Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

scratching the surface --- [ml]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

scratching the surface --- [ml] Empty
PostSubject: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:41 pm

scratching the surface --- [ml] Zv643aZscratching the surface --- [ml] Rrv4Y1m

Elijah Connery
Elijah walked into the training arena just as the rest of his cabin was exiting, waving him a careless goodbye as he stood among training dummies and scattered weapons. He licked his tongue over his lips, shaking his head as he returned the wave. His sword was balanced in his left hand as he flicked his eyes over the expanse of area, contemplating if he actually wanted to train. His muscles ached from residing in an awkward position much of the afternoon. Hopefully that demigod didn't mind if his car wasn't fixed just yet, because Eli was out for the day.

Turning to a dummy, he took a stab at it, the metal of his blade digging into the leather armor dressed upon the tool. He scowled, trying to tug the sword from its recent confinement, but the weapon didn't budge. Exasperated, the teenager pulled harder, causing himself to become off balance, which eventually led to himself being on the floor of the arena. "Damn," he muttered, standing himself back up to look for something else to do. Stupid mandatory training.

Running a hand through his hair, as if to make it more messy, he tossed his sword aside, the hilt standing up as the blade dug into the ground. Elijah walked over to the throwing spears, hoping that today he could excel in this skill a little bit, just maybe. Spears weren't ever his strong suit, he hated the awkward length and the small blade. However, in a fight, you didn't have many options but to use what you had. Exhaling, he threw the spear at a target, hoping for a decent hit. Unfortunately for him, the weapon sunk past the circle, and landed in the wooden support beam. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," Eli ranted, picking up his spear and throwing it angrily in a random direction. Only after he looked up did he noticed that it landed a few inches in front of someone's shoes. "Sorry!" he burst, jogging over to retrieve the weapon. "I wasn't paying attention, uh - sorry," the demigod explained.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm

scratching the surface --- [ml] Tumblr_n8swnvlfG21r8j1j3o1_500
Malachy Hayden

because when i arrive, i i'll bring the fire, make you come alive
Malachy groans as he drags himself out of bed. The one thing he has never grown to enjoy about camp is the early wake up. If it was up to him he'd sleep all day, if only he was a child of Hypnos. Unfortunately he's not, so with a sigh he grabs a fresh set of clothing and heads to the bathroom. After a quick shower, he pulls on a pair of Nike athletic shorts, a camp t-shirt, and a pair of black Nike crew socks. Slipping his tennis shoes on he grabs his sword and leaves the still crowded Hera cabin.

Running his fingers through his mess of hair, he heads towards the arena for his weapons training. Upon arriving at the arena he is quickly caught in a group of Hephaestus campers who are just finishing their lesson. Once he's through the crowd, he makes a beeline for the practice dummies. Raising his sword he begins to slash and hack at the dummies, executing fairly good swordsmanship skills, although he could always improve. He continues to do this for a while, before he grows tired enough to need a break.  

Malachy turns around to head to the water cooler, when a spear lands a mere two inches from his foot. Swearing he quickly spins around looking for the person he threw it. Just then he hears someone say that they're sorry. Quickly his eyes land on the boy and he narrows them as he glares at him. He's lucky that he didn't actually hit Malachy. "Thank you"he replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "How did you know I enjoy getting pierced with spears?"he asks as he yanks the spear out of the ground. He then walks over to the boy and hands it to him. "Next time, don't use the spear"he says to the boy.  
.:Coded by Crowley at CHB:.

Last edited by firelord zuko on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Elijah Connery
Elijah felt the sweat on his neck cool with the chilly breeze, making him shudder as he  walked over to the boy. Honestly, he hadn't thought anyone else would be out at this time of day, much less in the arena. Normally no one came, unless with their cabin. The guilty feeling that sank into his stomach as he walked over soon vanished as the teenager began yelling at him. Narrowing his blue eyes, Eli frowned, biting the inside of his cheek as he grabbed the spear from the guy's hands. "Thanks for the sarcasm," the demigod retorted sharply. He wasn't the kind of person to get into arguments, he hated them and he hated being angry.

Tossing the spear to the side (and making sure no one was there), he crossed him arms in front of the younger boy. "I was sorry," Elijah muttered, looking past the other demigod instead of at him. "But I'm not really sorry anymore," he added, nodding his head, as if that was a great comeback. The blonde exhaled, his muscles still aching from his work in the forges that morning. Why was he so insistent on waking up early? His decision making skills might need more work than his spear throwing, apparently.

"I'll use whatever weapon I want!" Eli spat, glancing over at his sword, which was currently on the ground, and looking lonely. "Normally I don't use spears, I use - " He jogged over to grab his sword, and then came back, twirling the hilt with his fingers. " - this, and it's so much better than that," he explained.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Malachy Hayden

Malachy rolls his eyes as he folds his arms across his chest as he watches the boy. He can't help but laugh as he watches him. It's almost as if he feels uncomfortable in this situation, something which is rather amusing. "You're welcome"he says with a smirk as he bows. Yeah it seems a bit assholeish, but he can't resist. He's still bitter over almost having a hole in his foot.

"I don't want your sympathy"he says rolling his eyes, "I could care less about if you're sorry"he explains. It's true, he's not the biggest fan of apologizes. Oh no, he'd much rather get revenge on the boy. Revenge is more fun, and it's a hell of a lot more satisfying. "By the way, you could use some help with your comebacks. They're a bit pathetic"he tells the boy, in an odd way he's being helpful. He's not sure why, he just felt like it was the nice thing to do.

