Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

two blind mice [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

two blind mice [private] Empty
PostSubject: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 am

two blind mice [private] Tumblr_mcxqoiouOR1r8jnfno2_250

Kalani Elizabeth Abbott
a girl knows her limits

Not something Kalani would do at all. A blind date was always scary to her because she didn't know who the guy was, what he looked like, and now who his god parent is. However, Kalani trusted her friend who was setting her up, so she was going to go with it. It was going to be a late dinner in the city which seemed really fancy. Kalani really didn't want to do the obvious which was to wear a dress. Don't get me wrong, Kalani would love to find a beautiful dress and wear it, but today she wanted to do something different, and still look good. Of course Kalani had clothes she could wear, but of course being the daughter of Aphrodite she had to go shopping. She shopped and she found a new outfit for tonight. She bought a dark red long sleeve crop top that covered her stomach, but if she were to put her hands above her head the shirt would come up and reveal her bellybutton. She was confident with her body so it didn't matter. Of course new high waisted black skinny jeans, and new cute heels.

Kalani of course had her makeup and she matched her lipstick with her shirt which look so cute along with he rest of her makeup, but not to much. She of course has to look somewhat natural in front of her blind date. It was close to the time and she didn't want to have him waiting at all. That would probably be the worst thing to happen have him waiting or her waiting. She was able to have one of her siblings to drive her out to the restaurant. New York was beautiful at night and the city was busy. The restaurant look beautiful and there her friend was waiting. "You did an awesome job with the restaurant. she said . "You look beautiful, and thanks. Hopefully I did awesome with the guy too. The table is over there. You're the first to arrive. Have fun!" her friend said and Kalani walked over to the table. The restaurant inside was beautiful and Kalani was hoping this day would go great. Kalani ordered herself a water with lemon and she waited for her date to appear, excited and nervous.
Outfit

but a wise girl knows she has none
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:49 am

Isaac found himself staring at a rather bright building in upstate New York, his hands in his pant pockets. Standing alone in front of it, he had half a mind to turn back. A country boy like him had no place in such a place that screamed grandeur. He could see the interior through the glass panes, bathed in a warm orange glow from the dangling chandeliers, filled with tables draped in white cloth. The people dining were dressed extragavantly - suits and dresses that made Isaac feel small in his unbuttoned blue long sleeve and black shirt, and he wished that he took the time to iron out all the creases in his grey trousers. He shaved though, thank the gods, a fact that slightly eased his worries.

He could still turn back, he kept thinking. It was a blind date anyway. His supposed date would never know who he was.

Before he could though, a familiar fidgety girl walked out of the fancy restaurant. Ellaine of course, the self-proclaimed matchmaker. As soon as she spotted him, she relaxed and a relieved smile spread across her face. "It's about goddamn time!"

Isaac shrugged, giving her a hesitant smile. Inside, he seethed at himself for taking too long to leave.

She ushered him in, chattering about how nervous she had gotten thinking that he wouldn't show up, and thank the heavens he didn't keep his date waiting long, she added. Isaac barely had time to take in his surroundings when she pointed him to a table for two past a long one full of men in suits, to where a girl sat waiting with a glass of water. The nerves Isaac harbored crept in force and he swallowed thickly, shoving his cold sweaty hands deeper in his pockets. His heart pounded hard on his chest. He also had the sudden urge to throw up because goddammit, why did it have to be a fancy restaurant in New York, why did it have to be a blind date, why did he even have to be here, he could very well live without a girlfriend, he'd been doing it for years -

"Well come on!" Ellaine said, grabbing his arm.

She half-dragged him all the way to the table before he could protest, and as he stood there with Ellaine, he finally got a good look at the girl he almost dreaded to meet.

And by the gods, she was beautiful. The first thing he noticed was her deep blue eyes, seeming to hold more emotions than he could see on the surface. Her chocolate locks hung in waves to frame her face, which seemed natural to him despite the make-up. Contrary to what he expected, she had worn a long sleeve instead of a dress, but that didn't make her any less pretty. Isaac's eyes took her in without saying anything, which probably wasn't a good impression.

Ellaine cleared her throat and took the lead. "Kallie, this is Isaac Nichols. Isaac, meet Kalani Abbott." Then she elbowed him just below the ribs.

He recoiled but his lips curled into a small smile. When he spoke, his voice came out croaky at first, but deepened with each word. "H-Hey. It's nice to meet you. And sorry I'm a bit late." He paused. "You look beautiful."

Cliche, but hey, it was true.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:24 am

Kalani Elizabeth Abbott
a girl knows her limits

Kalani got her water and she took a sip of it. She looked around to see if anyone was approaching her and she didn't see anyone. Kalani was a bit early because she didn't want to be the late one. It was exactly the time that was said, she came a few minutes early. Kalani heard the waitress and she smiled "Oh no thank you I'm waiting for someone." she said. "Okay I'll come back in a few minutes." the waitress said with a smile. Kalani looked around seeing all these girls and women in dresses, and she felt a bit under dressed. She took a deep breath. It didn't matter, she didn't want to feel as if she was trying to hard by wearing a dress. A dress would've taken time. She would have to pick a color, find the right dress for this occasion, and make sure it wasn't a dress as if she was about to walk down the aisle, or prom dress, or formal. Dresses were in season because of spring, a nice spring dress would've been nice, but not today. Kalani couldn't do the obvious.

Kalani looked around and saw Ellaine walking her way, and she saw a guy following her. Kalani's heart started to beat fast, and butterflies were in her stomach. She looked into a window seeing her reflection a bit and made she she looked good and made sure there was no lipstick on her teeth. Once Ellaine was close Kalani stood up with a smile on her face looking at the guy. Oh gosh he was so handsome. He was tall probably standing at six feet, with his cute green eyes, and his hair. YAS his hair was perfect! It was like highschool again. The perfect guy all the girls wanted, and then Kalani would end up talking to him first. Her sister's would be jealous of her right now. Kalani right now was lost in his green eyes. She saw Ellaine's lips move and just heard his name. His name was perfect too.

She then realized she was staring to hard and finally came back to earth. She saw his cute small smile and she blushed a bit. She smiled at him "Oh no it's fine, you're fine, I mean you're fine as in it's totally cool that you're late. You aren't that late." Kalani stopped her British self from talking. She blushed again as he called her beautiful. "You look very handsome." she told him. It was true, but there were more words in her head she used. "Well you two have fun. And I hope that you guys have a great time." Ellaine said and walked away. Kalani sat down finally and took a drink of her water nervous. She was more nervous than before, she couldn't screw this up.
Outfit

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 7:45 am

Isaac rubbed his nose, a nervous habit, while the tips of his ears turned pink. He mumbled a soft 'thanks' he wasn't sure if Kalani heard. Soon enough, Ellaine bid them goodbye and Isaac watched her leave with growing unease. Once she was out of sight he took the seat opposite Kalani, his eyes set on the vase of roses on the middle of the table.

It wasn't like this was his first time on a date - he did go out with girls before, despite being single for the past few years - but he had never been the cool ladies' man who knew his way around women. Plus, this was his first blind date. What else did he know about Kalani besides her name? For all he knew she could be a gorgeous psychopath who seduced men and killed them in their sleep... Okay, that was a bit extreme. He should probably calm down.

Sitting up straight with his hands clasped on the table, Isaac had started tapping his foot in a soft but erratic rhythm. It was all he could to stop himself from drumming his fingers against the table too. He cleared his throat and looked up, but he could only look at her face for a few seconds before he averted his eyes, feeling like he invaded her privacy if he stared too long. He seemed to be focused on his hands when he spoke.

"So... Kalani... I'm guessing you're from Europe? Because the accent."

As soon as the words slipped out Isaac wanted to groan. Of course she was British, why did he have to ask the obvious? Isaac took a deep breath and backtracked. "Sorry, that was a stupid question. Of course you're a Brit. Only they can pull off that cool accent." He sighed. "Sorry. I've never been on a blind date before so... yeah. Is this your first time too?"
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:43 am

Kalani Elizabeth Abbott
a girl knows her limits

Kalani sat there still shocked that Ellaine had picked someone so amazing. Kalani was afraid that she would've picked someone who Kalani wouldn't see herself with. Kalani did date when she was younger, only one guy, but she was ready to move on from that. She was pretty excited that Isaac was here and didn't bailout. This was Kalani's first time on a blind date, so it she was of course nervous. She didn't know much about the guy, well obviously it was a blind date, but right now everything was seeming to be going good. They were just introduced and now they were ready to have dinner and possibly schedule another date if this one went good.

Taking another sip from her water it was getting a bit awkward. Everyone around them seemed to be talking except them. Kalani didn't know what to say except the things she would say to a camper of she just meet them, which was "who's your God parent" or " how many year have you been in camp?" She didn't just want to have that conversation, but she might have to so this dead silence between them would go away. She looked at him and she didn't want to seem like she was staring, but how could she not. And handsome man in front of her, it was hard. When she was staring at him, he looked at her and made eye contact. She grabbed her water immediately, her ears turning red.

She put the water down and she had to break the silence, but before she did he spoke. Kalani smiled at his question. It was probably the nerves "Uh yea-" before she finished he apologized and she smiled again. It was true she was British "It's okay." she told him as he called it a stupid question. "And yes it is my first time on a blind date too." she replied to his question. The nerves were getting to her too. "So how many years have you been in camp?" she blurted out. Kalani wanted to grab the knife beside her plate and stab herself with it. A question she didn't want to ask, real great.

Outfit

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am

Isaac released a breath he didn't realize he was holding. Hearing that it was also her first time calmed him down to an extent. At least he felt sound in the knowledge that both of them were new to this. He still moved so carefully though, trying not to make too much sound as his shoes tapped the floor, or trying not to even nudge the silverware set in front of him. For all he knew he could get clumsy and spill Kalani's water by accident.

At her question he pursed his lips and looked up, almost getting distracted by the intricate chandelier hanging above. He took a few seconds to answer as he did the math in his head. "Two going on three I think. I don't really keep track all that much. You?"

It was at this point that a waitress came, sporting a big smile. Isaac wondered how she could smile so widely when she had to talk to who-knows-how-many people, if it were him he'd be scowling within minutes. The smiling waitress asked if they were ready to order. Isaac gave the slightest nod and watched her delicately hand a menu to Kalani and then to himself. With a small smile at his date, he bent down to read the floating text.

It took him a few minutes to unscramble the words, but when he finally understood Isaac felt his eyes growing so big that they'd pop out of their sockets. What the actual hell was a Canard à la Rouennaise? And why in the name of Zeus did it cost more than thirty dollars? His eyes darted from one item to another. Most were not even in English. Isaac's stomach shifted uneasily as his thoughts drifted to the worn wallet sitting in his pocket, had he even brought enough for this...
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Kalani Elizabeth Abbott
a girl knows her limits

Kalani wanted to get up and walk to the bathroom, but she didn't want to seem rude or nervous. Her question wasn't an interesting question at all and it wasn't a conversation starter at all. She looked at her water, and grabbed it. She took a sip and put it down. She almost dropped it but she didn't make it noticeable. She looked up at Isaac and she smiled. She saw him thinking and she was a bit interested in how many years he has been in camp.

He said said two going onto three. Kalani nodded to him. She was so stupid for asking that question of course no one really keeps track of how many years they've been in camp. He asked Kalani and she didn't know that well. She looked at the table trying to think of how many years. It was 2016, and she came when she was fourteen. She nodded to herself and finally figured it out. "Uhh I'm pretty sure I've been at camp for three years. Yeah three years." she told him. And after that the waitress came.

Kalani took hold of the menu and started to look at him. She knew it was going to be expensive and she brought money, but she might've brought a little. She went straight to the salads knowing those would be cheap. And yes she was right, but they were still a bit expensive. She saw a salad that came with chicken and it was a reasonable price. Kalani saw that Isaac was still looking and Kalani went first to order. "I'll have the grilled chicken ceased salad." she told the waitress. It was probably the easiest thing to read in the menu. The waitress asked what I'm too and Kalani answered ranch. The waitress smiled and nodded and turned to Isaac.

Outfit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two blind mice [private]   two blind mice [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

two blind mice [private]
Page 1 of 1