Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:35 pm

After around three years at camp, Ezra Young had of course... Been trying to buddy up to Casimir, in hopes that his twin would come out of his shell and look at things from a different perspective. Respectfully, Ez was no better, hiding his hatred towards many and putting on a show for the rest. Lately, however, Ezra had been content just stargazing with Cas, doing something that his brother was interested in, while having a slight interest due to their father. "You're better at... this, more than I am" Ez said with a laugh as he gestured to the open sky above them. He could notice minor constellations, and could create his own smaller 'stars', but nothing like what his brother could do. They shared some things, and others, well, others were split up, like their personalities.

Growing impatient, Ezra created a small, red star, and at Cas' not responding, threw it lightly at his head, causing it to burst in a beautiful, multi-color diamond pattern above his brother's face, "Talk to me, what's on your mind Cas?" He threw in casually. Little things like this were what he thought only he could do to Casimir, but like the other things he'd done since they got to camp, this might only irritate him. Ezra then sat back, waiting on his brother like usual, not knowing what it was that could cheer him up after 16 years of depression. And with a frown, Ez closed his eyes, just enjoying being able to keep his brother company, since nobody else would.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) Tumblr_m1vxdyFgcR1rt1bdmo1_500
casimir young - - - - - -

Cas didn’t really understand why Ezra followed him around everywhere. He wasn’t pleasant to be around, and he scowled rather than smiled at any given moment. He knew that Ezra wanted to protect him, and even though his intentions were true and good, Casimir didn’t like it. He felt that Ez would just get hurt around him, because everyone. The remembrance of his best friend, Sophia, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the sea of depression that were his memories. That was why he sat in the forest, leaning up against a tree and looking at the stars above him. Never mind that his father was the titan of constellations, Casimir liked stars anyways. They were so far away, so innocent and so pure, white freckles against dark blue skin. Sometimes when Cas felt extremely alone and sad and depressed, he’d look up to the night sky and pick a random star, wishing with all his might to live there alone where no one could hurt or bother him. Even if his abusive brother was long gone back in Colorado, Casimir still had nightmares about him, and any sudden movements from any person towards him could remind him of those afternoons where punches were the main course instead of mac n cheese. Ezra sat beside him, chatting idly, and of course Cas didn’t listen to his twin. He was good at blocking everything out, being the middle child of 6 kids. It wasn’t like he hated his brother, quite the contrary. Ez was the only person Cas could talk to and stand, because he knew deep down, that Ezra would always be there for him. However, he had a lot of trouble believing it at the moment, with everything going to shit in his childhood and adolescence. 

The night sky was particularly alive tonight, and the milky way had decided to show it’s wonderful face to Casimir Young, which made him happy. There were streaks of blue and green and red and orange streaking and flaring across the dark backdrop. With bright blue eyes, the demigod stared at the sky absolutely silent, barely even breathing because he was afraid that if he did, his breath, however small and slight, would blow all of the stars away from him, granting him eternal blackness. Stars were the love of Cas’ life, he couldn’t imagine a night without them. As a kid when the beatings were particularly bad, Casimir would shine his own personal galaxy from the palm of his hands up to the cracked ceiling, and it calmed him down, allowing the demigod to cry himself to sleep at night because no one cared. That was one thing about Ezra Cas didn’t like. Sure, he defended his twin, but Ez never thought to comfort Cas afterwards. Which was fine, after all, who would want to comfort a depressed ten year old? Only Sophia could do that, and she was gone, leaving him alone in the world. Sometimes he imagined that one of the stars in the sky would twinkle brighter than the others, and Cas liked to think that star was his dead friend. 

He barely noticed the red star until it burst holographic stardust across his face. That startled Casimir, making him jump up and yell a little in fright. He knew that Ezra had done that to get his attention, but it still made him a little jumpy. “Ezra!” Cas chided his twin, not bothering to wipe the dirt from his pants or brush the twigs from his hair. The boy closed his blue eyes to the sky momentarily, focusing on his breathing and bringing his heart rate down. It wasn’t good to be scared and depressed all the time, but Cas couldn’t help it. That was the kind of person he was. Ezra, on the other hand, could make friends extremely easily. Cas liked that about his brother, although he didn’t want that personality aspect himself. “Nothing. Nothing is going on.” The boy snapped, much too quickly, focusing on a boulder a few feet in front of him and started to project a miniature night sky on it, hoping to drain his powers enough to just sleep and forget for a moment everything that happened. 
- - - - - - cue the solar eclipse
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) Gi6eLqkzT

Ezra sighed and tilted his head at the sky, wondering why his brother acted so much like he hated him. "Seriously... What in the gods is wrong? Three years and I think that's the longest sentence you've ever said" He pestered him. It was true, they would watch stars, go places, and repeat, yet Cas never really had a conversation with Ez. This was something that always bothered Ez, and he was planning on making his brother crack and actually open up, one way or another. "Do you not like when I do... this" He said coldly, popping a blue star this time in front of Casimir. Laughing all the while when he got up and playfully pushed Cas, "Come on shank" he lightly teased, not wanting to make him run away or hate him entirely.

This was something he had taken a habit to doing lately, irritating his brother to slowly pull him out of his shell, and it's been working... No matter how slow. After three years, you could only hope that your brother could say more than four words in a sentence, right? This was Ezra's goal, draw out Cas, and then finally show him your world. All Ez had seen lately was Cas' world, nothing close to the fighting, and more upbeat world of Ezra. "Have you been working on that energy burst thing that dad can do?" Ez threw out there, just bombarding Cas with different questions, all which would spark some sort of response worthy of entertaining. As of yet, Ezra had nothing to go off of, the only person to ever cheer up Casimir was Sophia... And well that didn't exactly go too smoothly, what with the monsters, and them being demigods, the amount of struggles exploded for Cas, and shrunk for Ezra the more he learned.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Focusing his powers on the boulder helped Cas to calm down. The more power he used to project the galaxy the more relaxed he felt. It wouldn’t be long now, just a couple more minutes of practicing and he’d be asleep. Using his powers was a way of escape for Casimir. Instead of running and facing his problems head on like his brother, he ran away from them, pretending like they didn’t matter. Usually it worked back at home, but as of late it was getting harder and harder to forget. Maybe it was because everyday was the same here at camp? Wake up, eat breakfast, go to some classes, lunch, more classes, break, dinner, bedtime. It was always the same for Cas, and it was extremely tedious. At least back in Denver Cas didn’t know what physical punishment Michael would have him endure. Sometimes, when his older brother was feeling particularly mean, he’d punch Casimir until the demigod was a bloody pulp and unconscious. Other times, it was just a football chucked at his head. Cas liked those nights where he only procured a bump or bruise instead of broken bones and concussions. He never understood why, or even cared in the least, Michael kicked and hurt him rather than his other siblings. Hael, Ezra, Tessa, and Zachariah could all take beatings better than Cas could. The demigod was always the one who got sick, always the one with fragile bones that everyone thought would break under the slightest touch. Of course, Casimir knew that was precisely the reason why Michael did what he did to Cas; it was because he could get away with it. Their mother didn’t care about Casimir in the slightest, and everyone in the family knew it. 

Playing with the miniature galaxy and trying to drain his powers enough to knock himself out, Cas sighed, annoyed with his brother. Didn’t he, of all people, understand that Casimir needed to be alone? If he was alone he didn’t get hurt and no one else did either. Ezra didn’t need to try and pry into his brothers life, that wasn’t his job. Ezra’s job was to go live a life of happiness and warmth and comfort and sunshine that Cas could never have. Cas knew he was doomed to walk this earth with death, destruction, sadness, depression, and darkness as his only companions. His name literally meant ‘Destroyer of Peace’ and up until he was ten Casimir didn’t understand why everyone was named after angels except for him. But now he understood. Cas was the demon in his family of godly angels. “Nothing’s wrong.” Cas assured his brother through gritted teeth. The anger and annoyance inside him only fuelled the brightness of the stars. His hand was hot and sweaty and almost shaking. He’d used up almost all of his energy in under five minutes. That was a new record. Another star blew up in his face, curtsey of his brother, and this time it was blue as Cas’ eyes. He was expecting it this time, and so the sudden burst of light didn’t phase the other brother. He glared at his brother through the darkness of night. “I hate sudden movements.” Was all he said, hoping that Ez would get the message. 

Cas was a man of few words, relying more on his face and body language to get him through life. This was because as a child, he was always ignored by everyone. No one asked him for his opinion on dinner, no one called on him when he had his hand raised, no one even thought to ask the lonely child to play with them. Over the years he’d grown immune to it and now was almost as silent as a bat. Even Ezra, whom he trusted more than anybody, could barely get him to talk. Casimir was stubborn that way. When Ezra playfully pushed him, Cas fell to the forest floor, mostly because he was both physically and emotionally drained. The projection on the rock flickered for a moment, like a faulty computer screen, and then went out entirely. Shakily, the boy sat up again and sat against the tree, knowing full well that sleep was coming soon enough. “No… Why?” Cas breathed, bright blue eyes fluttering shut. 
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 am

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) Gi6eLqkzT

Ezra cracked a smile when Cas said nothing was wrong, "Whoa whoa whoa, don't get angry with me Casimir Young" He teased, throwing in a wink for good measures. He began to circle his brother when he fell to the floor, knowing he didn't do anything wrong, it was just Cas trying to sleep, yet again. "Well guess what we're going to do then, oh twin of mine" A maniacal grin slid onto, and off of his face as he shook his head, the grin seemed to creep onto his face, this wasn't the Ezra that Cas had ever seen. As he circled Casimir, Ezra began to create and blow up stars around his twin, "Show me what you have so far!" He chided him, a laugh escaping his throat while the stars created multicolored firework shows, each one however drained his energy slowly.

Eventually, though, Ez stood, hands on hips, panting lightly as Cas didn't seem to acknowledge, or rather seemed to be containing anger. "Just use your titanic Dad-Thing on me! I won't get hurt or anything! Promise!" His voice rose, and as it did he cringed, stopping all movement and flopping onto the ground, "I'm sorry Cas, I just want you do be stronger... It's hard when I have to do things by myself.. You know? Even though I know you've been through a lot" The words just exploded out of his mouth, it was true, Ez had been doing a lot behind the scenes to try to get Cas more friends, but none of them saw the boy as someone they could befriend. "I'm just trying to help you Cas, sorry.. Again" He laughed bit at the end, not at Casimir, but at the pure randomness of what he was actually saying. What he said however, went against everything he'd ever done, he thought one of his sole purposes was to protect Cas, make sure nobody harmed him after the incident, but it turned out he wasn't really helping at all. "So what's it going to be? Huh Cas?" He said as he laid back on the grass and admired the night sky for once.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:39 am

The demigod was tired, oh so very tired. It wasn’t just because he and drained his batteries trying to avoid Ezra and needed to physically sleep, but it was also part mental that wasn’t to connected to sleeping at all. He was tired of being over-shadowed, of being ignored, of just being sad. But being sad was a part of who he was, and Casimir had long since stopped trying to change his melancholy ways. There had been a point in his younger years when Cas was happy like his brother, before the beatings and beratings started, before he was ignored and shoved into mindless oblivion where even if he screamed as loud as he could, making his voice hoarse with exhaustion and exertion, no one would would ever hear it amongst the darkness. But Cas had learned a long time ago there was no one to help you, no one to dry your tears or mend your broken bones when you fell. If you wanted comfort, you comforted yourself. He knew that Ezra had tried, and still was trying, to get Casimir to open up to him. That was why he lightly pushed him and chided him as if he was five years old. That was also the reason why Cas didn’t hurt his brother or hurt him to the point of him screaming, Cas wasn’t passive towards anybody but his brother, and even Ezra had limits. He lazily blinked his blue eyes, only trying to stay awake for Ez’s sake. “Sleep?” Cas suggested breathily, hardly being serious about the topic. Why couldn’t Ez leave him alone? Casimir shook his head, grinding more dirt and twigs into the side of his pale face, lit only by the stars his brother conjured. “I can’t.” Cas admitted as another star blew up in his face, illuminating his features a sickly green, making the bags under his eyes and dangerously sharp cheek bones even more prominent than before.

After a while he knew that Ezra had stopped using his powers and now was trying to get Casimir to use his own on his brothers. Even if the boy could, he wouldn’t want too. Ezra was the one person whom Cas could stand for more than thirty minutes, and despite the reassurance in his twins voice, he was still afraid that Ez would get hurt. Everyone around him did. Sophia was the figure who stuck out the most in his mind when Cas thought of happiness, and that had ended horribly. A brief flame amongst the pitiful, eternal darkness. “I can’t.” Cas repeated himself through gritted teeth. However, Ezra kept going and going, finally causing his brother to snap like frozen rubber bands that hadn’t had a chance to stretch. Casimir found the strength to sit up again, and he relied heavily on the pine tree to support him. He glared at his twin, feeling like fire was dancing inside him and it was all Ezra’s fault. “You don’t understand, Ezra, I can’t. I drained all my powers on that god damned galaxy. I can’t and even if I wanted to I couldn’t even blast a fly away because I freaking suck and everyone is always better than I am and I feel like shit because I am shit! I can’t. I can’t. I just… I just can’t.” Cas confessed, sleep wrecking his voice so it was slow and had an almost syrupy texture to it. He ran his shaking hands through his sweaty dark brown hair, dislodging some of the dirt and grime from it. 

“I don’t need help.” Cas said stubbornly. He didn’t want to push Ez away entirely, just make him realise he needed space. In someways, Casimir’s brother was almost as bad as Michael in the sense that they never left Cas alone. Ezra was annoying at times, never letting Casimir have five minutes to himself. Even now, his brother just did what he wanted to do. Cas knew that Ez never showed the slightest interested in stars or constellations before coming to camp. It was all just a ploy to watch him like a hawk even more now. Ezra had been right about one thing; Casimir had gone through so much hardship and trouble since the moment he was born. “Don’t be sorry.” He told his twin, trying desperately to keep his eyes open, and he focusing on the real stars above him. He almost wanted to cry. He felt like crying. Cas couldn’t cry, not now. If Ezra saw him crying it would be the death of him. Hot tears started to spring up from his eyes, and the boy wiped them away quickly, passing it off as rubbing his eyes to stay awake. “I need… I need, I mean, I want to go back home, Ez. I want to go back to Denver.” Casimir finally confessed, trying hard not to fall asleep now, not when Ezra wanted him to stay awake and talk to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)   Let's Try This Again... (Crowley) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Try This Again... (Crowley)
Page 1 of 1