Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Meeting One: Why the Fields?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Meeting One: Why the Fields?  Empty
PostSubject: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:03 pm

What am I even doing here? I can't think of a good reason I'd even want to go to the Strawberry fields, so how... I stopped to watch as some Dionysus kids and Demeter kids did their weird strawberry farming bit. I didn't come here to make fun of 'em, that ain't my style. I don't pick fights unless I gotta.
Was I drawn here today, like fate or something? I dunno, I don't really like the whole idea of the fates. Pisses me off. I'll fight against whatever's been planned out for me, I control my own life.

OOC;; is this private?
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I walk through the strawberry fields waiting for someone to come. Then I see someone in the strawberry fields. I walk up to them so I can introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Logan Aller son of Ares. Who are you?" I say, happy that someone actually came to the strawberry fields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:02 pm

(( It was supposed to be private, but I guess it's public now? xD

THIRD PERSON FOR EXTRA AMAZINGNESS. ))

Tucking her dark hair behind her ear, Melinda leaned back against the tree she had chosen beside the strawberry fields and bit her lower lip. What? Just because they were the strawberry fields they couldn't have trees? The shade was a sanctuary for the children of Demeter and Dionysus who worked under the scorching sun. So, let there be shade!

Why was she thinking about things like that anyways? She should have been thinking about why she had gone to one of the trees in the strawberry fields rather than anywhere else.

Seemingly unsatisfied with her hair tucked behind her ear, she brushed it back and stared at it when it fell back in her face. Why did she part it in such an annoying way? Seriously, what was the point of looking good if it just came back and irritated you to no end? Why was she asking herself so many frackin' questions? Inhaling and exhaling even though she hadn't said anything, Melinda blew her hair up and watched it as it drifted back down.

She repeated this a few times before her eyes drifted off and watched the other people in the fields. All working so busily, they didn't seem to mind the heat at all. Crazy, in her opinion. Guess that was how you felt when you were doing something you loved.

Wow. That sounded... incredibly corny.

Averting her gaze and scanning the fields, her eyes stopped on one particular figure. He looked familiar, she just didn't know why. Narrowing her eyes, she looked to see if he was some sort of threat or something. She had probably seen him around camp. He looked kind of tough, and... tall. You could tell that Melinda wasn't exactly great at describing things. Maybe he was a cabin leader? They had been announced some time when the the voting was all through. That was it! He was cabin leader of.. the Minor Gods? No. He didn't look like a son of a minor god. He looked like a son of.. Ares! That was it, cabin leader of Ares. Maybe.

Tucking her hair back behind her ear before she realized what she had done, Melinda made an annoyed noise and brushed it back again. Old habits die hard. She thought, pursing her lips before finally tying up her hair. No, that wasn't good either. She couldn't tie her hair up properly without a brush. Making another annoyed noise, she let her hair down again and crossed her arms. She made no effort to approach him.

(( It's not nearly as awesome as I would've liked. I'M SORRY, INAN, I'VE DISAPPOINTED YOU. ))
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Out of the corner of his eye, Deimos could see a familiar looking younger boy, one Logan something or other, approaching him. The boy was broad, with dark hair and dark eyes to match. He had a pleased expression on his face that struck Deimos as a little off compared to his usual fierce self.

Deimos turned away, disinterested. It wasn't that he didn't care for his siblings, it was just that he didn't want to have to deal with them all the time. Still, it seemed as though talking to the boy was unavoidable.
""Hi, I'm Logan Aller son of Ares. Who are you?" the boy said. Deimos stared at him in disbelief. He knew his siblings had some issues, but for one to not even know who his cabin leader was? You had to be kidding.

"Deimos Seo," He muttered as he glanced around the field, as though refusing to make eye contact with Logan. Momentarily, his eyes flew over a fair brunette. Pretty hot, despite the distance. He took a moment to look her over quickly, as subtly as possible. After all, he wasn't some pervert.

OOC;; I GUESS I'LL THIRD PERSON TOO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Twirling a few strands of hair around her finger, Melinda stared at the sky for a moment before nibbling a little bit on her lower lip. She was craving something, she just couldn't put her finger on what exactly. Maybe some food? Melinda placed a hand on her stomach and paused, trying to decide whether she was hungry or not. Nope, that wasn't it.

She took out a bag of candy anyways. Strawberry, her favourite.

Ripping the packet open happily, she took out a candy and unwrapped it expertly before popping it in her mouth. She had mastered the art of unwrapping candy wrappers after years of practice and sore fingers. It was hard, and it required nimble fingers but eventually, she got the unwrapping part down to almost a second. Tucking her hair behind her ear again, she sucked in her cheeks and made a face before putting away the bag of candy. She still hadn't figured out what she wanted right now. Unless...

Was it possible? No, it couldn't be. That was crazy!

Melinda Larkin could not be wanting some human interaction. That was impossible. Insane even, and scary. But it wasn't like there could be anything else she wanted right now. Standing up slowly, she looked over at the pair of boys once again, this time with a rather grave expression. This didn't make any sense to her. She didn't feel the need to talk to anybody else, so why this boy? An Aphrodite thing? No, it wasn't like this for other males.

Swallowing, she brushed the grass off her jean shorts and legs and walked over to the boys. What would she say to him anyways? Such an awkward thing to do, even though everyone else at camp seemed to do it all the time. It seemed stiff to her, and uncomfortable.

She did it anyways.

"Hello." She said in her usual chilly tone that most found quite hostile and unfriendly, directing the greeting towards the older boy - she had no interest in the younger one. Did most people smile when greeting others? Melinda definitely wouldn't smile to a total stranger, that would be odd. Fighting the scowl that wanted to creep onto her features, she managed a neutral expression - looking neither amused or angry, just emotionless really. "Hot day, isn't it?"

(( Do you, by any chance, like hotteok? o 3 o ))
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 pm

As he gazed off into the distance, avoiding his brother's gaze, Deimos couldn't help feeling his head constantly turning in the direction of the girl he had just seen. It was frustrating, it almost felt as though he wasn't in control of his body.
Stiffly, he turned away from the girl, staring intently in the direction opposite from her.

Suddenly, a chilled voice behind him greeted him. Turning around, Deimos was surprised to see the girl from eariler. Up close, he noticed a certain gradiation in her hair of greys and whites. Although it was strange, the way the colours of her hair were layed out gave her a somewhat elegant look.

Deimos felt slightly pleased to have been approached by an attractive girl like her, but at the same time... He felt incredibly frustrated. He had intended to avoid her, yet here the girl was talking to him. Making it impossible to ignore her. She was like some sort of annoying fly. Some sort of attractive annoying fly.

"Yo," He responded, acting as non chalant as possible, "It's pretty hot. But you deal with the weather."

OOC;; It's okay, I guess. Too sweet for my taste, to be honest...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 pm

(( Are you... kidding me? Too sweet? THERE IS NO SUCH THING. ))

"I guess." She said, wrinkling her nose, she shaded her eyes before squinting at the sun. "I really prefer cold weather though." She said thoughtfully, mussing her hair before running her fingers through it shortly after. Did it seem like he was avoiding her eyes or something? Raising a hand to rest on her jaw softly, she wondered if there was a blemish of some sort on her face.

Wow. Did she actually care?

Lowering her hand as if she had been shocked, she stared at it for a moment before clicking her tongue then freezing.

Had he heard that? She hoped not. Then he might think she was bored, and that would be rude since she had been the one who had walked over to him. Should she say something? If she said something quickly though, he might think she was covering it up. Deciding to wait a little bit before saying anything else, Melinda rolled her lips nervously and glanced up at the boy through her lashes. This was so strange. She usually didn't think about things so much.

"I guess I should introduce myself - since I am the one who approached you, I'm Melinda, Melinda Larkin, daughter of Aphrodite." She said, thanking the gods because her voice didn't tremble or break, and because nothing remotely embarrassing seemed to have happened. She debated mentally about extending her hand so he could shake it but she voted against it, tucking her hair behind her ear again and cracking a small smile at him instead. That was probably the only smile he would get for a while. Unless he managed to make her laugh or something.

Furrowing her eyebrows delicately, Melinda's eyes darted to the other boy, feeling a flash of annoyance even though technically, he had been there first. Feeling herself glaring at him a little bit, she dipped her head slightly as a silent apology before looking back to the older boy.

She wondered what his name was. Maybe it would be something real unique? He didn't seem like the type of person to have an name you heard everyday. It didn't seem right. Didn't fit his image.

For a second there, Melinda hated her oh-so-common, rather dull and plain name. For one brief second, she wished people would grin at her when she introduced herself and compliment her name. For one strange second, Melinda Larkin actually cared what people thought about something of hers.

This guy should have been getting on her nerves, making her think and care so much. Oddly enough though, he wasn't ticking her off in any way. In fact she was kind of.. refreshed? She didn't know how to describe it. It was.. an enlightening experience?

"You're cabin leader of Ares, right?" She prayed she was right, she would look so stupid if she wasn't, and she didn't want to look stupid in front of this guy.

(( INAN, WE'RE FRIENDS RIGHT?

I feel as if I'm making Melinda OOC >w> ))
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:47 am

The way this girl spoke and stood... her general aura; there was something cold about it. It was hard to believe she would be a daughter of Aphrodite, after all, Deimos had always been under the impression that Aphrodite children were vain and flirtatious.
To meet someone who didn't meet his expectations was interesting yet frustrating. Everything about this chance meeting between he and this girl seemed to be going in confusing, uncontrollable directions. It wasn't something Deimos liked to think about.

"Deimos Seo," he nodded, noting the slight smile on the girl's lips. It seemed kind of out of place to him, he wasn't too sure how, after all, he was never really a peoples person, but something about it seemed unnatural. "And yes," he continued, but not before glancing sidelong at his younger brother in a bit of an accusatory fashion, "I'm Ares Cabin Leader."

At that he kind of expected her to be impressed, after all, there were only a few cabin leaders in a camp full of hundreds. Surely that would be impressive to most? Then again, this girl didn't seem too typical at all.

OOC;; I prefer savoury foods over sweet ones. ALSO, WHY WOULDN'T WE BE FRIENDS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 am

(( Nah, I was just asking because I enjoy being friends with the people I role play with.

ALTHOUGH I'M KIND OF WONDERING HOW I COULD BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE WHO PREFERS SAVOURY FOOD OVER SWEET. ))

"Late congratulations to you then." She said, letting her eyes wander around the fields and scowling lightly for about a minute before she looked down to see why it felt like something was crawling up her leg.

Glacier eyes widening considerably, she examined the small spider that decided to climb her like a tree and remained motionless for a few good seconds. In the next minute, she managed to remain relatively quiet, flick the spider off her leg, and flee to her tree again.

"This is why I hate nature sometimes." She muttered quietly as she crouched on the grass.

(( Because I felt like having Melinda make a fool out of herself and bugs always manage to do that.

We could end this one and have them meet again somewhere else or we could continue this.

WE SHOULD HAVE LIKE, A HUNDRED MEETINGS.

I've been reading too many drabbles. :l ))
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 am

Deimos was about to respond to her rather emotionless congratulations, when he noticed a change in her facial expression. From anger to... shocked? It was hard to tell.
She leaned downwards to touch her leg for a second before rushing off back to the tree where she had first been seen, leaving almost as suddenly as she had appeared.

Deimos stood, frowning, wondering what could have caused this sudden reaction. Did he say something to offend her? It wasn't really like him to worry about whether or not he offended anyone, but this girl... the way she acted just didn't make any sense. People should act in a way that's understandable, Deimos thought to himself, frustrated.
He took a moment to nod in the direction of his younger brother before leaving the strawberry fields.

OOC;; Savoury foods are better D< Either way, were should we meet now?
ALSO WHAT IS A DRABBLE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 pm

(( Erm. At the stables? A drabble is like, a short story in fanfiction usually 100-1000 words long. They're usually pretty fluffy, just show how a character would react to a certain situation.

You want to make the topic or should I? ))
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 pm

OOC;; You can do it if you'd like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:29 pm

(( Okay.

ಥ益ಥ

Click it. 8D ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting One: Why the Fields?    Meeting One: Why the Fields?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting One: Why the Fields?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: