Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

After Keller just got that all out - his mini rant, if you want to call it that - he just stood there in front of genevieve, panting and shaking and tense with anger. He wanted to flip out again, and felt like he was about to, but to do so even more than he had just done, and he was slightly scared to let go of the anger. Just in case. He had bad blood running through his veins when it came to staying calm, and his add was twice as bad as his father's. he didn't think he had ever hit a girl before, but he wanted that to never happen. Normally, anyway, but now he was so blinded with rage that he could barely keep a grip on it all.

But then Genevieve met his volume, and he realized how much he had actually hurt her. Because he had been away for so long, he had only been able to imagine it and, although they hadn't been nice thoughts, he didn't think that it had affected her as much as she said right now. He didn't think that she would still be that angry over it all. Slowly, whilst still shaking, Keller tried to push out all the anger inside of him and it was unwillingly replaced by guilt, his brown eyes softening a little and he winched every time genevieve raised her voice. And the the girl started to cry, and then Keller really didn't know what to do. Two years ago, he would've just hugged her until she stopped. A year ago, he probably would've just walked away. Now, he was stuck between both actions; he was still angry, but he felt bad and guilty and he didn't want this girl to cry.

He didn't speak for a good minute. Partially because he didn't know what to say, but also because he didn't want to yell and he needed time to calm himself further. He just watched Genevieve cry, every now and again looking away from her face to stare out at the distance above her head.  Finally, he cleared his throat, rubbing the short hairs on the back of his neck with one hand. "I shouldn't have done what I did." He finally admitted, frowning slightly and husky-voiced from the earlier shouting, "i shouldn't have left you without telling you why i had to, or i shouldn't have even left you at all. i don't know. i never wanted to make you feel that way. i loved you, eve, i never wanted to make you feel like that. i'm...sorry." he sighed then, looking torn, speaking quietly and impulsively reaching out to lay his hand on genevieve's shoulder. "just, gods, please jen, don't cry because of me. i am literally not worth it, i promise you i am not worth your tears. okay?"

ooc; sorry i didn't post earlier man, i had work and then went camping yesterday<3
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 pm

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 Tumblr_m86ybxk1W41rrsltx
g e n e v i e v ellllm o r i nllll
d a u g h t e rllllo flllla p h r o d i t ellll

the tears silently rolled down genevieve's cheeks. it was a weird feeling and one she had tried for very long to avoid. her left hand shot to her face, fingers brushing the tears lightly, and droplets dotting her fingertips. Keller was silent just as she was, while she tried to keep the tears inside. she told herself over and over that she could cry into her pillow later, but now it was not okay. still, the tears fell, but not a sound escaped her as she gazed at the boy before her while he struggled to say anything for a long minute. In that time the girl thought highly of walking away, and she almost did. ready to turn and everything, Keller finally spoke and the words that left his mouth were not what she expected.

her eyes left him and settled on a spot on the ground, a thick patch of tall grass to his right as she crossed her arms. everything he said, seemingly to mean, was close to what she had been hoping for the past years. it wasnt happening the hundreds of ways she imagined, but he said it. His hand was resting on her shoulder. a casual gesture genevieve didn't know how to react to. his touch was surprising and the heat from his palm seemed to burn through her t-shirt.

loved was an odd word to hear utter from his lips. any form of the word had been lost from her vocabulary for months and she had never imagined him to even mention it if they ever talked again. to her, his care was gone and had been for a long time. obviously she was farther than beyond wrong. it was weird, but made her stomach churn just the same. she didn't know the meaning, but the daughter of Aphrodite twisted her body slightly for a moment to let his gentle touch fall from her shoulder. genevieve hardly had any other idea of what to do.

"I've told myself you're not worth it for a long time," she admitted. her tears were slowing gradually. "Inconsiderately, you didn't say a thing to me, or anyone I asked. If there were anyone I am crying for, it's myself, though. you don't understand what I put myself through." she was hardly making sense, but was trying to continue to stick up for herself. her guard still up. Agreeing she said, "You shouldn't have gone anywhere, done anything. you should have known how much this would hurt me. even after so long, what a sore subject this still is."

ooc: school has started. kill me. would have posted sooner but it has been a long couple of days ugh
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Keller could just stand there, his immensely tall frame feeling overwhelmed with awkwardness and guilt that it just breathed off his tanned body. You could see from his posture as it changed from tense to rigid that he was feeling a whirlwind of emotions. It was almost as if he felt God and Satan on each of his shoulders; one telling him to scream and shout and punch and kick and curse, and the other telling him to get on his knees and sob for forgiveness. He wasn't going to listen to either, but instead stay firmly in the middle. Keller Kidd Harris didn't have much self-control, but this he could be sure of.

If Keller could seem any more awkward, however, he managed it when Genevieve let his hand fall. It went to his side for a moment before his reached up to his hair, running a shakey hand through the dark hair and pulling the strands up into pace sub-consciously. She looked away from him and down, yet Keller's golden-brown eyes continue to stare at the top of her hair, a stray thought running through his mind as he quickly noticed how pretty it still was, yet he removed the thought quickly. It would not help him to drag up more past and feelings than they already had right now, and Keller didn't know if he was feeling so uneasy because of those past feelings or whether it was due to the situation. Perhaps both, but he managed to eradicate the emotions from his mind for a moment.

"I was a jerk." he simply said after she had had her turn, taking another minute to reply. Then he chuckled lightly, but it wasn't a happy chuckle. An ironic chuckle was probably the truest description of the sound. "I still am a jerk. I was really wrong. I realize that. You could do so much better than me, and I guess I didn't realize how bad you would've felt at the time because I thought you would've been able to meet someone much better than me, and someone that wouldn't have argued with you over every last detail of your life."

He didn't reply to her crying statement: he was glad that she wasn't crying for him, because he didn't deserve it and he didn't want to be the cause to this sadness, although naive Keller should've seen the real depth to the pain he caused her. He could see most of it, as he admitted, but he of course wasn't in her position and therefore couldn't fully understand. He lacked the amount of empathy.

"Look, Genevieve. I know you hate me." He simply murmured, wanting to meet her pretty eyes and trying to do so. He didn't speak like he was feeling sorry for himself; he spoke with truth about how he honestly thought and felt, not wanting, expecting or looking for any sympathy. "and i know i can't make it up to you. but i'm not going to let you stay here and cry on your own, and i'm not going to let you go back to your cabin alone, okay? so i'm going to walk you back now. is that alright? actually, i don't care if you disagree because i'm going to do it anyway. you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to. you can walk ahead of me if you want to. but the least i can do is make sure you get back safely."

ooc; oh damn bbs that sucks, i start weds but i just back from a family holiday so i am no where near mentally prepared for term to start
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 pm

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 Tumblr_m86ybxk1W41rrsltx

you are a jerk.

genevieve wanted to scream at him, telling Keller how much of an inconsiderate person he was. Was he insane? probably. Why would she want to go anywhere with him? how could he go from screaming at her, insulting her, to 'I want to walk you back to the cabins to know your safe' in a matter of thirty seconds. Of all times to try and be considerate...

She wasn't upset, she consistently told herself that she wasn't crying. The tears stopped escaping her eyes as she focused on halting them. it, as always, was nothing to cry about, and she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. genevieve refused to give him the idea that she was going to cry all the way back.

the daughter of Aphrodite didn't want to go back, though and nothing or anyone was going to make her do that. There were people there, her siblings that were suspicious and talkative. they would assume the worst, or the worst any kid from that cabin could get into. it was odd again, but the wave of anger was coming back again and she wasn't going to let it die out, but use it. "You think walking me back to the cabins will make up for anything? That's a great one! Alright Keller, you didn't figure anything out lately have you?" everything about her screamed, wanting to accept such an apology, but it had been so long, too long. She didn't know how to react anymore.

she smiled besides herself, laughing almost, her emotions making a full circle, just like their arguments always did. and then she dropped her crossed arms and met the boy in front of her's eyes, the ones that gazed right into hers just as much. Too long it had been since she'd seen them, but the girl didn't want to think about it. her anger boiled still, but was filled with confusion, more than ever. genevieve didn't quote understand what she was doing when she did it, or why.

genevieve started walking, away, past Keller and brushing her shoulder across his, almost making it a push but not being able to bring herself to do so. Her direction was completely opposite of the cabins and the rest of camp. Instead, it was deeper into the woods and an attempt to put ever more distance between herself and him. every part of her screamed at him, barely wanting to process what he had said prior, but she did and found he was wrong in more than just one way.

i don't hate you.

ooc: first days are fun. jk, but it's usually better than the rest of the year
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Keller felt like a kid once more; he felt as if he was back in his classroom during break at the age of eight, trying to be nice after punching one of his peers yet being yelled at by his teacher. he held his head down when Genevieve shouted at him, not filling in to his tall frame any longer. Genevieve was right, of course, yet no matter how much he was trying to be good, he couldn't help but stick up for himself. "I didn't think it would. Of course it wouldn't, Eve, I'm not stupid. I'm just being selfish, really, and I want to make sure your safe for my sake more than yours, because I'm probably not going to forgive myself if you go off upset and this time on night alone." He shrugged, biting on the inside of his cheek.

When the girl finally met his eyes, he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He didn't understand himself why he had left, because what they had had - despite the arguments - had been amazing. But, being away probably proved to himself how great they were, as every other girl he had met hadn't held the same spark as him. She was definitely the greatest thing he had ever had ever had in his life, yet he had always cared so much about money at the time that it could sometimes not seem like it. Although he was rich once more at the moment, he had tried not to squander all of his money. He still ah the same black Jaguar, and still had expensive clothes, yet he tried - and failed - to enjoy the nicer things in life.

"I've tried to figure things out." he simply murmured, his eyes staring intently into Genevieve's.

Groanin when she brushed past him, Keller stared at where she had been for a moment before turning around, shoving his hands in the pockets of his hoodie and having no other option than to take strides after her, keeping a few feet behind her yet on pursuit. "Genevieve Morin, you aren't getting rid of me!" Keller just called from a little behind her, moving further away from the cabins with the girl, "If we go back to the cabins now, you can get away from me, but walking further isn't going to do you any favors. I'll just keep talking to you, and you don't want that."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Genevieve had expected him to follow her, only she wished he hadn't. If he didn't follow her she could have roamed in peace, gotten her mind far away from him like she had done so many times before. She would have climbed a tree, or something, anything to provide the false feeling of seclusion and relaxation. But obviously, that night she wouldn't be getting that, and it all started with a startling swing of a bow. But without turning to even acknowledge Keller behind her, she trudged on, noticing the space her kept between them, and how it must have been carefully measured, not wanting to be too close and obviously smart enough to not be too far. Genevieve would have happily lost him in the brush, but it didn't seem likely.

"I was doing just fine in the dark tonight even before you came along, Keller Harris" the girl grumbled, her eyes darting across the woods in front of her. After those few moments they must have reached a decent depth into the woods and every single part of the daughter of Aphrodite fumed with conflicting emotions, but still, refused to even turn to side glance at Keller behind her. She was hardly able to find any words. What could she say at this point? She had said it all, it had felt like. She felt better about most of it, but the rest was weird and confusing, making her thoughts on the boy behind her jumbled.

Her steps were slowing as the ground began to slope upwards at an angle. Keller, still following her through seemingly closer, no doubt having no difficulty with the terrain. It was what annoyed her even further and the reason she had no hindsight of what she was doing or where she was walking. "gods--SHIT!"

Genevieve had never set off a trigger to a camper-set trap, but somehow she managed to do just that. It happened quickly, a click and a snap before the ground seemed to spring up and close around her in a dark, thickly woven net. Just when she thought it was at its worse, somehow Keller was caught up in the frenzy as well and she knew this by the force that tumbled him against her back. an odd noise escaped her lips that varied between a grunt and an exasperated gasp.

Before she could even realize it, she was squished, literally head over heels twisted and pressed against the boy she had been desperately trying to avoid in a net hanging from the trees some thirty feet above the ground.

ow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]
Page 1 of 1