Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] Empty
PostSubject: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 pm

tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] Etxjwk

Spencer Young
Spencer's legs felt like he had walked up, down, and around a mountain within a time frame that wasn't humanly possible. He didn't really know where he was going, but he had memorized the name of the location. Camp Half Blood. Hopefully it didn't mean that the people would take half of his blood or something creepy like that. Honestly, he wasn't sure of anything. He knew the basics of his life, like his name, age, and favorite soda, but other than that, everything was fuzzy. Occasionally he would get blurs of images, like a face or a mumbled sentence. However, it wasn't ever enough to form memories.

He exhaled as he entered a dip in the landscape, more mud caking his once red sneakers. From the knee down, his jeans were sprinkled and slashed with red, brown and black colors, the source unknown by Spencer. Something in the back of his mind told him the red wasn't strawberry jam. The demigod had also noticed tally marks on the left hand pocket of his jeans, scribbled in some kind of black pen. He didn't know what it meant, but twelve marks on his jeans had to lead to something. Maybe the half bloods would know. Looking up, the teenager spotted an archway, with 'Camp Half Blood' carved across the top in big letters. He stopped to ponder the writing for a moment before surging forward once more.

Spencer messed with the sleeve of his ripped sweatshirt, noting how the zipper was broken and the whole thing was nearly in shreds. Had he gone through a tree shredder? He wished he knew. As he passed through the arch, he stopped, resting against the large marble pillars. Teenagers always wanted sleep, but right now, he'd give just about anything for a warm bed. Lazily flicking his gaze upwards, he noticed the shadow of another person. Smiling, he straightened up and walked forwards. "Hey, I'm - uh - whoa," Spencer stuttered, planting himself face first in the grassy mud. "Ouch. Help me up?" he asked, tilting his head upwards and looking at the figure.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:00 pm

tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] Tumblr_m8iq4lkhl41rpzp1t
b r o o k l y nllllb r a v i s hllll
d a u g h t e rllllo fllllh e c a t ellll

It had just been one of those days that brook would simply walk. it wasn't anything special, it never was. It had been a full year since she first got to camp and she swore up and down that she knew every inch of this camp. There wasn't much to do or to think about when your past is a fuzzy unfamiliar mess and it was basically forbidden to leave the camp's grounds--not that anyone followed that particular rule, but still, it was frustrating. The same old things every single day, for someone who doesn't understand much of their situation, training can get pretty old.

To imagine her surprise when she witnessed the boy stumbling into camp that day, well, you had to be there to really understand it. Her walks never had anything exciting happen. sometimes, but only sometimes, she'd get a few acorns pecked at her by the wood nymphs or a random monster would attack in the woods. It was never a big deal. But this was the first time she witnessed a kid quite literally face plant straight into the grounds, through the arch and past the tree.

"That must not feel nice," she mumbled to herself as she moved closer to the boy. Watching him fall almost made her giggle, but seeing the state he was in, come to think of it, the state most campers are likely in when they arrive, well, she wasn't going to make an enemy with him. It was his first few seconds, might as well make them welcoming. "Hey, uh- you alright?" Brook offered her hand to the kid, crouching slightly to his level in order to reach and help at a decent angle. Her was covered in mud and other sorts of grime, nothing seemingly pleasant. She offered up a light smile to him, waiting for him to take her offer of help.

ooc: 4444 POSTS!!! WEEEE~
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Spencer Young
Spencer didn't remember if he had been in bad situations before, but he figured that he had at least once. Face planting into a camp qualified as something bad for him, as he felt dirt cake on his cheeks. Personally, he didn't like the taste of dirt in his mouth. Looking up at the figure, he recognized it as a girl. Oh no. Feeling a nervous laugh coming on, the demigod shook his head. Man, did his head hurt. It was like  someone took a sledge hammer and continued to drive it against his skull rhythmically, making sure he remembered the pain. When the girl came closer, Spencer noticed that she didn't look like a crazy ax murderer or someone who sacrificed thin, confused boys to appease 'Gods'. That was a good sign, right?

