Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]   Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] Tumblr_mknddb0vGJ1qjnqapo1_500

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

One bounce, two bounce, one dodge, two dodge, bounce, keep at this speed and you'll reach the end in no time.
It was the fifth time I had even tried to do the bouncy castle obstacle course, and as of yet I hadn't even beaten my second time. Rope ladders, slides, cargo nets, the whole enchilada. Near seven in the evening, and the sun wasn't even close to setting. The joys of Summer.
Not very long. 30 yards, I can do that. I can beat that time. The trick is, do not slow down....
Easier said then done, in all fairness. Five times, three fails. First time had been to sort of get an idea what was even in there. Second, that was where I'd upped my game a little and gone all out. Third and fourth had failed mostly because I'd fallen a lot.

And it actually hurt a lot when I fell. Carpet burns and all that.
I was wearing a purple and pink New York City design top, which didn't really cover my arms at all. That meant when I'd slid after falling, I'd burned my elbows. Short pink shorts meant one of my knees had a slightly oval shape carpet burn, which I didn't even know was there until a couple falls later. I also had on purple converse, and I was wearing a pink bracelet with pink stud earrings. 
One mistake I'd made had been wearing my hair in its usual style, down around my face. It had been pulled mercilessly each time I'd fallen, but I was adamant I wouldn't pull it back into a ponytail. I refused to be bullied by a bouncy castle obstacle course.

One ladder- is this the last one?
For a second I allowed myself a little flare of pride. I was almost done! And I was positive, more than positive, that I'd just beaten my time! 
Go Kalina, Go Kalina, you can do it-
Just my luck that as I thought that I collided with a very human body. Someone who had probably been doing the course as well had been right in my path, and seeing as though I'd sort of been running as fast as it was possible to go on a bouncy castle thing. Which was pretty damn fast.
Tumbling, I skidded across the rubber surface, gaining a couple more carpet burns on top of my other carpet burns, and pulling my long hair even more than it had been pulled in previous falls. At least other times I hadn't been sort of thrown off course.
Yeah but it is kind of your fault.
I sort of stopped on my face, and had to turn over to pull the hair out of my mouth and stuff. Staring at the ceiling, there was literally one thought going through my mind.
Well, so much for beating my time.

OOC: Go Kalina, Its Your Birthday
Clothes: [URL=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=86842444]Here[/URL]
Theme: Fences - Paramore
RP Partner/s: MY ML <333
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]   Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] Tumblr_lybv7cE2Io1r4ldjf
Teagan Sinead Moran
Daughter of Pallas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teagan bites her lip, as she scrambles through the obstacle course. Why is she even doing this? She's almost positive it's impossible. She's fallen so many times that she's lost count. What possessed her to try this? She's just embarrassing herself. After several long, painful minutes of making it through the course, she reaches a ladder. Smiling lightly, the girl begins to climb it. Climbing, one thing she is actually good at. 

Just as she had made it over to the other side, Teagan feels the force of another body colliding with hers. Falling forward, the girl slides across the rubber surface. Most likely scrapping, her elbows and legs. Stopping herself, she pushes herself into a sitting position. Checking for fresh wounds and bruises she sighs. She then looks up and at the other girl. Biting her lip, she attempts to speak but no words come out.

Come on Teagan, she's just a girl. You can talk to her. Don't be nervous, don't freeze. She takes a deep breath, before trying another time. "I-I'm s-so s-sorry!"she says quietly, just loud enough for the other girl to hear her, stuttering as she speaks. Biting her lip, she looks over at the girl. "A-are y-you o-okay?"she asks her. Teagan then slowly pushes her self into a stand position. Looking down at her outfit, she smoothes it out. 

Her tank top, and shorts now have a few new rips to match the cuts on her skin. Sighing she tries her best, to hide them. She'll have to throw them away, oh well. She can always use some new clothing. She then looks over at the other girl. "O-once a-again, I-i'm s-so s-sorry"she says quietly. Good job Teagan, you managed to talk to someone. Now let's go for now sounding so stupid? Okay? Okay.

