Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 pm

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Tumblr_mc2u2n7NE21rx1vxr
sunsets reminded archer of the explosion. of the fire. of his families deaths. the red scars that flew across the dusty blueish purple were the flames that engulfed his house, the black at the bottom the ashes and the emptiness his heart had felt after all was said and done. that was why archer hated sunsets, and it was also why nighttime was his favorite time, because it related with the legend so much more than the daytime. daytime, with all its opportunities and joys, didn’t know the struggle that the demigod had been going through. the night did. archer had always tried to be an opportunist, to take life by the reins and carve a mountain for yourself, to do the very best he could do, but for some reason, his thrill for life was slowly draining away from him, like a sponge that was losing water. he didn’t know the reason for it. archer set the thermos on the floor, finding that it didn’t help him after all. he remembered suddenly that he hadn’t offered tessa any. “i have hot chocolate if you want some. it’s in the thermos, i’m not sick.” he signed, turning his attention back to the movie. truthfully archer hadn’t been paying attention, so he couldn’t say wether he liked the movie or not, but it was tessa’s night. her night to grieve, her night to cry, her night to remember her regrets. archer was just a spectator in the whole ordeal, and he didn’t matter. 

“if i think something’s wrong with you, can i come to you about it? can i ask you if i can help you?”  he asked, coming up with a solution that he thought would work. archer wondered what tessa sounded like, if her voice was like bells in the wind, tingling with sweetness and kind words, or if it was like rough steel, coarse and grainy. but archer supposed it didn’t matter either way, he still would have loved tessa all the same. voices tended to be low on archer’s list in women. he wondered what she sounded like now, if she was angry at him or sad about asshole medic jared. archer lightly touched her hand, speaking instead of signing. “i just want you to be okay, tess. i don’t mean to be harsh, but i couldn’t bare it if you were broken like i am.” 

The haziness of the film that the sixties were known for was very relatable to archer right now. he didn’t understand what tessa was feeling, just like he couldn’t make out exactly what brand name the car was on the screen. archer was usually very charismatic, but he had lost it the second tessa came to his door. it was different when guys broke up, they didn’t cry, they didn’t say philosophical things that had a deeper meaning to it than one might expect. they played a game of air hockey and the girl was forgotten. but it was different for archer this time. he cared about most people, but tessa had stolen his heart. still, her words internally hurt him. of course things were permanent. his families deaths were permanent. his deafness was permanent. his love for tessa, in all its shapes and forms, was permanent. “life’s too short for things like breakups to be permanent.” archer finally agreed with her after a long while of silence, feeling like he’d done something wrong. 
FABER EST QUISQUE FORTUANE SUAE
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:53 pm

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 OCjBOfJare you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Yla5ETV

Tessa Traverse
| Tessa wasn't sure of the time. She didn't really care, but what time was it? It had been about eight when she came back to cabin two in tears, but the specific time wasn't important. The thought continued to nag her as she continued with the movie. What time had it been? She wasn't normally so picky, but she wanted to know the second she decided to ditch Jared's sorry ass. Her sadness had faded and transformed into a cocky anger for now, but her feelings were still soaring. One moment she could be in a calm sea, and the next she'd be caught in a raging storm, with waves relentlessly surging against her face, threatening to drown her. Emotions were confusing.

She tried to hide the smile on her face as he offered her some of his hot drink. 'I don't know; you might have cooties,' Tessa teased, reaching down to take a sip of the liquid. The teenager misjudged the temperature of it, her eyes watering as she swallowed. Her tongue was singed, but it warmed her stomach. She returned the thermos to the floor after a few searing swigs, sliding out of her shoes and pulling her feet to her chest. Tessa's head rested on her knees as she registered Archer's message. She swallowed. 'Yeah,' The demigod responded. She wanted to feel grateful for her prince - charming - like friend, but she couldn't help but feel agitated. Did she need help that badly? Tessa knew that Archer hadn't meant it like that, but the statement still registered on a low note. 'Thanks.'

Tessa half smiled as her eyes returned to the screen, where the characters were currently singing 'Beauty School Drop Out'. The movie would be over soon.  She jumped at the feeling of Archer's hand on her's, straightening back up into a sitting position, leaving his hand where it was. 'I'm not broken,' the demigod replied stubbornly, trying her bet not to frown. 'And you're not as broken as you think.' She smiled, turning her hand over and giving his a light squeeze before returning to her previous, curled up position.

She returned to the thoughtless lull that was Grease after a few moments, wondering how one drops out of beauty school and how one finds purpose after that. Jared and all complications were temporarily lost. Maybe that was the true magic to movies. Not the truth or lies that were portrayed by the beautiful people, but the way they made you forget about your problems for those short hours. Slowly though, she slipped back out of the fog and remembered her previous statement. Life was too short for things to be permanent. Stupid Tessa. The teenager saw him respond and instantly felt a pang of guilt. 'I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean - you know.' She stole a glance at him before returning her eyes to the television screen.

the opposite of amnesia
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:42 pm

in the long run, it was probably a good thing that tessa and jared had broken up tonight. archer had a tendency to remember at nighttimes, when the shadows of the dead crept upon him, memories sinking into his skin. he didn’t want to remember the flames, the heat, the screams of his sister growing fainter and fainter. no one, not even tessa, knew that the last thing archer had heard was the pleading shrieks of his baby sister as she was burned alive. it still haunted him to this day, and archer barely got any sleep. the legend had become an insomniac over the years, and though all the doctors said that it would go away in a few weeks, it hadn’t. for archer, being awake was a blessing and sleeping was a curse. sleeping just ended up with him screaming his broken heart out, sitting up and opening his eyes, tears still caught in the crushed blue orbs. tessa was a welcome distraction. her hand was soft and warm in his, and archer ran his thumb over her skin. the demigod wondered what it would be like to kiss her, to see if her lips were softer than her hands. archer smiled a little at the cootie remark. “yeah, i hear there’s an epidemic among boys. you better watch out, tess.” archer preferred tess to tessa, he soon found. 

the window was open by the demigod’s bed, blowing cold air in. ever since the explosion, archer always felt unnecessarily hot, as if he’d become part of the fire itself. right now he was wearing a faded red tank top and brown shorts, and still he felt as if he was burning. he needed to take his mind off of the fire, this wasn’t the time to pity himself. this wasn’t the time to compare himself to tessa. this wasn’t the time to blame her for her sins. after all, to err is to human. “i’m sorry… i know it’s not your fault you guys didn’t work out.” archer let out a sigh, scratching his arm. “some things just aren’t meant to be, tessa.” the legend looked at his legs, noticing how hairy they were, how discolored they were with the faded burn marks that would never truly disappear. then he looked at tessa’s, and to archer they looked smooth and perfect, like buttercream frosting. perfect, just like tessa was. archer didn’t argue with her, but he didn’t agree either. he was broken, and there was no fixing him.

“yeah… i-i know.” archer didn’t really know how to respond to her. she knew of his past, how delicate the subject was for him. or, at least, he hoped she did. “it’s whatever, though. it’s not like anything can bring them back.” he looked at his desk and at his unfinished popsicle stick house. archer wondered what his next failed plan of action was going to be to save his family. archer rubbed his eyes, blinking hard. he took the thermos and took a drink, wishing it was hotter.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:22 pm

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 OCjBOfJare you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Yla5ETV

Tessa Traverse
| Grease was nearing its end as one of the main characters changed her wardrobe from a girly skirt to skin tight clothing with red heels. While Tessa admired the confidence someone would need to wear such things, but she hated the transition from the innocent Sandy to the dominant one. People didn't change that quickly, not really. The physical change may be that quick, but mentally it took ages for people, in her opinion, to really change. Then again everyone was different; some people were in a constant state of change while others stayed singular in their life ambitions. Tessa found herself more attached to the constant change. She was energy and mass, transitioning with her aspirations and goals. She could not be defined by leather leggings or flowing skirts.

Archer's touch was a welcome one. His hands were warmer than her's, and his fingers were comforting despite the lack of obvious danger in the room. Tess tried to avoid remembering how, a few days ago, she could've been doing this very thing with Jared. The situation would have been exceedingly different, but the thought still tugged on her mind. She smiled as he responded. She wasn't just Tessa with him, but Tess. She was unique when with him. 'Should I leave then? I wouldn't want to catch it,' the demigod replied, still grinning. The temperature began to drop as the final song started playing. Tess didn't complain though, she had Archer to keep her warm and the fluttering feeling in her stomach to keep her occupied.

She nodded again as she signed more, although she didn't want to talk about it anymore. Tessa wanted to talk about something else, anything else, really. The subject of her failures and misdeeds was getting mundane rather quickly. 'I know,' the teenager replied with another nod. She stole another glance at him. Were they meant to be? It seemed a horrible thought for a second, as if she could get over her heartbreak that quickly. Of course Tessa had considered Archer as more than a friend more than once; imagination was a blessing and a curse. She hadn't considered him as anything more than her best  friend before, but the fluttering in her stomach hadn't stopped. That had to mean something, right? But what did she know of love? Teenage love and lust were often blurred; which was which?

Tessa looked back at the movie as the ending credits played. She comprehended what he said, but how was she supposed to reply? She hadn't lost any family members over her eighteen years on earth. Exhaling, she smiled a little. Archer was such a good friend, a real life prince charming, there to save her from herself, whether she needed it or not. In her moment of happiness a small sprout of daisies began to emerge from the flooring. Tessa didn't notice until it was nearly a foot long and rubbing against her bare skin. At first she let out a little shriek before realizing she had made the flower. Her face scarlet red, she plucked the stem and began knotting and weaving the daisies until she had a circle. The demigod didn't know if Archer had been watching her, but a few moments later she was stretching up and placing the makeshift crown atop his glorious head. There. Her flower prince. Tessa laughed out loud, immediately with drawing her hand from his head as her blush returned.

the opposite of amnesia
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:15 am

archer normally felt agitated. under his calm. cool exterior, he was a mess. he had so many messed up problems, nightmares that would make a grown man question his own sanity. yet archer stayed completely calm on the outside. he knew that there was no point in making his friends worry. even in high school, when things weren’t nearly as bad, archer always had a happy smile on his face, even if it was fake. at school, the legend was a perfect little boy; with a dashing smile and a great mind. everyone knew he was destined for greatness. archer always told his friends that they could come to him no matter the problems they were having, but archer never extended that welcome to himself. it was only after the explosion, after the deaths and after he’d lost his hearing, that archer decided he’d open up and tell people about his problems. only, here at camp, no one cared. everyone had their own sob story; being a demigod wasn’t an easy - or even ideal - life. but that was what archer liked about tessa. she showed sympathy for his problems.

that was why, after a few minutes of being with her, archer had started to calm down. “no, of course not. you only get cooties if you kiss a boy. at least, that’s what the word on the street is.” the demigod smiled a little, biting his lip. he loved the aura tessa gave off, and she smelled nice too. she smelled of vanilla and lavender, and archer wanted nothing more than to curl up into her side and breath in her scent. but he refrained, and although he wanted more than just hand touching, he didn’t want tessa to be angry at him. Archer watched as the credits rolled across the screen, and he wondered if there was any background music to them, and if there was, if it was happy. if archer could ever have the chance to hear again, all he would listen to would be happy songs, starting with grease. 

“so… avengers, right?” archer signed as he got up and kneeled in front of the tv, taking out the disc and laying it carefully in the case. he put in avengers and came and sat down by tessa, tucking his legs underneath him and taking tessera’s hand in his again. he was much more interested in this movie, losing himself in all the cgi and explosions. once he saw hawkeye on the screen, archer smiled. the superhero was his role model even more he went deaf. clint barton was just so awesome and amazing. archer was so involved in the movie that he didn’t notice the flowers until a crown of daises was placed on his head. he looked at tessa and saw her blush, which made him blush as well. 

“it’s perfect.” archer said, the biggest grin on his face as he looked at her. “thank you, tess."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:48 pm

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Bs6FbaLare you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 VwwSwcE

Tessa Traverse
| While Tessa still felt the simmering disturbance beneath her skin from her recent breakup. There was no doubt in her mind that the memory of her first real heartbreak would sting long after this night of movies was over. She would feel it in random moments, before bed, while training, or during lunch. But the thought didn't register right now. She didn't care right now. All that really mattered was Archer. He was so good (for lack of a better term). He was kind, loyal, honest, everything little girls are told to look for in their true loves. Tessa found herself asking how she hadn't noticed this before as the second movie began to play. He was sunshine wrapped in shadows, but gods, he was there and he was real.

Her eyebrow raised as her friend commented on the cootie situation. She laughed again, replying, 'I'd never kiss a boy, especially not on a street.' Tessa knew Archer was intelligent enough to catch her sarcasm, but signing was not an excellent conductor of emotions. Dark eyes darted back onto his handsome face, catching a glimpse of him biting his lip. The fluttering in her stomach returned. Tess signed back a quick 'yes' in response to his question. She hadn't seem the Avengers, despite it being released a few years ago. Her collection of marvel tee shirts would be offended at her lack of movie watching, but she didn't have time (or money) for that kind of indulgence.

She hadn't expected him to take her hand again, but Tess wasn't going to complain about it either. Her hand seemed to fit inside of his larger one perfectly, making her question why she ever wasted her time with that idiot medic. Life was too short to waste it on carelss people like Jared. Tessa's first note about the Avengers: lots of action. She wasn't complaining, the explosions were glorious and exciting. Shortly after the opening credits Tessa noticed the daisies and began making the crown, disconnecting their hands. After placing it on his head she continued their series of innocent touches, this time by running her finger along the creases of his hand as the movie progressed.

the opposite of amnesia
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:11 am

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Tumblr_nghkgaTZGh1s9z343o1_500
in his own mind, archer had never thought himself as anything but normal. sure, his background and lineage weren’t so ordinary, but he was. he could always run with the neighbour boys and play soccer with them. he could read and write just as well as any kid his age. he could build model ships with his friends and take apart toy trains to see what made them tick. there was never a doubt in his mind that he was anything but normal. so, if archer was normal, why did all the bad things happen to him? why did his family have to die? why did he have to be a demigod? why was he plagued with deafness? this wasn’t what normal boys were. normal boys his age got prepared for act’s and sat’s. normal boys his age got their girlfriends pregnant. normal boys his age made the honour roll. and archer? archer had accomplished nothing but crushed popsicle sticks and a single friend. this friend, though, had turned out to be the best thing ever, because archer found solace in her. she treated him like a prince, though he was anything but. tessa’s sly remark had earned her a small, though honest, smile from the boy. “that’s good. i hear street boys are filthy anyways. you’re much better off kissing a friend than a stranger.” 

when loki had taken control of hawkeye’s mind, archer couldn’t help but feel anger and sadness. he had seen this movie about a million times. he knew all the lines. he knew what was going to explode when. he could even reenact some of the fight scenes. yet these two minutes always came as a shock to him. every time he watched it, archer thought that hawkeye would find a way out. he’d fight back. he’d run to nat and together they’d destroy loki without the help of anyone else. his hero could never succumb to such a trivial man such as loki. but it had happened. the light had drained from clint barton’s eyes, and he was a slave to the adopted son of odin. archer tensed his jaw up a bit, angry that clint hadn’t fought back. weren’t heroes supposed to? weren’t they supposed to kick ass and take names until their dying breath? to archer, they were.

he cooled down when tessa put the flower crown on his head. at first, archer was a little taken aback when the flowers started growing out of his floorboards, wondering what tessa had been thinking about to have caused that. but then, he supposed, he shouldn’t ask. as a person with more than one ruined relationship under his belt, archer knew not to force the person to talk if they didn’t want to, and to under no circumstances, bring up their ex. of course, their previous conversation had caught the demigod red handed. he’d brought up jared. he’d also probably made tessa feel like shit. archer swallowed a lump in his throat as he motioned to the flowers, signing. “did i… did i cause this?"

ooc- OKAY BUT WHY IS GRANT GUSTIN SO CUTE???
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 1:26 pm

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 Bs6FbaLare you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 VwwSwcE

Tessa Traverse
| Tessa was not a model citizen. She didn't donate to charity (you needed money for that). She didn't clean road ditches with her community service organization. She certainly didn't enjoy helping out around cam as much as some of her peers did. No, Tess wasn't all that great. She lied; she even cheated on occasion. But the teenager was far from the worst kind of person. In her mind the world was split two ways: those that cared and those that didn't. She considered herself apart of the first group because - believe it or not - she cared about a select few and the fate of the universe. Maybe she only cared about one person in this particular moment, but hey - if you care a little bit that must count for something.

The sting of her broken heart faded as she became hooked on the movie. Tessa hadn't seen the Avengers in its entirety and she certainly didn't remember Hawkeye being controlled. The idea of mind control terrified the demigod, only because she knew that with Kronos it was likely possible. She prided herself on her stubbornness and will, but what was she without those things? Useful? She didn't want to know. Tessa looked over at Archer again, catching his sign. She tried to withhold a smile, but it eventually crept onto the corners of her lips as she laughed. 'You should have an advice column' the demigod replied. While she signed it, her mind wandered elsewhere. Did he mean what he said, or was it playful banter? Tess chose the latter.

She resumed her task of lazily memorizing Archer's hand with her fingertips. Tessa and Jared hadn't ever held hands - it was too mundane for the medic, apparently. But the teenager liked holding hands. There was just something about it that was both possessive and not. To her handholding declared, "Yes, this is my person, but also, this person shouldn't leave me until I let go, because I need them." Tessa glanced upwards again as she caught another sign, her blush returning as she nodded. 'I think so.' Her lips curved into another smile. Life was strange. One second she had been sobbing, and now she was watching the Avengers with her flower prince. Go figure. Life was short and stupid, but it occasionally didn't suck. When she was with Archer she never felt empty or incomplete; she felt free and wanted.

the opposite of amnesia

occ - i didn't realize you had posted oh my gosh; i'm so sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]   are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are you going to age with grace --- [mcsarah]
Page 1 of 1