Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] Empty
PostSubject: beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]   beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm

beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] 987fqw

Elijah Connery
Eli, for a rare moment, wasn't in the forges. He had decided to sleep in, and leave himself in the clutches of a potential nightmare, as every demigod did when they went to sleep. In his dream, nothing appeared to be happening. He was sitting in the forges, tightening a bolt that wouldn't budge. He tried again and again, but nothing happened. Eventually, dream Elijah threw a wrench at the ground, muttering a string of curses under his breath. That's when something came out of the shadows, a mechanical, greasy figure that dripped oil. It's voice was thick and deep as it creaked 'Elijah'. Nothing more than his name was said, but he still woke up in a cold sweat with his heart racing.

His eyes scanned the contents of his room, noticing his roommates still fast asleep, the clock reading two in the morning. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, as he noticed after a few minutes of observation. He tugged the string on his lamp, illuminating his corner of the room in pale light. A nut and bolt sat on the nightstand, the metal shining in the new found light. Sitting up in his bed, the teenager reached for a shirt, and then the nut and bolt. He sat, winding the nut up and down the bolt with ease. It was just a dream. Just a dream. Elijah exhaled, setting the objects down. His eyes were tempting him back to sleep, but the silky voice of his dream monster hadn't left his train of thought. Maybe sleep wasn't the best idea, what if it was still waiting for him?

He tossed of his sheets and blankets, letting his feet hit the cool cabin floor. Eli was still cold, the sweat on the back of his neck making hair stand up. He reached for the nut and bolt on his bed stand, running his index finger over it as he walked out. The demigod passed through the hallways, taking a random route to nowhere. His finger caught as the nut stopped spinning; it was stuck on the tread. Eli frowned, twisting with a new kind of force, only for it to stay put. He scowled, tossing the bolt, right into the center of a door, Samuel's door. Oops. He lightly treaded to retrieve his object, when he noticed the light was on. It would be rude to just barge into his half brother's room, but if he was awake and so was Sam, what harm did it cause? Besides, Eli wasn't going back to sleep with the machine demon's voice ringing in his ears. "Sam?" he asked, giving the door a light push. "You awake?" The demigod didn't open the door all the way, as he didn't want to wake up the cabin leader.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]   beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 am

Samuel Trenton Mercer
Samuel sits at his desk, an open notebook in front of him, and a pen in his hand. It's been like this for hours, yet he has yet to write anything. Sighing, Samuel picks up the notebook and throws it at the wall. "Stupid notebook. Stupid plans. Just stupid stupid stupid"he yells at the notebook. Luckily, his room is soundproof otherwise that would probably cause a few of his siblings to check in on him, which he doesn't want.

If he is going to be honest, Samuel is a mess. He hasn't slept in days, his hair is sticking up, his shirt is stained. Not to mention his room is covered in papers, half finished blue prints, finished blue prints, lists, and a lot of other stuff. It's a mess, and it's obvious that Samuel has been struggling to complete tasks. Sighing, he flops down on his bed and stares up at the ceiling.

What must be hours later, Samuel finds himself snapped out of it, but the sound of someone approaching his door. Turning his head, he glances at his alarm clock. 3:00. Why is anyone awake? Sighing, he sits up and runs a finger through his hair. Hearing his name he lets out a sigh, "Yeah, come in"he calls out. Samuel then looks around his room, and realizes he should clean up. Standing up, he begins to shove the papers into various drawers and boxes. He then glances over at the door and sees Elijah. "Hey Elijah, need something?"he asks the boy, as he forces himself to smile.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]   beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 am

beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] 987fqw

Elijah Connery
Eli could still hear the ring of the machine's voice whispering in his ear, the feeling all too real. He would've pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming, but the noise was distracting. He felt like he'd look around a corner and see it's face, slick with oil and dripping on the cement flooring. His eyes were trained on the door, hoping it would reveal an awake person that he could speak to. Then maybe, just maybe, he could get that damned voice out of his head.

Hearing Samuel's voice from the room, he took it as a sign to push the door open to reveal a mess of papers and unfinished projects. Elijah's room wasn't clean or tidy either, but it wasn't as chaotic as the cabin leader's. "Uh, no, not exactly," he muttered, sitting himself down on one of the vacant chairs. Running a hand through his hair, the teenager sighed, trying to find the right words. "I guess I couldn't sleep, and uh - it looks like you can't either," he responded, shrugging to himself. "Nightmares, for me at least," Eli admitted, looking up from the floor to Sam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]   beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beneath my soul, i feel an engine --- [ml]
Page 1 of 1