Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

shoot straight --- summer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

shoot straight --- summer  Empty
PostSubject: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

kylee abigail reeds

When it came to archery, Kylee wasn't exactly a professional. Sure, if you gave her a crossbow and some time, the enemy might be struck down, in a while. However, if it's just a still target, the demigod can do some damage. That's why she was selected to teach a beginner's archery class. Delightful. Not.

She stood among the targets as the class filed in, noting how young the kids actually were. Personally, the demigod despised little kids, just because she didn't have much of a childhood herself, due to the fact that it was taken from her the second she turned ten. Her sea blue eyes shifted from person to person, as they all grabbed either bows or crossbows. Kylee preferred crossbows, just because they were easier to shoot, and aim. "Alright, line up, let's see what you guys got." Her voice was sharp and harsh, which was almost intentional. She never meant to seem so cross, it was just a natural reaction at this point in her life.

Leaning against the wall, her eyes followed each demigod's stance, up to their weapon, then to the arrow as it would fire at a target. As they went through the line, several arrows were scattered randomly among the targets; some hitting them and others falling short. "Alright, I'll be teaching you the correct form for shooting, but it depends on which bow you chose," she explained, motioning to her weapon of choice. "Keep practicing, and I'll be walking around to critique you," Kylee called, her crossbow still tightly gripped in her hand.  

She was somewhat surprised to see a fifteen year old in the class, and chose to pick on him first. "Demonstrate your current stance," Kylee instructed, shifting her weight from one foot to another.
click
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm

seth eliton bond
we'll go all the way. just you and me.
When Seth got the notification that was was supposed to go meet some instructor, he didn't expect it to be because of archery. Again. Okay, maybe he might have expected it to have something to do archery. He had assumed, though, that his terrible archery skills were too far beyond hope for anyone to even try helping. And that everyone knew what happened to his very many archery instructors. Recently however, Seth suspected that it wasn't fully his own aptitude that was to blame for his inability to shoot straight. Never had he once hit the goal he had aimed for, but he was in fact, able to nock and draw an arrow quite expertly - due to the many times he had been forced to practice. Perhaps it was because Tyche liked her little jokes.

What he really did not anticipate was being chucked together with a bunch of nine to twelve year olds. Apparently Chiron was, yet again, trying to find another way of teaching him that might work. Seth thought that after the several dozen times, the centaur would have given up. But noo, he had to be forced to continue shooting arrows he knew he would never reach their target.

This time, his instructor was a girl from the Poseidon cabin. He had seen her around a few times in camp -shared an acknowledging nod maybe- but hadn't ever spoken to her. Finally looking up at the camper, Seth half expected a look of recognition to flash across her face before saying something along the lines of: Oh, its you. I do not wish to have an arrow stuck in me. Do get out. By the way, can I have your autograph?

Yeah. An eleven year old had once asked his autograph for being the guy-who-couldn't-shoot-an-arrow-to-save-his-life. Probably on a dare for someone else who actually admired him. He knew though, that when push came to shove, he'd stick an arrow in anything all right.

Seth flashed her a smile before going again into the basic archery stance that had been drilled into him. He had taken a recurve bow, like he always did - not that it was better than a crossbow in terms of accuracy or anything. But because crossbows went off far too easily -and powerfully- in his hands.

After the first few times he used it, it generally caused so much chaos that he was almost banned from holding one. That was when everyone still thought he had been messing around. Once they realised that he hadn't been, though, nobody bothered to unban him. Not that Seth minded. The thing always went haywire - even he had no idea how he would manage to set it off.

words: 454 // tag: #luna // notes: hi there sorry i haven't posted seth's new bio but basically he's a son of tyche nao

Last edited by Summer on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm

kylee abigail reeds

Flicking her eyes up at the guy, she noticed who he was. That kid, that one with the inability to shoot straight. This was going to be a long training session, at least with the likes of him around. His smile bothered her, it was one of those trouble-making smiles, the ones you learn at a young age to never trust. None the less, she witnessed an average stance, one that, theoretically, worked for most people.  

For a basic stance, it wasn't bad, but this kid should be past that, if he was past the class. Guessing by the fact that he was still here, Kylee figured he either was gods-awful at archery, or he was new. With the sake of the boy in mind, she hoped it was the second. "Put your elbow higher," she whispered, walking it slow circles around him. "And don't you dare loosen your grip on that arrow when I'm not watching." If this was the kid who couldn't be trusted with crossbows, she didn't want to be near him when he released.

Shuffling behind him, she motioned for the other campers to do the same. "Go ahead," Kylee called, not sure what she was expecting from him. She hoped her tips helped some, and maybe no one would get hurt. Then again, archery was pretty straightforward, he couldn't possibly mess up that terribly, could he?

occ my muse got shot sorry
click
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 am

seth eliton bond
"Yes ma'am," Seth nodded innocently, lifting his elbow up as the girl passed him.

He suppressed the urge to raise his eyebrows in surprise. Go ahead? Not something anyone had said to him for a while; regarding anything. Looking around at the relatively full arena, he swallowed. This amazing plan of Chiron's was starting to get worse. Usually he would have gone ahead. But Seth was uncomfortably aware that there were ten year olds standing right there. An arrow to the head could hurt quite a lot.

He was about to pull the arrow back when he stopped and looked at the girl again. "You sure? It probably won't end up where you expect." Seth gave her a hopeful expression.

words: 120 // tag: #luna // notes: okay so kylee can probably think that he's making excuses and exaggerating so just make him shoot and he'll do it. sorry and my next post will have more stuff.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 am

kylee abigail reeds

Handing her weapon off to one of the younger kids, the girl crossed her arms in anticipation. Seconds passed, then minutes. She scoffed at the boy, storming forward and ripping the bow from him. "Follow me, we need to talk," she sputtered, tossing the bow to the side of the arena. If there was one thing that bothered her, it was when people didn't even try.

After she was out of earshot, the girl frowned at the boy. "What the hell was that?" she snapped, anger written across her face. The muscles in her face were tightening, giving her a tense and explosive look. "Can you do anything?" she asked, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Older kids have to set examples, what did that help?" she asked, walking towards him with a scowl. "Nothing! Some kids, like you, are so unhelpful in the cycle around here."
click
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 am

seth eliton bond
Seth had delayed to the last possible moment, then suddenly decided to just get it over with. Just as he was about to draw back the string, the girl lost her temper and started towards him. What just... Oh great timing.

"Hey!" He complained as she yanked his bow away, almost taking his thumb with it. Seth followed the girl to the side of the arena. "You know, usually girls only say that when they decide to break up," he said, eyebrows raised with feigned surprise. The touch of a smile graced his lips. "Starting off a little early, aren't you?"

Seth then backed a step away as she stalked angrily towards him. She had the right to be furious, trying to teach someone like him, but theoretically, so did he. Had he been a regular kid who simply needed more than average training to master archery, this much practice should have frustrated him to no end. But he wasn't. He also couldn't get on Chiron's bad side, not right now, so for the past weeks he had sopped it up without complaint. "You're right," he shrugged, "There's nothing to do in camp. Not that I'm planning to stay here any longer." His mood changed from admittance to casual.

Deciding to revert to the exact problem that caused this mess, Seth stared into her eyes and stated, "If you do want to see me shoot that badly, pun quite intended, then pass me the bow, and I'll do it."

words: 249 // tag: #luna // notes: eek ok so i've changed my mind again, he's bia, buut i'll link you to his bio later so you know the full story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shoot straight --- summer    shoot straight --- summer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shoot straight --- summer
Page 1 of 1