Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Foreign Languages Anyone?

Go down 
+5
welshy
Heartless Tenchi Marrow
jessica
Colby
anna.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

Foreign Languages Anyone?  Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Foreign Languages Anyone?  Flags_of_the_world

Hey everybody. Katherine/Anna here. I came up with an idea for something that could go under homework help or something. Maybe we could make a section for teaching foreign languages? I mean, some people struggle with their foreign languages at school, and others could help them. Also, this is my situation that gave me the idea, maybe someone wants to learn a language and they can't afford Rosetta Stone or they can't take it at school. (Ex-I want to learn Dutch, my school doesn't offer it).

Just pouring out my thoughts. What do you guys think? Admins, could this be possible?

Thanks for your time.

~Katherine Grace
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:24 am

Do we have any members that know foreign languages, and are qualified to teach them? If there are a few, there can't be very many. We do have several members whose first language isn't English, but that'd be asking them to take the time to teach us all their language. This idea might be cool, and personally I would love to learn Swedish, but there are plenty of other websites more suited to it.

Hopefully that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:39 pm

URM. I don't know any foreign languages but BUT I do know all the flags of the European countries; however, that's not very helpful.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:32 am

I don't know if this would work out on here, but there is a site that I'm on, and I'm sure somebody would be willing to teach you Dutch. In fact, somebody on there is teaching me Italian in exchange of me helping them with their English.
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Okay. It was just a thought. It's fine. I understand.

Thanks for you time!

~Katherine Grace
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Heartless Tenchi Marrow

Heartless Tenchi Marrow

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:51 am

Well I know Latin,Greek,and Spanish,and a little bit of Norse :D
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:46 pm

hey look at the fifth flag from the left on thE BOTTOM ROW THAT'S MY FLAG. YOU GO BABY I'M SO PROUD OF A LITTLE COUNTRY LIKE YOU MAKING THE WALL FLAG CHART. SO PROUD RN :')

cough i would be willing to teach you swear words in welsh if you wish~
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Idk, it seems like it could just go in Homework Help or whatever. I don't see the need for a full forum, seeing as though it probably won't even be used that much??

Fifth Row, Fourth from the right, there's me flag. Téigh ar Éirinn, dom cara d'aois.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:51 pm

twelfth row, fifth from the right. 8,D usa usa
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I find it really funny that the uk and the usa are further down than ireland

and then i realize the picture is in alphabetical order
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 am

I don't quite see why this needs permission--if someone knows spanish and is willing to make a guide, just stick it up in the guides section. I think the main concern would be to actually get people to write such a thing up, since describing a language over the internet to someone who knows nothing of it can be something of a challenge and require lots of work.

But admins can't really force people to teach new languages. If someone want to help you, they'll do it on their own terms. And of course, this site can't be held responsible for any false information you may learn. Most of us are not qualified teachers, lol.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:28 pm

There's also the problem that if I teach you something, you may not understand what I'm trying to say and take it differently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages Anyone?    Foreign Languages Anyone?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: