Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

this is war [brenny]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

this is war [brenny] Empty
PostSubject: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:36 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: hi brenny
WEARING: none
WORDCOUNT: xxx
i'm just a kid and life is a nightmare

Finnegan pulls on his winter jacket and buttons all of the buttons. He then pulls a hat over his head, careful to cover his ears. Next he ties a long red and gold scarf around his neck. Then he pulls on a pair of gloves. Lastly he shoves his feet into a pair of snow shoes. Once he is ready, Finnegan leaves his cabin.

The icy steps provide a small problem, but he eventually reaches the bottom. He then sets off across the camp, sort of gliding across the snow. In a few minutes he has made it most of the way across camp. When he stops, he finds himself in a large area that has been sat aside specifically for snow ball fights. Feeling up to a snowball fight, he looks around for another person but finds no one.

Sighing, Finnegan makes his way out farther onto the field. He kneels, and begins to make a large pile of snowballs. After a few minutes he looks around once more for another person. He spots another person in the distance, and watches them waiting to see if he knows who it is. Recognizing Toby's familiar face, Finnegan smiles and grabs a snowball. He then stands up and throws the snowball at the other boy. "Hi Toby!"he calls out as he waves to the other boy.  

coded by sapphire

Last edited by ML on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby crossed his Hecate cabin room. It wasn't as spacious as some other cabins, but on the bright side, it wasn't very populous. Only a couple campers had signed up per room, to give themselves more space. Toby had claimed a far corner of the room and the space opposite it. Although he only used one corner, most of his belongings occupied the other space. Including his owl, which hooted a warning at him as he grabbed his wand. "Whatever," he replied, ignoring the bird. He had on winter clothes that he had convinced his sibling to enchant to make water proof. This was ideal, because Toby had fully planned to spend the day in the snow. He stuck his wand in his sleeve, put on a gray beanie and headed outside, shutting the stone door behind him. He looked at the magic symbols etched into it for a minute before shivering and walking away. He crossed the camp, trudging through thick snow and past various interesting snowmen. Not necessarily snowmen, however. Some were, but others were what appeared to be very badly represented satyrs and centaurs. Toby chuckled inwardly, and kept walking. Finally, he arrived at the snowball arena. Campers were using all sorts of powers, especially khione, in order to make snow. Tobias was not very learned in any magic besides necromancy, only very basic spells, none pertaining to snow. So, he found himself a safe area and stooped down. He picked up a handfull of snow and began to mold it into a ball. Once done, he got on his knees and set it aside. He continued this until he had a reasonable pile of snow. He got out his wand, because he did in fact know defensive spells, and looked around for someone he knew to bombard. This plan didn't exactly go...well, according to plan. Not seeing a snowball hurtling at him, it smacked him in the shoulder. "What the-" Toby looked towards the direction from which the snowball had come. It was Finnegan, smiling like a goof. Toby narrowed his eyes and picked up a snowball of his own. He stood and wound up like he was playing baseball, and then let the snowball shoot.

DATE: 12/01 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: idek this sucks im sorry

Finnegan focuses his attention on his collection of snowballs, and he does not notice the snowball flying towards him until it hits him in the face. He is slightly dazed for a few seconds, but slowly he snaps out of it. He then grabs a snowball and carefully aims, before throwing it at Toby. He then picks up another snowball, and throws it in the same direction as the first. He repeats this with a total of five snowballs.

Grabbing the rest of them in his arms, Finnegan attempts to move behind one of the forts. He nearly makes it, when he trips over one of his snow shoes and falls face flat into the snow. He lays there for a while, his mouth full of snow. Slowly he gets to his hands and knees and crawls behind a fort, of course he is hit by several snow balls in this time. Once he is behind the fort, he leans against the wall and begins to make a large pile of snowballs.  

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby narrowed his eyes to see past the crowd of campers and snowballs in front of him. He was able to discern his opposition picking up snowballs. How many? Four? Five? Toby gulped, Finnegan was like a machine. Toby raised his wand as a snowball came in his direction. As it neared, Toby tightened his grip. When it was within range, Toby used a protective charm. The snowball hit something like an invisible wall in front of him and just exploded in a puff. However, let his guard drop when he saw this puff, and bursting through it came four other snowballs. Toby ducked, narrowly missing one, but got pelted by another two. One hit his side, the other hit the top of his head. Toby stood back up to look at Finnegan, but the tall figure was no longer standing where he used to be. He had fallen. Toby laughed, quickly grabbing his own volley of snowballs and firing them. A couple managed to make contact before he saw Finnegan disappear behind a snow fort. Toby bit his bottom lip, contemplating on what next action to take. He bent low to avoid being an easy target as he scanned the grounds, trying to think of something.

