Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

private -- summer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

private -- summer Empty
PostSubject: private -- summer   private -- summer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Xavier Reid Hastings
Xavier walks down the steps of his cabin, a book tucked under his arm. The son of Zeus has decided that spending time in his cabin is a waste, and that if he wants to read he might as well read outside. After all it is a very nice day out. Dressed simply in athletic clothing, and his reading glasses he's hoping that he won't draw any attention to himself. He just wants to be left in peace, and hopefully that's not too much to ask for.

As he walks, Xavier unknowingly shuffles his feet across the ground, building up a charge of static electricity. Usually he is careful about this, but today he doesn't seem to notice. This builds up a slight charge, making his hair stand up in spots all over his head with a small crackle. If he were to come in contact with someone else, they will most likely get a not so pleasant shock.

Anyways, Xavier finds a bench under a tree and sits down. He then swings his feet up and stretches out, resting against the arm rest. Opening his book he puts it on his lap and begins to read. Every once in a while he has to pause to push his glasses up, but other than that he is uninterrupted. And he spends what must be a few hours there, which is a real treat. He hasn't had this much time to himself to read for a while.

After a while of reading, he finishes his book and sits up a bit as he closes it and sits next to him. He has another book, but he'd like to take a small break before reading it. So he begins to look around the courtyard, watching the various people. Only a few people seem to be spending any real amount of time in the courtyard, the other's are mainly just passing through.

That's when Xavier notices the girl, she seems to be in a hurry and doesn't notice when she drops a book. Usually he'd ignore it, but for whatever reason he decides to retrieve it for her. Standing up he runs over to the book, unknowingly building up his static electricity charge. He then runs after the girl, "Hey! You dropped your book!"he calls out to her as he speeds up. Eventually he catches up to her, and puts his hand on her shoulder to stop her. Still unaware of the fact that he's built up a charge, he's started when he feels the familiar zap he gets when he shocks someone. "Shit, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to do that"he apologizes. Honestly he feels awful, this girl didn't do anything to him and now she's probably going to assume he did it to be an asshole. Great just great.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

private -- summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: private -- summer   private -- summer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:34 pm

crystal frost
the cold burns brighter than you'll ever smolder.
The situation at home wasn't any better than when she left. Crystal hurriedly made for her cabin—unknowingly dropping her copy of The Lord of the Rings—, meaning to charge her phone before calling her step-brother. Walking across the grass, however, she got the shock of her life—literally. Static zapped right through her, leaving her senses tingling rather rudely. It hurt, too, but Crystal was more in disbelief than pain. Then the anger that had rubbed itself into a fine point started to seriously burn.

An unsettling calm settled over her. The calm before a storm.

If it were any other situation and any other mood or even any other demigod, Crystal would have shrugged it off and probably even given a friendly frostbite to show that there were no hard feelings. Yes, frostbites can be friendly, you cynical sceptic. But having had her patience tested for the third time that day, forget friendly, the daughter of Khione was beyond nice right now. In fact, she was feeling very, very sarcastic.

Never mind that the person who had just shocked her was several years more experienced, nor that he was probably one of the nicer kids in cabin 1. He was getting the full blast of Crystal's temper. Unimpressed with his apology, she turned around to face the camper.

Crystal did not yell or otherwise raise her voice, but her caustic tone cut with unmistakable scathe. "Right, like I'll fall for that. What's the problem with you Zeus' kids? Do you guys just feel the need to disturb every other camper around here? Think you're better than everyone else? Well let me relieve you from your delusions and do feel free to inform the rest of your siblings that you're just a bunch of arrogant, materialistic, incompetent pretty faces.

"In fact, come to think of it, you Zeus people are nothing more than,"
she swept an incensed hand horizontally to accentuate her statement, "electrostatic inducing lightning rods."

Thunder rumbled. Whatever.

Not all the accusations applied to that specific camper in front of her, but Crystal unreasonably had in mind the bunch of other people who had annoyed her that week. In general, her rants were actually pretty impressive and several campers had turned to stare. On the other hand, the endings were not situations most campers would want to stay around for. Several hastily picked up their belongings and hurried to a safe distance.

