Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

time has not been kind to me [open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

time has not been kind to me [open] Empty
PostSubject: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 am

KAEL LEWIS
Of course. Zombies. Half-dead corpses running amok like blind animals. What did I expect - rainbow unicorns?

Kael had not been in camp for long, but he sure as hell wasn't enjoying his stay so far. The whole Greek gods thing had freaked him out from the get-go even before his arrival here, but this... this was on a whole new level. Never in his life did he even think that he would be facing against a live and dangerous version of The Walking Dead.

Sitting in his own little corner in the bustling camp store, Kael watched the last people anxiously file in as the sun started to set. Pangs of jealousy hit him in waves as he realized that most of them brought sleeping bags and other bulky belongings. Kael didn't have a lot of things himself, much less a sleeping bag, and he was forced to watch in envy as the others snuggled in their soft happy place while he lay down on the cold hard floor. The only thing he owned was a standard issue celestial bronze sword that remained sheathed against his side. It would've been more useful if Kael was actually outside with the zombies, not that he wished to be among them. But right now, what he wanted most was a soft and comfortable bed. Leaning his back against the store walls, Kael started when he heard a familiar grumbling sound from his belly.

Food. He forgot to bring food!

Cussing under his breath, Kael sat up and resisted the urge to smack his head on the wall. He was stuck for twelve hours without a single bite to eat. Having been brought up in an upper class household, Kael was not accustomed to gritting his teeth and bearing it when he was even the slightest bit hungry. Unable to take it anymore (even if it had only been a minute), Kael and turned to his neighbor, trying to look dignified despite his foolishness. Swallowing his pride, he spoke in a thick Australian accent.

"D'you have some food with you?"
coded by rdragon

ooc: i am a slow poster. you have been warned.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629914
Ella Jane- Daughter of Athena

'Cause we're burning bright,

As we all unite...

Ella had just come back from the library. It was a safe haven, she knew, but during the night she couldn't stand to watch people burn her books, even if they were for a good cause. The sun was setting, the steaks of light that came in were as orange and fiery as her hair. The sky was an ashy grey like her eyes. She had managed to sneak in more supplies than she needed or wanted. Two sleeping bags, one small and one large, some trail mix and granola bars with one MRE. A canteen of water was secured to her belt along with her dagger, Eeuttvos. She held in her breast pocket a picture of her father, Micheal.

She really missed London. America was so different, the accents, the people, the food. They called chips french fries. It was so strange, and Ella felt as if she didn't belong. Ella got into the small sleeping bag, which was a forest green. She leaned against the wall, bracing herself for the sound of moaning zombies and the occasional screaming camper. Kronos was a bad titan, and she wouldn't join him for all the money in the world.

"D'you have some food with you?" A boy next to Ella asked. She almost didn't hear it because she was lost in thought. She turned her head to face him. Athena campers were supposed to be logical at every situation, and evaluate every single option that was available. This time was no different. The boy looked awfully hungry, Ella could see it in his eyes that he thought about food. She had more than enough, but did she really want to share it with a stranger she didn't even know?

The answer was yes. Yes she did. Her father would scold her for not taking care of those who asked for or needed it. "Yeah, sure. I've got more than enough anyways." Ella said, her English accent prominent. She reached into her pocket and brought out the MRE. She read the label, Chicken and Pasta. Her favorite. Sighing and looking away, she quickly opened the bag and poured a fourth of her water into the package. Immediately the package started to foam and steam. She handed it to the boy.

"Wait for a minute or two, then eat." She said, eating a bland granola bar. Ella wasn't hungry, but she knew that if she didn't eat now, she might never eat until tomorrow.

The boy seemed nice enough, but Ella didn't know who he was, so she decided to stay quiet and think about how to stop those infernal zombies from attacking the camp again.

And though the Embers are new whatever you do,

Just don't let the fire die...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:46 pm

KAEL LEWIS
Kael half-expected the girl to refuse, to tell him off for being so stupid to come unprepared. After all, who was he to bother her when she was already snuggled up and comfortable in her sleeping bag? But then she didn't seem to mind, even admitting that she had more than enough food, and Kael watched in relief as she pulled out a small package. His eyebrows rose when she started pouring water. Kael had never seen one of these things before. He bit back the question that rose to his lips and accepted the steaming bag without question, not wanting to make himself look even more like an idiot.

"Cheers," Kael said, giving the girl a slight nod. He returned to silence, watching steam spiral up from the partly open bag. He had never been the most talkative person in the world, especially in camp. Most of the time he was labeled as a loner - an aggressive one, even. He would tell off anyone who tried to bother him, even those with sincere intentions, and his rich-brat habits were difficult to suppress in the presence of this mundane camp life. However, a person can only turn to silence for so long. He might as well talk a little while he waited for the food to cook. It also seemed unwise to spend the minutes in silence during these apocalyptic times.

With his back pressed against the wall and the steaming bag held delicately in both hands, Kael slightly turned his head to face the girl once more. "You're not American," he stated, blurting out the first words that occurred to him. "English, I think?"
coded by rdragon
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 am

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629915
Ella swallowed the last bite of the not so delicious granola bar. She had obtained the MRE from her fathers friend who was in the army. In truth, they were really not all that good, but once you ate it, you were bound to bounce off the walls. So in a way, it got you prepared for shooting zombie's heads off and running for about 5 miles before you collapsed. Not that Ella was going to do that even if she did eat the MRE.

"Cheers," Said Ella quietly, though she had already eaten her food.

They sat and ate in silence for a while, and Ella swore she could hear the quiet moans of zombies from far away. Fear threatened to overtake her, but she told herself they were still in the forest and that other campers would stab them before they got to her. As a daughter of Athena, she didn't have any good powers like the children of Apollo did. She could merely summon owls at will and remember everything she read. Ella could also complete tricky puzzles, but what use was that to her? None.

And then miraculously, the boy who she'd given her food to spoke.

"Yes, I hail from the land of Harry Potter," Said Ella, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "You aren't American either. Australian." She knew because her Uncle Andrew lived there with his wife. She'd only met him 4 or 5 times in her life, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy. "So what made you come from Australia to America?" She said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:17 am

KAEL LEWIS
"I suppose," Kael replied slowly, adding just enough uncertainty in his voice to make it sound believable. Acting was second nature to him, even if he didn't really enjoy it sometimes. It must have something to do with being trained for the career before you can read and write. Kael sighed. "No clue, actually. I don't remember much."

He left it at that, looking back at the MRE. He could already smell the scent of chicken and pasta. Perhaps it was ready? Fishing out a plastic spoon that came with the package, Kael swirled the contents and made a slight face. It didn't look that appetizing...

Faint moans from the outside startled him a little. The first wave. Kael shuddered slightly. Here he was worrying about how the food looked when there was an undead army out to get them all. Really smart of you.

Ignoring the small voice in the back of his mind which snickered at the state of him eating like this, Kael took the first taste of the food he had never encountered before. The slightest hint of a grimace flickered across his face for a split-second before he held it back. Well, you've tasted worse.

Swirling the ready-to-eat chicken and pasta with the spoon, Kael said, "So what brought you from the 'land of Harry Potter' to here?"
coded by rdragon
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:48 pm

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629919

"Oh, that's to bad." Said Ella. She could remember her life perfectly, from the moment she could walk to right at this moment. She wished she could forget things, like the bullies in primary school that teased her and pushed her into lockers. Or the time where her father got into a car crash and Ella was sure that he was going to die.
"I uh, I was bullied my entire life." Ella confessed. She didn't like to talk about her past, but it might help pass the time and take her mind off of the moaning coming from outside. "My father said it would get better, but it never did. One day we moved to New York and a harpy attacked me, I've been here since to protect my father." She hugged her knees to her chest and put her forehead on them. If only she knew how to fight with a sword, Ella could go home to her father and be happy again.
She rarely knew anyone here as it was. Though it was unlikely that she'd get locked in a tight space again, Ella was still wary of people. She turned her head and smiled when the boy gave a grimace after trying the food. The noises of zombies grew louder, and she pressed her body towards the wall, as if she could melt into the stone and disappear until morning. She hated the undead, hated that she couldn't get a good nights sleep anymore, and Ella never would because the nightmares would plague her. She was very fragile in that sense and Ella hated herself for it. She wanted to be brave, but she wasn't built brave. Ella was built to be timed and shy, like a doormat.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

KAEL LEWIS
"Oh," Kael could only say. "Sorry you had to go through that."

