Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blu

Blu

[NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] Empty
PostSubject: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
After a good ten minutes of trying to ignore it and go back to sleep, Henry lazily rolled himself out of bed, awakened by the shuffling sounds and hushed voices of the other minor god campers starting their day. He was glad that it was summer time and more campers would be around, but over the summer he would miss waking up late and getting away with it.

He pulled on jeans and a tee shirt and left his cabin, greeted by the scent of fresh strawberries. Even if he hadn't intended on heading toward the strawberry fields, the aroma probably would have carried him in that direction anyhow. He heard a distinct chanting sounds overhead and saluted the falcon circling above him. It was a lax motion and informal morning greeting. "Morning buddy, you hungry?" he called. The creature chanted eagerly in response and soared toward the fields, leaving Henry behind. He chuckled and shook his head. "I'll take that as a yes," he sighed, making no moves to catch up with his feathered friend.

Henry plucked a fresh strawberry off of the first bush he reached, popping it into his mouth and strolling through the area, noticing a familiar face. He smiled and crept up behind her, placing his hands over her eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into her ear.
|| OOC: Sorry I took so long :P ||
|| Word Count: 222 || RP Partner: Ashes ||

Last edited by Blu on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:47 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

Charlotte looked down at the fresh strawberries that stood in front of her. This was one of the few places she liked to visit during the early hours of the morning. It was a plant that was nearly perfect. She wished she was able to grow something as perfect as the plant that lay in front of her. She picked one and plopped it into her mouth. As she went to take another her eyes were covered."Who is this? I'm completely surprised. There's only on other person who would do that, but I'm stumped!" She said hoping her sarcasm didn't offend him. Henry was someone she had grown closer to over the past year. He always made her smile and was always there for her. She developed a crush on him, but could never act on it; she would hate to ruin their friendship. She tried to pull her hands off his eyes, but had little to no luck.

"Wait, wait! I know it now! It's Henry, isn't it?." She chuckled and waiting for him to release his hands.

Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
Henry noticed the sarcasm in her voice, but he ignored it and just grinned. He wasn't one to be easily offended by sarcasm. In fact, he was glad she used it. When they first met, she had been so reserved. He loved that she was able to open up to him. He felt like he could tell her anything. Being with her was so effortless.

He was torn from his thoughts by her touch as Charlotte tried to pry his hands away from her eyes, but she was so petite, she had no chance against him. She would have to guess if she wanted him to let got. When she finally did, he slipped his hands from her eyes and moved around to face her. "Aw, how'd you know it was me?" he asked, feigning disappointment.

|| OOC: None. ||
|| Word Count: 136 || RP Partner: Ashes ||
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

Charlotte chuckled at his question, “Well, like I said before, there’s only one person I know who does that. She poked his face in an attempt to turn his frown into a smile. What are you doing up so early. It’s summer!” She said turning and absorbing in the morning sun. She then grabbed another strawberry and dug into it. It was just as good as the first she had bit into to.

“I just hope that those summer campers get here already. The faster they come the faster they leave. Our cabin is so crowded when the summer campers are here. She processed what she had just said and turned to him. "Hm…that must be why you’re up this early. Too many annoying campers?” She chuckled again realizing she did that thing again where she can’t stop talking.

" Sorry, am I being annoying?" She laughed again regretting that she had asked that question.

Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
She succeeded in turning his frown back into a smile, as hie cheery attitude reappeared the moment he felt her poke at his cheek. "Don't think I'm gonna stop just because you always know its me," he teased, reaching around her to grab another strawberry as well, chewing it down while she worked out the reason he was up so early. It's not like he wasn't a morning person. He just liked to sleep in.

"Bingo," he said through a mouthful of strawberry. "That's exactly why I'm up this early," he continued, shaking his head in disbelief. "I mean, at least your cabin is just filled with other Demeter kids," he pointed out. His cabin was filled with all the minor god kids without cabins of their own. Sure, he was glad to be out of the Hermes cabin, but Hera's cabin still got pretty crowded during the summer. He would be facing a lot more early rises in the future. It didn't help that he was a pretty light sleeper. "And, no, you weren't being annoying," he reassured with a smile, ruffling her hair a bit.

Abruptly, Henry threw himself down onto the ground, locking his hands behind his head and closing his eyes, letting out a heavy sigh of relief. "At last the summer has an up side," he chuckled, enjoying the moment of laying in the sun.

|| OOC: Were you referencing my drunken rambling? XD ||
|| Word Count: 230 || RP Partner: Ashes ||
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

As Henry threw himself on to the ground she stood over him and shook her head, but seeing as how tired he was she let it slide. She grabbed a few more strawberries before sitting down next to him. "Another strawberry?" She said handing him one. She bit on one after another before thoughts filled her head and imagination took over. She was exhausted; it wasn't from the lessons or capture the flag. She was simply mentally exhausted.

After she finished the strawberries in her hands she slid down next to him and let the sun hit her face. Charlotte sat up and began to laugh; she thought about the times they had played and how many weird questions had come up. "Alright time for a game, Would you rather?." She sat there and thought of a question. She smirked and began stroking her chin with her thumb and index finger. "Would you rather be fluent in all languages or a master of every musical instrument?" She laughed thinking about her own answer. She would definitely want to be fluent in all languages, so she could communicate with people all around the world. If only she was a daughter of Athena.

Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 am

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
Lifting his eye lids a moment when she offered him the strawberry, he grinned and happily accepted it, scarfing it down in no time before returning to his leisurely position on the ground with his eyes closed and his hands locked behind his head. Though he did not open his eyes, he smiled at her suggestion. It had definitely been a while since they played that. It was one of his favorite pastimes, a great way to delve into someone's psyche, and a way to get to know each other better.

He pursed his lips and thought a minute about her scenario. "Well, knowing how to play every musical instrument is a definite money maker," he said with a slight nod, which looked a little weird considering his position on the ground. "But I'd have to go with fluent in all languages," he decided. "I hate language barriers, he added thoughtfully. His mind immediately turned to a son of Ares he'd been falling pretty hard for. The boy was deaf and Henry's sign language skills were pretty terrible.

Henry shook his head a moment as if propelling himself out of his own thoughts. His nonchalant demeanor returned. "Nah, the instrument thing," he decided with a clear note of finality in his voice. "No one can resist a rock star," he chuckled.
|| Word Count: 220 || RP Partner: Ashes ||
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 am

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

Charlotte laughed as he drifted from answer to answer. “Yeah, girl’s sure love the rock stars. I remember when my dad took me to one of his favorite rock band’s concert and all you could hears was the sound of girls screaming. You couldn’t even enjoy the music” She said laying back. He head filled with memories on her father. She missed him waking up and walking down stairs to his homemade pancakes. She missed how every Sunday they would go to the local park and throw the Frisbee and play a friendly game of basketball.

After a few moments of silence she turned to him, “Well it’s your turn” She said before closing her eyes and relaxing in the sun again.

Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
When Charlotte laid down, Henry rolled onto his side and propped his head with his head, supporting himself up on his elbow into a position in which he was now looking down at her. She was quiet for a long time, probably reminiscing as she sometimes did. Her expression was a bit sad, though that disappeared when she spoke up again, urging him to continue their little game.

"Okay, I'm gonna go a little morbid here: would you rather burn to death or drown?" he asked. He remembered hearing this one before from someone else and was curious to know what she thought. The way he saw it, either one would be a pretty screwed up way to go. You would be suffocating either way, which was pretty terrifying.
|| Word Count: 129 || RP Partner: Ashes ||
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

Charlotte laughed at his question,  “Wow I was not expecting that.” She stood there for a moment. “I don’t know, both choices are so good. I just can’t decide” She thought on it for a few moments as finally came us with her answer. “I think I would take the fire. I can’t swim so I’m kind of deathly afraid of drowning. I would die any other way.” She thought on to the first time she had learned of her fear of the water. Seeing as how she almost drowned then she hasn’t gotten over of it since. The only place Charlotte will ever tolerate is the beach. She could always tan while others enjoyed the sea.

“Hm, I think I got one,” she said hesitantly. Thoughts ran through her head as she made the decision to let the question leave her lips. “Would you rather be friend-zoned by your crush or have your best friend fall in love with you?” Trying not to look too suspicious she lay back again and continue to soak in the sun. She had a smile on her face hoping to hear his true feelings.

Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Henry Beaumont
Son of Aether
He was actually glad that the question had taken her off guard. It was definitely a hard decision to make. Listening to her answer, he mentally slapped himself. "Oh man, I forgot about your whole 'fear of water' thing. I get why you'd prefer the fire." He actually had a little bit of a fear of fire, so he'd probably choose to drown. He also thought it might hurt a lot more, but he understood where she was coming from. "I'm a pretty good swimmer though, so I'd save you," he reassured with a smile, playfully poking her side.

Henry took a deep breath in and exhaled heavily in response to her question, moving back into laying down position next to her and looking up at the sky. "Hm... you know what," he quickly decided. "That's actually not a hard one at all," he declared, shaking his head. "I'd rather have my best friend fall in love with me, hands down." Being friend-zoned by your crush was a whole lot worse than having your best friend fall in love with you. It was a no-brainer.

Henry folded his hands over his abdomen and watched the clouds pass by overhead. When he spoke again, it was in a soft, sort of detached voice as he thought through his words. "Telling someone you have feelings for them and being rejected," he scoffed and shook his head slightly. "It can be devastating," he nodded, obviously speaking from experience. He was bi-sexual. The first guy he ever fell for? Not only did he not feel the same, he was also kind of a homophobe. It didn't exactly end with a happily ever after. "At least with the best friend thing... I mean, this person is your best friend for a reason, you know?" Though still lying down, he turned his head toward her. "That's why a lot of best friends fall in love after a while: taking that next step is so easy because, on some level, you already love them," he smiled.

|| Word Count: 339 || RP Partner: Ashes ||
Back to top Go down
UndefinedMagix

UndefinedMagix

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:59 am

Charlotte Montgomery
Daughter of Demeter

Charlotte could feel her faces getting red. That was an honest answer and it was the only proof that what she was feeling was okay to feel. Seeing as though she was gonna be nervous she shook her head and closed her eyes tight. Thoughts rolled through her head like; does that mean he likes me? Are we at that point of friendship? Does he love me as much as I love him? She shook her head again and laughed a bit, “Wow that was deep. I think were done with this little game. And yes I am so judging you right now,” she said nudging closer to him. On the outside she thought she was playing it cool, but on the inside she was freaking out. This was a big step up and maybe if things go her way she could tell him how she truly feels.

“See this is why we’re friends, you’re the only guy I know who would have admitted that,” she said poking him back, which was revenge for earlier. She opened her eyes and turned to him. “What now…what to talk about?” she said smiling.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]   [NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[NON-EVENT] Summer Mornings [Ashes]
Page 1 of 1