Leaning his face upwards, he saw the girl's hand and took it, standing himself up. Spencer then quickly removed the contact, because girls were unpredictable and quite frankly, he didn't want to make her mad. "I think I've been better," the teenager replied, smiling to himself despite the deep ache in his muscles. He wiped off loose soil on his tattered sweatshirt, the scratches in the fabric making it of little use. "This is Camp Half Blood, right?" he asked, looking past the girl, at the buildings in the distance.  

He slid his hands into his pockets, which had been marked up with tallies that meant nothing to him, and sighed. "I really hope you guys have good food here, because I'm starving," Spencer added, nodding to himself. His empty stomach seemed to agree as it growled loudly. Standing hurt, but not nearly as much as moving around had. The boy hoped to soon find somewhere to crash for the night, after eating the content of this camp's kitchen. "I'm Spencer," he burst crisply, nodding to himself again, as if he just remembered that fact. It frustrated him that he didn't know more about himself; a name and age didn't really get you far.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 pm

The boy seemed to have a decent clue of where he was. obviously he was a demigod, or he would have only seen a strawberry field, but still she wondered if he read the sign, or if he was simply making sure. When he was to his feet and brook gained a better look at him, she realized his condition was worse than she initially thought. his clothes were ripped to shreds and the way he let go of her hand so quickly made her think he was quite shaken up. "This definitely is Camp Half Blood, alright! Home to the various demigods, satyrs, wood nymphs and the occasional god if you can catch him on a good day! You seem to me that you might know more than other newbies, though."

She didn't regret what she said, but she wondered if it were going to affect his judgement on the place. he might not have known much on his own and her throwing names out there off her tongue wasn't just nothing. Still, she smiled, welcoming him, trying to make sure he knew everything was going to be alright here, or as alright as it could get for the life of a demigod.

"I'm Brook," she told him softly, opposite of his outburst. she raised her eyebrows with a laugh at his comment on food. "The food here is amazing though, basically anything you could ask for. I never get tired of it anyway." she studied him still, wondering whose kid he could be, where he came from and what made him look the way he did upon entering camp. She thought of how she must've looked and realized it probably wasn't too much better than that. Brook couldn't get over how tense he was though, sore, no doubt.

It was good to meet him, she thought, he needed a guide of some sort to help him through his first couple days. looks to her like she was good for it.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Spencer Young
Spencer continued to observe the area behind the girl, noting a few herds of teenagers walking around, with gleaming spears and swords in their hands. Wait... weapons? Maybe he was wrong about his previous ideas. Of course, he trusted this place anyways, considering it was one of his only clear memories. Then again, calling the memory 'clear' wasn't one hundred percent true. The teenager could see himself sitting on matted grass, and a voice telling him 'Camp Half Blood, you'll be safe there'. The voice was distantly familiar, but he couldn't place a source on it.

Raising his eyebrows as the girl, Brook, spoke, his expression grew more confused. What was a satyr? A God? Wait, god... something about. "Like, uh, Hecate? Does she come?" he asked, eyes wide with hope. The boy didn't remember who the female was, only that Hecate was the name of his mother. Was she a God too? Was that even possible? "She's my mom," Spencer explained, drawing his hands out of his jean pockets. "At least, I'm pretty sure she is."

He exhaled, rubbing the back of his neck with one of his hands. Smiling as she made the comment about food, his mind traveled back to the last time he had eaten. He didn't remember. "Really? I could use some food," he said softly, casting his gaze down to his muddied sneakers. "And clothes, these ones got uh... I don't remember but they suck," the teenager said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:30 pm

"Mom?" brook let the word slip from her lips without much thought to it. she didn't enjoy thinking about her ever absent mother. it was confusing to her especially with her lack of any sorts of memories of other family in the past. the goddess never being around or subconsciously present bothered brook more than others, but she kept the thoughts to herself and shook way her shock. Already knowing who your godly parent was upon entering camp for the first time was rare, even she knew that. What kind of hell did he go through if he already knows this much? brook took a breath in, letting her smile fall back across her lips. "I mean, well, no, she's not around these parts. But if you're sure she's your mom, looks like you'll be calling me sis."

brook jabbed her thumb at herself before she realized what she was doing and quickly dropped her hand. So Spencer was her brother. That will bring some new flow to cabin fifteen. she cant imagine the last time she tried to get to know any of her siblings. most had been at camp much longer than her and were very welcoming, but none too understanding of what sort of position she was in. every time trying to look into her past...well it wasn't a pleasant bringing feeling to her head.

"Of course! Food is usually served at specific hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner but pretty sure the cooks can make an exception. The dining hall is right over there actually." Brook pointed down the hill to the roofless building with marble pillars and flooring. She knew there would be someway to get him something. Bringing him to Chiron and Mr. D was probably smart, but she really didn't care for their whole initiation talks, so why might anyone else, right? "And we could probably find you some clothes as well."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Spencer Young
Spencer listened to Brook speak about her father, or rather, lack of. He wondered what his father was like. Was he kind? Rude? Arrogant? These kinds of questions had plagued him for hours, but it was nice to know that he wasn't alone in his struggles. There were others just as confused about their past as him. "Oh, sorry," the teenager muttered sheepishly. Running a hand through his hair, the boy exhaled. "And I guess a half sister is better than nothing," he added with a small smile.

At the mention of food, his grin widened as she spoke. His stomach seemed to agree with his brain, he was hungry, and needed to eat something. If one looked closely at the teenager, they would notice that while he was still scrawny, he was thin. Any muscle that was on his frame was slim and scarce. It was obvious that Spencer hadn't been eating lately. "Great," he said, nodding as he followed her down the hill.

Moving reminded him just how sore he was, but the demigod continued on, looking at fresh faces as they traveled to the hall of food. Upon arriving, he scanned the tables and food, seeing girls cleaning and setting up silverware. "Who are they?" Spencer questioned, pointing to the girls with elvish faces.

Last edited by moon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:55 pm

"Looks like we're in the same boat there," brook stated with a shrug, "I don't even remember my own dad, I don't know yours. I'm sorry. Chances are they didn't even know each other, the gods are kinda like that." that was interesting though to her. he didn't remember anything, like her. she had wondered for a year where she had come from and now there was someone else. she knew what he was going through and she wish she could help him. "But we're half siblings at least."

She realized how eager he was to get to some food and brook knew that she should probably take him down to the Big House, but it was totally against whatever she would have wanted upon arrival, so why not avoid following the rules? food came before that and she didn't really care what would happen. nothing could get him in trouble and she would probably just end up doing dishes in the kitchen. No harm really.

"Yeah, let's go! I was looking for something to snack on anyway." There was bound to be something for them in there, there always was. Brook glanced over Spencer once more, wondering whether he would make it that far, but he seemed capable, so she began to lead the way down the hill and into the valley to the Mess Hall.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Spencer Young
Spencer listened to Brook speak about her father, or rather, lack of. He wondered what his father was like. Was he kind? Rude? Arrogant? These kinds of questions had plagued him for hours, but it was nice to know that he wasn't alone in his struggles. There were others just as confused about their past as him. "Oh, sorry," the teenager muttered sheepishly. Running a hand through his hair, the boy exhaled. "And I guess a half sister is better than nothing," he added with a small smile.

At the mention of food, his grin widened as she spoke. His stomach seemed to agree with his brain, he was hungry, and needed to eat something. If one looked closely at the teenager, they would notice that while he was still scrawny, he was thin. Any muscle that was on his frame was slim and scarce. It was obvious that Spencer hadn't been eating lately. "Great," he said, nodding as he followed her down the hill.