Sympathy. It was an emotion Kael wasn't well-versed with. He had played a sympathetic character before, but in real life? Not something he felt everyday. Not when he didn't let people in, because the ones who did always left him in the end.

Kael sighed, fighting back another grimace as he brought the spoon to his lips for the second time. The least he could do was to appear indifferent to the taste of the food the girl gave him, although he swore she smiled when he made a face a few moments before. She didn't seem so bad, to be honest. Just another demigod caught in the web of this dangerous life, ending up in camp after some sort of tragedy. Half-bloods had the uncanny ability to attract trouble, after all.

"D'you still see him?" Kael asked curiously. "Your father?"
coded by rdragon
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629921
Ella stared at the boy through her curtain of red hair, disbelieving. Did the boy show some sympathy towards her? Nobody ever did that. Well, her father did, but not like that. He said to ignore what the bullies said and did to her. "It isn't your fault." She sighed sadly. "Though one time, an Australian boy pushed me into the pool when I was fully clothed with a book in my hand. I don't think it was you because he had white-blonde hair. Unless you dyed it." She inspected his hair, but his roots didn't change color at the top, so he must not have. 
The boy seemed to be very curious about her past. Ella didn't mind talking about it. She had kept her feelings bottled up inside her for so long, it felt good to let everything out. Well, not everything. She barely even knew the boy. For all Ella knew, the moment dawn broke, he'd be out there, screaming her secrets to everyone in camp. Still, it was too late to turn back now.
"No. I don't see him. I left because of him." Ella confessed about her father. "He wasn't bad or anything." She thought about the night where the sharp talon harpy attacked her on her way from the school to her home. To protect her father, she packed up and went to Camp Half Blood. She still wrote and texted him, but Micheal Collins didn't answer. Maybe he thought his daughter was a freak, just like everybody else in London and America, but he didn't show it until he got rid of Ella.
All Ella ever wanted was a person to see her as not the freak show, but as an ordinary girl with extraordinary powers. But Ella doubted that ever would.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:03 pm

KAEL LEWIS
A rare chuckle slipped out of Kael's lips and he consciously patted the wavy brown curls on his forehead. "Probably not. I don't remember ever dying my hair."

That was, of course, a lie. He was forced to dye it black for a commercial once. Never again.

Kael considered her for a few seconds as he chewed, his thick eyebrows scrunched together as if he were deep in thought. He swallowed quickly. "You left to protect him," he mused, thinking it was the only reason. "You must love him very much."

It wasn't always that something like this came out of his lips but Kael had the habit of blurting out observations that most people would keep to themselves. That didn't mean he let everything out. Some things were still better hidden in the confines of his mind, like how he could understand having a father you didn't see a lot. Revealing such things wouldn't bode well with his facade. While the girl seemed to have little trouble accepting her past and talking about it, Kael found another coping mechanism. And so far, it worked as well as it should, but only because he had put up a thick shield between him and the world. A shield that he fought hard to maintain, especially when the smallest mishap could cause it to crumble down like the fragile barrier it was.
coded by rdragon
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629922
 It was good hearing that the boy never dyed his hair. It would have been horrifying to have a bully from her past come and torment her. It was also good that the boy chuckled, it reduced the nervousness Ella was feeling. And it wasn't just the zombies, though that was the main reason. It was talking to another person, a boy no less, and not being made fun of that made her uneasy. It almost felt unnatural to Ella. But she knew that she had better learned to accept the fact that not all people were going to be complete jerks towards her.
"I did- I do. I still do love my father." Ella said quickly, scolding herself mentally for saying 'did'. Her father might not love her anymore, but his daughter still did. It wasn't as if the second that she had left their apartment Ella stopped loving him. If that happened, she wouldn't have cared if her father got killed. But she did and she always would.
She had basically spilled her guts out to the boy. It was his turn to tell her, even if he didn't remember most of his past. Ella understood that. Sometimes, she wanted to forget too, but being a daughter of Athena, that just wasn't an option.
"You must remember something from your past. A baby blanket, your parent's warm caress on your cheek. Anything, really." Ella said, looking at the boy who was eating the food. She giggled when he grimaced at the taste. She really couldn't blame him, it did not taste like the actual thing.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 pm

