Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!

HomeFAQSearchCalendarGalleryMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Share | 

get an angel to chase the devil at night || private

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer

PostSubject: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Pippa Caulfield
| The last thing Pippa remembered from guard duty was blood seeping into Val's handmade bandage, seeing the lights of the infirmary and then - nothing. She assumed that she had blacked out upon arrival. In between passing out and waking up the demigod had experienced a strange dream.

In the dream she was back in the woods on guard duty, but this time she was alone. Mist slunk around the trees, making it nearly impossible to see. Pippa was holding her knife and came across not one pair of glowing eyes, but three. The hounds snarled and encircled her. She could feel her breathing increase, her heartbeat began pounding loudly against her ear. They pounced, and the real teenager woke up.

It was almost impossible to tell the time when Pippa awoke. The sky was a greyish blue color, perhaps the sun was rising, perhaps it was setting. The second thing she noticed was the searing pain in her right arm. Her dark eyes scanned the handiwork on her arm. She had stitches covering her three scratches, and bandaging covering that. Pippa guessed she would live, but damn did it hurt like Tartarus.

Continuing to scan the area, the demigod found a familiar figure in the cot next to her. "Val?" she whispered. "Val, is that you?" Pippa sat up, arm still screaming in pain. While she was telling herself that she didn't care about how he was, she wanted to make sure he was okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:24 pm

The son of Aphrodite snorted when his name was called, waking him up from his slumber. After they got to the infirmary, the Apollo kids had taken Pippa from him and started fixing her up. They'd made him lay down and wrapped his ankle and chest and gave him some stuff to help him sleep. He'd been out like a light until now, when he heard his name being called.

Confused, Val ran a hand through his hair and looked around. When he noticed Pippa was up he gave her a sleepy smile. "Hey. You're awake," he commented in a sleepy voice, brushing his hand threw his hair some more. He was happy to see she was awake and doing better, but he wished she could have woken him up later, not at dawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moon
Elite Writer

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Pippa Caulfield
| Pippa hadn't landed herself in the infirmary a lot during her time at Camp Half Blood. The demigod was usually too prideful to admit she had something wrong with her, even if it was serious. However when you're bleeding out, you have to go, whether you like it or not. The infirmary smelt of antibacterials and fresh linen. Pippa wasn't sure if she hated the smell or loved it.

She smiled softly, arm still coursing with overwhelmed nerves, as Val spoke. "Yeah, I guess I am," Pippa replied. Her hair felt sweaty and matted, probably from the stress of the previous evening - she would hate to guess how she smelled. "How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:29 pm

"Oh, me? Dunno. They gave me something for pain so I'm feeling pretty good I think!" he joked with a smile as he rubbed his head. He didn't feel like standing and his chest felt felt tight but he felt pretty good otherwise! It wasn't like the pain wasn't there, he just didn't particularly care. He was used to getting hurt too so this was no big deal. The only problem in his book was that his shirt was ripped.

Val was glad Pippa was okay. He'd been so worried about her when she passed out, he wouldn't let go of her at first. If Pippa had died in his arms he would have never forgiven himself. It was his fault for tripping. It was his fault for not trying to help sooner. If Pippa had died because of him? That would have been unforgivable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moon
Elite Writer

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Pippa Caulfield
| Deciding that sitting in an upright position was far too much work, the demigod chose to lie back down, her head facing towards Val. The pain in her arm subsided slightly, but not enough for Pippa to consider herself comfortable. Battling this injury would take some time; she expected she wouldn't be back to proper health for a month, at least. "They gave you something for the pain?" the teenager repeated quizzically. If the healers had given her something for the pulsing in her arm, she had yet to feel its effects.