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] Tumblr_m6pnrri7yO1r4kfic
Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clad in a pair of black denim shorts, a cream colored Aztec print shorts, a pair of gladiator sandals, and some sunglasses, Victoria isn't really dressed for an obstacle course. Let alone one that doubles as a bouncy house. Yet, the daughter of Chaos is not about to let that stop her. She races through the castle, slipping and sliding every once in a while. Yet she manages to do it at a pretty good time. She reaches the last obstacle, a ladder and smiles.

Running over to it, she jumps at the wall. Grabbing on, she begins to climb over it. On the otherside, she hits the ground. She holds her hands above her head, and lets out a victory cheer. Putting her hands back down, she notices the other girls. It looks as though they had collided. Stiffling a laugh, she looks over at them. "Oh my gosh. Are you two okay?"she asks, trying to contain her laughter. She knows it's rude, but it is pretty funny. 

Victoria then looks over them, and notices their cuts. Closing her eyes, she concentrates on using her powers to summon some bandaids. Opening her eyes, she finds a pack of bandages in her hands. She then walks closer to the two girls, opening the pack. She then hands each of the girls a couple of them. "Here, use these"she says to them. "I'm Victoria by the way. And you two are?"she says to them.

Teagan
Victoria
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]   Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] Tumblr_mknddb0vGJ1qjnqapo1_500

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

Sitting up, I winced at the pain of fresh wounds, and tried to pat my hair back into its previous style. It had been knocked about a bit today, but I was pretty sure this was the worst fall so far.
Ugh... Never going to get it back normal. Its probably all fuzzy and everything. Well done Kali. Ruined hair all because you were too stupid to tie it up before we started... Let this be a lesson... carry scrunchies everytime you leave the Cabin from this moment onward.
After a couple seconds, I sort of gave up, hoping that my efforts without a mirror had made me at least presentable. Seeing as though I wasn't able to see my head, then I'd be relying on my immense hair care skills to have fixed my hairstyle.

The person I'd bumped into spoke then, bringing me back to reality.
Oh Gods, Kalina did you just forget you'd bumped into someone? Did you just think your hair was more important than the person you so rudely knocked down? New personal low....
Turning to the person I'd knocked into, who was in fact of the female variety, I shook my head and held up my hand halfway.
'I'm fine, really. Just a couple carpet burns, and hey! You're sort of asking for them when you get in a rubber bouncy castle style thing. Are you okay? And em... it was my fault. Usually I'm pretty good at noticing people are in front of me, using my eyes, that sort of thing, but I was trying to beat my time and I guess I hadn't thought there would be someone in here. I am so, so sorry for knocking into you,' I smiled weakly too her, and then for the first time took notice of the other girl there.

'Can only speak for myself, but I'm pretty okay,' I said to her, keeping my smile in place.
When she closed her eyes, I wasn't really expecting what happened.
Did she just... create a packet of bandaids? Like an actual pack of bandaids? Now that is something you do not see everyday... A pack of bandaids, out of thin air?
I suddenly came aware of how my mouth had flopped open, and worked to close it into a thin smile. Though, I had good reason to be sort of... shocked. A girl just created a pack of bandaids in front of me. Kind of a shocking thing to see.
I took the bandaids she offered me gratefully, and nodded my thanks as I opened a couple to use on my worst carpet burns. When I was done I looked up and pulled my hair to one side, trying to make myself look a little more normal.
'I'm Kalina. Thanks Victoria, for the bandaids.'

OOC: Go Kalina, Its Your Birthday
Clothes: [URL=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=86842444]Here[/URL]
Theme: Fences - Paramore
RP Partner/s: MY ML <333
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]   Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Let Them Think There's No Place Else You'd Rather Be [Private]
Page 1 of 1