Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sculpting -open-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:20 am

The door opens. A fourteen-year-old brunette enters with her head down. She ignores the curious glances and pulls-- the cooler drags behind her, catching slightly on the wooden floor, but with a huff she trudges towards the nearest empty station and sets it on the chair. She feels eyes on her back and she gulps. Why are they staring, haven't they seen a cooler before? With quivering lips Snow sinks down the next chair. She hasn't expected funny looks, doesn't realize how strange it is to bring a cooler in an arts and crafts shack. Why would it be odd, anyway, she ponders? Art comes in different mediums. Others use paint, like that kid over there coloring a sunset scene. Some settle with crayons and colorful beads. Snow, on the other hand, prefers ice.

She carefully opens the cooler. The ice inside is cut in jagged pieces, coming in different sizes. Beautiful, shiny, gleaming ice. She scoops up a handful, placing it on the table just as someone on the other station snorts derisively. The sound makes her sink a little lower, but she reminds herself of her purpose, tells herself that all her efforts of dragging the cooler would be in vain if she doesn't use it. And the thought makes her sit a little straighter-- well, not that straight, but still.

With a flick of her wrist, the ice on the table starts to dance. Glimmering dust and ice molding itself into a smooth mound, and Snow's lips tremble at the effort of keeping them under control. Slowly, the sounds of mocking laughter from the other table die out. She directs the ice like a puppeteer would his puppet, molds it like a sculptor without touching his masterpiece. And before long, a shiny five-inch model of a grazing unicorn stands before her, its body made of pure ice. But the effort tires her out, if only slightly, and she leans back on her seat and wipes her forehead with the back of her hand. She smiles, sighs, and says to no one in particular, "Ice is amazing, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Lucia Rossi, a young, unclaimed demigod of Nemisis, was one of the people staring oddly at Snow. She's making some origami swans of different colors, sizes and quality. Some are bent, while others are perfect on every angle. Some are boringly one color, yet some other little swans have crazy patterns. Lucia is no daughter of Apollo, but origami is a favorite pastime of hers. When Snow came in with a cooler, Lucia had quickly thought,What the heck is a cooler used for here?!. But now, she's staring at a little masterpiece; a petite unicorn grazing. Lucia grins and replies to Snow's question, "Well, I guess so! Have you done this before?"

Her step-brother, Rave, a son of Apollo, has done masterpieces before, but this is completely new to her. Ice sculptures? Lucia has heard and seen pictures of them before, but seeing it in real life from a daughter of Khione? This is incredible to the honey-brown eyes of Lucia. Little details, simple details, this all amazes her. This is a real work of art.
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 am

Snow jumps, knocking the unicorn over. Thankfully it doesn't break. It slides a little across the surface, lying on its side, but its creator has already cast her eyes somewhere else-- someone else, to be exact. A young girl, a three years younger give or take, her honey-brown eyes fixed on her sculpture. Snow's eyes are wide and her lips quiver like a leaf in a storm. She hasn't expected someone to actually answer her. Which is a stupid thought, she realizes, because of course she isn't alone in the shack and really, what else does she expect people to do when she asks a question--

Her thoughts cut there as she gives an almost imperceptible shake of the head, looking back at the fallen unicorn. She isn't very social, not as outgoing as most, and she isn't quite used to talking to strangers despite the fact that she spent her last two years here. It shows in the slight tremble in her hand as she picks the sculpture up. "Y-Yes," she says softly.

It took a fair amount of guts just to get the word out, and Snow mentally berates herself. Now I'm just being stupid. Come on, just talk. Talking won't kill you. She manages a small smile, shyness pulling on the corners of her lips, and she sneaks another glance at the younger demigod. She swallows thickly. "You... you like it?"
Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:54 am

Lucia squeeks when the ice sculpture is accidentally knocked over. "Oh my gods!" she gasps. "I'm so sorry I scared you!" Lucia is the opposite of the older demigod, social and very outgoing. She didn't expect that Snow is pretty much the reverse Lucia, shy and somewhat keeps to herself.

As Snow picks the sculpture up, Lucia notices the slight tremble in the other's hand."I'm very, very sorry I scared you," she apologizes again. Lucia then stares in awe at the sculpture, repeating the same look of wonder she had a bit earlier. "That's so cool! It's so detailed and very pretty!" she praises, "I've seen pictures of ice sculptures but seeing one in reality? It's even better!"

Lucia also notices that is seems that it took a little bit of courage for the daughter of Khione to get the word, "yes", out. Well, Lucia is now determined to be her friend! No turning back now! "Of course I like it, silly!" she giggles. "Who wouldn't?"
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am

"You didn't scare me," Snow says, trying to correct her. She isn't scared-- well she doesn't think it's fear, but then she gets a little unsure. She has always been so afraid...