DATE: 12/03 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: ooc here
WEARING: outfit

Finnegan lets out a small sigh, and watches the puff of air that is released from his mouth as he catches his breath and thinks of his plan of attack. This task is rather difficult, and it manages to stump the boy. He sits there for a few more minutes before finally coming up with an idea, not a good one but one that might work.

Quickly he begins making snowballs, and stacking them into a huge pile. Once the pile contains forty snowballs he stops making new ones. He peers around the edge of the fort to check if Toby is still there. Once he is sure the other boy is there, Finnegan moves out from his shelter and begins to rapidly throw snowballs towards the other boy. It seems that as soon as one snowball leaves his hand, another is there to replace it. But really, Finnegan just carefully calculated the distance between the pile and his hand.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby saw Finnegan's head pop out and he made eye contact. Toby knew what was coming. Finnegan had spent some time making snowballs behind the frozen fortress and was now ready to fire. Toby raised his wand in defense, readying himself. Suddenly, there was a cry behind him, and turning his head, an Ares camper came raging from behind a small barricade. Who this person was, he didn't know, but she was definitely coming at him. His eyes widened, and before he could get hit by Finnegan's attack, the child of Ares pelted him with a snowball, causing him to fall down. Unfortunately for her, when he fell and she advanced, she was precisely in the line of fire of Finnegan's snow. Toby chuckled as she was attacked by ball after ball. Although, now that he fell, he knew how Finnegan had felt, aka really cold. Once the attack was over, the Ares camper had retreated. Toby shivered and stood, turning to look at Finnegan and giving a small thumbs up. The kid was alright. Toby hadn't really made very good friends with him really, but knew him probably as well as Finnegan knew Toby. He didn't usually let on much information about himself to strangers. He was glad he had a new friend, though. Toby didn't have many of those, people tend to think him clingy. Sighing, letting out a hot stream of air, Toby decided to call it a day, feeling no further desire to be hit by snowballs.

TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:24 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan can not help but snicker as he watches Toby fall to the ground. His laughter only increases once he realizes he pelted one of the female Ares campers with the snowballs. Deep down he is secretly afraid of the girl, but this moment is too funny not to laugh. After he calms down, and the girl is done he manages to make his way over to Toby.

"Well that was eventful. Hopefully she didn't get a glimpse of me, I'm too pretty to be beaten up"he says with a laugh. Finnegan then looks around the snowball field, before looking back at Toby. "Want to go get some hot chocolate?"he asks the other boy.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby began to walk towards the exit of the snowball arena, dodging the occasional projectile, hopefully mistakenly aimed towards him. Hearing snow crunching under boots, Toby turned. Expecting to see the Ares camper, or someone else ready to attack, his hand moved to his wand. Thankfully, it was Finnegan, snow still in his hair. Toby himself probably looked pretty similar. "Hey," Toby greeted, ducking from a stray snowball, before giving Finnegan his attention. Examining the boy in front of him, it had seemed Finnegan had not changed a bit since the last time they had spoken. Finnegan's hair was quite similar to Toby's, only maybe a bit longer. Their eyes were also very closely the same color, although Toby couldn't completely tell, because he had never really gotten close enough to see. The one very noticeable difference between the two boys was probably their build. Finnegan was an inch or two taller than Toby, and much skinnier. Toby wasn't really fat, but a fair amount of muscle made the boys distinctly difference. In short, if Finnegan was here to shove snow in Toby's face, well, it would be the other way around. Only, Finnegan seemed uninterested in continuing their snowball fight. His remark about himself being to pretty made Toby chuckle and almost say yeah, but realizing how gay that sounded, he decided not to and simply shrugged. There was sort of an awkward silence between them, although more of a pause because people around the field were shouting and laughing. Then, Toby's eyes met with Finnegan's, still too far to tell exactly their shade, and Finnegan spoke. Toby bit his lip. "Sure. I could use some warming up. Er, wanna find some place out of camp?" he asked. He wasn't sure if Finnegan was the rebellious type, but Toby for sure didn't enjoy being cooped up in this place.

TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan smiles lightly and runs his tongue over his lip. "Yeah the city sounds fine, as long as we do not go to Starbucks. I refuse to put one foot in that place"he says with a small smile. He then starts walking in the direction of the border. "I haven't left camp for ages, this should be fun"he says, simply trying to create a conversation.

~time skip
Finnegan holds his mug up to his mouth and takes a sip of his hot chocolate. Almost immediately he sets it back down. "Ow, ow still too hot"he says, he then reaches into his glass of water and places an ice cube on his tongue, attempting to cool it down. He then leans over the cup and blows on it, attempting to cool it down. "I understand that it's hot chocolate, but I don't think its supposed to give me third degree burns."

"How's your drink?"Finnegan asks Toby, as he once again tries drinking his hot chocolate. By now it has cooled down a lot, and he is able to drink a large sip without having to let it cool off. "This might be a bit weird, but would you mind running an errand with me before going back to camp? I need to stop by a comic store to pick something up"he says quietly. Finnegan then takes another sip of his hot chocolate. As he drinks, his eyes flicker over to Toby and he observes the other boy.  

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby watches the boy in front of him run his tongue over his lips, making him twitch a bit though he didn't know why. Wondering why not Starbucks, Toby agreed anyway and began to lead the way. There were plenty of small coffee shops in New York. ~time skip~ Toby scratched his squared jaw as he waited for his hot chocolate, unwrapping the scarf from around his neck. As he looked around the shop to the neon coffee sign hanging in the glass windows, Toby was reminded of the last time he had gone away from camp. Although he was alone last time, it was pretty close. He had gotten something at Starbucks and then went out shopping. He didn't buy anything, as he had little money, but still enjoyed going through individual shops. He had met a couple new friends there, but didn't get too attached, since he wouldn't see them ever again anyway. Perhaps this memory floated to him once again because of the smell of coffee, or Finnegan. Toby's brown eyes moved to the boy, distracted by his too-hot chocolate. Perhaps Finnegan was a friend that Toby would not be friends with for long. Or, perhaps, they would be best mates. Toby turned as they said his name, and he collected his drink, joining the Athena camper at a small table away from the shop windows. Hopefully the smell of coffee would be enough to mask them from monsters. Pulling out a chair, Toby sat across from Finnegan and smiled. He set down his drink and shrugged off his coat. As he observed from Finnegan's previous behavior, the drink was too hot to put to his lips just yet. "I dunno, haven't had it yet. And yours?" he asked, sort of awkwardly. Toby's eyes looked at Finnegan's as he spoke. For the first time, Toby saw his eyes and they were actually really pretty. Very much a close shade to Toby's. Looking down at his drink quickly, he took a drink. Distracted with his own confused thoughts, he almost missed what Finnegan said. "Wh- oh, yeah. Sure," he said, cooly. He didn't ask at first, but then he began to think, what was it for? He wouldn't judge if Finnegan enjoyed comics, but the way he worded it, it didn't seem like it was for himself. Christmas present? That was likely. Toby's eyes looked around the table examining the tiles as he thought. For who? Friend? Special friend? Toby twitched. All these paranoid thoughts running through his head, he just looked up and blurted, "What for who why?" Having said this, and not able to take it back, Toby all too quickly put his hot chocolate to his mouth and started drinking, acting casual but coming off a bit crazy.

DATE: 12/21 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:14 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan blushes a bright tomato red as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate. His eyes stare at the table, as he sits in silence. He is starting to feel, well nervous. Something about being with Toby, gives him butterflies in the stomach. He is so confused and he has no idea why he feels this way or what he should do about it. So he just takes another sip of his hot chocolate and sits there. "It's good, a bit hot"he says with a small smile.

Hearing Toby's reaction to his question, Finnegan grows very confused. He knits his eyebrows together and looks up at the other boy. He raises an eyebrow and looks at him. "You don't sound like you want to go"he says softly. "If you don't want to go, you can just say no. I won't be mad"he adds. Finnegan then picks up his hot chocolate and takes another sip, his eyes staying glued on Toby.

Hearing Toby's sputtered question, he can't help but laugh. The other boy is jealous of someone, who does not exist. It's kind of cute, not that Finnegan would say that out loud, it would sound weird. "Uh let's see myself"he says to answer the question. "I know a guy that has connections to get rare comic books, and he told me he got someone new ones and I want to check them out"he says softly. "Is that okay with you?"he asks quietly. He then takes another sip of his hot chocolate as he waits for the boy's reply.

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby observed Finnegan's face turning a shade of red and quickly looked away. Why was he blushing? Seeing him blush, Toby tried hard not to, but he couldn't tell if he succeeded or not.  He just tried to avoid eye contact. He heard Finnegan speaking. "No, no its cool, I want to go. I didn't know you were into comic books," he said, sheepishly. Toby himself wasn't much into comics, and actually found them kind of nerdy. Did that mean Finnegan was a nerd? Dragging his eyes off his drink he brought himself to look at his friend. How did he not even notice it before? Toby totally had this guy pegged for a nerd. Maybe it was because something about Finnegan made Toby overlook the nerd part. And, even upon realizing Finnegan was that kind of guy, Toby found that he didn't care too much. On the contrary, it was sort of- Sort of what? he asked himself. Cute? Don't be gay, Toby, his mind scolded him. He found himself constantly reminding himself that. Not that there was a problem with gay people. Just, well, Toby wasn't sure if he would stand himself if he liked guys. How weird would that be? Toby chuckled a little out loud at his own thoughts, and then looked at Finnegan, extremely embarrassed. "Sorry. Just remembering a funny uh billboard I saw on the way here," he lied, looking back down at his drink. A bead of sweat formed on his brow and he quickly wiped it away. Gods, this is so awkward, he thought. "Anyway, yeah, it's fine with me," he continued from his previous thought. "I didn't mean to sound rude or anything," he finished, sighing.

DATE: 12/23 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 3:57 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: idek where this is going anymore

Finnegan sips his hot chocolate and watches Toby. For someone reason he gets the feeling that Toby might think its odd that he likes comic books. He is not sure why though, there is nothing wrong with comic books. Perhaps its a bit nerdy, but its not as nerdy as some things. "Oh yeah I like them a lot, I collect them more than I read them though. You've got to be careful reading some of the old ones, they might fall apart which is not good"he says softly starting to ramble towards the end.

Finnegan knits his eyebrows together in confusion when Toby mentions a funny billboard. What is he talking about? "Oh, what did the billboard say?"he asks, pretty much catching on to the other boy's lie. Finnegan takes another sip of his hot chocolate and sits there for a few minutes thinking. He can't help but feel as though this conversation turned awkward extremely fast. Did he do something wrong? Perhaps he said something? He can't be sure, but if he did he regrets it. He had a good conversation going on and he ruined it.

"You sure?"he asks the other boy. He then looks around for a clock. Spotting one in the corner he notices the time reads five thirty, the shop closes at six thirty, they should get going. "We should get going the shop closes at six thirty"he says softly. He then finishes the rest of his hot chocolate and goes to throw the cup away. Returning to the table he pulls on his jacket and buttons it, he then ties his scarf around his neck and pulls his hat over his ears. Sitting back down, he patiently wants for Toby.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby almost laughed again when Finnegan began to talk about being careful with old comic books, and how he collected them. Toby didn't get the point of not reading something that was made for the purpose of reading. The idea was pretty foreign to him. Still, there was no point in criticizing just because he didn't understand it. That would just be downright rude. Toby's thoughts were soon interrupted by Finnegan's question. Toby had no idea what the billboard said, he had made it all up. His eyes desperately glanced around the coffee shop for any ideas, as his mind quickly tried to come up with a lame advertising line. Coming up with nothing, as he didn't watch much television or anything, he opened his mouth to admit his lie, but he was saved. As if god had sent an angel, or a manager sent an employee, a teenage girl stopped at their table. "Is everything here good?" she asked, smiling. Her teeth were very white and she had dark brown hair with a blonde streak down the middle of her ponytail. Toby had to say, she was very pleasing to look at. As she smiled at him, Toby couldn't help but smile back, his brown eyes connecting to her grey. "Y-yeah," Toby said, quickly, relieved to not answer Finnegan's question but also shocked at this girl's beauty. It reminded him slightly of an Aphrodite daughter back at camp. Or, with her eyes, and Athena camper. Strange, though. Finnegan didn't have grey eyes. Finnegan suddenly stood up, informing him that the shop closed pretty early. Toby watched Finnegan leave, and then turned his attention back on the girl. Butterflies began to dance in his stomach. The way she was looking at him, well, nobody ever looked at him like that before. "Well, if you ever want to come back, coffee is on me," she told him. She set down a piece of paper on their table. Looking down as she did, Toby noticed her nails were painted with a blue background and some foreign symbol in the middle. He looked back up at her, heart in his throat. She smiled once more before departing. Toby stared after her, until he realized he was grinning like an idiot. Coughing and composing himself, he picked up the paper. It read, Maysie, 536-9884. Toby slipped it in his pocket before Finnegan got back. "Alright," Toby breathed, completely stunned that someone found him attractive enough to give a number. "Let's go." He stood, tossed his cup in the bin after a quick gulp, and then tugged on his coat and slung his scarf around his neck.

DATE: 12/23 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 5:52 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: WEARING: outfit

Finnegan notices the girl giving Toby her number but he decides to pretend that he doesn't. It does give him a weird feeling however. It's almost upsetting, and he feels well jealous. But not jealous that Toby got a girls number and he didn't. He's jealous that someone gave Toby their number and he just does not like it at all. He can not explain it that well, but it feels like he wants Toby to be his not someone else's, which is weird since Finnegan had no idea he possessed these feelings. Grabbing a napkin from the table he crumples it in his hand, as he sits there careful to avoid eye contact with Toby.

Finnegan stands up and slowly makes his way out of the store. "Let's take a cab, it's too cold to walk"he says softly. He then steps into the street and holds his hand out and whistles. He then steps back as a cab pulls up. Open the door he slides in and gives the address to the driver. He then sinks back into the cracked leather and closes his eyes. Feeling the cab come to a stop, he opens his eyes. Taking out his wallet he pays the driver, and climbs out of the cab.

Finnegan then walks to the shop, not really checking to see if Toby is following. Once inside he walks up to the counter and rests his elbows on it. "Charlie, got that comic for me?"he asks the man. When the man brings out the vintage comic, a wide smile grows across Finnegan's face as he looks at the comic. Picking it up he carefully flips through the pages. It's perfect, t is absolutely perfect. "How much do I owe you?"he asks the man. Although the price is pretty high, he can afford it and he's not going to pass up the chance. Reaching into his pocket, Finnegan takes out his wallet and hands the guy the money.

Putting his wallet back in his pocket, Finnegan picks up the bag containing the comic which has been put into a box to protect it from damage. He walks over to Toby and runs his tongue over his teeth. "All done. So what now? Anything you want to do?"he asks the other boy.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby watches as Finnegan crumples a napkin for some reason. Perhaps he was jealous that he did not get the girl's number. That would've made Toby pretty angry too, however Finnegan was objectively pretty attractive, there wasn't really a reason he couldn't have gotten the girls number if maybe he had asked. When Toby heard him say he wanted to take a cab he frowned. That would be much quicker, yeah, but quicker means less time with Finnegan. It was strange that that is what ran through Toby's head when he heard cab. "Are you su-" Toby began, but his question was answered when Finnegan just walked out to call a cab without a word. Scrunching up his eyebrows, Toby turned to watch him through the glass of the coffee shop. "That was rude," he muttered to himself. He glanced back behind the coffee shop counter and saw the same girl there, listening to music. His mind had a thought. Rash, and mean, but Toby considered it. Why not just go out with the girl now? She seemed in to him, and he was in to her, so it worked. And, obviously Finnegan wanted that comic book more than he wanted to talk to Toby. But, Toby was nice, and he didn't want Finnegan to think he was rude. And, he did promise to go with him, after all. Sighing, Toby exited the shop. "Hey fin-" he started again, but Finnegan already got in the cab. Toby bit his lip, and tasted a bit of blood before he stopped. He walked to the street and hopped in the cab, shutting the car door. He turned to talk to his friend, but the boy had closed his eyes and was obviously not open to conversation. Toby looked out the window, actually growing a bit angry. When the cab stopped, he was about to wake Finnegan, but he jumped up. Toby watched in awe and irritation as Finnegan pretty much ran to the store ahead of him. He angrily slammed a fist on the seat next to him. What was this kid's problem? Why was he so insistent on ignoring Toby? What had he done?? The cab driver said something angrily. "Sorry," Toby said quickly, getting out of the cab. It sped away, and Toby turned toward the shop, but didn't really feel like going in. His brown eyes watched as Finnegan made his purchase. Without waiting for him to bag it or anything, Toby turned and began to walk briskly down the sidewalk away from the shop, as Finnegan had walked away. His head and his heart hurt. And the cold wind was picking up as night came along, turning Toby's ears pink.

DATE: 12/24 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:25 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan watches as Toby walks away, completely ignoring him. He lets out a loud sigh and kicks the wall. "OW"he yells jumping up and down on his good foot. Way to go Finnegan, first you acted immature and your only friend is pissed and then you went and kicked a wall. Congratulations you are an idiot. He sighs anf gingerly puts his foot on the ground. He then starts limping towards the direction Toby was walking. "Toby please wait, I'm sorry! I'm immature and an idiot, please wait!"he calls after his friend.

Finnegan then starts to run in order to catch up to his friend, choosing to ignore the pain. He is in fairly good shape, so it's not hard for him to reach the other boy. He reaches out and puts his hand on the other boy's shoulder, in an attempt to get him to slow down or to stop walking. "I'm sorry for being an idiot. You have the right to be mad at me, and go ahead and leave. Just know that I am sorry"he says softly letting his hand fall back to his side.

Sighing, Finnegan leans against the wall and waits for the boys reply. Right now the boy is confused, why did he act so childish? Was he really that jealous? And why? That is an interesting question. The only explanation would be that he has feelings for Toby. But he doesn't or does he? He does have to admit it makes some sense, but it can't be true. Finnegan then takes the time to think. He can't deny that Toby is a good friend and Finnegan enjoys spending time with him. And he is pretty attractive. Maybe he does have feelings for the other boy. How does he approach this without scaring the other boy? Or maybe he should not mention it. Perhaps that would be best, it might scary Toby off, and he really does not want to loose a friend. Finnegan nervously bites his lip and stands there.  

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Son of Hecate

This was not how the evening should have gone at all. They should have had hot chocolate, told some cheesy jokes, laughed, spoken about sports, camp, discuss the seriousness of Kronos, told more jokes to ease the tension. Why couldn't that have happened? Why did Finnegan have to get irrationally upset and then ignore Toby? He didn't deal well with those things. He had self esteem issues, and honestly he sort of required attention to keep himself stable. The girl giving him her phone number supplied that, but when Finnegan stormed off- The girl. It seemed to all come back to the girl. The boys were fine, and then the girl, and then they were not fine. Why was that? Toby stood at a crosswalk. The day was running down, the darkness enclosing around them. He pulled his scarf tighter. People brushed past him as they crossed the street, but he stood, staring forward with visible breaths beginning to emit from his mouth. He heard his name in the distance, Finnegan's voice, but he drowned it out. Why did it come back to the girl? Thoughts were drowning him until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He almost gasped as he spun around, expecting a monster, or the girl, or someone wanting his money. When he saw it was Finnegan, his face hardened, but he did not walk away even though Finnegan told him to. He shrugged the boy's hand off of his shoulder. "If you're calling yourself an idiot to make me feel bad it won't work," he scolded. "Look, if you really wanted that girl's number you could have asked her. If you want it so bad," Toby reached into his pocket and produced the bit of paper. "Take it." He took Finnegan's hand and pushed the piece of paper into it. "It's just a girl, there was no need for you to just walk out on me," he said. Toby sighed and shook his head, trying hard to keep his anger down. He didn't usually get this angry, but with Finnegan it was different. His emotions were inexplicably stronger. He turned sideways so he didn't have to look at Finnegan but not so that he had his back to him.

TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:26 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan sighs and looks over at Toby. "I'm calling myself an idiot to make myself feel bad"he mumbles. When Toby hands him the slip of paper, he does not even attempt to catch it he just lets it fall to the ground. He then takes a deep breath and thinks about what he is about to say. Should he say it? What's going to happen if he does say it?
"N-no"he says his voice cracking. "Thats not it, I don't want her number"he says quietly. "I- just nevermind. You wont understand, I just forget this happened. Go call that girl, have fun. I'll see you around"Finnegan says quietly. As much as he wants to say it he can't, he's too afraid.
Shoving his hands into his pockets, Finnegan walks away with a slight limp. He's such a coward, he should have said it. Now he just looks stupid. Not to mention he most likely just ruined his and Toby's friendship. Sighing, Finnegan bites his lip and continues walking. Where, he does not know. He should just get a cab and head back to camp, that would be the best thing to do at this point. He stops walking and turns, walking out into the street he holds his hand up to hail a cab.  

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby's frown deepened when Finnegan muttered something and he almost said not to think that about yourself, but he just kept staring forward. Toby listened to Finnegan's words, and when he was done speaking they simply echoed within his head. He closed his eyes, his heart beating heavily and his chest feeling constricted. Quit this, his mind said. Stop. Now. He opened his eyes. Crying was definitely not the answer. As much as Finnegan's last words hurt, he would not break down. Toby finally turned as Finnegan walked away. His eyes remained steely, watching the boy slip away. Soon, he was hidden from Toby's view in the New York crowd. Feeling himself move, Toby stopped. Looking down he realized that he had taken a step forward, perhaps to go find Finnegan, without realizing. He couldn't do this, however. It was just some dude. Just a bro, they would probably make up with like a bag of chips or something later, right? Still... Toby sighed and called his own cab. As he scooted in he told the driver where to go. He looked out the window, his eyes no longer steely, and actually rather sad. Still, no tears ran from them. They were just bros, they could sort this thing out. It wasn't like they had broken up or anything. Toby no longer had any intention of calling the girl with the phone number anymore. He had left it on the sidewalk, anyway. He slipped his wand out of his pocket and looked at it. His fingers ran over its familiar contours. Practicing magic always helped get Toby's mind off of things. Maybe he would learn one or two fun charms instead of necromancy tonight. He needed something to lift his spirits, take his mind off of things. His mind jumped to drugs, but he tried those once and, well, it didn't end well. Toby hung his head and closed his eyes. Tonight sucked, there was no denying, but slowly his mind drifted to earlier that day when Finnegan and Toby were playing in the snow, smiling, laughing....

TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 10:32 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Time skip.
Finnegan decided to not get a cab, and instead spend time walking around the city, thinking. After a few hours, and a stop to get coffee Finnegan has made little progress. Maybe it's his foot or he's just too upset to walk fast. What ever reason it is not important. Taking a sip of his coffee, Finnegan's thoughts wonder back to earlier that night. What exactly had happened? Everything had been fine until the coffee shop. They had been having such a good time, and then the girl gave Toby her number, and for whatever reason he had become jealous. But he wasn't jealous about Toby getting the number, he was jealous that Toby might potentially date someone else.

Does that mean he likes Toby? He supposes that it does. Too bad he went and ruined everything by acting immature. Sighing Finnegan finishes his coffee and crumples the cup tossing it into the trash. He then reaches down to check his bag to see if the comic is still there and notices that the bag is gone. "Great just great. This night has been wonderful just so wonderful"he yells. Finnegan then starts to laugh uncontrollably. Of course this would happen. This is just the icing on the cake, in this case the cake being a terrible night.

After he stops laughing Finnegan bites his lip, unsure what to do. He has a few options, go back to camp and forget this night, find the comic or talk to Toby. After ten seconds of thinking he decides to find the comic. Turning around, he begins to retrace his steps. After a while of doing this he comes across a figure holding, a wand? Drawing closer he realizes that the figure is Toby.

"Crap"Finnegan mumbles as he presses himself against the building. Well this is nice, if he wants to retrace his steps he has to go past Toby. And that means possibly talking to Toby. Though he could just forget about the comic, but he did spend a lot of money on that. Ugh, why is this so hard? He bites his lip and continues to debate what to do. Finally deciding to go find the comic he steps away from the wall. He then looks down towards Toby and takes a deep breath. That's when he notices the bag is on the ground by Toby. Well great, just great. Slowly Finnegan walks over and grabs the bag, he then turns and starts walking away. He really does not feel up to talking with Toby. 

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Son of Hecate

"Stop the cab," Toby demanded suddenly. He opened his eyes as the driver pulled over. They weren't too far from where they had been because of traffic. Paying the driver, Toby slipped out of the car. He looked around as the cab drove off, down one side of the street was a couple shops, and down the other side it looked like there was a bar. Biting his lip, he began down the sidewalk toward that side. He could do with a little bit of alcohol in his system to help him relax. When he entered, the smell of cigarette smoke and cologne hit him like a wave and he almost hacked up a lung. He made his way to the bar through some really unfriendly looking characters and took a stool. When the bartender finally made his way to him after a while, the man's humongo eyebrows scrunched up. "Hey, kid, I don't think you should be in here," he warned, his voice gruff. Toby looked at him and then sighed. He really didn't feel up to talking to people anymore. All he wanted to do was drink. The Son of Hecate reached into his pocket and withdrew a fake ID that he had some Hermes campers make. If Chiron found out about it he'd be dead. The bartender snatched up the ID and examined it. He muttered something under his breath, though Toby couldn't tell because of his rather unkempt mustache. "What'll it be then?" the man asked. Toby ordered a bottle of crappy beer. Glugging that down, he went for another, and made sure to specify that it be better this time. When he got the top off, he paid and set off. On his way to the exit he bumped into some guy playing pool but he kept walking. He exited the bar and began to walk along the side walk, feeling much more relaxed. He was relieved to get out of the nauseating smoke-filled bar. He heard a voice behind him, and turned on his heels. A couple big burly guys were walking after him, and Toby guessed that they were angry and drunk and interrupting their game of pool was not a good idea. Toby turned and began walking quicker. Swiveling his head around he observed that they were gaining. Toby broke into a run and heavy clunks behind him alerted that they were running as well. They ran down the sidewalk and took a sharp turn to the left, and then another, but Toby only found himself in an alley. Swearing like a sailor, he backed up. Breathing heavily, he tried to think quickly. The two men cut off the entrance to the alley. They spoke, but Toby didn't listen. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest, and he had a small cramp in his stomach. They slowly advanced on the boy, grinning. Toby snapped his fingers. They men stopped in confusion, also swearing at him for acting like a lunatic. Right, Toby was obviously the lunatic in this situation. The men began to come forward again, but they stumbled, and one fell, bringing the other down with him. Miracle? "Magic," the son of Hecate winked, before jumping atop the men and then dashing out of the alley. After a good stretch of running his ass off, Toby came to a stop, chest heaving. "Oh-my-god," he sputtered between breaths. He took his wand out of his pocket in case he needed a bit more defense. As he turned to keep walking, probably to find somewhere to stay the night as he had no desire to back to camp this late, he noticed a figure coming up behind him and he jumped back, hair standing on end. Then, recognizing the back of the figure's head as he walked away many times before, Toby was both relieved to see it was Finnegan but also tensed up a bunch. This time, he wasn't just going to stand there. Taking a swig of the beer he forgot he was holding before tossing it aside, he hobbled forward. "Wait," he panted, still not recovered to move very quickly. "Finnegan. Finnegan stop!" he called.

DATE: 12/25 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:36 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: i have major feels

Finnegan sighs as he hears the familiar voice calling his name. Well this is certainly a change of events. He was not expecting Toby to pay attention let alone call after him. He wonders what brought this change. He stops walking and stands there for a few minutes debating if he should turn around. Finally he decides that he might as well, because by this point the night can not get worse. Can it?

Slowly Finnegan turns around and looks at Toby. Something about his voice sounds different. It's almost as if it's slurred, like a drunken person's speech might sound like. Is Toby drunk? He supposes it could be, but it seems a bit odd. He would have never pegged him for the type of person to drink, but oh well people can surprise you. His assumptions are confirmed when he hears the sound of glass being broken.

Licking his lip, he slowly walks towards Toby. "Y-yes?"he asks nervously. After earlier, Finnegan is still nervous about talking to Toby. Hopefully he will not remember enough of their last conversation to ask what Finnegan was going to say. Because the last thing he wants to do is say it, especially to a drunk person. He just has a feeling that will not have a happy outcome.

When Finnegan gets close enough to Toby he starts to smell the alcohol. And to someone who does not drink, it smells terrible. "Gods, you've been drinking a lot"he mutters under his breath as he waves his hand in front of his face trying to get rid of the smell. However this method is stupid and it does nothing to get rid of the stench. "Hi Toby, care to tell me what made you decide to go out and drink?"he says to the boy. Of course he does not have to answer as it is none of Finnegan's business but he is curious.  

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:12 am

Son of Hecate

The boy walked after Finnegan, thankful that he had stopped. He really didn't want to strain himself physically anymore. Finnegan began to walk towards him and when they were close enough for Toby to see Finnegan's brown eyes, they stopped. Seeing his eyes gave Toby a wave of grief and sadness and he clenched his fist tightly. Apparently, Finnegan had already guessed that he had been drinking because he spoke first. Toby was pretty amazed that he could smell the alcohol though, because he didn't even actually have too much to drink. Maybe the Athena camper had never been in much contact with any. He was a smart kid, so he probably knew to just keep himself healthy. Toby looked down at his feet, a bit embarrassed at Finnegan's question. He wasn't about to say Oh, I was all upset about you so I went to get drunk. That'd come off as needy. Come to think of it, that was basically Toby in a nutshell. He pretty much needed people in his life to keep him okay. It was pathetic, he knew, but it was true. Toby looked at Finnegan and then narrowed his eyes, a thought coming to him, something that was itching at the back of his brain since they last spoke. A question that Finnegan should answer to, not anything Toby should. "Hey," he said, taking a step back as to not suffocate Finnegan with his beer-breath, for the boy seemed all too sensitive to it. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to, but... well," Toby sighed. This was challenging to word this like he wasn't obsessing about it, like it was just a casual question. It isn't casual, Toby thought, biting his bottom lip softly. His eyes examined Finnegan's face. This boy right here meant something more than a casual friend. He was a good friend to Toby, mostly, and Toby guessed he just didn't want to lose that. Deciding to get on with the question he released his lip which started bleeding again from earlier, despite how gingerly he had bitten it. "The last time we talked, you left before you finished what you were saying." Toby blinked hard,the lights seeming a bit fuzzy but he continued. "You were going to say something and you just stopped. Just....what was it?" he asked, finally. His dour eyes watched Finnegan's, jaw clenched with anticipation, and face just over-all obviously much more downcast than his earlier unbreakable self.

DATE: 12/25 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 am

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: /dies from feels

Finnegan lets out a small sigh and bites his lip. He knew the time would come where he has to explain, but he would have prefered if he had time to think about it. But this is life, and life is not that fair. However before he says anything, he is going to at least think it out just a bit.

"Oh that, I guess I should explain"he says with a nervous laugh. He then clenches his hands into fists and closes his eyes as he thinks. How does he phrase this without sound idiotic or really weird. Although knowing him, it will be at least one of the two. Opening his eyes, Finnegan stares over at Toby. The first thing he notices is the boy's bleeding lip. "You're bleeding"he says. No duh, way to state the obvious Finnegan.

"I am going to do such a bad job explaining this, but here it goes"he says taking a deep breath. "Earlier I wasn't jealous that you got the girls number and I didn't. I could care less about getting her number. I was jealous because you could be interested in someone else, and I just really do not like that idea. I know pretty selfish of me"he says, his eyes trailing down towards the ground. "I guess what I am trying to say is, I have feelings for you"he says the end of the sentence quieter than the rest. Finnegan then slowly looks up at Toby.

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Prince ML on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is war [brenny]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next