KAEL LEWIS
Kael's brows rose slightly at the past tense but he dismissed it quickly enough when the girl corrected herself. There must have been more to her leaving her father. It was just an errant thought, but Kael stopped himself before he could ask more. He of all people should know how some tended to get irritated when others pry about things that clearly weren't their business. Besides, he hardly knew the girl. Kael didn't even know her name. He found it odd how she opened up so easily about herself to a stranger she had only met five minutes ago, a stranger who had given her little, if not none, in return. Which was why, after thinking about such things, Kael wasn't surprised when the girl finally asked about him.

If they were not cramped together in a building barricaded from zombies, Kael would act differently. Things would also be different if the girl hadn't given him food and told him those things about herself. He was very picky of those he mingled with and from his short experience, camp was mostly filled with the kind of people he would rather not give the time of day. But despite how he carried himself, he wasn't really the snob most assumed him to be. Well, he was a snob, but not as much as people expected. He did have a bit of a heart somewhere, buried deep down under layers of lies.

"What I do remember is my name," Kael said, shrugging. "Kael Lewis. Son of Aphrodite."

And with that, Kael spun another layer of lies, repeated so much that it could almost pass for the truth. Almost.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:18 am

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629923
There was something odd about the boy, now named Kael Lewis. Ella could tell that just by looking at him. Not odd in a bad way, odd as in he was hiding something. She wondered if he was lying to her. That actually wouldn't be such a shock to her. People she had just met wouldn't come right out and tell them openly about their life. But she did. She did and yet she knew better. Ella muttered something softly to herself, something that Kael couldn't hear, or maybe he did, she didn't know. But she knew that Kael didn't want to talk about his 'past', truthful or not.
"I'm Ella Collins. Daughter of Athena." She said quietly. Why was she still giving out her life to Kael? It wasn't as if he was her psychiatrist who needed to know every bit and detail. He was just another camper that she couldn't get one sentence about themselves out.
They were all the same, the campers and the bullies, thought the campers understood you. Ella thought that Kael was different, she wanted him to be. She wanted a friend who was just as open as her, though she was clearly the only one that wanted that. Maybe she should act mysterious too...
No. No. She didn't mean that. Ella liked who she was. Her intelligent grey eyes peered at the darkness in front of her. It felt like being in the locker at school again, everyone laughing and pounding on the doors. She imagined the walls closing in on her, not leaving enough room to even move an inch. Ella knew she was having a panic attack, and the undead outside didn't help in the slightest. She clamped a pale and shaking hand over her mouth, willing herself not to scream.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:00 am

KAEL LEWIS
Kael carefully watched her reaction and for a moment, he thought he did something wrong. Was he perhaps being too nonchalant? Ella didn't seem too convinced... Well, she did say she was a daughter of Athena. Kael was more than aware of their reputation as the smartest kids in camp. He had long told himself to tread cautiously around them. He perked up as her mouth moved but her voice had been too soft for him to hear. "Were you saying something?" he asked, not altogether reassured but he kept his composure. Gods forbid he slip up after all this time...

But then she clamped a hand over her mouth, trembling as she did, and Kael could tell that something was wrong. He tensed up and quickly looked around, expecting to see a zombie or something just as scary to have brought out such a reaction from Ella. Upon seeing that there was none, Kael awkwardly shifted in his seat and stared at her. "Are you alright?"
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 am

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629924
Ella tried to control her breathing. She had plenty of room to move about as she pleased. She wasn't a prisoner in here. But telling herself that didn't help. She was still freaking out, though not terribly, like the time in the business her father worked for she thought someone was trying to take away her books and she went crazy and screamed her head off until she was hoarse. Ella was not going to do that here. She would be the most normal camper here. So when Kael asked if she was alright she answered: "Yeah I'm fine." Though her voice wasn't convincing in the slightest. The walls still felt as if they were being pressed together and the ceiling was caving in.
When would her panic attack end? Ella didn't know, it could take anywhere from minutes to hours, and being in a dark place was no help. As a daughter of Athena, she was made to consider every possible option that was available to her. And right now, Ella needed to get somewhere cool and wide open.
Leaving would not be an option, the zombies were moaning and groaning outside the walls and doors. If Ella went out, she'd be an easy meal. But she couldn't stay in here, either. Maybe if the camp store had a skylight, she could go through that and sit on the roof until sunrise came. That seemed like the most plausible answer.
And then another question rose to Ella's mind as she looked at Kael, who had shifted awkwardly in his seat: Did she want to bring him with her?

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am

KAEL LEWIS
Putting the now empty MRE bag aside, Kael continued to stare at Ella disbelievingly. 'I'm fine.' That had to be the most overused cliche lie in the world. The fact that she was still pale and shaking proved it. Kael's hand reached up but he froze when it was halfway up, letting it fall back to the floor. A girl he hardly knew might not take well to him suddenly patting her shoulder. He didn't really know where that idea came from, to be honest. Friends did that kind of thing often, right?

Correction, Genius, you're not friends, said a snide voice in the back of his mind. True, they weren't friends. They were still strangers who only knew each others' names, maybe a smidge more. But he couldn't just sit there unmoved when Ella was obviously not in a right state.

"Breathe," he told her, not knowing what else to do but offer reassuring words. "The zombies aren't going to get you. We're safe."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 am

Ella had long since given up the thought of escaping. She couldn't see three feet above her and to turn on a flashlight would upset the others in the room. So instead of screaming like she usually did, Ella curled up into a ball, trying not to panic even more. She took deep breaths, hoping that coldness would consume her, but the air that filled her lungs was warm and moist. She felt lightheaded, which only added to the sense that she needed to calm down, and fast.
Kael, she saw, had lifted up a hand, but then let it down after a moment of thought. Maybe it was because no one wanted to touch the freaky girl. Or maybe it was because they weren't friends yet. The first one seemed more likely in Ella's mind.
"It isn't the zombies I'm worried about." She said to Kael, not turning to face him. Instead, she put her forehead on her knees, feeling the softness of the black pants she was wearing. "I know we are safe. It... it's something else."
And with that, the black spots in her eyes grew bigger and bigger until she was consumed by the darkness that she feared and hated.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 am

KAEL LEWIS
Kael was so... at a loss. There was really no other way to describe it.

He didn't know how to comfort the girl. He didn't have to do much of that before, even before this mythology stuff happened, and the last time he did was when cameras flashed and a director yelled 'action'. There was a script back then - it told you what to do and how to do it. Now it was only reality and Kael was stuck trying to figure out the lines of a nonexistent script.

Squinting through the darkness, he could see the faint figure of Ella curled up into a ball beside him. He shifted once again, this time succumbing to nervous habits like raking a hand through his brown locks and drumming his fingers across the cold floor. The silence was punctuated by hungry groans from outside the building and Kael excelled at tuning those gruesome sounds out, mostly because he was still distracted by Ella's movements. This was really something the seemingly cold-hearted loner hadn't done before, and it showed. Kael sighed. Ella gave him food. He had to repay her kindness somehow.