Snow doesn't say any more, noticing the awed look on the stranger's face as she looks at the ice sculpture. She steps back and fidgets with her fingers. Waits. Then the other demigod's words fill Snow's heart with warmth-- it spreads across her body, pulls her lips into a wider smile, a little confidence seeping in. For someone to actually say that they liked her work, well, it is the best she could hope for. "Thank you." And her voice is a little louder. "I'm glad you like it."

She looks thoughtful for a moment, alternating glances between the girl and her unicorn, and with the smile still in place she comes to a conclusion. Snow gently takes the ice in her palm and offers it. "You can have it if you want," she says. She thinks back to her collection of sculptures sheltered safely in Cabin 16, lined neatly beside her bed, kept frozen by the consistent cool temperature... oh. Her smile falters, but only slightly. "It'll melt though, so you'll have to keep it someplace cold..."

Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Lucia is surprised that the other would let her keep the little unicorn. "Really?" she asks excited. "Thanks so much! I could ask one of the Hecate kids to make it everlasting, maybe." The younger demigod looks into the stranger's eyes. She sees confidence in them, and also happiness. She doesn't get any compliments for these? Lucia thinks, disbelieving the fact that Snow doesn't get any praise for the little ice masterpieces as she gently takes the unicorn in her small hands.

"Oh wait! We didn't catch each other's names!" Lucia says out loud, remembering. "I'm Lucia, and I've only been here for about a year. And you are...?" Lucia smoothes the oversized Camp Half-Blood T-shirt that reaches to her mid-thigh, covering her jean shorts, as she waits for the daughter of Khione's answer. "Hopefully, the others in the Hermes Cabin won't break this..." she mutters to herself, as she plays with the statue.
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 am

Lucia's enthusiasm is quite contagious, Snow thinks. Her smile has yet to wear off. She nods, twirling a few strands of her brown hair around her finger-- a nervous habit. "I'm Snow, daughter of Khione. My mom makes this possible." She flicks her wrist and with a barely audible grunt, wills the unicorn to stand on its hind legs and rear, freezing it then and there. She has always been proud of her heritage, of who her mother is. It doesn't matter if Khione never took the time to see her. Snow doesn't hold grudges, and the fact that her mother permits her to control her domain, if only slightly, already means a lot.

She thinks of the Hermes cabin. She didn't enjoy her short time there, everything just seemed to go missing. "Be careful. I lost things in the Hermes cabin," Snow says cautiously. Who knows where her favorite shoes are? It doesn't matter now, though. She never holds grudges. Idly, she wonders if Lucia is a daughter of Hermes, or if she is unclaimed. She's too shy to ask, she doesn't want to offend... Snow blinks and puts it in the back of her mind, instead letting another question leave her lips. "How old are you?"
Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 am

"You're the daughter of Khione? Well, that makes sense," Lucia laughs. When Snow flicks her wrist, Lucia sees the unicorn stand on its hind legs, rearing and Snow then freezes it there. Her eyes widen as her smile grows even more. "Wow," she says simply. Yes, she was sure these were masterpieces. "I bet some of the Apollo kids could be jealous," Lucia grins.

"Thanks for telling me. I have yet to lose anything, but I find weird stuff around the cabin when I clean," she says cocking her head to the side. "Once, I found a pair of shoes somewhere in a corner of the cabin." Lucia thinks of those shoes. They were a nice pair, but she doesn't steal, unlike the Hermes kids. If she was a child of Hermes, Lucia would probably be horrible at pick-pocketing. She spaces out a little, until she hears Snow's question. "Wait, what," she says quickly, but then laughs at herself. "Sorry, I spaced out a bit. I'm 11, but for some reason, a lot of people think I'm eight..." It was true, because of her round face, big eyes and button nose, along with her petite-ness, many treated her like a little girl.
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 am

Snow smiles, flattered but still finding it in herself to be modest. "They don't have to be jealous. They can work their magic with paintbrush and archery and basketball-- it's their own thing. We all have our own things." She looks around the arts and crafts shack. Campers are busy with their own masterpieces-- paints, clay, crayons, even macaroni necklaces. Snow couldn't build things with popsicle sticks or fill a canvas with meaning. Even so, it doesn't make her jealous. Instead, her eyes fill with wonder and appreciation. She gestures back at the unicorn, this time making no effort to move it. "For me, it's this."

She perks up a little at the mention of shoes. "I lost a pair once," she says, vaguely. "Two years ago, when I first came. I stayed in Cabin 11 for a month, I think? Then Mom claimed me and I've been in 16 ever since." She looks thoughtful for a moment. Two years? Has it been that long already?

She shrugs it off and turns back to Lucia. With her small build and face, it frightens Snow that children as young as her are taught the ways of the Greek-- the ways to fight, not with toys but with real weapons. Not that she herself has learned. "I thought you were a bit younger than that too," she confesses, still smiling. "You're really cute."
Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Lucia smiles, saying,"You're so modest, Snow! Usually, I crave for compliments." She patted Snow's head giggling. The demigod then puts down her new statue and runs back to the table where she was making origami swans. She grabs the one she calls "the most perfect", the one with delicate snowflakes, and Lucia hands it to Snow, grinning. "Here, in return for the unicorn. This one's my favorite!"she says, putting the swan in Snow's hand.

The auburn-haired girl then laughs lightly at Snow's face when she sees her face lit up a bit at the mention of shoes. "Really?" she asks giggling. "They might be yours, I'm not sure. What do they look like?" Lucia hears when Snow says she's been claimed in less then a month. Heck, she's been here a year and they still can't figure out her mom! Must be a minor god is what they say. "You're lucky!" she pouts as she drawls on at "lucky". "I've been here a whole year, and mom hasn't claimed me yet!"

Lucia plays with the unicorn again, smiling to herself. "It's funny how demigods way younger than I still have to train," she says sadly, looking into Snow's eyes. "Not really fair that we can't exactly have an average life." Lucia thinks of her step-mother and father, thinking of what danger she could put them in. She hears Snow admit how young she looks. Lucia puts the unicorn down and pouts."Aw, you're just like the rest!" she exclaims childishly while hugging the daughter of Khione's neck. "I know I'm cute and all, but hearing it everyday in my mortal life is tiring."
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 am

Snow's eyes grow big as the origami swan lays there in her hands. "Oh, this is so beautiful," she whispers. She lifts it higher, to eye-level. Amazing what one can do with just folding paper. She doesn't have that sort of talent-- the only time she ever folds paper is for crumpling it when she finds trash back in the Khione cabin. She nudges the little thing's wings, a soft 'wow' on her lips, and feels even gladder when she sees the snowflake patterns printed on the paper. "I love it!" she exclaims. She puts it down with utmost care, setting it on top of the cooler. She can already imagine its place in her bunk, surrounded by an icy landscape and miniature ice cygnets.

"They're completely white, with light blue snowflakes all around. A gift from my dad," she says, absently, her eyes still on the swan. "It's okay if you can't find them. Someone else probably needs them more than I do." Then she smiles at Lucia, raising her hand but withdrawing it just as quickly, reluctant. "I'm sure she'll claim you soon," she tells her, trying to sound reassuring.

She thinks of all the unclaimed faces in the Hermes cabin, full of resentment. Some are optimistic but the others-- Snow feels bad for them. But the gods must have a reason for delaying their claiming. Everything happens for a reason. "Our lives can be exciting, at least," Snow says, not altogether convinced but thinking it's the best thing to say. Then she freezes, shocked, not used to a pair of arms hugging her neck. She eases her breathing and awkwardly pats the younger girl's back. "Well you are. Can't stop people from telling the truth."
Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Lucia laughs, the sounds of joy like bells. "I'm very glad you like it!" she smiles happily. "If you put two swans together, their beaks touching, there will be a space in the middle and it looks like a heart!" She demonstrates by grabbing a red swan and a plain, white one and putting them together on the table. Yes, Lucia was right. In the empty space, there's a heart. "That's why I really like making these ones specifically."

She listens to the descriptions if the shoes. She nods uncertainly, saying, "I think those were the ones I found?" It sounded a lot more like a question. "It's been a year since I found them. I think I still have them... I'll check next time." Lucia heard the encouraging words Snow tries to give her. "I hope so," she giggles,"Or I'll be the foster daughter of Hermes forever. She's probably really busy. They're gods, after all."

"Eh, that's true," the younger demigod says with a shrug. "Though, in our eyes, exciting is killing monsters and gods being angry at us. Sounds fun to me!" Lucia feels Snow stiffen at the hug. "Hey, you've never had a hug before?" she asks teasingly. "At least I can use this so called cuteness in my defense. If a bully steals my lunch money, I just be like, 'Teacher, Teacher! Richard's harassing me!' and be all cool and stuff, right?"
Back to top Go down
Zion

Zion

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 am

Snow looks at the heart-shaped space between the two swans, another soft 'wow' leaving her lips. She is so easily impressed, easily pleased, that some would attribute them to childishness and naivety. In her eyes, even the simplest things have beauty in them, and she is the first to spot it. "I never noticed that before," she says, truthfully, having next-to-no experience with origami. Such a simple yet cool piece of art. Lucia is lucky to have a talent with it. "Don't worry about the shoes, Lucia. Like I said, it's completely okay."

Snow nods. "I guess so." But then she winces at the mention of killing-- such an awful word, even if it is used against monsters-- and she laughs it off uneasily. "N-No, it's not that. I'm just not really used to it, when it's not with my siblings..." she says, her voice becoming softer with each word, and the comment about stolen lunch money sparks something up in her brain-- which should be quite significant, considering her amnesiac state. Sadly enough, it remains just that-- a spark. Like the faintest sense of deja vu which she couldn't make sense of. Snow shrugs it off and her face brightens. "Of course! Everyone has a hard time resisting cuteness, after all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sculpting -open- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting -open-   Sculpting -open- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sculpting -open-
Page 1 of 1