Alec's Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alec's Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: