Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel Empty
PostSubject: And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel   And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes

Rachel woke up with a bird’s song in her head. A sweet, sincere call of a wood thrush, with sharp whistles and soft burbles. It repeated in her head as she woke up and got dressed, brushed her teeth and had breakfast. It painted her thoughts with spring colours and warm sun until she finally headed back to her room, set up an easel and canvas, and began painting. Her paint and marker stained boombox was on the ground next to her bed, indie music gently streaming out of it. Her curly brown hair was messily tucked into a bun with a paintbrush, and her loose blue crop top was rumpled and already smeared with paint. Her grey sweatpants fared no better. But the empty canvas was already a splash of green and yellow and orange, spring streaming from the paintbrush Rachel held. Trees and flowers and a warm blue sky sprung from negative space, and a warm brown marked the shape of a bird in flight. Her lips parted to sing along to the song, and she moved with the rhythm of the colours. No one could disturb her. Her usually open door was closed, a sign for her cabin mates to leave her be for the time being. Her thick framed round glasses were perched on her nose, indicating she was in a state of extreme concentration. Even so, she could find a spare bit of mind to muse about her surroundings. Her messy, unmade bed, the easels placed around the room, the drafting table covered with paper and colour and pencils. Rachel smiled and her voice raised as the chorus of the song swelled. Today was going to be a good day.
EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
OOC: HOVER
Here we go
Design and Code by Summer Only for Blythe | Strictly No Sticky Paws!

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel   And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel Giphy
W I N T E R   Q U A Y
The 24th of February was special to Winter Quay. Why? Because it was the day that she turned yet another year older. Although, some people wouldn't like getting older, because of newer, harder responsibilities that they thought they wouldn't excel at, Winter liked her birthday because of that reason. She wanted to show her friends and her family that she wasn't the fragile china doll that everyone made her out to be. She wanted to show the world, both demigod and mortal alike, that Winter Quay was not a force to be reckoned with. So Winter practically skipped along the path to the Hermes cabin, her mint green dress bouncing up and down with her form. She had made sure that nothing would go wrong today, everything had to be perfect, because this was her first birthday here at camp, and almost everything else in her life was shit.

Winter thought that, at least, until she had met Rachel. They were best friends, inseparable, and it had come to the point where Winter had voted Rachel for cabin leader. Needless to say her friend won it, and now Rach had her own room, which Winter was perfectly ecstatic about. But what she wasn't happy about, however, was the fact that Rachel hadn't come and picked Winter up at the Hera cabin like she was supposed to. They had been given permission to go to the city and just have fun, doing whatever they pleased and buying whatever their heart desired. Winter, of course, only desired Rachel's company for a good time, but she wasn't opposed to buying a book or nice pleated dress here and there. 

She had finally reached the window of Rachel's room, and Winter popped her small head into the open frame. "Hello, Rachel!" She said happily, leaning her arms on the windowsill and smiling. "You forgot to pick me up, but that's okay, I came to you. What's that you're painting, Rach?" Winter asked, tilting her head to get a better view of her friend's painting. Curiosity, it seemed, got the better of her. It always did.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel   And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes

There’s a state of mind some artists and writers go into while they’re working. It’s a twilight haze between focus and loss of reality, where nothing else exists except for their work, and the occasional filtered stream of music. But the small “Hello,” coming from the window immediately worked its way through Rachel’s consciousness, though her reaction was a bit late. She started, her paintbrush tumbling from her hand in an almost comical manner, landing on the floor. She hurried over to Winter, holding her arms to her chest. “Oh gods Millie, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I woke up with this idea for a painting and I had to get it down and you know how I am with my paintings- I forget everything and gods I just…” she trailed off, a chagrined expression on her face as she looked at Winter. “I’ll be ready in fifteen minutes, I just need to shower and dress,” she continued. She paused for a moment, then remembered. “Let me just help you in here, you can just wait on the bed or play around with my stuff.” With a quick movement and a bit of strain, she pulled Winter inside by the waist. “Fifteen minutes.”
She quickly gathered clothes and other assorted items and hurried into the bathroom, casting papers and sketches about haphazardly. Her current sketchbook, number ninety-three, was thrown carelessly onto the bed, pages fluttering open. A few more apologies and shamefaced smiles, and she slipped into her private bathroom, easing the door shut behind her. Her heart was hammering and her cheeks were so red, the freckles on her face almost disappeared. Gods I messed up, why didn’t I remember, it’s her birthday and I forgot to pick her up, crap crap crap, she thought frantically, as she got into the shower.Fifteen minutes, shower, dress, blow dry hair, grab present, grab money, she planned. She backtracked. Grab present. Where’s the present? She panicked, mentally going through the room in her mind. Rifling through her bedsheets, opening drawers, going through the art massacre that was her desk. She smacked her forehead. It was still on the easel, unwrapped, but covered with a colour-splattered tarp. I’ll just have to show her now, before we leave. Quickly, she stepped out of the shower, got dressed, dried her hair, and looked in the mirror. The face in the reflection was creased with worry. She relaxed. You’ll do fine, it’s just the two of you, going out into the city. Things can’t go that badly.
She stepped back into her room, checking the clock. She’d taken fifteen minutes exactly, and with a smile she grabbed her Frida Kahlo shoulder bag and started placing things into it.
“I’ve got so many things I want to do with you today, but I wasn’t sure if I should’ve planned, just in case you wanted to just walk around, so I just have a list in hand. I’ve got a lot of money, too, from my jobs last year, so you’re not paying anything today. Oh, and before we go, d’you want me to show you your present?"

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
OOC: HOVER
Sorry
Design and Code by Summer Only for Blythe | Strictly No Sticky Paws!
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel   And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 2:49 pm

And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel Giphy
W I N T E R   Q U A Y
Winter came from a moderately rich family. She hadn't grown up to be a snobby popular, however, her parents had long ago decided against their daughter being that. Millie was a quiet, shy girl, known for her awkward glances and having her nose constantly buried in a book of some sci-fi stature. Rarely at home did she ever speak out, and even if she did, she doubted anyone would hear her. Her brothers and parents were loud, wild, and unruly. Of course, the young girl was the same way if you got to know her. That was how she acted around Rachel, like a normal Quay, because she was comfortable around her best friend. And so she didn't mind when Rach pulled her in through the window, even though she was perfectly capable of doing so herself. Once inside, Winter smiled as Rachel got all flustered about forgetting her birthday and not being ready. "Oh my gods, Rach," Millie said, sitting down on the bed. She didn't need to ask permission, as she practically lived here, which was why she chose to go through the window rather than be a normal girl and go through the door. "I really don't care, it's totally fine, just take your time." She really didn't. People made mistakes all the time, even Winter, and she was a forgiving type of person, even though she was just a tad disappointed that her best friend forgot about her. It was making her feel like she was back home, where even though she was loved and spoiled, everyone just treated her like a ghost.  As Rachel went to get ready, Winter sat on the bed, idly flipping through her sketch books. All the drawings were pretty and marvelous, and Millie wished she had just one scrap of the talent that Rachel possessed. Winter wasn't a talented human being, and her demigod attributes weren't that great either. Sure, she had ice powers, but that wasn't uncommon. Now, if she could cast lightning like a Zeus child or raise the dead like a Hades kid, then Winter would be happy with what she was born with. There were many pictures in the book that Millie loved, and now she was near the end of the book when she saw a portrait of herself. It was almost in perfect detail, and Winter knew that Rachel had drawn it, for the lines of the pencil were so unmistakeable as her own. "Oh…" Winter whispered as she leaned closer to the picture, looking at all the grey and black lines that made the person on the paper almost like the real one. At that moment, Rachel walked into the room, and Millie became flustered as she shut the cover of the sketch book quickly.  "Just spending the day with you is good enough, though if we could maybe possibly buy a dress or a book…" Winter said, somewhat thinking aloud. "OH, oh! And one of those picture booths! Rachel, that'd be so cool! And I'm not gonna argue about paying for anything, I'm poor anyways. Besides, I've no pockets to hold money." She grinned again for what seemed like the thousandth time this morning. But soon the grin disappeared and was replaced for a look of confusion. "Present?" Really? Rachel had gotten her a present? Millie had done nothing to deserve it. "Y-You got me a present? Yeah, I'd love to see it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel   And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Promise Not, to Promise Anymore ~||~ Winchel
Page 1 of 1