To complete that absolute and utterly death-provoking tirade, Crystal rounded the whole thing up by staring right into the camper's eyes and snapping, "Go stand on a roof."

words: 433 // tag: #maeve // notes:
oh jesus i am so sorry i thought this posted ages ago goddammit
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

private -- summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: private -- summer   private -- summer I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:45 pm

i've paid my dues time after time I've done my sentence but committed no crime
xavier reid hastings
Xavier narrows his eyes as he watches the girl. It was an accident and he had genuinely felt bad about it. But if she's going to act like that, he's not even going to bother trying to apologize. It's clearly a waste of words, not to mention she's begun to anger him to the point of where he doesn't want to apologize to her. In fact he'd really like to tell her to do something involving an inappropriate word and leaving. But he chooses to bite his tongue, knowing that if he says something it might set her off even more.

Folding his arms across his chest he stares at the girl. He has to resist the urge from laughing as he hears the words spilling out of her mouth. It's like she's not even bothering to think about what she's saying. It's just one stereotype after another, it's sickening. "For your information, I was trying to be nice and do you a favor by returning your book. Which by the way, I didn't have to do"he says as he moves so he's standing on the balls of his feet.

He's starting to get angry and he should calm down before he actually tries zapping te girl, that would just be messy. Taking a deep breath he looks at the girl, "Shut up! Just shut up!"he tells her, the words coming out in an almost shout. He clenches his fists and shoves them into his pockets, calm down Xavier.

"You have no clue what the hell you're saying"he finally says as he looks at the girl. "You think you're so smart, and that you know everything about us. News flash, we're not allarrogant, materialistic, and incompetent"he says as he narrows his eyes. "But I should thank you because I do have a pretty face"he says with a snicker.

It's just a moment of happiness however as the girl is still there. But that's when he realizes that he's still holding the book, he can end this. And if not end it, he can at least have some fun. Smirking he holds up the book and begins to flip through the pages. "The Lord of the Rings, how boring"he comments as he scans the pages. Closing the book he lets out a small laugh, "I'd rather do this instead"he says with a smirk as he takes a step and chucks the book straight into the fountain.

He then looks back at the girl, "Oops, my bad"he says as he rolls his eyes. He knows this will only anger the girl more, but at this point he could care less. She's made him mad, and she's not going to get by without feeling his wrath. It's simply not an option.
and bad mistakes ‒
i've made a few i've had my share of sand kicked in my face but i've come through.
.:Coded by Wicked at CHB:.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

private -- summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: private -- summer   private -- summer I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:30 am

crystal frost
the cold burns brighter than you'll ever smolder.
The moment Crystal realised that the Zeus kid was actually trying to help, her anger evaporated at once. Perhaps if he stopped after his first sentence, she would have immediately taken back her words. But instead, he rashly decided to fight fire with fire. His sudden outburst confirmed an unstable temperament, which though held similarities Crystal's, was also dissimilar in a way. They were both quick to anger, but while she was bitingly sardonic, he was wildly so. The glare gone from her gaze, it now was her turn to wait coolly till the guy was done speaking.

As the camper raised the book, Crystal realised what he was about to do. Good thing he had thrown it in the direction of the fountain, rather than anywhere else. Just as it touched the water, she froze the fountain without so much as looking in its direction. The book now seemed to quiver precariously on one of its corners, partly anchored in solid ice.

Crystal's rage at him shocking her was all but gone now. After all, he hadn't intentionally provoked her at the start. Her anger was however, replaced by contempt and unexpectedly, a tinge of thrill at the mess she's gotten herself into. She sensed a potential conflict and due to his actions, decided to continue wherever it led. Maybe I'll get a proper brawl for once.

She stabbed a finger in his direction, an eyebrow raised. "You started this by shocking me before I had time to process any information. Besides, if you're rude enough to judge someone's taste in something you obviously don't care about, and recklessly attempt to destroy campus property over anger at something else, then congratulations. You're not arrogant, materialistic and incompetent so much as an immature, irresponsible brat."

A slight apprehension danced in her chest and on the tip of her tongue. Crystal spent a moment deciding against her next action, wrestling between entertainment and Chiron's admonishings, then gave in. I'm so going to regret this, but, ah well.

The daughter of Khione released her hold on the fountain, but not before propelling the book through the air, sending its relatively soft leather binder slamming into the side of the camper's head.

words: 368 // tag: #maeve // notes:
hey i think your posting layout has a bit of a positioning problem on the right
also, if you don't want the book to hit xavier, just tell me so i can change my post ^^
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

private -- summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: private -- summer   private -- summer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

private -- summer
Page 1 of 1