Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] Empty
PostSubject: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:42 pm

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor wasn't really the kind of person one would find lounging in the amphitheater for no reason. She just wanted some time off training and frankly enough, she had gotten sick of the Khione cabin after being there every single day. It was quite a change walking around camp without a clear direction in mind, but soon enough Taylor found herself entering the empty area where Apollo kids used to host sing-alongs every Saturday. Then it was only a matter of time before she dozed off on a couple of seats, her arm dangling over the edge of the chair. Naptime in the amphitheater. Most people did that at one point or another, right?

It was only after a few hours that Taylor drifted back to the world of the living. She gave a little start upon realizing how half her body was on the verge of falling but otherwise she felt refreshed, good as new. Rubbing her eyes and stifling the yawn that followed, the daughter of Khione grew increasingly mindful of the music filling the air. She lifted her head up slightly and saw the amphitheater in the same state it was when she entered - just empty. From the sound of guitar strings being plucked however, Taylor surmised that the place wasn't as empty as it seemed.

Of course, coming from a nap, Taylor didn't quite look her best as she slowly sat up. She didn't really mind though, being Taylor Brooks. Everyone looked like a mess after they slept, right? The music didn't stop though and as Taylor's mind progressed from sleep mode to wide-awake-and-alert mode, she began to appreciate just how well the notes blended together and how talented the musician was.

"You play really well you know," she said loudly from where she sat. With one leg up on the chair and her hand still raking her flaming red hair to submission, Taylor literally looked like she rolled out of bed. That didn't stop her from pasting a sheepish grin on her face as she dished out the compliment, even if her still sleepy eyes prevented her from getting a clear view of anything that was too far - and that unfortunately included the talented musician.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm

just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] Tumblr_m8e0gdLm9G1qbtvtlo1_500

Elijah Gray, Son of Psyche

Oh, when I get there,
It won't be far enough,
I'm a renegade, It's in my blood
If ever I get there,
It won't be fast enough
I'm a renegade, I always was...

The Mess Hall wasn't too crowded as Elijah walked in, guitar under his arm. There were a couple people milling around and others just sitting at their tables eating a late lunch. The Hera table had three people sitting at it, one girl and boy sitting together at one end and a girl sitting in the middle on her own.
Guess its a good thing I'm not the only one who forgot to come earlier for lunch.
Maybe not "forgot". Maybe it was more of a "Training-In-The-Arena-And-Too-Lazy-Too-Get-Food" type of thing.
Eli picked up a plate and spent a couple moments thinking about what he wanted, but in honesty, he was looking for something which he could carry along with him. If he got Mac and Cheese he would not be able to carry that along with him.
Absently, he brought his plate over to the Hera Table and put it down before thinking about how he would really like a plain white roll. When it appeared, it wasn't much of a shock. Sure, it had shocked him when he was like nine, but after spending nearly half his life getting his food the same way it was sort of normal.
He'd considered sitting and eating it in the Mess Hall on his way in, but since he had wanted to get to the Amphitheater before evening, he'd decided to just bring it along with him.
Picking the roll up, Elijah left the plate on the table and turned, sauntering out of the mess hall as he took one big bite out of the roll and chewed.

On his way out he met a couple people he knew, and obviously he gave them a big grin, even though his mouth was full of doughy bread. If they were bothered they didn't show it and they just gave him a wave and smile back.
Eli was wearing a slightly dirty T-Shirt which had mud stains on it from training in the morning. He also had on ripped blue jeans and black boots, and of course his wristwatch that was his weapon of choice.

Continuing to the Amphitheater, he managed to eat the roll in a couple bites, and as he walked in he was chewing thoughtfully.
Could practice a couple songs I suppose. Which ones though... that's the question. Maybe that one I started a couple days ago... need to learn it after all. Practice that and then maybe Ignorance? Whatever, I can think about it when the other one is done.
He was so immersed in his thinking that he didn't notice the sleeping redhead sitting in one of the seats, and instead he carried on doing what he usually did before practicing. Basically just getting a stool to sit on the stage with, and getting comfortable where he perched.
Elijah spent a couple minutes strumming a few notes, just to make sure the guitar was in tune. He adjusted some chords when one sounded out of tune, and tested them again, smiling faintly as it played better than before.

Once he was positive the guitar was as good as it was gonna get, Eli took a couple breaths and gathered his thoughts. All he needed to do was get the first couple chords right and after that it would be simple.
Easy peasy.
And then he started playing the song, Renegade by one of his favorite bands, Paramore. He'd never found someone who could play drums very well or knew the band, and he'd never found someone who could sing either, so whenever he practiced a paramore song he was on his own doing the guitar. Since his own voice wasn't all that great, he didn't sing along to the music made, and contented himself with just doing what he loved to do.
... And the spark never lit up a fire, Though I tried and tried and tried, The wind came, from your lungs, A hurricane, from your tongue...
Humming the tune under his breath and silently thinking the words, he continued to the second verse without any problems. When he got to the chorus he really put is all in, since it was the part of the song which had drawn him to actually learning the chords.
"You play really well you know."
Over the music he was creating, Elijah heard the words being spoken, and grinned widely. Unlike others who might have been annoyed for having someone interrupt, he was appreciative of any compliment which he got, and that was certainly a compliment.
Letting the last note he played resonate, he didn't continue and looked up to find the source of the words.
His eyes landed on the red head who looked like she'd fallen out of bed only a couple minutes before. She was pulling her fingers through the flaming red hair, and she had obviously not just come in. Only solution was he'd missed her as he'd come in.
'Thanks. I practice a hell of a lot,' he smiled, and continued, 'What about you? Do you play anything?'

OOC: Sorry for the post.
Clothes: Polyvore does not have a wide range of mens clothes.
Theme: Renegade - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Saph <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:56 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
"No, not unless you count video games," Taylor said, giving a lazy shrug and clearing her throat to make her voice sound less cracked. She flashed the boy a smile in return, although she felt slightly rueful for interrupting.

"You don't have to stop on my account," she continued as the echoes of his last note hung in the air. "Renegade, right?"

Taylor remembered hearing the same tune from her iPod. It hadn't been with her when whatever caused her amnesia took place, and apparently her siblings took great care of her things while she was gone. Taylor had spent one of her first days back in camp scrolling through the little square gadget, listening to the songs and trying for some sort of spark that would miraculously fill her head with long-lost memories. No such luck. Nevertheless, she was glad to have found a link to her past life. Her taste in music didn't seem to have changed - she liked the songs on her iPod even now. It was a mildly comforting thought, knowing a little more about herself even if it was a trivial thing like musical preferences. It gave her hope.
coded by sapphire

ooc: their playbys make this a little weird lol
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:20 pm

just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] Tumblr_m8e0gdLm9G1qbtvtlo1_500

Elijah Gray, Son of Psyche

Oh, when I get there,
It won't be far enough,
I'm a renegade, It's in my blood
If ever I get there,
It won't be fast enough
I'm a renegade, I always was...

Elijah couldn't help laughing. It wasn't something he had even consciously done. But he couldn't help it, and it took him a couple moments to reply. And even at that, anyone would hear the barely restrained laugh behind his words.
'Do those Video Games include Guitar Hero? Or other sort of video games?'

'If I hadn't wanted to stop then I would have completely ignored you,' he said honestly, a slight sparkle in his eyes, 'And anyways, whats to say I stopped on your account? Maybe I saw a cat which is now nowhere to be found, or something along those lines. Give me a couple more minutes and I can probably think up an exceptionally amazing reason for why I stopped playing which does not involve you.'
Typical Elijah.

His face broke into the widest smile yet when she recognized the song he'd been playing, and any sort of regret he might have held for stopping when he'd been playing so well flew out the window.
'Not only do you have a great sense in where to take a mid-afternoon nap, you have great taste in music.'
Eli's taste of music had never really been one sort of style. He'd hear a country song and he'd love it, and then he would hear a pop song and love that too. It didn't mean he loved every song from every genre, but he'd never really loved any one band or musician. However, one band he really liked was Paramore, and he mostly liked every one of their songs.
'You are absolutely correct. The song which I was attempting in Acoustic was Renegade, my favorite song of the week.'

OOC: It also makes it very fun :D
Clothes: Polyvore does not have a wide range of mens clothes.
Theme: Renegade - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Saph <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm

TAYLOR BROOKS
Guitar Hero? It rang a faint bell in Taylor's mind but that was it. She could hardly recall anything else about said game. Story of my life, she thought bitterly. Despite her cluelessness, Taylor allowed a soft chuckle to slip through her lips as she shrugged again. She stifled another yawn that came her way. Perhaps the boy would think that she was still a bit too hung over from her nap to answer his question and shrug it off like it was nothing. Taylor didn't need more people knowing that she remembered barely anything, let alone the video games she had played (although, since her return, some of her brothers had been kind enough to lend her their PSPs and DSes when she asked). Enough was enough, frankly speaking. Better move on, right?

Taylor continued to run her fingers through her scalp as she listened to the boy speak, her small friendly smile never fading. Her smile widened as he complimented her taste in music and ability to find a good place to nap.

"'I'm a renegade I always was,'" she sang, inwardly cringing at how hoarse her voice sounded. She wasn't a singer, never been one in fact, but that didn't stop her from belting out notes like there was no tomorrow. More often than not it led to complaints - especially if the notes were high - but Taylor never really cared. She'd sing if she damn well wanted to. She'd sing if there was music, and chances are if she hadn't been napping when the boy started playing, she would've gladly displayed her vocals.

As she thought about it, Taylor cocked her head to the side. The sounds she woke up to had been purely instrumental. Her eyebrows rose slightly. "Why don't you sing?" she asked. "I mean, the place is empty - well, almost - but yeah. I would've given my vocal cords some exposure if I were you. I mean, if I could play like that I'd be holding mini-concerts every chance I'd get."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]   just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just let the pain remind you hearts can heal [private - non-event]
Page 1 of 1