Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Not just another Runaway.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

Not just another Runaway. Empty
PostSubject: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am

After hours of a silent drive, no tune emitting from the usually buzzing stereo system, only listening to the quiet purr of the truck's engine, I finally parked the vehicle along an empty roadside. This had to be the place. Reaching over to the passenger seat to carry a small white bunny in my arms I stepped out of the truck, leaping out from the high seat onto the ground. I looked around at my surroundings, unsure of where to go next, but as if right on cue the small animal in my arms squirmed and leaped to the ground running towards a rather large hill. "Captain! Where are you going? Come back!" I called out to my pet, but as the bunny's small head turned to look back I could clearly hear his sqeaky worded voice, telling me to follow him. With a small grin, and a roll of my eyes, for Captain always seemed to know the answer, I ran after the hopping creature, my breath slowly beginning to hasten as I ran the incline of the hill.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 am

I peer over the hill, staring at the struggling girl. My eyes shift to the bunny, which is when I make a jump in front of the bunny. It would either stop and stare at my curiously, with my half goat legs and half human body, or just hop over me.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Nearing the top of the hill the bunny soon slowed to look back at his following master, me. I was getting along fine, I'm not a star athlete of any kind, but I can at least hold my own and run. Looking back, the small woodland creature hadn't noticed the Satyr step in front of his path, but as I neared the top of the hill my eyes widened with shock and I stopped dead in my tracks. Staring at me with curiosity the bunny followed my gaze and turned to see creature standing before him. With an obvious squeak of delight the bunny quickly hopped in circles around and through the Satyrs legs. I could hear the bunny cheering for himself, congratulating himself that he had lead me to the correct place.

Gathering my thoughts together, for the sight had left me speechless, I drew in a deep breath and called my pet bunny back to my side. Picking him up in my arms I stared at the half goat creature once more, unsure of his reactions and if he was a friendly being. The bunny obviously thought so, but I knew he wasn't always the brightest at choosing who to trust.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:02 pm

"Why, hello young lass! That be one of the friendliest bunnies ever! Knew a guy who dated on before. Mon, he was crazy. I'm Rover, a Satyr! Made from spirits, no freaky deeky things with animals and humans and furries!" I reply in a Jamaican accent, charging down the hill to greet the young women.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Clutching my pet in my arms my bright green eyes widened as I heard the creature speak. I wasn't quite sure what I had expected. Did he say he was a Satyr? Named Rover? As if in response to my thoughts the bunny in my arms twitched his nose and ran his paw over his ear. The creature before me definitely spoke to me, but it was like talking to a human, it wasn't the voice of an animal that I usually hear in my head. "Um...hello." I spoke unsure, but my voice wasn't quivering. Being unused to this whole new world seeing a mythical creature before my eyes so suddenly was a shock. But I soon pulled myself together and put on a smile, obviously this Satyr, Rover, was friendly and one I could trust, maybe. "I'm Whisper, and this is Captain." She nudged the small bunny in her arms with a smile. "Did you say...you knew a guy who dated a...rabbit?" Her bright green eyes twinkled as her smile widened to her cheeks. That had to be the most ridiculous thing she had heard yet. But then again, the fact that the man-creature-goat-thing-Satyr was created by Spirits and not perhaps intermammal mixing was also at the top of her crazy list.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:23 pm

"Yeah mon, his name was Carrie. I think their living in a penthouse apartment in Miami. Mon, heard that's almost like Jamaica! Just... Different! That bunny of yours is down right rude, knowhatImsaying? Covering his ears like that! This ain't be the 50's! Whispers your name? Welcome to dis' place we call Camp Half-Blood! You look a bit old to be here, should of come bit earlier!" I say, grinning at myself. Perhaps she is just the Daughter of a minor god?
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

The Jamaican accent of the Satyr Rover made me smile and I soon relaxed into the scene. "Well, I'm never been to Miami, or Jamaica, so I really wouldn't be able to tell you anything about that one." She stepped toward Rover, making conversation. Now that she was at the top of the hill she could see the camp entrance. A sign hung high over an open gate saying Welcome to Camp Half Blood. "Captain's not rude! He was simply speaking to me." I figured there was no use hiding my abilities. A half human half goat creature should be able to handle weird. But wasn't that what this place was supposed to be for? The bunny in my arms urged me to walk forward, to step inside the camp walls, but hearing Rover's comment about my age caused me to turn. "Old? I'm not old!" I stepped up close to the Satyr, almost feeling insulted. My small figure stood a few feet shorter than the creature before me, but that wouldn't stop me. "And what do you mean I should have come earlier? I never actually planned on coming here! I hardly know what this place is!" I was almost shouting, anger obviously rising in my tone. I had been perfectly happy living at home with my parents. Even if the other kids called me a freak because I was always talking to my bunny, but they didn't know the half of it. Then everything had to go wrong, and I was sent here as a last resort and a wish of my parents.

Calming myself down, I shook my head, and took a step back. "I apologize for that. I was...out of line." It was often that I blew up like that, but after all that had happened and suddenly arriving at a new place feeling as if I was crazy and needed medications, it was hard to maintain my self control. "So um...what is this place exactly?" Feeling bad for her rude actions she made a note to act extra cordial. She couldn't screw up, she had to be here.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 pm

"Covering his ears at me cause the way me speak!" I say, scowling at they rabbit. "I learned pig, but not Rabbit." I say, my face changing. "You can speak to animals?" I say, looking at the female. My eyes would be wide, staring at her. "Could it be?" I utter, reaching out to grab her by the wrist. "This is Camp Half-Blood, it be place where Satyrs. and Demi-gods. and Dyrads, and even some immortal people come hang out. We train you to fight dem' monsters. Hear, wanna hear me play my pipes?" I ask, not even waiting for a response. I seemed to have so much to say I couldn't keep on one topic.

I reached down to the pipes in a special made sheath on my waist, putting it up to my mouth and starting to play "Bombs Over Baghdad", this being a heavy song so the plant life would lower away from me. This might be a assault of the creatures ears.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 pm

The Satyr was talking fast, jumping from separate subjects that it was hard to understand everything, but I could at least catch small pieces of his words to get the jist of what he was saying. "Yes I can speak to animals. I've been able to my whole life." My last sentence sounded quieter and a little moody. I hadn't expected Rover to be shocked by this information. Though hearing him speak about the camp before us I couldn't help but laugh. Demi-Gods? He had to be joking. I had only assumed my parents had sent me here because our home life was getting too dangerous as they had said, not because they thought I was a freak who needed mental counseling. Hearing the sudden sound of the bagpipes my eyes suddenly lit up with realization. This was all a very good prank. "Ohh! Okay I get it, I get it. This is all a joke. That's just a costume you're wearing. My parents called and said I was coming, huh? Very funny. I gotta admit, you almost had me fooled." I laughed as I sat the bunny back down on the ground who I could hear trying to convince me otherwise, telling me I was wrong, that this was all real. "Okay, so joke's over. What am I really here for?" I sat my hands on my hips, staring up at the costumed man.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

OOC:Panpipes.Look at my siggy. I need to log too. SORRY ;[
ic: "No joke man. You be in this place where heroes are!" I say, stopping in the first verse of "Bombs Over Baghdad". "And, this is real fur! And hoofs! I not be one of those fairy Satyrs that dye their hair! I be all true! Even check!" I joke, putting the palms of my hand on my legs and pushing down. This would just succeed in me letting outa grunt of pain, then releasing my grip. "Only spirits have that ability. No Demi-Gods have that ability. Only one god has that ability that I know of. Pan. The lost god." I say, stepping back and sizing her up.

Last edited by Momus Boy on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:34 pm

ooc ;; Oh, I'm sorry my mistake >.< Thanks for pointing that out~

The joking smile on my face soon began to fade. This was all crazy talk, wasn't it? Heroes? That was all fairy tale stuff, comic book material. My eyes rolled as I listened him talk further. The costume did look awfully real, and it obviously wasn't coming off. Could this all be real? Captain began hopping around in circles, his excitement at my realization starting to peak. Watching the Saytr look me over I shook my head. "No way, this is all wrong." I could tell what he was thinking, it couldn't be possible. I had taken a class of Mythology at school for a year, not that I paid excellant attention, but I could remember a few key facts. "You think I'm a...demi-god?" I was speechless. The assumption couldn't be true. I had always thought I was just a freak, though my parents always called me special, not that that was any better. At the reminder of my parents I scoffed at his words. "My parents weren't Gods. They were George and Brenda White." I spoke the names with an internal pride, though I could feel the threat of tears at the back of my eyes. Gods were immortal, had they been they wouldn't have died, and I wouldn't be here at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 pm

"It's alright. I am here if you want to hold something furry... Other then dat' racist bunny." I say, stepping over to put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "They are not your real parents, mon. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:08 pm

I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I heard his reply. It was official, boys would be boys, human or not. "Thanks, but no thanks. Captain would get jealous." I smirked at my own comment, my mood slightly lightening as I joked along. Hearing his name, the bunny sprinted back to the two, urging them to enter the camp. "What would you know about my parents? You didn't even know who I was." I felt guilty for the sharp interrogating reply, but it was a question that needed to be answered. I felt as if my parents had always wanted to tell me I was adopted, but I had always changed the subject when it was brought up. I never wanted to hear anything of the sort. And somehow I knew, that coming here was their intention of admitting I was never truly theirs. "This is bull..."
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:39 am

"I know 2 things about your Mother and Fada'. Jack, and rabbits eyeballs. Their not your real parents. I'll prove it to you. Humans can't walk into the camp, so try to walk in. And, it looks like a farm to humans. It looks like a predy awesome summa camp, don't it?" I reply, starting back to the camp, glancing behind me to check if she is following me. "Come on mon."
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Hearing his words I glanced over his shoulder to see into the camp. Of course this action required me to stand on tiptoes due to my short height. The camp definitely didn't look like a farm, nothing close to it actually. I could spot large cabins within, and other people walking about. The place drew my interest. "I'm coming." I replied as I followed behind him, knowing he was checking to ensure I was. I stepped right through the entrance without a problem, not that that fact shocked me too much. "Why can't humans see this place?" It seemed strange that a place this big could be disguised. And I didn't see a problem with people catching a glimpse of this place. It was just a summer camp, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:18 pm

"Cause it's a magical entrance to Oz, you know? The mist! Blocks out all the unimportant stuff from humans... Didn't you even get a feeling you were odd? That you didn't belong. YOU CAN TALK TO ANIMALS, COME ON MON!" I say, reaching back to grab her hand and charge down the hill.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Hearing his words, I didn't exactly have enough time to reply before the Satyr grabbed by arm and half dragged me down the hill towards the entrance. I ran to keep up with him, but his bouncing steps were difficult to match. Captain ran ahead of the both of us, his small rabbit feet allowing him to fly down the hill. "Well...I always....thought...I was just...the weird kid." I attempted to reply between spurts of breath and silent moments of attempting to keep up and not fall on my face. It was true I had never considered myself to be anything more than merely human. Definitely considered the whole animal whisperer route, but then I discovered they were only phonies. In truth I never really thought much about the why or how, merely that I could.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:47 am

"Come on mon! We're almost there mon!" I say, and other encouragements following them. Twice I almost tripped on a rock, but now I was running on smooth surfaces. Letting go of Whispers hand, I start to run to catch up with the bunny. But, my effects were vain as once we reached the bottom of the hill I slammed smack into a young man. I had been looking back to see how far away Whisper was then this happened, so I twirled 3 times in the air and landed by a tree. "Ow." The man looking at me with a glare that might of made Ozzy turned tail and run.

"Watch yourself, you hairy freak." He says, before returning to walk away from us. i I could now see what he was wearing. Jeans, a thin hoodie, and some white Adidas Runners. He seemed to be in a grouchy mood.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Watching Rover almost trip as we ran made me nervous. If he fell, I most definitely would follow. Though apparently my attempts to keep up weren't good for he released my hand in efforts to run faster. Slowing myself down to a more comfortable, controllable pace, I looked up just in time to see furry legs flying through the air and watch Rover land rather hard on the ground. Captain rushed to the Satyr, squealing in shock, making sure he was okay. Reaching the scene in a rather rush, my breath fast from all of the running, I saw the back of some boy, and it wasn't hard to put two and two together. "HEY! You rude little git, come back and apologize!" I called back after him. The adreneline running through me and the anger from what had happened caused me not to even think twice about picking a fight with a boy twice my small size, not that that had ever stopped me before though. "Are you all right, Rover?" I turned to ensure he hadn't broken anything, a fall like that could've cracked some bones.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I moan on the ground, my face making a trench in the dirt. I rolling so my face wasn't dug into the ground, but that just caused a crack to come from my back. I was on my side now, facing Whisper. "I think I'm OK..." I reply, going onto my knees. "Right mind to punch him out mon..." I say, getting onto my feet and dusting myself off. A grin is planted on my face. "Git?"
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Releasing an angered huff from being ignored by the boy I turned by back to give my full attention to the Satyr. Captain was still squeaking, his body shaking from the worried excitement. I could hear him squealing out orders to me. Check his pulse - CPR - Call 911! "Hush, Captain." I patted the bunny on his head and turned to Rover. "Careful now." I watched as he attempted to stand up, my arm outstretched in case he needed help to stay balanced. "You and me, buddy." I replied to his comment about the boy. My tone sounded agitated now, and not as much suddenly upset. "You'd think someone would have more respect for other people." I huffed, pulling a lump of grass out of his hair. Throwing it to the ground I gave a half smile, my cheeks gaining a light blush from my embarrssed comment. "Yeah well, it was the first thing that came to mind. I suppose I could have used a word more foul..." I shrugged my shoulders, so my vocabulary was a little strange, nothing I could do about it now.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:14 pm

I stared at her for a second, blinking a few times. I had to admit she looks really good... Probably too young. And who would want to date a goat thing? Especially one with a accent line mine... "I'm fine mo... I tink' dat at least.." I say, grinning at her. "and, I take back what I said Cap. You're a nice bunny." I reach over to pat his head, maybe a bit too roughly though.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:25 am

"Hm...okay then." I still watched him carefully, not completely convinced he was fine. He appeared a little rough, but then again, I assumed as a Satyr he could probably endure more then I could. I wondered if the camp had a nurse, just in case, it only made sense that they did. Hearing his words, Captain's ear perked up and his nose started twitching, though feeling the rough petting the small bunny simply endured the harsh touch. He knew he had just gotten in good, he didn't want to mess it up now. "So do you even know who that kid was?" I looked back to where I had last seen the boy walk off to, but I couldn't see his figure any longer.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:17 am

"Some grouchy Minor God kid. Seen him get beat up a few times. He is just a trouble maker." I say, thinking for a moment. Hairy freak? I am hairy, but am I a freak? Am I just a freak? I mean... The way I speak is different... Freakish? "No mon." The voice in my head said. Yeah... I wasn't a freak... Maybe.... "What do you wanna see first?" I ask her, looking around me. We were right infront of the Volleyball pits and I could see a few people hitting the ball around. Off to our left was the big house, the big pillars coming up from the wooden porch. It looked kinda weird, like a pavilion/farmhouse design. We could also see the Arts and Crafts pavilion before a hill obstructed our view of everything else.
Back to top Go down
Silken Pearl

Silken Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I nodded my head in understanding. If it were me I'd probably be a little upset if people were always beating me up, but then again judging by his attitude he might deserve it. I grimaced at this thought. No one deserved that, but not feeling much sympathy at the moment I shook the thought out of my head. Looking at where we had arrived I watched as a couple kids played volleyball. This seemed awfully normal for a camp of this nature. I wasn't quite sure what I had expected, but definitely not volleyball. Hearing Rover's question, and spotting a large building nearby I pointed towards it. "What's that place?" Judging by it's appearance it looked as if it was important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not just another Runaway.   Not just another Runaway. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not just another Runaway.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next