Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This is Our Song || The start of Winchel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  Empty
PostSubject: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 pm

WinterQuay
 Winter Amelia Quay was crazy. Well, crazy in the sense that in the middle of winter, she was on the lake with her sleeves rolled up, tanning in the grey and bleak sky that held no sunlight. Quite the contrary, it was lightly snowing, getting caught in Winter's dark brown hair. She didn't mind it, as she couldn't really feel the chilling bite of the frozen water crystals settling onto her very pale skin. Her mother used to call her a snowflake, but Winter didn't think she was that unique. Her entire family had brown hair and brown eyes, there wasn't anything special about her. She'd brought books with her to the lake, and they were stacked carelessly on the rocky shores. 

They were all kinds of books, Winter just loved to read in general. She liked to read mostly about princes in shining armor that would come and sweep her off her feet. She believed that if she waited long enough, that would happen. Ever since she was a little girl, Winter had always dreamed of her wedding day. What would be served, what her dress would look like and the color scheme. There was always a very handsome guy there too, waiting at the alter for her, but his face changed with every infatuation she had. In middle school, it was this ginger guy who hadn't quite hit puberty. In freshman year, it was a tall dark mysterious boy whom Winter sort of followed home everyday. She couldn't get him to date her, and she moped about it for a few weeks before moving on to this poor blonde kid. After all, she always got what she wanted, and right now Winter wanted a relationship. But not just any. True love. That's what she wanted.

Winter looked beyond the lake, seeing how the snowflakes curled on the wind and settled on the frozen water. It was so calm, so peaceful. So non-warlike. She was so caught up in her daydreaming that she barely noticed another figure moving toward her.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
She set off at a brisk pace, her red Toms sinking into the sand and leaving angry footprints behind her. How could she have been so stupid? After her dip in the lake yesterday, she had nearly frozen, and in her haste, she left her cat behind. Her cat. Amira would kill her. The little tabby wasn’t afraid of much, but being left alone in the cold would’ve taken a toll on the feline. “Amira? Amira!” she called, the sound losing itself in the light snow. She pulled her scarf up to cover her nose and mouth, and tugged her red hat down to cover her ears. She squinted, trying to see through the light flurry. Maybe she shouldn’t have forgotten her contacts. Snapping her collar up against the wind, she began to jog closer to the shore, still calling for her tabby. As she got closer, a figure became clearer. Rachel waved to them. “Hey! Sorry to bother you, but have you seen a cat around here?”
EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
Design and Code by Summer Only for Blythe | Strictly No Sticky Paws!
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 am

WinterQuay
 The person who had walked up to Winter turned out to be a girl. She had been calling for her cat, which is something Winter never had. Her parents believed she was fragile, adn could break any second because of the dangers that plagued this world. So having a pet was out of the question whenever she had brought it up. They didn't even have fish, which was sad because all of Winter's friends teased her for not having a pet in the house. So Winter did feel a flash of envy for the girl, though it quickly went away. "No, sorry, I haven't seen your cat." That was true. Winter Quay had not seen hide or tail of any sort of animals lately. They were probably hibernating or hiding from the demigods.

She started to submerge herself in a book, but unlike all the other times in the library and mess hall, Winter couldn't melt into the pages of the book and become the main character, fighting dragons and rescuing damsels in distress and overthrowing corrupt government. She felt somewhat bad that the girl had lost her cat, even though she never knew what losing a pet felt like. Winter imagined it would feel pretty suckish. She'd lost books and clothing and homework before, and she hated that feeling. "Do you want me to help you look for it? Winter asked, not being gender specific. She set down her book before looking at the girl, a smile printed on her face. 
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
Rachel felt a wave of gratitude flow through her. “Oh would you? I’d be so grateful if you did. Amira’s basically my best friend, and she can’t survive in the cold for very long.” She gave a quick smile and was about to head off before she added, “By the way, I’m Rachel. Daughter of Hermes.”
She had lost Amira many times before. When she was fourteen, she had just received Amira as a birthday present, and the feisty little tabby loved her immediately. But she hissed and swatted at everyone else, making her go on frequent trips outside. On the long trips back to the apartment with Amira in her arms, Rachel bonded with her, talking to the feline like she was her only friend. And at that point in her life, she was. Rachel talked to Amira about everything- school, books, and most embarrassingly, boys. Rachel was far too secluded to try to talk to anyone, so she admired them from a distance. Amira didn’t respond, other than rubbing herself against Rachel or purring.
Rachel smiled faintly at the memories, and picked up her pace, trying to remember the last place she had seen her cat. Gods, where did she wander off to now?
“Amira!”

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 6:48 pm

WinterQuay
 Winter understood what it was like to have no friends. She was popular enough back home, but all of her relationships were fake. She wasn't mean to them, but Winter always felt like the third wheel in her group, and had turned to books to be consoled. Their words hid deep meanings for her and they helped her through the ignorance of friends. Winter hadn't gone to her family about this issue, they'd be worried sick about her day and night (not that they weren't already) and would overprotect her even more than she already was. Coming to camp meant having to forge new friendships, something Winter hadn't been very good at in the first place. She was in high school, she was much to lazy to be making friends. Besides, everyone thought she was a freak, even by demigod standards. Books were Winter's friends, and if that made her nerdy and dorky, well she was proud to say she was both.

Rachel was a Hermes kid, Winter found out, and she smiled. She didn't hold any judgement against people depending on who their parent was. Not all Athena kids were super brainy, and not all Apollo kids were great healers. So maybe Rachel wasn't a trickster like all of her other half-siblings. Winter hoped she wasn't, as Hermes kids tended to pickpocket her on a daily basis in the mess hall.  "I'm Winter," She said, wincing at her name. She always hated it.  "but you can call me Amelia or Quay if you like. I'm the daughter of Boreas." Winter's voice was very quiet, but out in the cold where not even crickets chirped, you could hear her as clear as day. She also had turned away from Rachel, moving down to pick up her stack of books and hug them to her chest. 

Winter followed Rachel, always behind her and not saying anything. She picked a poor outfit today; everything was black and white. Her dress and her tights and her shoes. She didn't feel like doing anything extravagant today. She was even devoid of makeup. Winter didn't feel much of the coldness, but that could be because of her father who was the god of North Wind. Rachel called out for Amira again, and Winter could hear faint mewling somewhere in the East.  "Hey, I hear something." Winter said, a little bit louder than before. She started to quicken her pace, slowly getting in front of Rachel.  
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:29 am

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
Rachel’s face split into a grin and she followed quickly behind Winter. “Amira! It’s Rachie, come on out sweetie!” Relief relaxed her shoulders as a little head popped out from behind a sand dune, followed by the rest of Amira. Rachel bent down and opened her arms. “Come here, you little rascal.” Amira ran towards her, then surprisingly, past her, to rub up against Winter. A small frown made a quick appearance on her lips, but it melted as she got up and brushed herself off. This was new. Amira never avoided her, never darted past her like that. They were thick as thieves, and Amira never warmed up against any stranger. She gave a rueful smile to Winter. “Thank you. I was so worried that she might’ve gotten hurt…” Rachel made no move towards Amira, but just kept staring at Winter. She wondered why she hadn’t seen her during her three years of camp; a daughter of Boreas would bunk in the Hera cabin, and Rachel was a frequent visitor. And this girl’s face was not one to forget. She had large eyes and dark brown hair that immediately marked her as cute. “I’ve never seen you around camp before. How long have you been here?”

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
OOC: HOVER
I guess this was kind of pointless but idk

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is Our Song || The start of Winchel    This is Our Song || The start of Winchel  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is Our Song || The start of Winchel
Page 1 of 1