Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

and the blood run stale --- [libby]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

and the blood run stale --- [libby] Empty
PostSubject: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:56 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia felt the slow pain spreading throughout her limbs as the poison continued invading her bloodstream. Even blinking seemed like an unnecessary chore, that demanded all of her energy. She saw a blurry outline of what she assumed was Christopher yelling something, before the world faded into the realm of unconsciousness.

Hours passed like seconds, with medics cleaning her wound out, trying to get the poison out of her body. The demigod laid unmoving in a kind of sleep, her skin like porcelain. Her cheeks were a strange pink, like it had been painted on her. Occasionally, Georgia would twitch or groan in pain, but was otherwise silent. Her appearance would remind most of a doll, with her still limbs, slow breathing, and soft face.

The medics didn't expect her to wake until her fever went down, which was expected to be a few more hours. However, she would blink from time to time, her jade eyes and constricted facial expression making her look lost and confused. It would be longer before she would truly wake.

Around ten thirty, about nine hours after the attack, the demigod's eyes snapped open, inhaling frantically. She searched around the ceiling for any sign of where she was. The girl stayed silent, her wound and bandages constricting most of her movement. Her brow was still sweaty, chest heaving unrealistically with each breath.

Looking to one side, she saw Christopher, softly smiling. "Hey," Georgia muttered, her voice weak and strained.
outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:07 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris busted through the door to the safe house with he heel of his boot.  He was covered in a combination of his blood from the manticore spikes, monster dust, Georgia's blood (now dried), and Jesse's blood. The demititan had a bit of a dazed look on his face. Chris had spent most of his energy trying to field medic the son of Demeter.  
FLASHBACK
Seeing how the poor boy was pinned to a tree, Chris had to remove the spike first. He tried to remove the spike as quickly as possible, but it wasn't fast enough to stop the pain. The kid let out a scream of pain that might have been heard at the cabin. Quickly he apologized for everything that was bout to happen.

Chris apologized one last time as he pulled an arrow out of the Demeter kid's quiver, and focused on the metal tip. All metal had to be put in a fire at one point or another. That was the plan anyways. Chris tried to rewind time on the arrow, farther and farther back. Thankfully the arrow was made within the year, otherwise things could've ended much worse. The arrow head heated until it was glowing even more than before. He could only assume that it was hot. To keep him from squirming, Chris placed a hand on the kid's shoulder, before placing the molten arrow through the manticore wound. Another scream of pain erupted through the forest.

The wound was effectively cauterized. However the poison was already in his blood stream, and there wasn't a chance that he would make it to the cabin. He took the sword that had killed so many monsters that day and wiped it against his jeans.
"Focus on me OK? This is gonna hurt and I'm sorry. It's the only way I can keep you alive." Chris then dragged the sword over the kid's left wrist. Quickly there was blood covering both of them. Then Chris tried to focus on Jesse's heart. He sped it up as fast as he could to try to get the poison out of his system. The blood went from a bright red to a musky black color. When it finally returned to it's normal color, Chris placed the still burning hot arrow to the demigod's gushing wrist. He had lost a lot of blood and wasn't going to last for too long.  

"Alright. Now I'm gonna try and pick you up OK?" Chris placed his arm under Jesse's armpit, and the other under his knees and stood up. Jesse was small enough the Chris could carry him just like he could carry Georgia. The demititan wasted no time. It was the second fastest the son of Chronos had ever run. The first being back to camp.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

Chris stood by ideally as the medics directed him away from yet another wounded comrade. One of the medics who was trying to stay out of the way while the rest of them furiously worked to keep Jesse breathing approached me and used a small pump to removed the poison from his arm.  Even after he was done with the pump Chris's veins still appeared black on his skin. Not like he cared. Right now he was focusing on everything going on around him. There was so much action and noise. It was like he was shell shocked. Slowly the medics backed away from Jesse. They unplugged the IV and blood transfusion from his arm. Then they placed a white sheet over his body. Jesse was dead. And it was his fault.

One of the medics direccted him towards the table where Gee lied. She was on his mind but Jesse was dead because of Chris going hunting for revenge. His field medic skills probably didn't work as well as what they would've if he was actually trained. He tried rationing that the kid would've died if he didn't help, but he couldn't shake the thought that it was his fault. The demititan sat on a chair by Gee with his arms crossed, all his weight resting on his knees.

Chris had lost all track of time waiting for Gee to wake up. If she had stayed there for a month in a coma, Chris would've as well. He wasn't going to speak until she did. He only slightly jumped at the sound of another human voice. The cabin had divided into two parts, those injured and those who weren't and the noise from both sides failed to carry over to the other. Chris looked up at Gee with his sunken in, blood shot eyes, which spoke of nothing but pure misery. Without smiling, or showing the slightest hint of emotion Chris responded. He was always to the point, and today didn't stop that.
"Jesse's dead" he said voice firm an unwavering. No emotion he repeated to himself mentally. No emotion, no weakness. You can't show weakness. But honestly, Chris was so past going that he couldn't even fully listen to the voice in his head. Let alone anything anyone else had to say. Slowly the voice in his switched from advice to condemnation. It's your fault she's here, it's your fault Jesse died. Nothing stuff he hadn't told himself before, and nothing that wouldn't be told to him later. The voice in his head was a honest one. No one could ever say otherwise.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE THANKS SAPPHIRE I LUVS YOU
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:49 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia sensed something wasn't right the second she opened her eyes. The once peaceful cabin had a loud him to it, and even with her limited view, she could hear the shuffling of feet. People were moving all to fast for what was supposed to be a safe haven. Her jade eyes flicked around, seeing several cots with white sheets over them. People had died.

She turned her attention to Christopher, who also seemed quieter and more serious than ever. His words hit her like a brick wall, and sent her gripping the sheets until her knuckles turned white. "W-what?" she sputtered, eyes searching for whichever bed was his. Georgia noticed the blood on the future in front of her first. It had dried, but still made her slightly faint. He had been there.

The remorse was written on his face clearer than words, which only made the situation worse. She could tell he was blaming himself. Yet, if Gee knew Jesse, he would've ran into a flaming building for anyone. "It's not your fault," she whispered softly, tears forming in her eyes.

Her pale hand went to reach for his, but even the slightest movement was difficult, and she only move enough for her hands to dangle over the side of her cot. "He's in Elysium now, I'm sure," she added, tears streaming down her face in slow rivers. The demigod might've not known him long, but it was still a friendship she wouldn't soon forget.

She couldn't manage to look at Christopher, so instead she kept her eyes on the blood on his clothing. Some of it was her's. She shoudlve been the one dead, as the girl who failed to save her parents. Not Jesse, who was young and innocent.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:25 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Her response broke his heart. More so than it should've. Chris told her her friend had died, and she instantly took him seriously. No one should have to live in that kind of world. Her reaction should've been total shock and disbelief. Not to look for his body. Then she made things worse by reassuring him that it wasn't his fault. Chris barely knew the dude, Georgia was friends with him, and she was comforting him? The worse part was, she was OK with it. She wasn't made at him, she was yelling or screaming or crying. In a way Chris was hoping she'd be mad at him. At least some kind of punishment for what he did. But instead she insisted it wasn't his fault. Why couldn't she just be mad?

Chris was unable to look her in the green eyes, so instead he watched the edge of the table/bed/cot. Her hand extended out, clearly meaning to grasp his, but she didn't make it that far. Her hand hung idle at her side, almost begging for someone to grasp it. Instead of reaching for it like he would've done just 10 hours ago, he turned his chair and faced a different direction, moving farther away in the process.

She said something about Elysium, and Chris was basically gone. He didn't want to hear about how great of a place hell was going to be for him. He was dead. The demititan grasped the arm of the wooden chair, tightening his grip constantly. The wood cracked and creaked under the pressure but it didn't snap. The bandages began to unwrap from his left arm because of the flexed muscles underneath.
"He died in my arms..." Chris said. He wasn't sure why his tongue felt the need to say those words, but they wouldn't stay in his mouth. "The manticore killed him. Because I decided to frickin hunt it down after it hurt you." The words left his mouth, more angry than sorrowful. The arm of the chair let out another crack and the clean bandages became stained with the blood from reopened wounds. It wasn't like Chris hadn't killed anyone before. He had ended the life of several half bloods, but none of them died in his arms, and no one died because they followed him. Jesse was a new experience. He died because of a decision Chris made. Jesse wasn't an opponent but a friend, and Chris had never killed a friend.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

georgia anne wingston

Georgia let her hand lie there, just letting it dangle. She tried to ignore the pain in her stomach, it feeling like another spike was being stabbed unto her side with every flinch. Tightening her facial muscles, she gripped the sheets again, biting her cheek to avoid screaming in pain. While she hated feeling helpless like this, like the world was supposed owe her something. She wished that the world wasn't giving her such pain, but she didn't want to show it.

She glanced over at Christopher as he scooted farther away from her. The tears on her face were drying, and left a sticky kind of residue on her face that only made her want to cry more. Georgia slid her hand back on her bed, and looked over at the white sheets once more. Jesse was gone.

That simple thought errupted another wave of tears from her green eyes. The liquid fogged her vision, but it wasn't like anyone wanted to talk to her anyways. The only person she had left to talk to was facing the opposite direction. The demigod sniffled, wiping her face off with a flick of her finger.

Hearing more about how Jesse died wants exactly what she wanted to hear as she went to sleep. At all, actually. "I -I..." Georgia couldn't get words out of her mouth. Her thoughts weren't processing correctly.

She wanted desperately to reach out to him, and be there, but she was stuck. "You should sleep," Gee muttered softly. "Or stay here... either," she added even softer.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:27 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris continued staring at the floor. He knew Gee needed him now more than ever, but he needed to just work it out with himself. Everyone needed to grieve. He hoped Gee would understand that. What Chris really wanted to do was go out and kill something. Normally he'd be ticked about someone saying something, or beating him at something, and he'd just go monster hunting. There was nothing he hated more right now than monsters. But he couldn't risk it. He'd get out there, lose himself, and then just willing take a sword to the throat. With all the fighting, and battles going on, picking a fight with another camper wouldn't work. He glanced at the cot where the two slept the night before. His drawstring bag still sat there unpacked. Maybe it was best if he left. Barely twelve hours after he showed up people he cared about were getting hurt.

Maybe that was the best bet. To leave and never come back. The camp would be a better place without him. It'd be easy. He'd just grab his bag and walk off campus. The only person who'd notice was Gee and it'd be over a week before she could get out of bed. Maybe he'd go to Canada. Snowmobiling and stuff up there. In memory of what Jesse gave for him. That was the thing about Chris. He didn't want to forget. He wanted to remember everything that everyone ever did. Jesse died, and Chris wanted to make sure everyone who mattered knew. He wanted to build sky scrapers and monuments in the name of those dead.

"I need some fresh air." Chris  said standing from his chair.  He walked around the foot of Georgia's cot and began walking towards the door. He stopped beside his cot. His bag was within reach. It'd be far to easy to leave.  Just be gone in a split second. Grab the bag and run for it. Then he remembered about last night, and Gee lying beside him. And he realized he couldn't leave. As much as it hurt this was the only place he had. It was the only place he loved. He walked on beside his cot without even touching it. The iron door glided open on it's hinges, and Chris stepped out into the near frozen air.

He could at least help with guard duty. He wasn't going to sleep tonight, or maybe ever again. He knew Jesse would haunt his dreams, and thoughts of what could've happened to Gee, things that might happen to her. No. He wasn't sleeping at any point soon. He recognized one of the guards as a Thantos kid. The other was a daughter of Hermes. "I don't understand why you want these." The Hermes child said pulling out several packets of cigarettes. The son of Thatos's response would stick with Chris for the rest of his life. "I already have one foot in my grave. What's the point of good health if I'm going to be dead by thirty?" He pulled out a lighter, and lit the cigarette before placing it to his lips.

"You want one?" He offered Chris between sealed lips.  The demititan stared at the package for a few seconds. He was a legal age to buy them for himself. And the son of Thantos had good logic. If anyone had a foot in their grave it was Chris. There was nothing illegal about it, even by half blood standards but that didn't mean he wouldn't get an earful if he was caught with one. With slight hesitation, Chris accepted the gift. He needed all the escape he could get.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia  watched the back of Christopher, like maybe something would be written in the leather that clothed his back. Like maybe he would say something. Anything. The demigod was convinced the worst thing in the world was feeling alone, and right now she needed to have someone. Her newest and kindest friend was dead, and no one cared. Maybe he did, but he wasn't showing it.

Was that how the world was supposed to work? With people faking smilies and emotions until there wasn't anything left to feel. If that was how the world functioned, maybe it would be easier dead. No one really needed to worry about her anymore. Christopher had the world to explore, and he seemed to be doing a fine job of taking care of himself. She knew no one needed her anymore. It was time to face the facts.

Glancing as he got up from his seat, the girl exhaled. He would leave soon. She didn't need to ask questions about something as simple as that. Whenever things got tougher he always left. Maybe it was for the guilt, or to just get a new atmosphere, but whatever the reason, he would be gone by morning. This she knew for sure.

Georgia felt tears forming in her eyes again, swelling up and threatening to make them stream down her fave once more. But they didn't. Apparently her body was sick of crying too. Sick of being pushed over by the relationships she thought she had, knowing that in the end no one would be there for her. Not even Christopher.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:23 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris entered the cabin, smelling rather heavily of smoke. It was probably totally sunk in his leather jacket, but that didn't matter. It'd be shrunken by morning. Leather did not like water, or blood. He looked over at where Georgia lied, and debated going back over there. He was in a much better mood, despite how short of breath, and how badly his lungs burned. He wasn't as angry with everything now. Still he didn't go over towards her. He felt like it was only a matter of time before she came to her senses and realized he was the cause of everything. And the farther away he was from her, the longer it'd take for her to blame him.

He went over to his cot, and picked up his bag. He looked around for somewhere to put it. He could put it under his cot, but he thought that'd be to tempting. He needed to put it somewhere that he'd have to really think about it before he left. He needed to keep the last thing he had by the last thing he truly had. He grabbed the draw string bag and walked over to where Gee was all but strapped to the bed. He Chris placed the small bag of clothes, water bottles, and a few dozen drachamas under her bed. When he stood back up he made the mistake of looking down. Really what he saw wasn't the girl he loved, but the shell of her. There was no smile, no happiness. Just pain.

The demititan leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. His original intent was to kiss her on the mouth but before his lips made contact he remembered the time he spent outside. She probably wouldn't enjoy the taste of his breath right now. He then stroked her hair for a few seconds before moving a strand out of her face. He kissed her on the forehead again and bent down on his knees and placed his lips almost on her ear. Softly he whispered in her ear.
"Goodnight my love."

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia heard the smack of the iron door against the lock, sealing then people inside for the night. She guessed it to be close to eleven, if not later. Rest was something sick people needed, and no matter how much she hated the thought of it, her limbs agreed with sleep. It would be quicker than she realized if she kept her eyes closed.

Yet, she couldn't dare open her eyes, she didn't want yo see people, anyone. Georgia exhaled, trying to keep her breathing steady as she attempted to drift off into sleep. A thick smell of cigarette smoke woke her from her attempt, but didn't open her eyes. She could take a guess at who it was.

The ruffle under her bed almost dared her to flinch, but she was too drained to be startled. Georgia felt like the world had put her through enough already, it'd be almost too easy to just... drift off permanently. Enabling, the scent of smoke filled her lungs, making her gasp for more breath as she felt rough lips on her forehead. So she was right. It was him.

Christopher's words sent a shover down her spine, tempting her to open her eyes and respond, but she couldn't. Nothing would make her move, or feel. Not tonight at least.

Lowering her arm, she felt the drawstring bag under her cot. He was leaving soon. Georgia was tempted to grab it and just throw it at him, but even that was too much. She didn't want to solidify what he was already thinking, so instead Georgia just pulled her hand back and attempted sleep once more./div>
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:41 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris stayed knelled by her bedside for a moment almost wishing she would say something. Anything. But there was nothing. He let out a sigh, releasing the smell of cigarette smoke again. He stood up and walked over to his cot. Like the night before he tied up his jacket and used it as a pillow. He didn't care about the blood that was drying against it. Or his bloodstained jeans. He lied his head down and slept.

There was a noise that roused him from his sleep. Quickly he was on his feet with a sword in his hands. It took a few seconds to realize the sound. It was screams of pain. He ran over to the source. It was were Jesse's dead body was. The blood was coming from his wrists again. Chris pulled the sheet off from over his face. And instantly his bleeding wrist grasped Chris's "This is your fault!" He screamed between agonizing shouts. "YOU DID THIS" his eyes still glazed over and white. In shock and fear Chris stumbled backwards into the chair beside Gee's bed. She was sitting up now. And she was crying. "Why do you like to hurt me Christopher?" She asked. Jesse was still screaming, but he was slowly getting up. Chris struggled to find the words to respond with, but his voice failed him. "Why do you want to see me cry?" For a dead person Jesse moved really quickly. He was already standing infront of Chris, pinning the demititan's injured arm against the chair arm. "You will pay for your crimes!" Jesse shouted. "Kill him the way he killed you" Georgia said, her voice switching from sadness to a malevolent evil. "He deserves a slow death." And Jesse dragged the blade across Chris's wrist.

Chris shot up from his cot in a cold sweat. Instantly he looked at his wrist. Nothing. There was no new cuts, just those from the manticore. It was easily three or four. No intelligent soul would be awake at this point. It was just a nightmare. It felt so real though. Chris looked over where Gee was lying down. She looked peaceful. Not happy, but peaceful. Chris tried standing up, but his shaking legs collapsed and he landed on the cot again. Everything about him was trembling. He needed to get out. Chris wouldn't have guess that he'd need another smoke so quickly but this day hadn't been easy on him. He needed some way to calm down. He tried again to stand up, and this time used the cots lining the wall, and then the wall itself for support. He reached a pile of supplies and picked out a jacket from it. He was headed outside again.

When he exited he made sure to slowly close the door to avoid waking the cabin. Outside the son of Thantos stood infront of a small fire, likely started to keep warm. It was hidden from the forest by thick dirt walls stacked up against the edges of it, which also served to focus the heat. "You look like you've seen a ghost." The son of Thantos said. Chris scanned for a brief second looking for the daughter of Hermes. She was passed out in a chair placed there for the night shift.
"Might as well have. Mind if I join you?" Chris responded. "Sure. You want another smoke while you're out here? It sure does keep you awake." "Do you mind?"

Chris hadn't realized how long he had been out there until the sun started to rise. He practically took half of the graveyard shift. The Thantos kid stood up and stretched. "Well it's bed time. Finish off the pack for me." He said tossing the remnants of the paper package. Then Chris was alone. He stared at the fire, with a few cigarettes in a package sitting in his lap. He had only had three, and that was about all that was left. Enough for today. Chris placed the few in his right coat pocket and listened to the sound of silence. It was atleast as quite as it could get. Every now and then you'd hear a hell hound in the distance, or a pack of wolves who were looking for an easy kill. The noise he heard most often was the daughter of Hermes snoring. The new shift of guards came out and took their places at the door and on chairs. Careful not to wake the Hermes girl. And before Chris realized he was tired he was bobbing off to sleep.

He must've only slept for about two hours because when he woke it was only about nine. His muscles still ached from the cold, and he felt as if he needed to thaw his legs before they'd work. The fire had really helped keep Chris warm through the night, around the chairs was probably as warm as the cabin would've been. The demititan stood up and stretched in the same way the Thantos kid did and then he walked inside. Slowly he closed the iron door, careful not to wake anyone, especially not the injured. He smelled only slightly of smoke. The hours of no smoke allowed the scent to dissipate somewhat. He walked over to where Gee sat and placed himself in the chair. He observed the arm from yesterday. It had his hand print almost ingraved in it.
"Morning Gee." He said, not even sure if she was awake, or if she heard.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:35 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia's sleep was easy enough to come by, but had a haunting tone to it. She knew that a simple skip of a breath would wake her, or the creak of the door. The demigod woke several times, all after a dream. The first was the mildest of the three, but all were equally painful, like her old woulds were being torn open again, and then rubbed with salt.

In the first dream, she was standing by guard duty, with Jesse. He seemed alive, but when he turned out of the sunlight, into the shadows, you could see the pale, blood-stained version of the boy. Whatever was left of him, that is. They were just talking, like normal, as if he hadn't ever died. Apparently the ghostly appearance of her friend wasn't bothering her in this state. Once the sun went down, the boy turned at Georgia, wielding a broken manticore spike, and stabbed her. Over and over until nothing was left, and she woke up breathing heavily.

The next was a familiar dream of her's; her first ever break up, with the person she loved the most. Only this time, it wasn't raining, or dark at all. The sun was a bright blue, with birds cheeping and flying around, while rabbits and squirrels danced around in the meadow grass. However, she looked the same as she had that day, lost, confused, broken. Christopher seemed fine as well, just like the landscape around them. After hearing the all too familiar dialogue between the two of them, he laughed. He smiled, waved goodbye, and left. Happily.  

Her last dream hurt the worst, bringing back the deepest of her regrets. She found herself sitting next to her mother and father's bed, as they perished due to scarlet fever. Their bodies were sweaty and pale, eyes hardly moving, and chest barely managing breaths. "Georgia," her mother breathed, running her hand along the demigod's tear-stained cheek slowly. "Promise me you'll find someone to protect you, and stay with you." Her mother (not her godly mother, but a kind of mother all the same) was fading, fast. "Promise us," her father corrected, reaching for her hand. "I promise."

The landscape shifted to the first time she met Christopher. The memory seemed to freeze, and her older half-brothers appeared. They seemed as youthful as the last time she saw them, almost a century ago. "Him?" one of them grunted, laughing. "He won't be there for you, Georgia." The twins advanced towards her, as if to embrace her in a hug. "He never really was, was he?" The scene then shifted to her own funeral, with a closed pale casket being the only thing she could see. No one else was there, just her dead body and the priest. "You're supposed to be dead, remember sister?"

She woke up to a familiar sound immediately after witnessing her 'funeral', green eyes scanning whomever was talking to her. Christopher. Georgia wanted to forgive him, but her current emotions made it difficult for her to forgive much of anyone. She was angry, which could be visible by the clenching of her jaw and fists. "Morning," she said softly, exhaling. "You can keep your bag," Gee muttered, glancing down at what was visible of the drawstrings. "I know you're leaving, so why haven't you left yet?" she asked, demanding more than wishing for a reply. "If it helps you forget this place, then you might as well forget me too, just forget all of it," she snapped, a firey look in her bright eyes.

"Forget me, it shouldn't be that hard for you, I mean, he was my friend, Christopher, I needed you," she felt hot tears welling up in her eyes. "And you left -" Georgia inhaled sharply. "To go increase your chance of dying, so have fun, out there, doing whatever it is you do. Go find whatever you're looking for, because it's obviously not here."
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:58 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Just forget her? Is that what she wanted? For him to just leave and forget everything and everyone here. If only she knew how much this place actually meant to him. This wasn't some place he visited. This was his home. And then she started talking about his smoking. He could've defended himself against that but there were better things to protect himself from. His hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, with quite a firm grasp. It may have been a defense mechanism to keep from getting hit in an argument, but regardless it felt like the right thing to do. "Don't you think if I was going to leave, I'd already be gone?" He said through clenched teeth. He was actually quite her she expected him to leave her again. after he said he wouldn't

Chris stood up his chair almost toppling over when he did so.
"Did you expect me to leave because things got tough? You were grieving and I get that, but I need my time and space to grieve. I wasn't even in camp for a full day, and I get you on your death bed, and I have Jesse die in my arms! Do you think his death didn't affect me in any aspect accept I think I caused it, which I did?" Chris's voice wasn't rising, but staying at a rather quite, monotone. His facial muscles did all the work of showing his anger.

He dropped down to his knees beside Gee's cot. He was right at head level with her.
"I said I was here to stay. And I meant it. If you want me gone, I'll leave because I want to make you happy. I'm a man of my word, and if I say I'm staying, I intend to stay."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:09 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia grimaced as he grabbed the wrist where her IV had been stuck. She was still weak, and her sudden outburst reminded her of that. She tried keeping the glare in her eyes as he started spitting out words, keeping his tone oddly calm. The girl didn't know if she liked that, heated arguments were better than those when there was only one person arguing.

Pulling her wrist back to herself, the girl scowled at what she was hearing as she rubbed her wrist, the bot where the needle had injected antibiotics into her skin still red. "I wouldn't know, you tend to leave whenever you want," she said softly. "And yes, yes I do, that's when you always left before." Georgia crossed her arms and stared at him, sure to make her point crystal clear. He always left at the worst times, and then came back at strange times.

"You're not a man," she chided with a soft laugh, her voice still pained and hollow. "You run, Christopher, that's all you ever do." The demigod reached her hand over the edge of the cot, grabbing the drawstring bag and tossing it at him. "Maybe next time you'll find what you're looking for."

"Don't think I don't know why you put that by me, I'm not stupid. You wanted to make sure that if you left, you wanted to leave. It seems like it, with your new hobbies, I mean, come on, we've got enough to die for, and you want to die for that?" she flicked her jaded gaze at him, hard and cold.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris easily caught the draw string bag, but quickly tossed it back at her. "You think I actually want the damn thing? And maybe I'm not a man because I run, but running is better than hurting people I care about." His voice actually started to increase in volume. It was no longer his frightening monotone he used whenever he got in a verbal fight, but instead it now held emotion, showing he was actually involved and he cared. Then she said she hoped he found what he was looking for. Why did she think he came back?

He stared back into her cold eyes.  He wasn't sure if she expected her demonic glances were supposed to scare him, make him feel guilty, or if it was just a way to show emotion. He wasn't even slightly intimidated. The demititan had stared down the most nightmarish creatures, a five foot few inches girl wasn't something that was frightening. However she was one of the more frightening things he could imagine being mad at him. She had obviously noticed the smoke. His new hobbies? There was no other way to take that statement.

"Gee, we're halfbloods" He said. It may not have been the smartest move, but he pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. "I will die by a sword or monster way before anything in this can hurt me." He said, still not incredibly loudly. He was always rather calm in conflict of any kind, but she was really testing him. He wanted so badly to respond with an outburst of anger. That worked with everything else. Just prove he was more dangerous. That wouldn't work here. "I have a foot in the grave already.  Lung cancer isn't a threat"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:50 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia felt each breath taking more effort than the last, and a woozy feeling filling her brain. Now was a really bad time to black out. She blinked more rapidly, or flicked her fingers, just to make sure her senses were still working. Unfortunately, her ability to hear was as functional as ever, and it was making her scowl. She let the bag fall back at her, landing in her lap before she slapped it aside.

"Not if running hurts the people you care about!" she countered, a dangerous glow in her eyes. Georgia couldn't keep her voice soft and calm, this wasn't a time for soft and calm. This was a time to let out all of her inner struggles and dump it on him, despite how he could feel about the situation. "And yes, it did." She inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm herself down. She didn't get into arguments, she didn't fight. The girl wasn't like this. "Do you know how often I wondered if you were even alive?"

She stared at the cigarette he had produced from his pocket, wishing her glare would make it vanish. With each rise and fall of her chest she felt herself closer and closer to the need for rest again. This could only last so long. "I guess it doesn't bother you," Gee said softly, her gaze falling onto her white sheets, that would've been pulled over her if she had died. "You know how often I thought you were dead?" she asked, tears welling up in her eyes. "To hear you put that little care in your life, it... it's sickening!" the girl sobbed. "I care about you, you jerk!" The tears were streaking down her face now, as she stared up at him. "And you just... leave?"
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:21 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Most of the people there knew that at one point Chris and Gee were a couple. They were a popular gossip topic. The moment he returned people would've just assumed they were a couple again. Naturally when people heard the fighting, they came to check it out. No one wanted to see this second hand. Groups of people were gathering around the windows and doors of the cabin and those inside congregated in groups to avoid looking suspicious. It was clear anyone who could was listening in. "But you're alive! Last I checked breathing was better than being dead. " He said his voice getting louder. If the argument lasted much longer it would become a total shouting match.

She obviously didn't share his logic. She considered it throwing his life away.
"Would you rather me take out my stress on monsters? How about other half bloods? What's to say I won't take it out on you?" He said. The more he thought about it the more steamed up about it he got. He glanced up from Gee for a split second. People weren't even trying to be discreet about it even more. It wouldn't be eavesdropping because they weren't being sneaky. They were just observing. When he looked back down he saw the tears streaming down her face. He wanted to respond with compassion, understanding, affection. But the middle of an argument wasn't the time to do it. Neither was in-front of everyone wanting a good old fashion gladiator fight. "What the Hades are you looking at?" Chris shouted at the on lookers. They almost instantly dispersed, some tripping over each-other trying to fit everyone out the door. If nothing else could be said, Chris had the respect of the people of this camp. It was mainly fear, but a respect none the less.

"I don't care what happens to me!" He responded with an almost shout. "I just care about you! If I cared about myself, why would I leave?" He said lowering his volume. He got back down to about eye level with Gee. What he said next was back to a quite talk. Barley more than a whisper. "I'm back in camp, and in under twenty four hours, you're hospitalized. You think that was a coincidence?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:41 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia reclined back in her cot, finding it difficult and painful to sit upright like she had been. That position put tension in her abdomen, which was still bleeding if she remembered right. Or maybe it had been stitched up, the demigod didn't honestly know what was under the bandages around her stomach. "Good, I thought you would've forgotten that," she remarked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Normally, a girl her size would've been terrified of someone like Christopher, but Gee wasn't. She knew that she was his weakness, and that he wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for her. Nothing either of them could say would end their feelings for each other, and that was something she was positive about. Her green eyes flicked towards the spectators that had gathered, and she felt herself wishing to sink back into her white sheets and sleep.

His words about hurting her, intentionally, did scare her. Eyes wide, she turned to him, and almost smirked. Almost. "You wouldn't dare," she whispered. "If there's anything about you I do know, it's you would never hurt me." Her tone scared even her, the confidence in her voice almost unrealistic for someone raised in a century where women didn't get a say in anything. "Ever," she added, just for good measure.

Cringing as he yelled to shoo away the crowds of people, she took the sound of shuffling feet as a sign that the people had left, for now. They would be back later, she was sure of it. "Yeah, it was," Georgia responded, looking him in the eyes. "We're in a war, these things happen," she explained, motioning to her abdomen. "I care about you," the demigod muttered, her voice almost silent.

Pulling her sheets over her shoulders, the girl turned her body so her back was facing him. The shift in position caused her to shriek in pain as she bit her lip. "I'm going to sleep now," she told him.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

He cringed at the thought that she knew him well enough to know he could never lay a finger on her. That was the best that any one person knew him. The fact that she knew that Chris would do anything for her scared him. She was a soft spot in his otherwise flawless armor. If she knew that who else could know? The information was apparently easy to come by. The little devil on Chris's shoulder had finally convinced him to grab her shirt collar just to make a point of him still being dominant. But when he tried to move his muscles they wouldn't budge. Maybe his subconscious mind knew better than he did.

"You're so clueless and naive!" He said at her comment on it being a coincidence. Anyone with one eye and half a lick of sense could tell that him being around made things more dangerous. No one he ever knew was safe around him. Wherever Chris went, trouble was sure to follow. It was just a part of who he was.

The demititan watched almost helplessly as she rolled over and avoided the end of the argument. The words 'We're finishing this now dammit' were basically out of his mouth until he heard her shriek of pain. He placed his hand on the side of her head, letting it pull strands of hair away from her head with a little static friction.
"This isn't over. He said with a slight smirk on his face. He headed for the door, and didn't care about how hard it closed.

The outside was still cold, but he felt like Gee needed her peace. There were a few guards outside, but everyone else suddenly felt the need to patrol. They gave him a few looks before one of them finally found the balls to talk to him. "Are you and Gee.. You know..."
"We're fine." He said ending it there. He felt his cigarettes in his pocket, and had half the mind to light one up. But right after a fight about them didn't seem like an appropriate time. Instead he left them in his pocket. He didn't really see himself stopping the habit at any time soon. Gee might have other plans, but it kept him relaxed, and it was an easy solution. Instead he leaned up against a door post making the other guards slightly uncomfortable. They feared him like most people. They didn't see him as threatening though. That was a plus.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:26 am

georgia anne wingston

Georgia almost cringed away from his touch as it brushed hair away from her head. She didn't want him touching her. Not now, anyways. Sleep was all she needed, and for the angry blush in her cheeks to subside. The door slammed, making her jump in her cot with a flick of her eyes. Christopher was out again.

The medics came by to check her bandaging, and to report that she was healing as best she could, but the pain would be obvious for another few days. All she could do was nod, feeling like her voice was used up in her previous argument. The demigod spent the rest of the daylight hours staring at the ceiling while medicine was being pumped through her veins, or sleeping. The sleep wasn't the same though, it contained no dreams, and barely managed to make her feel anymore alert.

That night she was left to her thoughts, the urge to sleep almost gone. It was like rest had lost all meaning, but was the only thing she could do. So, Georgia let her mind travel to what caused the argument. The bag. That damn bag, and the reason that she knew he put it there. The girl wasn't stupid, she knew that the only reason he came back was likely her being there, otherwise he'd still be who knows where USA. While she normally wouldn't mind admitting it, she was usually at her best when Christopher was around, and missed him when he wasn't by her side. However, his exiting for her 'safety' were bothering her. Didn't he know she could handle herself?

Then it was the smoking, and, stress reliever or not, the things bothered her. She learned about their death - causing powers, and how they were really terrible things. Georgia's family wouldn't have known better in their age, but it was obvious now how bad they were. The idea of him just letting his stress go by that made her sick. Maybe they were better off separated.

Separated.

Even the word sent shivers down her spine, and made her feel more alone than she already was. Georgia needed him, she knew that the second she saw him on the hill twenty four hours ago, and she knew that now. What had changed since then? People had died, and she had gotten hurt. While she knew she would miss Jesse, the girl had understood that. The demigod didn't understand what it had done to Christopher. He seemed like a different person, and not the kind of person she wanted to be around.

Had she changed? As she closed her eyes, she didn't have the attention span to think about it, leaving her thoughts to blur into sleep. Maybe it was better to just sleep away her problems, rather than face them. Maybe her dream brothers were right; she would be better off dead, like she was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:13 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris spent the rest of the day shift and the first part of the night shift standing guard. The patrolling appeared to have almost halted after Jesse died. Seeing how they didn't send out new patrols when the old ones returned. In the entire stretch of time Chris only smoked one of the cigarettes in his pocket. It was close to two in the morning before he finally entered the cabin again. He knew they would've pumped Gee so full of drugs that he would've had a better chance of getting a good argument out of a vegetable. So he didn't try.

He settled in for the night, looking over at where Gee was sleeping for a brief moment. Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep. He woke up to more screaming and instantly recognized it as a dream. Not just anyone dream though. It was the dream from last night and one of his biggest nightmares. He wanted a different outcome though, and knowing how things would go he had a better chance. Jesse's corpse started blaming Chris, and he just shoved the cot over on it's side. He went over to where Gee was crying. He reasoned with her for a few seconds before the cadaver grabbed Chris's shoulder. In one swift moment, he spun around and decapitated the once demigod. He turned to Gee who even in his dream, and her evil state looked shocked. Then she drew a knife on him. It was the knife he brought back for her. He made a cut across his chest leaving blood to pour down his abdomen. Even in his dreams he could raise his blade against her. The other wounded and dead began to rise and try to grab on to him, maybe just to make it easier for Gee. He had almost lost all sense of it being a dream. There was nothing familer about this one anymore. He tried the only thing he knew would work, which was fighting his way out. His sword cut easily through the already decaying flesh. He brought in another slice at the neck of one of the dead, but it didn't carry through. He looked up and saw his blade sunk into the side of Gee's collar bone. He gasped letting go of the blade. His hands flew up to his mouth covering the scream that so desperately wanted to come out. The zombies had stopped attacking him, and in fact they had just dissipated into the air. All he could focus on was the blood dripping off of his blade and onto Gee's front.

He shot up in his cot almost breaking it from the sudden movement. It was a dream he assured himself. He was back in the cabin, but something was off. He didn't occur to him what until he looked at the fireplace. It was lit, but not moving. Like it was frozen in place. It had happened. He had totally lost control of his power, and had stopped everything around him. He knew it would happen, but he didn't know when. And not so much of know as a paranoia. He looked out the window. The guards were stuck like mannequins. He tried and tried and tried to fix it, but it only left him drained. It was no use fighting it. Maybe it's still a dream he said trying desperately to wake up. But nothing was working. He even stepped into the flame, but he felt no heat. Everything was stuck, and even his sword couldn't slice his skin. There was only one other thing moving and it was Gee. He cowered away at first, but then remembering that her actions were just in his dream, he stood up straight. He placed a hand on her head and she smiled. Then the demititan asked how she was able to move. Her grin grew "I'm the only thing here aging. Makes sense seeing how this isn't my timeline anyways." Then weird things happened. She began to look older. Just around the eyes though. And then her curly blond hair started turning gray. Next her skin began to sag and wrinkle. Slowly it faded away until there was nothing left but the skeleton. Later that became dust. Chris stumbled back into his bed unable to believe what he was seeing. It didn't make sense. Then he blinked.

He woke up in the same position that he was in at the end of his dream. He saw Gee, still young and beautiful, roll over in her cot and stare at the ceiling.. He saw the flames moving, and heard the faint laughter of the night shift guards. His hands shook more than the night before, but at least his legs worked this time. He walked over to where the demigod lied. He hoped in the dim lighting she wouldn't notice his trembling body, or the beads of cold sweat dripping off his chin.
"You having troubles sleeping too?" He said. He couldn't get the image of his sword in her shoulder out of his head. The thought of her aging to dust because of him was just as frightening. She was right. He could never lay a hand on her, which is why the thought of doing it terrified him.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia didn't dream after she fell asleep the next time either, but her sleep wasn't deep. It was soft and easily broken, at the sound of a door slamming, the fire crackling, or if someone shifted as they slept. The sound of a voice woke her easily, as her jaded eyes snapped open the second she heard something. Christopher. For a split second, she forgot why she was mad at him, but then that second was over, and she felt her expression turn sour. "No," she lied, blinking her eyes slowly.

The medication was still coursing through her veins, even after the medics had taken the IV out of her hand. Soon the sight before her became clearer, and her vision slowly adjusted to the nightlight. Something about the boy in front of her was off, maybe it was the sweat forming along his hairline, or the fact that he was noticeably shaking. "Are you cold?" she asked dully, her eyes shifting over the rest of him. The nurse in her proceeded to go through a mental list of what other problems could be linked to sweating and nervousness.

"You had a bad dream," Gee concluded, raising both eyebrows at him. Ever since their argument, she had felt more confident in her accusations. Back before the Lotus Casino, she couldn't have ever had so much faith in herself or her abilities. Then again, she guessed the feeling would go away after a while. She screwed up enough for that to be possible. "About... me?" the demigod continued, her gaze drifting back down to her white sheets.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:10 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris looked her with a slight glare of anger. Was it really that obvious? Chris wasn't scared often so hiding his fear was new. And it bugged him more knowing that she knew that was all he could think about. Even with the drugs surging through her system, she knew more about him than he could ever hope to know about her. "Yeah..." He responded keeping his voice soft. He hated admitting she was right. But it was better than lying to her. She would notice, and that'd be another reason for her not to trust him. She was having a hard enough time believing him.

"Yeah.. You were there." He said only slightly admitting it. He thought about the slash she left on his chest in his dream. He massaged the area slowly. He could still feel it. The cold knife across his bare chest. Just the thought made him uncomfortable. Then he remembered how it ended and he blinked the thought from his mind. He couldn't stand seeing that imagine every time he blinked, but it was pretty well implanted in his memory. Then he thought of how often he woke up scared now. Maybe people were right when they said his dreams weren't normal.

"The nightmares are getting worse and I don't know why." He said. The thought that his dreams could have any kind of actual weight on reality terrified him even more. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Gee. But if things ended the way that his dreams did, he needed to get far far away from camp. He couldn't help thinking of all the greek heroes he heard about. If he really was going to kill her, running away may cause it. It was the trying to prevent a horrible outcome that caused it to happen. But maybe he could cheat death for her. He was a son of Chronos. If anyone's time was up, that meant nothing to him. Manipulating time ruined the expression of running out of time. There was always more time. Always.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia noticed the glare she got in return for her accusations, and simply looked at her feet, visible on the other side of the cot. It wasn't her fault she was right, and could guess. Sometimes people had obvious movements, where the flick of an eye or the twitch of a hand could mean something. After spending a century with people, the girl knew how people acted.

The cabin was soft and quiet, with the embers of the fireplace giving off small amounts of heat from time to time. Campers were sleeping silently, occasionally moving in their sleep, either from lack of comfort or dreams. Personally, the girl was happy she didn't have dreams. The medication at least had one upside, other than the whole 'making her live' part. Sighing, she glanced over at him tentatively, wondering if he'd mistake it for her trying to read his actions again. As tempting as that was, she didn't bother.

Nodding as he spoke, she pulled her hands out from under the sheets and began braiding her hair, something she did when she was young and had nothing better to do. "All demigods have nightmares," Gee muttered softly. She watched the embers across the room as they changed in colors as they got hotter or colder. "You've been strange ever since I woke up after the attack," she continued, casually changing the subject. "But you won't tell me what is actually bothering you."
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

[color=whiteThe demititan stared at her hands as she braided her hair. It was smooth and rhythmic. After a while he realized that it was the same thing he did to rope to strengthen it. He hadn't been around a lot of girls who cared what their hair looked like, so he was almost clueless as to the fact that people braided hair for decorative purposes. [/color] "Here. Roll over. I can do that for you." He instructed. He listened to her statement about him being strange. He may be acting strange. It wasn't entire purposeful though. Maybe he was keeping an emotional distance from her. There was a good reason for that though. "Jesse was the first person who died in my arms. He's the first person to die from my actions that I tried to help." Chris said, slight tears forming in his eyes remembering.

Just mentioning Jesse brought back the memory of his horrid nightmare. Why was that always on the front of his mind? He struggled to drown his dreams among everything else he hated. He tried to think back earlier than the nightmares. He needed to think farther back, but he was stuck reliving the field medicine he inflicted upon the kid. The screams, the blood, the molten hot arrows. It was terrible to do that to anyone. Let alone someone you were trying to save. He almost wanted to remember the nightmare again, but his memory was stuck. He could feel the son of Demeter squirming around under his hands. He could feel Jesse's pulse under his fingers and it was horrible.

"It's different Gee. I didn't hate him. I didn't want him dead, and He didn't want me dead. But I still killed him." He said, his toes curling against the cold wooden floor. He preferred barefoot when he wasn't in danger. Otherwise combat boots were great, but barefoot was the best. He remembered where Georgia's eyes looked at and instantly adverted his eyes. She was staring at the fire place, with colors constantly changing. He could stop the changing colors. He could stop everything. There were days where he wanted to do that. Just catch his breath and stay removed from everything. He just needed Gee with him and it would be perfect. If only he could figure that out. They would have as much time as they needed to talk, or just hang, or even settle something. They would have all the time. He could finally get everything right. He could make her happy.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm

georgia anne wingston

She continued braiding, unbraiding, then re-braiding her hair as she pleased. Sometimes she braided it normally, other times she fish tailed the thing, or just twisted it. Anything to keep her mind off of what was going on, and the situation they were in. "I can't lie on my stomach," she responded, glancing away from her hair to stare at her midsection. The girl would've let him braid her hair, but the pressure of her weight on her wound was too much to stand.

She kept braiding as she listened to him explain, and she couldn't help but feel a surge of painful memories go through her at the mention of someone dying in your arms, someone you didn't hate. "My parents died under my care," Georgia said softly. As soon as the words escaped her lips, she felt frustrated with herself all over again. Surely she could've done something, anything to save her loved ones. Thinking the memory over, it sounded terribly similar to the situation Christopher was going through. Both were just coincidences, but had eaten away at them."Scarlet fever," she added.

Undoing her current pigtail braid, the girl sighed, deciding to fishtail the golden hair this time. Taking a strand in both her hands, the girl looked over at Christopher. "You didn't kill him, the monster did," the demigod insisted. "Jesse would follow anyone off a cliff." The girl sighed, realizing her mistake. "Would've, at least," she muttered, sliding her hands through her braid, returning it to a plain state once more. Starting over once more, she kept her eyes on the fireplace, because it was the only almost constant thing in the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and the blood run stale --- [libby]   and the blood run stale --- [libby] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

and the blood run stale --- [libby]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The CHB Forest-
Jump to: