Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

New Kid in Camp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:07 am

New Kid in Camp Search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1301&bih=641&q=a+girl+with+brown+hair+and+brown+eyes&oq=a+girl+with+brown+hair+and+br&gs_l=img.1.0.0.1576.8297.0.10016.29.13.0.16.16.0.127.1381.3j10.13.0....0...1ac.1.24.img..0.29.1652.14agfdcYg8E#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=V1vUEByxhJQabM%3A%3BoD7KmzvIfkEuLM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fs4.favim.com%252Forig%252F50%252Fblue-eyes-brown-hair-girl-green-nature-Favim.com-460268.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.goodreads

Luna stares at the sign that says Camp Half-Blood. With her greyhound Amber next to her, she threw her bag over her shoulder and started walking toward the entrance. Ever since she found out she was a demi-god, she knew everything was going to be different. All she was happy about was that she won't have to see her annoying cousins or strict aunt for a while.

"Can I get some help here?" Luna called out when she got into the camp, while the other campers just continued with their day. Great,she thought,just like boarding school.

Not watching where she was going, Luna trips over a rock and falls to the ground. Her shoulder bag, not closed properly, spills her stuff out.Just great. she thinks as she brushes herself and tries stuffing her stuff back.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:26 pm

New Kid in Camp Tumblr_m94fchowik1qiwd8jo1_500
Quinn Alexander- Son of Morphues
Quinn was bored, as he always was. There was really nothing here that he enjoyed, save for laying in a hammock under the canopy of the forests, but he had already done that today. So there he was, just watching some new campers arrive over the border. Some looked scared and confused, while others fierce and excited. He remembered the first time he came to camp. No one really helped him, they just bumped into Quinn like he was a nobody. If you didn't complete a quest, you were nothing in camp.
So when somebody called out for help, Quinn was glad to oblige. He walked over, the wind ruffling up his clothing and whistling through his fair brown hair. He previously had his hands shoved in his pockets, but now he had them out, bending his tall and lanky form over the girls fallen items. He picked the rest of the scattered things and handed them to the girl.
"That's a nice dog you've got there." Quinn said, running his hand through his hair and then putting his arm out for the girl to shake. "I'm Quinn Alexander, but I like Quinn. People here can be..." He searched for the right word. Most of them were nice, but you had to get to know them first. "Forgetful that new people need help." Well, it wasn't the best explanation, but it was the best he could do at the moment. Questions, he was sure, would come, and he'd answer it to the best of his ability.
He scanned the horizon, taking note on how low the sun was in the sky. Soon, another battle would begin. A battle that Quinn would ride out on the roof of a standing building that had not been demolished by the Zombie hordes. Quinn decided to help the girl, because she was knew and was frankly inexperienced.
"Hey do you know who your godly parent is? If you don't I'll lead you to the Hermes cabin where you can drop your stuff off, but then you've got to follow me. Nights at camp right now are a bit more hectic than usual. See, Kronos is being a jerk and sends Zombies to kill us every night."
Back to top Go down
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:45 pm

New Kid in Camp Search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1301&bih=641&q=a+girl+with+brown+hair+and+eyees&oq=a+girl+with+brown+hair+and+eyees&gs_l=img.3...808.7080.0.7248.32.13.0.19.19.0.118.1139.11j2.13.0....0...1ac.1.24.img..5.27.1390.hNKRcw7WIrk#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=V1vUEByxhJQabM%3A%3By4T0Y8udYk6XNM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages3.wikia.nocookie.net%252Fthehungergames%252Fimages%252F4%252F4a%252FBlue-eyes-brown-hair-girl-green-nature-Favim.com-460268.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fthehungergames.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FFile%253ABlue-eyes-brown-hair-girl-green-nature-Favim.com-460268

Luna looks at the Hermes kid who helped. "Hey, I'm Luna Morgon. Um, my parent is Apollo.Do ya know where the cabin is. While saying this Luna thinks, At least everyone isen't a jerk here.

Then, Luna realizes what the boy said next."Um, did ya say zombies?
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Quinn Alexander- Son Morphues
The girl- whose name was Luna- was a daughter of Apollo. That was easy enough to find. Quinn was the son of Morphues, the dream god, not Hermes. If you didn't know who your parent was, or they didn't claim you, you went there until they did. Quinn nodded, and jerked his head in the general direction he was headed for. Luna was hopefully following him. She had too, because he'd grabbed her bags, in a friendly manner, and was now walking uphill, dirt spraying under his feet. The sun was almost down, casting gold rays of sunlight through the trees. Quinn swallowed nervously. He wasn't much of a fighter, he could barely manage to save himself. But add on Luna, a new and inexperienced camper and you had a recipe for disaster.
"Yeah, zombies." He said solemnly, squaring his shoulders. "They've taken their toll, let me tell you." He looked at the girl and her dog. If he didn't help them, they had a slim to none chance of surviving. "Stay away from the edges of camp. During the day, get as much food and supplies as possible. At nighttime, either get into safe houses" Quinn gestured to the Camp Store, cafeteria, Ares cabin, and the library. "or find high ground on one of the still standing roofs, which is what I do." 

Soon, they were at the Apollo cabin, and Quinn dropped the girls bags at the front door. He wasn't allowed to go in, save for when he did cabin inspections, which wasn't very often. He looked at Luna and sighed. "Well, this is where I get off. But if you wanted, I could show you the ropes. That is, if you survived the night."
Back to top Go down
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Luna was following Quinn to the Apollo cabin with Amber trailing behind her. While they were walking, all Luna thought was one thing.Stay alive. When Quinn dropped her stuff at the cabin and made the comment about staying alive, all Luna did was smirk."You know, I'm not totally useless. I've been in fights and I happen to know how to shoot a bow and arrow straight."Letting Amber in through the door, Luna swept the blue streak from her brown hair out of her face and collected her stuff. Before turning to go, she said with a smile" But thanks for the offer, Quinn.
Turning around, Luna entered the cabin and made sure that she will prepare for the night.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

When Luna went into the cabin, Quinn stuck his tongue out at her and crossed his arms. He didn't mean that she was useless, just that she had probably never fought zombies before, and video games didn't count. Quinn stuck his hands back in his pockets and hiked down the wooden steps that creaked under his sturdy leather boots. He wore blue jeans that were tattered and torn and dirty from many nights of staying alive. He wore a inky shirt that hugged his body, showing his pectoral muscles underneath. He didn't have them before camp, but that was what you did here. Train. To complete the outfit he wore an amber colored jacket that complemented his hair.
Next on his list to kill time before he heard the moans of zombies was to grab weapons and food from his secret place. Though Quinn hated to admit it, he kept a lot of stuff to himself. Under other circumstances he'd share with anybody who asked. But given that the camp was now over run by zombies, he had to think about himself, and only himself.
Quinn turned on his heel, not expecting the turn of events that were about to happen. Night had struck upon the boy, and the zombies were coming before he could say 'Olympus'. Quinn's electric blue eyes widened as he saw two undead moaning in his face. He could smell their putrid breath on his face, and he resisted the urge to gag and throw up. He reached for Dream Giver, his dagger. With one clean swipe he dragged the weapon across one zombie and ran, yelling.
He told Luna to stay away from the edges of camp, but he didn't follow his own advice. Soon, he was in the thick forest, still screaming his head off as he dodged blows from the undead's swinging arms. Quinn never realized that a big tree branch was right in front of him. Within one second, a loud smack could be heard, along with a yell of pain. Quinn Alexander was on the ground, unconscious with blood spurting from his mouth and nose. The zombies were closing in on him...
Back to top Go down
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Luna plops her stuff on her bunk, Amber laying beside it. Turning around, Luna survide the cabin. The thing that caught her instrest was the pile of bow and arrows lying on the floor.
Suddenly, she heard a cry come from outside. Not thinking, Luna grabbed a bow, laced a quiver onto her back, and ran outside.
Outside, Luna saw Quinn lying on the ground, with a mass of zombies surrounding him. Without realizing it, Luna was drawing an arrow and shooting it at the closest zombie to Quinn.
I'm obviously going to die, was all Luna thought at the moment.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Quinn didn't expect to live when he fell to the ground. He didn't expect anyone to come to his aid. He didn't expect Luna to come and save him. His vision was slightly blurry when he came to, and the first thing he noticed was lots of red blood gushing from his voice and mouth. Then he carefully checked all of his limbs and his chest, to make sure he'd not been bitten. That would've been bad. Sitting up, Quinn realized that the zombies were going away from him, as if drawn by a magnet toward some other thing. He heard the sound of zooming arrows whizzing through the air, and he vaguely remembered Luna saying something about her talent with the bow and arrow. He was glad he had helped that girl, but now it was his turn to save her, whether she wanted him to or not.  
He saw the zombies building around Luna, and he knew she wasn't going to make it unless... Unless I make an opening for her to escape! Quinn thought in his mind. He thought of his younger siblings, how he always made sure they were okay and laughing when they were hurt or scared. Luna reminded him of Maeve, his little sister, whom he had protected up until he left for camp. He grabbed Dream Giver and ran up to the nearest zombie and put his tan arm around it, choking it. Finally, he stabbed the zombie in the gut, feeling the hot blood run down his hand. He didn't know zombies could bleed. When the undead was officially dead, Quinn hacked away at the other zombies, until he was finally close enough to call out to Luna.
"Run!" He cried out, kicking a zombie in the head. "I don't care if you can handle yourself, I'm telling you you can't. Now run before you die!" Quinn scrambled frantically to get to higher ground, where he could manage killing the undead better. He swiped across one's heart, effectively silencing it forever. Slowly, the numbers were dwindling. Quinn could barely feel the pain of his broken nose and busted lip.
Back to top Go down
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 am

Luna knew she was going to die. She was running out of arrows and the zombies were coming towards her.
Next thing Luna heard was someone shouting.
" Huh?" Was all she could muster before Luna noticed Quinn was up and fighting.
Not realizing it, Luna started running.
I should probably go get help.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

Good. Quinn thought as he saw Luna running away from the zombies. From the danger. He twirled in the air, doing a graceful arch and jumping onto a tree branch. The undead, though blunt and strong, were stupid and did not have the motor skills to climb a tree. He knew how he had to get out, because there were too many zombies for him to fight and he had to make sure that Luna didn't run into more trouble. Quinn didn't know why he was so protective of the girl, who was clearly fierce enough to look after herself. Maybe it was because of Maeve, who was in a house surrounded by her older brothers. Maeve, who was young enough to know the innocence of life but old enough to understand consequences. Right when she was born, Quinn brought it on himself to make a silent oath to protect her. And he'd done that. So now when his sister was miles away, he had to make do with all the younger campers. Including Luna.
Contrary to what she might believe, camp was not easy. The fights, though most were training exercise, were brutal and you were often left with colorful bruises on your body. And when you were dealing with zombies alone, well then you better have your prayers said and your wills wrote out, because chances were that you were not coming out alive.
Quinn jumped through the branches of the tree tops, his boots getting more sticky with sap with every step he took. He could still see Luna fleeing from the scene, and as much as he would've liked too, Quinn didn't follow her. If he did, the zombies would go after her and all that he had done would be in vain. He misjudged a jump, and all the air was knocked out of his chest as he tried to pull himself up with his arms. He looked down, something he would have not normally done. The zombies were piling around him, reaching for his dangling feet, which scrambled for a foothold. One undead creature had managed to grab his boot, and Quinn promptly kicked the zombies head, bashing his undead brains out. He got up finally and continued to jump in the trees diagonally. He'd make it out. 
Back to top Go down
soularcher429

soularcher429

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

[
Keep Running.
Her brown hiking boots were dirty from running and she was becoming tired.
That was all Luna thought while she ran through the camp, not daring herself to look back.
Quinn told her to run and that is she will do.
Running into the library, Luna shuts the doors behind her. Gotta hide, she thought.
Luna notices a ladder thats tall enough to reach a window that leads to the roof.
Perfect, she thought.
With that, Luna quickly climbed up the ladder and reached the roof.
Not bad, she smirked to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Kid in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid in Camp   New Kid in Camp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kid in Camp
Page 1 of 1