An amused look on his face, Malachy turns to watch the boy as he goes to retrieve his sword. Instinctively he takes a step back, after the spear thing he doesn't quite trust him with weapons. Eyeing the sword he looks at the boy, "Obviously, anyone who's good with a spear wouldn't nearly main someone"he says as he rolls his eyes. "Are you saying that you can actually use a sword?"he asks as he raises his eyebrow, "Go on, i'd like to see you use it"he tells the boy. 
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:37 am

Elijah Connery
Elijah felt his stomach twist as the boy laugh. He was a good year younger than him, why was he laughing? The laughter vaguely reminded him of the kids that would make fun of him for his inability to read. His skin seemed to crawl as he tightened his grip on the sword, wishing the guy would just leave him alone. He said he was sorry.

Narrowing his eyes at him, the teenager tightened both of his fists angrily. "Some of people have manners, jerk, unlike you," he said with a frown. Raising an eyebrow at the guy's comment, he shook his head. Did he think he was helping him or something? If anything, he was just being rude. Again. "I don't need them very often," he responded, his face locked in a consistent expression. Eli exhaled, running a hand through his hair as the guy continued talking.

Snorting at the other demigod's remarks, he held up the blade of his weapon, as if for inspection. "See this? I made it, so yes, I can use it," he replied, running his finger along the edge of the blade. It wasn't full celestial bronze, Eli had used a ratio of metals to create something strong and powerful for battles. "But I don't use it on unarmed idiots," the teenager stated, casting his gaze accusingly at the boy.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Malachy Hayden

Malachy rolls his eyes as he watches the boy. "On the contrary, I have manners. I just haven't seen any evidence that you deserve to see them"he says with a smirk, as he begins to tap his foot against the ground. To say he doesn't want to be here, would be an understatement. Malachy can think of a million things that he would rather be doing right now. Talking to the boy is completely uninteresting. [color:c7d2=F87A17]"You'd be surprised how often one might need a comeback. You'd probably know if you had regular conversations, it appears that you do not have them very often"he states.

Okay Malachy knows he's being an asshole, but he's just so angry from almost being impaled by a spear. Most likely he'll keep this going for a bit, apologize to the boy and never see him again. Maybe he'll send him some chocolate covered strawberries so he won't seem quite so mean. Who knows. When it happens it will happen.

Malachy scans the boy's sword. He has to admit, it's a pretty nice looking sword. Okay that's a lie. The craftmens ship is purely amazing, this kid has to be a son of Hephaestus. There's no other explaination as to how amazing the sword is. "Holy shit"he whispers, "It's amazing, it's so amazing"he mumbles as he stares at the sword. He then laughs, as he holds up his own sword. "I'm armed, but with nothing as cool as yours"he says quietly as he stares at the boy's sword.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Elijah Connery
Elijah raised an eyebrow as the boy continued to speak of manners. Manners? He apologized? Wasn't that the polite thing to do? "I apologized," the demigod muttered under his breath, personally hoping the other boy didn't hear him. Eli wasn't a rude person, he preferred to get along with most people he met, and avoid arguments if at all possible. Apparently this demigod wasn't raised under the same ideas. "I have plenty of conversations," he stated, frowning slightly. The demigod spoke to people often, but the conversations were never very deep or meaningful. Most of the time people just asked him to fix their broken cars or weapons, which was simple enough. "I actually get along with people, which must be something unheard of in your case."

Eli felt more confident after retraining his pride and joy. The metal was darker than Celestial bronze, and stronger too. Yet it still maintained that unearthly glow that most of the weapons campers used had. He grinned at the boy's response, taking a chance to observe the figure in front of him. "I know," he said confidently, his eyes flicking down at the engraving along the blade. Eli wasn't a very sentimental person, but this weapon displayed countless hours of work, and was the best thing he had ever made.

He raised his eyebrows as the boy complimented him. Or at least, he guessed he did. "Maybe I could make you something cool, or I would've, but you kind of insulted me," Elijah said casually, laughing at his reply. He didn't hold grudges for very long, and normally let arguments go without much of a fight. Holding out his hand, the boy stated, "I'm Eli."
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Malachy Hayden

Malachy rolls his eyes as he stares at the boy. Honestly he's trying hard not to laugh, and he's not sure why. The boy really hasn't done anything wrong. It was an accident... "You sure about that blondie?"he asks with a laugh. He then runs his fingers through his hair as he looks around before looking back at the boy. "Because your arguing is making me doubt that"he says with a laugh.

Malachy's eyes widen as he looks at the boy. He can't help but mentally scream at himself for being such an asshole. Here this boy was saying that if he had been nicer he maybe would make him a cooler weapon. And his sword is really cool. He can't believe he actually ruined the chance for a nicer weapon. "I'm sorry"he says as he bites his lip. Such a generic and quite honestly pathetic apology, but hopefully the boy will accept it. He doens't expect him to make a weapon for him, but he does feel bad. "Look I don't expect you to make me anything, but I feel bad for being mean. I can be a bit hot headed"he says quietly as he lets his gaze fall to his feet. "I'm Malachy"he adds when he hears the boy mention his name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scratching the surface --- [ml]   scratching the surface --- [ml] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scratching the surface --- [ml]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Arena-
Jump to: