Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Summer Sunsets -open-

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

Summer Sunsets -open- Empty
PostSubject: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm

They usually made Brianna smile. The warm sand between her toes, the crash of the wake, the warm rays of the setting sun on her face. But today... Felt wrong. Her stomach hurt, she couldn't force her smile, and it was like all the bad feelings she'd brushed aside her whole life were coming back and punching her in the gut for ignoring them. She felt alone, tired, and sad. Was this a normal teenage feeling? Well, then being a teenager sucked, she decided in her head as she played with a seashell she had found on the beach. The usually bubbly girl felt miserable. But no, she wasn't going to go pout to someone, or complain about it to everyone within earshot. She was going to poke at the sand until the icky feelings went away.

And so, deciding that it was useless to lay around and feel sorry for herself, she stomped down to the water, grabbed a bucket-full, dumped it in the sand. And then she set to work building a sandcastle with her furious, sad, depressed feelings. If you can't push them aside, do something productive with them! That was how Brianna decided to feel about these new-found ickies in her mind.

And so anyone walking on the beach, would see the  caramel haired, peasant skirt wearing daughter of Dionysus, furiously and aggressively making a sandcastle of glorious proportions.
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Summer Sunsets -open- Tumblr_m821zb6uQG1ruhj3co1_500
Lorki Mentile

The light was fading in the pale sky as I walked quietly along the beach. The waves lapped quietly along the shore, dragged closer and closer to my feet by an unseen force. It was pretty silent around the area, except for the call of a few birds and a yell of triumph from somewhere in the camp. My hands were shoved in the pockets of my swimming shorts, a light blue tank top hanging loosely from my shoulders. My floppy brown hair was slightly flipped up today from a small performance at the camp fire. It was my first, actually, and I thought it went rather well. 

The lake here was quite nice. In fact, it was a great place to just think, like I was. To be quite honest, I was very home sick. I missed the loving smile of my father, the warm hugs from my mother. I may be sixteen years of age, but there was nothing like a night with your mother and father. Laughing slightly to myself, I looked up to spot a girl building a sand castle with such intensity, the sand hardly held. I quickened my pace so I stood in front of her, peering carefully down with my brown eyes. "You know," I started quietly, humor slicking my voice. "The sand stays better when you place it with care."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Deep purple eyes, the color of wine grapes, turned up and peered through caramel bangs at the boy. Brianna had been doing her best, and was usually much better at these things, so the failure was getting to her. The sixteen year old girl looked down at her sunken sandcastle, her lower lip puckered out in a pout. It was obvious she was on the verge of a breakdown, from the lost look in her eyes. "I know... I'm usually really good... at sandcastles..." She sniffled, rubbing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Lorki Mentile
The deep, thick feeling flooded my heart when I realized the poor girl was sad. It rang deep in her dark purple eyes. Immediately, I sunk to my knees and paused for a second before asking softly. [color-#cc6600]"What's wrong? Something's bothering you."[/color] I looked away from her eyes, hoping to lessen the stress of telling a complete stranger what was going on inside your personal thoughts. "You can tell me, I don't mind. I'm Lorki, by the way." I added quickly, struggling to find the right words.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 pm

"I try to be a good girl... And make people smile...but they always leave. I can't even go home and see my mortal friends cause my mom had a baby, and I don't want to put my new baby sister in danger..." She sniffled, compacting sand into a tower-shaped bucket. Her head was down, her eyes on the sand. Squishing her toes in the sand, she peeked up at him. "People think I'm dumb and annoying..." Flipping the bucket over, she tapped it until the tower popped out. Peeking over, those deep purple eyes watched him. The wind coming off of the water pulled on her bangs, her long hair braided over one shoulder, flopping as she shifted. Sitting back, she forced herself to smile. No, you can't be sad in front of this person. "It doesn't matter though! So long as I can make people smile."
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Lorki Mentile
I shook my head quickly, sliding my body around the sand castle to wrap the poor girl in a hug. "Of course it matters. It obvious that this is bothering you, and that does matter a ton." I whispered softly, letting her go. I slid a bright, charming smile on to my lips. "Do you want to tell me the whole story? From start to finish? I have time, if you do." I really hoped the pretty girl would tell me what was wrong in depth. It troubled me greatly that anybody was in distress, much less one that seemed to try and make everyone else's life brighter.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Blinking, Brianna's smile would slowly fall. It had been a long time that anyone bothered to hug the girl, or tell her to just tell. People don't want to listen, they want you to listen... At least that's what she'd thought. "It's...a long story... Uhm... I grew up in California... My mom had me with Dionysus... He liked my family's wine... We put love into our wines.... My...mom was never one to cling to a love she can't have. She was happy enough to have had the time with my dad she could, she...passed that onto me. Always smile, don't let things hurt your heart when people have to leave. Just keep them there. Well... I've tried. I've tried not to let people leaving hurt my heart. I try to smile and listen and just have fun... but everyone always leaves..." She sniffled, rubbing her eyes. It was weird, telling anyone this. "I wanna be strong...like my mom..."
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:56 am

Summer Sunsets -open- Tumblr-m4r9qia1yn1rpm40uo1-400
Julio Martinez

I was walking along the beach in a orange swim shorts and white no sleeve shirt letting the waves hit my feet. I took my necklace, a celestial bronze pendant with a sword in graved into the centered hanging from a chain, off my neck and press the center which then turned into my sword. I started swinging it around and i lost my grip and flew toward my brother and some random girl and thankfully landed next to them. "Sorry Bro!" I yelled from a distance before running up to them. "That doesn't usually hap-" I noticed the girl was really sad. "Hey what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Sunsets -open-   Summer Sunsets -open- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Sunsets -open-
Page 1 of 1