Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!

Go down 
+6
Kol Mikaelson
Kota
pinkgirl
moon
firelord zuko
a. hams
10 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! Empty
PostSubject: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 pm

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! Tumblr_mav3jwQkBp1rh14zyo1_500

Secret Santa!

Alright, are you guys ready for this year's secret santa?! If you answered no, TOUGH. 

So, let's get started. Secret Santa. How does it work? First, those of you who answered yes to the previous question, who want to take part in Secret Santa make a post here saying that you'd like to be included. The administrators will keep track of who all posts. And for the sake of keeping the list cleaning, only post that you want to join in this thread. Nothing else! Even if you're excited, it'll make the list a bit confusing if put here, so please refrain. Next, we randomly pair up people. So maybe admin would tell bob that he is to get a gift for sally. Then admin tell sally that she is to get a gift for Dan. Then admin tell Dan that he is to get a Jim. Then admin tell Jim to get a gift for Bob. It's a big circle of gifts, and, when it's done right, it's fabulous~~~

You have until December 7th to sign up, and then by December 8th you will be sent a pm containing your partner's name on it. For the sake of secret santa do not change your name. It makes finding you difficult for both the administrators as well as your partner!! Those who change their name may not get a gift. D; ANYWAY. You'll have until 11:59 pm EST on December 24th to create/buy your gift for secret santa, and then from December 25th to 11:59 pm EST on December 31st to give your gift to your partner! Remember, it's a secret, so don't tell [b]anyone who you're giving a gift to. Don't ruin the surprise!! D: And to those of you who haven't received a gift by 11:59 pm EST on December 31st, you are to pm an admin explaining that you didn't receive one. We'll know who was paired up with who, and if it turns out you didn't give a gift to someone, you will not be able to participate in the next secret santa, plus you will get all your drachmas taken away! And that would be a bummer, wouldn't it? For both you AND the person who didn't receive a gift. Last year this happened a lot, which is a serious problem. It kills the joy and makes children cry. YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE CHILDREN CRY, DO YOU?

I hope you answered no to that. This isn't Teletubbies. So! Now that we've gotten through the rules, let's go to helping out your secret santa make the right gift for you!! A subforum will be set up where each person participating will make a thread containing their wishlist! You can name it "Gary's wishlist!" or "HAPPY RAINBOW JOY JOY [LEX]" Doesn't matter as long as your name is in the title so that your secret santa can easily find it. In this thread you will list a few of your interests--favorite books, movies, television shows, video games, your OTPs, music, you name it. Just name sure it follows the rules!! Then, your secret santa can take something from that list and make or buy something based off of that.

Here are a few rules though. It's okay if you really want to go out and buy, say, a Simoleons gift card for your avid sim player, but real life gifts should not require an address to be given. So no trying to mail gifts to people's houses! That goes against site rules of giving personal info and yada yada. It's just safer for everyone. And if you're going to go out and purchase a gift, it doesn't have to be some crazy $50 gift card to shop at Hot Topic online. A ten dollar card will suffice, and make sure they work online. How dumb would you feel if you bought something for someone that can't actually be used? D;

Anyway, I know a lot of you, most of you for that matter, don't have spare cash to spend or simply don't want you. And that's perfectly alright, I assure you. Each of us has a different talent. If you can draw a picture, do that for your secret santa! Maybe of their characters or their favorite scene in a book?  If you're an experienced coder, feel free to make a character template if they need one (yes, these are things you can specify on your wishlist! Though no promising you'll get art or coding or whatever--your secret santa may not be skilled at such things or have the time to make them.) Maybe you can write a song about something on your person's wishlist? Or a photoshopped signature. There are a lot of possibilities if you're creative, and I know for a fact that all you guys are! I also know a lot of us are crazy procrastinators too, so make sure you get that gift in on time! SO. That about covers the wishlist. And if you don't make a wishlist, you make your gifter's job difficult, so you might end up with something you hate. D: And that'd be a real bummer. Personally, if my person didn't put up a wishlist, I'd just fill their inbox with pictures of coal. >:C BAHUMBUG.

That does lead me to another point though. You need to need to need to put effort into your gift. No half-assing, guys. We're not all perfect at everything, but the important thing is that you try. If you're gonna send a gift card or something, write a cute little note to accompany it. If you're going to make a drawing, don't just do stick figures. Put serious love into it! People here are worth the effort, and if you disagree you're a terrible santa. -sobs- Just try your hardest, that's all we ask. That being said, if you write poetry for you assigned person, don't write a haiku. Write something long and nice and meaningful, and put time and love into it.

Don't be squidward.
Spoiler:

Alright, that covers it. If you have a question, pm an admin. And hopefully you didn't skim, because the admins don't want stupid questions that have already been covered. Remember, all of this post is important, especially squidward. And if you did skim, we can't be held accountable if you mess up, and you will still be punished for disobeying the event rules. C; And if you ask a question already answered in this post, then we will simply refer you back to it. A little reading never killed anyone. :P Unless you're reading Shakespeare. That's another story entirely. 

RAMBLING. I AM RAMBLING. Okay, you know the dates, so go sign up (if you want to and can commit) and have fun making someone's holiday. HUZZAHHHHHH. /flies off
[/b]
oh yeah this was written by sniggle i stole it hehe

the chb team

Last edited by Crowley on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:29 pm

i'd like to participate ~
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

i nominate myself as tribute
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 am

I would like to participate
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
Kota

Kota

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 am

I WANT TO JOIN!!! ♡
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsfandomuniversity.forumotion.com
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Meeeeee
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:36 pm

yo im in
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:00 am

up for it
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

ahem if it wasn't already clear your dear mod would like to take part in this uh huh.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:17 pm

oh yeah I forced all the staff on the list i know you guys well enough <3

also me me me just incase you didnt know
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who
The Time Travelling Detective
Doctor Who

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 pm

i am in i guess
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:57 pm

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! Tumblr_mw801oYoau1qmw13co1_500
SECRET SANTA IS NOW CLOSED
matches will be delivered soon...
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:42 am

wait guys where is the wishlist forum how are we supposed to know what who wants
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:48 pm

hi idk if everyone else got theirs but i didn't get a person to give something to hi owo/
Back to top Go down
Kota

Kota

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:23 pm

I think it should be required for everyone to post a wishlist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsfandomuniversity.forumotion.com
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 2:07 pm

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! Tumblr_inline_my9xybtFx51sstdqo
reminder to give your secret santa their gift by the 31st
if you don't receive your gift pm me and i will beat your secret santa with a butter sock
merry christmas everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!   SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SECRET SANTA 2014 HECKS YES!
Page 1 of 1