Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

dust colours [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

dust colours [open] Empty
PostSubject: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 pm

alexander hunter
why do you think i lie? for the fun of it?
Alec sat beside several stacks of worn, dusty tapestries with his head against the wall, eyes half-closed, rocking to and fro.

He had come up to the attic on an unexplainable whim, but now as an afterthought, it didn't seem to have been the best idea. Alec supposed he should have known, but still. He was used to unearthly presences, so it was not the mummified Oracle that affected him. Besides, he was familiar with it as well, having already been on a quest. Just as he brushed past a cabinet of old relics, however, something reminded him of... something.

The part of his mind that Alec had locked away deep within itself, in the darkest, most obscure depths of his consciousness, seemed to suddenly slip out of his control, forcing its way back into the limelight. The lapses in concentration were becoming more profound and soon, Alec anticipated, the blinding, flashing images would start. He would again be separated from the world and its achingly vivid colours. On anyone else, it might have been a relief. For the son of Hades, there was only fear.

Collapsing against the side of the cabinet, Alec slid down with his back to the wall, letting his head rest against the crumbly paint. He could now taste the moist air of tunnels and soil far underground, like the damp dirt was just inches from his face. A quick groan escaping his lips, Alec realised that he was hyperventilating. He took several long breaths, but was already too far gone to tell if it was helping or not.

Come on. His mind was a blur of cobwebs and grey stonework. Get on with it. At least it was deep into the night and nobody would see him in this state.

Just as that particular thought occurred to Alec, footsteps thudded up the steps. He watched through a fading haze of colour as the door handle trembled and turned.

words: 328 // tag: #open // notes:
preferably someone who can play out something interesting. i put thought into this post.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 pm

dust colours [open] Iqlvs3dust colours [open] I6kuwh

Quinn Taylors
| Quinn Taylors had changed. No longer did she walk around camp, making conversation with fake, lipsticked friends and their arrogant boyfriends. No longer did she smile brightly, displaying her clear complexion and white teeth. No longer did she pretend to be happy, fearless and perfect, because she wasn't. Her life wasn't happy, or perfect, and she certainly had a fair amount of fears now. She had realized how all of her sins, mistakes and misdeeds were still evident. They haunted her, pressing her against the wall of a cage she had made herself. Quinn knew there would be no escape. Not on her own, anyways.

This frantic energy had lead her to a place someone related to Apollo should never go: the attic. The second she stepped foot in the big house, her stomach told her to leave, and get the hell out there. But Quinn ignored her instincts as she maneuvered around, looking for the door. Dread filled her stomach, piling up until she felt herself gagging. This was a really bad idea. She continued on, though, her hand eventually grasping the handle of the door that lead to certain stupidity. Her hands shook, but the door still opened.

The scent of musk and dust filled her nostrils as she stepped in, the floorboards creaking under her weight. Moonlight streamed in through a long window, but it wasn't enough to make her feel at home. This was no place of the sun god. Artifacts from quests past were lined along shelves, all labeled and covered in dust. That's all heroes got around here, a place on the shelf to die. The thought made her stomach turn again. She stepped onwards until she saw it; a face covered in dry, decaying skin, clothes hanging uselessly off of a skeleton. The oracle was not a pretty sight.

She held her breath. Did she really want to do this? Quinn contemplated her thought until she noticed something, someone, rather. The figure scared her, and she burst a quick, "What the hell!" She nearly backed into a rack of trophies as she glared at the figure, as if daring the demigod to speak.

you look so pretty but you're gone so soon

Last edited by moon on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:28 am

alexander hunter
Alec looked up at the girl, barely managing to lift his eyelids, certainly not bothering to flick away the strands of dark blonde that covered half his vision.

She was surprised—and for good reason. Alec pictured himself in her point of view, a fellow demigod half shrouded in darkness, slumped against a wall in a eerie old attic full of dusty relics. Not to mention that a few paces away was the unmentionable oracle of delphi, which was probably older and creepier than everything else in the room combined. Not the least disturbing scene.

The girl's high tone pierced like a sharp lance, penetrating his already disoriented mind with crude efficiency.

"Not so loud." He meant to sound harsh, but with the effort of keeping the illusions at bay, Alec couldn't even manage that anymore. His voice came out in a dry whisper. He found it harder to concentrate on the reality of the room around him, yet to let his mind meander by itself would bring only fear.

He was simply prolonging the inevitable, and one moment's distraction would drag him into a whirling torrent of memories.

Alec longed to get it over with, and he was ready a moment ago, but he couldn't fully surrender his will with someone in close proximity. Frustration skimmed about mockingly and danced in his chest. While given over to that post-traumatic trance, he would have no control over his mind or his physical body. Alec would relive the labyrinth once again. From past experience, having someone around, apart from his sister, never turned out well. The slightest touch could have him in a crazed fury. As he obviously couldn't leave, she needed to stay away. It was sheer luck that the girl hadn't appeared a little later.

Each second felt like an eternity of agony, but Alec forced himself to speak. "Please, get out." His voice was steadier this time, but there was a glint in his eyes that could have been a threat or an apt sign of insanity for all anyone knew. At that moment, getting out would've been a wise decision.

words: 355 // tag: #moon // notes:
moon, the setting is deep into the night
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:26 am

dust colours [open] Iqlvs3dust colours [open] I6kuwh

Quinn Taylors
| Quinn felt goosebumps prickle over her skin, despite the average temperature of the room. Something in the air seemed toxic, maybe it was the dust or just the concentration of magical objects, but whatever it was, she didn't like it. Each breath she drew seemed to push her one step closer to danger. Something was wrong with this room. She could feel it.

The unknown boy that was slumped against the room was different as well, or just really confused, Quinn wasn't sure. He seemed exhausted, with his hair a mess and his voice soft. As the demigod spoke, her eyebrows scrunched together, forming a line signaling misunderstanding. Was something else in the attic? Would she wake the wrinkly oracle? "Why?" the teenager questioned, her gaze shifting towards the mummy. She hoped that the oracle didn't start speaking, because that would send this situation to the top of her 'creepy events that happened to me' list.

Quinn took hesitant steps forward, the floorboards creaking underneath her. She hated this room. "What are you doing here, anyways?" the girl asked, raising an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. Few demigods really wanted to go up into the attic, and of those few that did, most of them wanted change. This boy didn't seem to want that. Quinn wanted change, but she couldn't exactly get that with him just standing there. She wanted a private conversation with the oracle. "Or not, I've got stuff to do up here," she replied briskly, looking over at the mummy again. "How about you leave, then?" Quinn was normally all for pointless arguing, and this was definitely one of those moments. She wanted to figure out what was next in her life, and the shrunken lady a few paces from her was supposed to help her, not this confused boy.

you look so pretty but you're gone so soon

occ: i edited my other post, sorry i misinterpreted your post.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 am

alexander hunter
Forcing himself to focus, Alec pushed away the visions even knowing that it would hurt later on. He really should have been to a therapist. But how would he explain the mental lapses? Underground mazes and monsters and unthinkable horrors that definitely could not exist in the mortal world. He didn't want to be shipped off to that sort of institute.

The answer was painfully obvious. "Because I can't?" Alec ignored the middle section of her questions, trying to decide if he could hold out till she was done with her whatever. He couldn't, and the girl was obviously not going to leave. He gave up trying.

"Go on then, I won't stop you." There was a dark gleam of challenge in his eyes.

Then a thought struck him. Resisting only increased the pain, so why would he sacrifice more of his sanity for the safety of someone he didn't even know?

Well, there's the oracle, he argued. I wouldn't want to damage it. The argument sounded weak even to himself.

Excuses, Alec. The voice was a silent whisper, winding itself around his will and prying the mental wall of his mind apart. You never cared before, you shouldn't care now.

"Yeah, maybe I don't." Perhaps he had mumbled it aloud, perhaps he had not. Either way, there was to be no more battle. His half closed eyes glazed over, and Alec gave himself up at last to the demands of his broken mind. It was up to the Fates now, whatever happened.

words: 253 // tag: #moon // notes:
haha, its fine no worries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dust colours [open]   dust colours [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dust colours [open]
Page 1 of 1