Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[PRIVATE] our paper crowns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[PRIVATE] our paper crowns Empty
PostSubject: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm

ace ashfield son of hades
Ace was the king of the bounce house. There was no denying it because he was the only person in the bounce house and therefore the only possible candidate. He had silently gone through the obstacle course without anyone else's knowledge and he had enjoyed it, although he was fairly certain he had bruised his ring finger in the process. He was sprawled out on his back contentedly, satisfied with having all the space to himself.

Nobody really wanted to through a bouncy castle obstacle course at 10 o'clock at night, nobody but Ace. He enjoyed the challenge. It was completely exhilarating to not know where you were going because you were plunged in complete darkness. Ace lived for stupid challenges so he had taken on this one. It was strange, seeing carnival attractions at camp on the day he decided to come back, but he wasn't complaining.

He wasn't a huge fan of camp events but he liked exploring new places. Especially at night when no one was around. There was something nice about it that he just couldn't describe.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm

tiffany claire powell
Tiffany tore through the bounce house, using it more as a training course than a carnival game. Her small, hardly defined muscles flexed as she raced against herself, although as she jumped and spun and ran, she began feeling more graceful, more like she was dancing, and she let herself relax. It was fun to challenge herself in the dark, where she could take the inflatable as seriously as she wanted and get rid of some pent up anger, but it was also fun to enjoy herself. She had been.. particularly hard on herself as of late, and maybe she needed to chill out. It had been a few days since she broke up with Dylan, and the thing with Zander had happened, and she still didn't feel over either of them. She had messed up, right? Shouldn't she be the one to walk away fine?

As Tiffany broke through the end of the obstacle course, she leaped into the bounce house, pretty sure she had just set some sort of Olympic bounce house record. She was the queen of the bounce house, that was for sure. Laughing to herself and falling to her knees, the girl almost let out a scream upon seeing that there was another kid in the bouncy room. Strike that—another teenager. A guy. Much taller than her, although probably close to her age. "Oh, um.. hey, hi." Tiffany was trying to mask her awkward with some pep, but she was pretty sure her shock was palpable. "I don't usually laugh that obnoxiously, sorry." Tiff rubbed the back of her neck and sighed, although she let herself laugh a little more, amused by her situation. "Sorry to interrupt your bounce house time, I was just... running through." Quite literally, she had been running.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:06 am

Ace's primary instinct when faced with the imminence of unwanted socialization was flight. Making a speedy escape while bouncing five feet in the air with step was ridiculous to even imagine, however, so he instead resorted to Plan B, which was to remain absolutely still and hope that the other person would go away. Clearly, Plan B was unreliable because the girl noticed him within seconds and greeted him extremely awkwardly. Ace could respect that in a person. Awkward greetings happened to be his forte. "Hi." He said dryly.

Gazing in the presumed direction of the intruder, Ace waited in awkward silence for the person to leave - he was the god damned king of bounce house, all eligible candidates taken into account or not. After another minute, though, he was all too prepared to bounce off into the nonexistent horizon when suddenly his motherly intuition kicked in. He didn't know what incited it but Ace usually trusted his gut. "Have a seat," It was more of an order than a suggestion. "Tell me about what happened."

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:36 pm

tiffany powell,
Tiffany stared blankly at the boy, coughing into her sleeve as she tried to decide what made him so bitter. For the life of her she couldn't even imagine that he wanted to be alone. Tiffany had to be the only loner. In her mind? She definitely was the only loner. No one else had drama and it was always smooth sailing ahead. Tiff was alone in a seemingly inescapable storm of random depression and anger, right? She had to be. There was surely something bothering this boy, or he was just naturally rude, or his greeting wouldn't have been so cold. "Yeah, hi." Tiffany repeated, scratching her head and fluffing up her long blonde hair.

Tiffany did not expect the boy to want her to stay, let alone want to play therapist, so the commands caught her a little off guard, to say the least. "I'm sorry?" she asked, a bit confused; although for whatever reason, she did sit down. "Is it that obvious?" Tiffany whispered, sighing as she did so. "You don't even know me, what makes you want to hear me complain?" The dancer bit her lip, fighting a smile. It probably wasn't visible in the dark, but her face was flushed, and she was slightly amused by the boy. "I don't even know you." Still, she was sitting in front of him, prepared to talk about Zander and Dylan and her chick flick sort of a life.

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 pm

"Don't worry about it, you're not obvious, I just happen to be a mother hen and with that status comes incredible intuition." Ace said, mussing his own hair and offering a small grin. He then shrugged his shoulders in answer to her next statement even though she probably couldn't see him. "It's easy to have heart to hearts with strangers. If you feel like talking, I'm all ears. Maybe afterwards you'll even get some words of wisdom from the one and only Ace Ashfield. That's my name by the way." He said, picking up a balloon sword and whacking her lightly with it. "You don't have to tell me yours, since that would defeat the point of a heart to heart between strangers, probably. I just like to spread my name around a little bit. Advertising, you know."

(( SHORT POST I'M SORRY /O/ ))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 am

[PRIVATE] our paper crowns Tumblr_m9bnf5HpLS1rdbt84o1_500
tiffany powell,
Tiffany blew a strand of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear as she listened to the boy—who now finally had a name to his face—make a tempting offer. She didn't even have to share her name, and she could get someone who would listen. "Alright, you've swayed me Ace Ashfield." The blonde didn't bother defending herself from the stranger's light whack. Chuckling, she shooed the sword away. "What a scary knight you are, huh?" Leaning back on her elbows, Tiffany repositioned herself so that she was almost next to the boy. It felt more like a conversation that way.

"You can know my name," Tiffany replied, smiling at Ace, although it was smaller than her usual smiles. "It's Tiff. Well.. er.. it's Tiffany, but most people just call me Tiff." The dancer shrugged and stared up out of the bounce house, her eyes examining each star they could soak in. She didn't even know where to start with her little story. Her brother seemed like a good start, but was any of this really about the little angel? "I don't mean to drop a bombshell on you before I really even start talking about the problem, but things have been kind of.. okay a lot different for me ever since my little brother died in this car crash. Like, other things have just been blowing up in my face." Tiffany bit her lip and took a deep breath, turning to face Ace to make sure she hadn't scared him off or something. "Great start there, Tiff, way to get him interested. Good going, idiot." Tiff face palmed and shook her head. "Still want to play mom?"
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am

"Oh, I'm the scariest." He said, his face deadpan. He listened as she spoke and filed away the bit of information in his head. Tiff. He barely knew what she looked like because of the dark, but it was probably good to remember that name anyway. He had a feeling tonight might not be the end of her problems and maybe he might be there again if she needed him. "I'm sorry for your loss." He said sincerely, waiting quietly as she waited quietly.

He rolled his eyes at the next thing she said. "Yes, I'm still willing to play mom, you dingus." He said without heat. "You seem like you need someone to talk to and I'll be your listener ear." He said. He thought briefly of Colby and how he felt he could say anything to her and he felt angry that Tiff didn't have anyone she could talk to like that. Everyone needed someone like that.

(( ANOTHER SHORT POST I'M SORRY LOL ))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:02 am

tiffany powell,
Tiffany looked straight ahead, trying not to make eyecontact with Ace and rethink talking to him at all. Her heartbeat flooded her ears, and she would be shocked if the boy couldn't hear it. It was like all of Tiff's little noises were being magnified. She swallowed, and that small action seemed to deafen the girl. She could hear her throat suppressing a few whimpers, and she could hear her eyelashes fluttering against themselves as she blinked back tears that were loudly building up in her tearducts. "It's okay," she finally replied, talking about her brother. Little Jake. "It's awful. I don't miss him as much as I should, but it's still awful not having him." The blonde bit her lip, contemplating whether or not she should be completely open. "That's another problem. Because I should care a lot more about my brother. I feel horrible, but, like.. I can't make myself—" Tiffany shut herself up. She felt depressed. She was supposed to be feeling better.

Tiffany sighed, but and shook her head. "Dingus?" she repeated. "I like your vocabulary, stranger." Tiffany was speaking extremely quietly, because she knew she could keep control of her inflection this way, but it wasn't very convenient for the boy attempting to listen to her. She couldn't help whispering, though. It hid her growing hopelessness. "Yeah, I do. I definitely do. Thank you." It seemed so long ago that she had felt as appriciated as she felt at the moment, even though Dylan had cared about nothing but Tiffany just a few weeks ago, and the same for Zander. It was different when someone was willing to offer brief companionship instead of faltering love, though. Ace would be a friend for the night, and she wouldn't have to worry about whether or not she loved him, or if she was willing to forgive him, or anything that came with talking to Zander again.

"Mostly, right now, I just feel really alone and stuff. Like, I had everything, and I messed it up. Because I did. Even if it was his fault too, for coming back, and—" Tiffany blushed and her frown grew. Ace didn't know about Zander. She couldn't talk about the blue haired boy without explaining him. "He's my ex. Yeah, it's that kind of sob story, sorry. I wish it could be more interesting, but mostly from here it's just about boys." Tiffany clasped her hands together and fidgeted with her thumbs nervously. "He kind of randomly left me not too long after my brother died and I was sad at first, but then I moved on, and then he came back. And there was another guy who I liked a lot, too. And how am I supposed to just drop my relationship with boy number two because he comes back? He couldn't really love me if he expected that to happen, right? And I felt really pressured. But I kissed him anyway, because I missed him and he was back, and okay, and his hair was still blue, and he looked exactly the same and he felt like mine again. Which is where I stupidly messed up." Tiffany grabbed her head and she could hear everything again; her heartbeat and nervously swallowing, and tear build up. She was stronger than to cry over Zander, but was she strong enough to not cry over her life feeling dark again? That was a serious threat. The depression.

"I messed up, stranger. Badly. So badly, I don't even deserve this coddling. Because I kind of brought all of this on myself, didn't I?" For the first time since being told to continue, Tiffany looked over at Ace and licked her dried lips anxiously. She didn't know if it was bright enough to see into her eyes like you usually could, but they were filled with a powerful amount of hurt.

((it's okay baconator. I don't mind tbh))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PRIVATE] our paper crowns   [PRIVATE] our paper crowns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PRIVATE] our paper crowns
Page 1 of 1