"I'm listening," Kael suddenly said. "If you want to talk about it."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 am

Ella sat back up, pale and shaking. She no longer was freaking out, so maybe that was a sign that the panic attack had passed. Still, she tried to control her breathing just to make sure. When she had them at home, her father had merely brushed it off, saying that it would get better over time, but it never did. The psychological scars the bullies gave her would stay with Ella forever, tormenting her, until she would finally become the crazy person they all thought she was.
"Remember how I said I was bullied?" Ella said, her voice weak and trembling. Kael asked if she wanted to talk about it. Might as well. "These kids had pushed me into a locker one day after school for fun. I was locked in there for hours before anyone came and got me. I'd been in the dark for about five hours. Well, since then I've had frequent panic attacks that cause me to first hyperventilate and then faint." Talking made her feel somewhat better, though not completely.
She didn't say anything for a while, just reliving that moment over and over again. Ella knew that thinking about it wouldn't help, it would just send her off on another attack that she didn't want. So instead she thought of London. The grey sky that rained, big ben, the Thames river. It was all so close, but yet so far. Only in her mind could she visit her homeland and be a little girl again, having tea with her stuffed animals and not caring what people thought of her.
"You probably think I'm psychotic, don't you." Ella said quietly, coming to terms that if Kael did say yes, she wouldn't be as hurt. No one ever found her normal, no one ever would. 
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 am

KAEL LEWIS
Kael's head snapped up when Ella started speaking again. He didn't really expect her to take him up on his offer. He could understand it if she didn't want to share such things. But what he couldn't understand was the fact that she was so... open. Not that he minded at the moment, thinking that he was still somewhat indebted to her for the food, but it was hard to imagine himself being an open book.

Sitting up as well, Kael continued to tap his fingers against the floor as he listened. Eventually silence reigned once again, the only sounds being the uneven rhythm of his taps and the zombie moans. This time he wasn't figuring out what to say, but his mind was filled with what Ella had just shared. It wasn't hard to imagine. Stuck in a tight space, darkness all over, not knowing if anyone was going to hear you shouting for help... He couldn't fault her for not getting over it. Five hours can be an unbearably long time for someone stuck in a situation as that. Thinking about it made him shiver slightly, in fact.

"Well no," Kael admitted, being more honest than he had ever been in this entire conversation. "Just very open. That doesn't make you a psycho, does it?"
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am

It took Ella by surprise that Kael had said no. Almost everyone thought she was different, a freak of nature not to be touched. Maybe not all people were horrible jerks that wanted to make your life miserable. But then again, she'd be acting different if Kael wasn't acting like he was. At school, Ella didn't talk, didn't eat, didn't even raise her hand in class to answer a question or to correct the teacher. She did what she was told and didn't try to make trouble. But being a demi-god, trouble always found you.
"I don't think so." Ella admitted. She usually wasn't very open. Maybe it was because the zombie's scared her. Thinking every night might be your last, Ella changed. If she died, she wanted someone to remember her the way she was. Not the strong, silent girl that everyone liked to pick on, but what she thought was herself, weak and pitiful. Of course, she probably wasn't that kind of person, but the years of bullying added up, and soon you believed what they told you. It sickened Ella. She hated feeling sorry for herself.
"I'm sorry. I'm holding a major pity party for myself." Ella said for no reason. Maybe she just felt like talking, or it possibly could be that she didn't like the awkward silence between the two. If Kael would just open up and tell her about him, the real him, it wouldn't be like this. Ella had a hunch that the boy was lying, but she wasn't going to say so out loud, in fear of angering him. But the sneaky Athena child had a plan. "We could play truth or dare to pass the time, if you want."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

KAEL LEWIS
"It's fine," Kael said when Ella apologized, not understanding why she was even saying sorry. But then, he didn't understand a lot of things. He should probably get used to that feeling.

Her suggestion took him aback though. Truth or Dare? For him, that game had danger written all over it. So much room for mistakes, for being found out. Truth was poison to Kael Lewis, a boy of lies. Masking his surprise with a cool indifferent mask, Kael shrugged and offered Ella a thin smile that could be easily missed due to the lack of light.

"I've got amnesia. I told you - I don't remember much," he said smoothly. "And dares might wake everyone up."

And as if to prove his point, someone snored a few feet away. Kael shrugged, resisting the urge to snort. "Like I said."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Kael was clever, Ella had to hand it to him. Almost clever enough to be a son of Athena. Come to think of it, she didn't even know who his godly parent was. But one mans strength could be another mans weakness, and Ella was going to play that to her advantages.
"Alright, forget the dare part. But if you really have amnesia, then a game of truth wouldn't hurt? Unless you're chicken." Said Ella, liking the fierceness and smoothness of her words. Why couldn't she be like this all the time? This is was the Ella Collins that she liked, not the other one that was prone to panic attacks. "I'll even let you ask me some questions, though I am a fool for being so open. You can go first."  She leaned against the wall, hands in front of her, her thumbs never ceasing to move. Her orange hair curled around her face, and Ella was happy that she didn't have naturally frizzy hair.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 pm

KAEL LEWIS
Kael's smile faded. He couldn't do this. He wasn't that smart, but he wasn't idiotic enough to put himself in a situation that could expose himself. Slowly Kael's short moments of goodness came to a stop and before he could stop himself, he was turning back to the cold boy who turned everyone away.

"Why don't you try having amnesia and get asked about things you can't remember?" he said. "I don't remember anything. You don't have to rub it in."

Scowling, Kael averted his gaze and stared instead at one of the barricaded windows, watching the little moonlight filter through the thin slits between the unevenly cut wood. Just when he thought he could actually mingle with another person who wasn't half-bad, it all started backfiring on him. He had already given her his name and parent, and those were the only things he felt comfortable giving out. In fact, he couldn't even recall the last time he shared that information willingly. Most of the people here just didn't deserve his time. A little part of him hoped that Ella wouldn't become one of them, but fates were once again starting to prove him wrong.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:20 am

time has not been kind to me [open] 34629926
Ella certainly didn't mean to upset Kael. She just wanted to see if he'd agree, he could've just said no. As he started at one of the boarded up windows, Ella felt a pang of guilt. She knew she had to apologize to him. But she had never done it before in her life. Being a goody-two-shoes, a teachers pet, and a bookworm, you didn't have time to cause trouble, therefore, you never had to say sorry to anybody. Clearing her throat she started saying the words she had never said before.
"I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't mean to make you upset. It must be terribly awful to not remember anything of your past, but I'm not rubbing it in." She looked at him with her stormy grey eyes, the ones all her siblings had. Did he believe her? Would he accept her apology? Ella hoped so.
She waited for an answer, and quickly looked down at the ground, not daring to make eye contact at Kael, afraid that he might lash out at her for staring at him. She looked at her hands. They were scarred, muddy, and bloody. The bright orange fingernail polish had long since chipped off, but she could always repaint them when this whole event was over and done with. Ella thought it wise to wear a black shirt to hide the blood, and it was, though it looked like she was part of the wall. Ella wanted nothing more than to actually blend into the wall, become part of it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:23 am

KAEL LEWIS
Kael lifted his head up slightly and met Ella's eyes only for a split-second before turning away. He avoided her gaze just as she started avoiding his, but all the same he nodded in response to her apology. He didn't know if she saw the gesture but he was starting not to care, just like how he did with others a hundred times before. Sticking to silence, Kael leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes. Conversation over, it seemed.

The groans outside were rather unnerving now that his company didn't distract him that much, and Kael squirmed in slight discomfort. With the sounds around him and his lack of a bed or anything softer than the floor to lie on, he didn't know how the hell he was supposed to get some shuteye. And it didn't help that his body felt restless, more so than it normally should. It was as if he had drunk a whole vat of coffee. Caffeine rush? That couldn't be possible. His last drink was most definitely water, and that was even before he entered the camp store for the night. His hand accidentally brushed against the empty bag beside him. That "chicken-and-pasta"... it didn't cause this, did it?

But before he could muster up the nerve to ask Ella just what it was that he consumed, Kael's senses shot to maximum alert level at a new sound that stood out from zombie groans. It was a scream, a shrill cry of help. He sat up quickly, one hand reflexively resting on the hilt of his sword. No sooner had he reacted did someone bang on the door.

"Help us!" a girl yelled hoarsely. "We're not one of them! Please open the door! Anyone!"

He looked around but no one made a move to help. Some hung their heads presumably in prayer. Others just shifted on their seats. Kael glanced at Ella, his eyes big. Surely she heard it too, right?
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time has not been kind to me [open]   time has not been kind to me [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

time has not been kind to me [open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next