Moving reminded him just how sore he was, but the demigod continued on, looking at fresh faces as they traveled to the hall of food. Upon arriving, he scanned the tables and food, seeing girls cleaning and setting up silverware. "Who are they?" Spencer questioned, pointing to the girls with elvish faces.

sorry it took so long. also, i kind of edited over my other post...
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:09 pm

the children of hecate began their decent into the valley of camp. It was almost funny to brook but also expected that the first thing a new kid does is raid the mess hall's food, but she was so understanding that she wouldn't think twice about it. Who wants to sit through the initiation video when they could much rather snack on the yummy goodness that the nymphs make every day. Since lunch wasn't too long ago, there was still food out, but the woodnymphs were also cleaning up.

brook didn't think too much about them as the two demigods walked across the marble floors towards food. she had totally forgotten that Spencer was not aware of what everything was like here. brook then remembered the first time she saw a satyr and how much she had denied just what was right in front of her. Chiron had been an even bigger surprise to her. but she nodded and laughed lightly to herself as Spencer asked his question. "Those are the nymphs," she said so casually she wondered what his reaction would be before she continued. "Most of them reside in the woods, but others work and help out around camp like the rest of us. Many of them work here with the food, serving, cleaning and the rest of the sort."

the nymphs barely acknowledged the two of them, but some did take longer glances at Spencer and then went on to whisper something to another. "They also like to gossip." whatever they said, brook knew wouldn't get too far. it may make it back to the Aphrodite cabin, sometimes to Chiron, but he'll probably know about Spencer himself before that happens, if that was even who they were talking about.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Spencer Young
Spencer was beginning to warm up to the idea of spending the rest of his life here. The grass was green, the cabins stood tall and beautiful (despite one with barbed wire on the roof - that wasn't Hecate's - right?), and the campers seemed relatively friendly. Although, he might just stick with Brook for today, and save friendships until tomorrow. Everything about this place just seemed homey and welcoming, even though he caught a few confused glances from other teenagers that they passed on the way to the Mess Hall.

Upon entering the airy dining space, Spencer decided that if there wasn't room where Hecate's children slept, he would live here, right next to the food. The whole building smelled of cookies and sweets - just the things he had been craving as he had been struggling to find this haven. He was a little confused by the greenish - skinned girls with pointed ears and light giggles, but nodded at his half sister's reply. "Oh, nymphs, obviously," the teenager remarked, raising an eyebrow at them. "Does that mean, they were like ... trees or something?" Spencer asked, motioning towards the females once more. His face turned scarlet at the mention of gossip as he watched them whisper to each other, giggling naively.

Turning his attention away from the nymphs, he looked at the buffet style serving area, sandwiches and chips stacked, despite the afternoon hour. His stomach rumbled, reminding him to eat. "Well - I'm just gonna, yeah be right back," Spencer muttered, hastily jogging over to the line and grabbing a plate. He grabbed three ham and cheese sandwiches, a handful of potato chips, two slices of watermelon, and then an empty golden goblet. Maybe they had a soda machine somewhere? He didn't see it, but was too busy to care as he rushed back over to Brook, seating himself down in a table near her. Taking a bite of his sandwich (which ended up being a good half of it), he turned to her, asking, "So, is there like - a drink fountain somewhere... or?"  
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 pm

"something like that," brook said with a smile as her brother referred to the nymphs again. It was funny the way he responded to their actions. guess he'll have to learn sooner or later that mostly the kids learn to ignore most of the giggles. brook actually found them to have two extremes. Either they were insanely sweet and helpful or way too gossipy, giggly and annoying. they helped out and she was thankful for that at least, but certain ones she wished would keep to themselves.

Crossing her arms, she watched Spencer jog off to the buffet-like table with the food displayed on it. one of the nymphs sort of stopped by her and gave her an odd look, the flowers in her hair moving with her hair. Brook tried to give her a smile, but it must not have come out right because the nymph made an odd face and then continued away all as Spencer hurried back and sat down at the table nearest them.

Before sitting, brook made the quick decision to nonchalantly show off. with a flick of her hand an apple and two golden glasses flew through the air and towards them. she snatched the apple from the air and took a bite before she sat. then said, "They're enchanted, I guess you could say," she told the boy to answer his question, "Just tell the cup what you would like to drink, be specific and voila, you got a nice cold beverage. No alcohol though. watch." She settled in her seat and swallowed another bite of apple. "100% Apple Juice, please." And her glass filled itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]   tell the world i'm coming home --- [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tell the world i'm coming home --- [private]
Page 1 of 1