She was glad to be in the infirmary, despite the three sizable slits in her arm. She was also glad to be awake and out of her horrible dream. Pippa was glad to be with Val, too. He could've just ran the first instant he saw her fighting the hell hound, but he had stayed (which she hadn't expected, honestly). "Thanks for helping me," Pippa said softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I would give you one of my shirts to replace whatever you put on my arm, but I don't think we're the same size."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Val shrugged in response. He had to keep up his act of not caring or people would expect him to be more open to getting close to them. 'Bad Boy' people called him. Val was fine with that. The stereotype was a nice suit to put on to hide himself away in. He didn't think of it as lying or acting, more... a nice excuse not to get close to people. His 'I don't give a darn' attitude kept people away and that was all he needed.

Val couldn't help but laugh when she said the next comment though. So maybe he's not so good at hiding when he's got some sort of pain killers in his system. He just prayed she didn't think he was anything more than she had before though. "It's fine. You can just buy me a new one. I got that one at... Goodwill I think? It wasn't some designer whatever. It was just a shirt. I don't have a lot of shirts though, so replacing this one is kind of important. I can't stand the camp shirts, they're an ugly shade of- and I'm rambling again, aren't I? Sorry. I remember you don't like that. I'll shut up now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moon
Elite Writer

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Pippa Caulfield
| In the limited light it was near impossible for Pippa to tell if her comment had any effect on the son of Aphrodite. She had noticed him move, but was that a shrug or him changing directions? Unsure of what it was, the demigod left her thank you hanging suspended in midair (maybe he hadn't heard her, to be fair). If she had been in a worse move the girl might've rolled her eyes, but right now she was happy not to be bleeding out.

She was beginning to enjoy the smell of the infirmary, now that she had been aware of it for a while. There was a certain crispness to it that the rest of camp lacked. Then again, Pippa's opinion could change depending on where in the hospital she was. The demigod doubted the surgery area smelled so fresh.

Pippa's dark eyes watched Val as he sped through a few sentences, catching most of what he said. Her nose crinkled. She had been joking, and really didn't plan on buying him a new shirt; she'd rather steal him one. "What's your size?" the girl asked, avoiding the topic of him rambling.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:11 pm

He was feeling all flustered now because of the rambling and tried to think of a way to take back what he'd said without rambling. That was not an easy feat though, as he often spoke in long winded sentences. The last thing Val wanted to do was annoy her, especially now that they're stuck together at least until morning. They could pass the time in good relations or pass it in awkward silence. He hated silence.

"I... didn't really mean it-I mean I do only have like, three shirts and now that's two shirts which my cabin mates will find disgusting but-... you don't have to do anything. It's fine. I'll... figure it out. I'm sorry-I'll just-... I'll shut up. I'm sorry," he rambling haltingly. He really didn't want to get her mad at him again. There are two times people got mad at him: times when he acted like an arse to push them away, and times when his mask of a personality did that for him. He hated it, but it's always what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moon
Elite Writer

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Pippa Caulfield
| Pippa didn't steal things for just anyone. Normally she only went on runs with her clique for older siblings or herself, if anything. And when she did, the demigod planned things down to the inch and second. None of her heists had ever completely failed. As Val continued to speak her expression went from neutral to bored. No, he could keep his two shirts and find himself a new one by himself. It wasn't like Pippa had asked to be saved, right? (Oh, wait...)

"Whatever," she replied, shrugging her shoulders awkwardly. "Suit yourself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Val was silent hitting himself in the head as quietly as he could so she wouldn't notice. He was so mad at himself. I mean in general, not entirely having to do with this. Why couldn't he ever say the right things? Why did stupid stuff have to come out of his mouth every time he opened it?! Val just wanted one person to like him. One friend. Was that too much to ask? He'd take just about anyone willing to give him positive attention.

He stopped himself at that, knowing that was his problem. His need for attention was his problem. Not that Val knew how to fix that problem, of course. He decided silence would be best in this situation. She couldn't get mad at him if he said nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get an angel to chase the devil at night || private   Today at 2:56 am

Back to top Go down

get an angel to chase the devil at night || private
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1